Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:30:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
somestranger

Activity: 487
Merit: 500

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:23:36 PM

Where are the monthly accounts?

Discussion of the website which still has bugs and (IMHO) looks poor. That impacts people's impression and could impact sales.

What's the situ with the Avalon refund and what will happen to it?

Improved communication with shareholders - hopefully a pr guy will sort that.

Improved press coverage. Pr guy again.

Clearly post the approx schedule as I did (it should have come through pr or ken last week).

Will there be an open source board design? That could help chip sales.

Etc.

This sort of thing as these were either promised or could materially affect the profitability of the company. Not micromanagement details which would always be a frigging nightmare (NDA issues, competitors, keyboard warriors, time, etc).

I'm not saying these are good or bad, they're just legitimate questions.

LOL... did I ask for anything different? Really?
Never I have asked for micromanagement. Status report is a fkn status report. I ask for simple statements of progress and  monthly fin statements.  Because of you  obvious lack of experience, you start accusing me of asking impossible.
I repeat, everything I ask is standard information and none of it is covered by NDA.

We (I) participated in so called IPO so we gave him coin needed to get this show on the road. VC or no VC, angel investor or not bull shit is irrelevant. Taking our coin means he has to report back, what he has done with the coin. Period.
If you can not get that trough your furry skull, Mr ffssixtynine, go stand in the corner and think for a while, why we like to see it. What fkn amateur hour... Seriously.

Did advisory board ever sign a contract, outlining their rights and responsibilities? This contract must work both ways.
At the moment,  sounds like Ken has told you to guys "piss off or stfu" and just ignores what ever you guys tell him.
Please confirm, it is not so.

I am not even going to start on that "design" horror of yours, with Earth as a sunken butt plug, leaking bitcoins.
Strong agreement with almost everything you have said in the last 3 pages. I think it is absurd that he has chosen to ignore you for posting valid and easily answerable questions. We get left in the dark for weeks without so much as a simple update leaving us to wonder what is happening, and we got a balance sheet a couple months ago but nothing since which does not make sense -- this is not covered by an NDA.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 06:29:13 PM

Sorry...  B U T T C O I N

rofl

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:31:37 PM

Really, iCEBREAKER? Quoting your other troll account?
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:34:30 PM

Crumbs. Wash your mind out with soap n water!

But crumbs, seriously, show us something creative for a design??  You can go back to what you do, straight after.

You're asking me to lure unsuspecting sheeps into Ken's Slaughterhouse, and to take gainful employment away from the *other* Slaughters at the same time.
I'm afraid my conscience just won't let me Sad
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:38:24 PM

Crumbs. Wash your mind out with soap n water!

But crumbs, seriously, show us something creative for a design??  You can go back to what you do, straight after.

Seriously, I can cheer with the best of us, but fuck that logic.  ActM's graphic designs are bad, and they should feel bad.

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
N_S

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:47:33 PM

ActM's graphic designs are bad, and they should feel bad.

/thread
SoylentCreek

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:07:36 PM

Maybe Ken is trying to tell us something...

Was I helpful or insightful?  Feel free to say thanks! 1PuoasR1dYtNq9yYNJj9NreDAfLEzc3Vpe
stenkross

Activity: 330

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:11:50 PM

Where are the monthly accounts?

Discussion of the website which still has bugs and (IMHO) looks poor. That impacts people's impression and could impact sales.

What's the situ with the Avalon refund and what will happen to it?

Improved communication with shareholders - hopefully a pr guy will sort that.

Improved press coverage. Pr guy again.

Clearly post the approx schedule as I did (it should have come through pr or ken last week).

Will there be an open source board design? That could help chip sales.

Etc.

This sort of thing as these were either promised or could materially affect the profitability of the company. Not micromanagement details which would always be a frigging nightmare (NDA issues, competitors, keyboard warriors, time, etc).

I'm not saying these are good or bad, they're just legitimate questions.

LOL... did I ask for anything different? Really?
Never I have asked for micromanagement. Status report is a fkn status report. I ask for simple statements of progress and  monthly fin statements.  Because of you  obvious lack of experience, you start accusing me of asking impossible.
I repeat, everything I ask is standard information and none of it is covered by NDA.

We (I) participated in so called IPO so we gave him coin needed to get this show on the road. VC or no VC, angel investor or not bull shit is irrelevant. Taking our coin means he has to report back, what he has done with the coin. Period.
If you can not get that trough your furry skull, Mr ffssixtynine, go stand in the corner and think for a while, why we like to see it. What fkn amateur hour... Seriously.

Did advisory board ever sign a contract, outlining their rights and responsibilities? This contract must work both ways.
At the moment,  sounds like Ken has told you to guys "piss off or stfu" and just ignores what ever you guys tell him.
Please confirm, it is not so.

I am not even going to start on that "design" horror of yours, with Earth as a sunken butt plug, leaking bitcoins.
Strong agreement with almost everything you have said in the last 3 pages. I think it is absurd that he has chosen to ignore you for posting valid and easily answerable questions. We get left in the dark for weeks without so much as a simple update leaving us to wonder what is happening, and we got a balance sheet a couple months ago but nothing since which does not make sense -- this is not covered by an NDA.

I also agree with most of what EskimoBob said last couple pages, except for the rude stuff.
They are legit questions and concerns imo.
neilol

Activity: 302

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:53:16 PM

That is one of the worst turns ActM has taken. Forget the lack of communication. That image is something to behold.

My god, just look at it....

Imagine how hilarious this image would be in the future if ACTM turns out to be a massive scam. Would go down forever in internet history.

Edit: Initial investors "Nah guys, looks totally legit. Underground bitcoin mine."

zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 07:59:57 PM

Either establish an official transfer policy and service that anyone can take advantage of, or don't do it at all. No need to be shady.

Our thoughts too hence the public disclosure. There have been enough shady operations by other securities.

re: BTCT There is a lot more demand on BTCT so it's not so clear cut. It'd take a lot to shift the price much there and it's been more resilient.

Ken isn't interested in doing anything other than a one off, and maybe not even that. If he did, what if there is transfer min and max amount (e.g. 10-25k), max overall amount of e.g. 250k, first come first served.

This is only a suggestion. Even if Ken says yes, we'd need feedback.

My feedback is this;   If Ken goes for the idea it should not be first come, first served.  It should be an offer made to all sharholders and that should be as a percentage of total shares held.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:04:35 PM

Firstly, if you want to be listened to then being rude is not going to make that happen. EB has been quick on the insults multiple times. If you treat people with respect then you'll get respect back. I have answered him multiple times now and only had nasty comments back. Whether he thinks I have answered or not, that is not how proper discussion happens.

That said, EB was asking for schedules/tasks/risks/details for the next couple if weeks. That's just not going to happen, however much you ask.

However, that is different from the lack of overall communication and lack if monthly financial reports. Those are fair game. We've tried with the former but it needs a proper paid PR guy. The latter is something that needs handling and I understand it's in progress, but progress needs a completion date. Again, we've done all we can. It needs internal manpower in our opinion.

Also, ken isn't ignoring us on everything and at least made some web changes at our behest. You have to understand that it isn't our company or your company. It isn't for any shareholders or advisors to tell a CEO what to do, it is for all of us to provide feedback.

He can agree or disagree with what he likes, all anyone external can do is communicate their ideas, queries and issues.

If you don't like the front page image, pm him and say why. Posting here won't change anything.

We're on your side in all of this, that's why people like eskimobob annoy me when they're rude and when they make requests which are just unproductive. We're putting a lot of time and effort in, and we're not teenagers with time to spare. It's been a second job that's got in the way of work, of family, etc. Unpaid volunteer work which actually costs us money.

The more shit we get as volunteers - outside of the obvious trolls - the less it makes people like me want to spend hours every day on it. Be careful what you wish for.
tom.hashemi

Activity: 169

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:09:42 PM

Firstly, if you want to be listened to then being rude is not going to make that happen. EB has been quick on the insults multiple times. If you treat people with respect then you'll get respect back. I have answered him multiple times now and only had nasty comments back. Whether he thinks I have answered or not, that is not how proper discussion happens.

That said, EB was asking for schedules/tasks/risks/details for the next couple if weeks. That's just not going to happen, however much you ask.

However, that is different from the lack of overall communication and lack if monthly financial reports. Those are fair game. We've tried with the former but it needs a proper paid PR guy. The latter is something that needs handling and I understand it's in progress, but progress needs a completion date. Again, we've done all we can. It needs internal manpower in our opinion.

Also, ken isn't ignoring us on everything and at least made some web changes at our behest. You have to understand that it isn't our company or your company. It isn't for any shareholders or advisors to tell a CEO what to do, it is for all of us to provide feedback.

He can agree or disagree with what he likes, all anyone external can do is communicate their ideas, queries and issues.

If you don't like the front page image, pm him and say why. Posting here won't change anything.

We're on your side in all of this, that's why people like eskimobob annoy me when they're rude and when they make requests which are just unproductive.

The more shit we get as volunteers the less it makes people like me want to spend hours every day on it.

Out of pure interest - and it's not my intention to insinuate anything by asking this - but why do you spend hours on this every day?
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:16:36 PM

We're on your side in all of this, that's why people like eskimobob annoy me when they're rude and when they make requests which are just unproductive.

The more shit we get as volunteers the less it makes people like me want to spend hours every day on it.

Out of pure interest - and it's not my intention to insinuate anything by asking this - but why do you spend hours on this every day?
For the betterment of the company of course. Anything we can do to help can conceivably raise the share price.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:19:54 PM

Stupidity?!

In all seriousness, it's because actually we see the same as a lot of you and want to do everything in our power to improve the non engineering side. That actually takes a lot more work than you realise. It's not too bad now thankfully but initially we had a lot of ground to cover. I can't go into details as that's not fair on everyone involved.

Ken's a really nice guy and very clever too. I'd underestimated him in many respects. When it comes to marketing though, we're not even close to being on the same page.

Lewicki prototyped a new site and we had written up content etc, but as yet Ken hasn't gone for it.
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 08:22:24 PM

I think there is something quite endearing about Ken and how he seems to be bloody mindedly focussed on acheiving his specific goals at the expense of other important tasks.

He wants to building Bitcoin/buttcoin mining machines and that is his sole focus.  

We may be right in our criticisms however, at the end of the day if he delivers these machines to customers and to our mining farm, on schedule, then it doesn't matter how he got there, just that he did.

History will be his judge.

@E-Boab were you a lot of trouble at school?  Bet the teacher's loved you.

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:30:14 PM

For the betterment of the company of course. Anything we can do to help can conceivably raise the share price.
Share price helps "the company" in EXACTLY one way: they can demand a higher price when they dilute everyone's shares by offering another round of financing. There is NO other reason for a dividend-paying bitcoin company to care one bit about the market price. It's not like there is risk for hostile takeovers, because "shareholders" don't really have any real power in these things as it is - and it won't affect any future 3rd party buyout talks, because that always involves book value and future cash flow multiples.

So, if you are concerned about the share price for the sake of the company, stop it. It shouldn't matter to them at all - if it does matter to them, then you need to realize they are gunning for another round of funding. If, on the other hand, you're concerned about the share price for your own sake, just say so - there's no shame in that.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
lewicki

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:32:13 PM

Share price helps "the company" in EXACTLY one way: they can demand a higher price when they dilute everyone's shares by offering another round of financing. There is NO other reason for a dividend-paying bitcoin company to care one bit about the market price. It's not like there is risk for hostile takeovers, because "shareholders" don't really have any real power in these things as it is - and it won't affect any future 3rd party buyout talks, because that always involves book value and future cash flow multiples.

So, if you are concerned about the share price for the sake of the company, stop it. It shouldn't matter to them at all - if it does matter to them, then you need to realize they are gunning for another round of funding. If, on the other hand, you're concerned about the share price for your own sake, just say so - there's no shame in that.
No.
ffssixtynine

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:41:41 PM

It's the Internet! I'm sure bob is great in person but people think that they can say stuff online that you'd probably get decked for in real life.

Going back to the topic in hand. Production management stuff is really down to what ken delivers. He either does that or he doesn't. That is, delivers eASIC devices and chips as specified. There is nothing you can ask for or do that will change this side of things, that's why it's frustrating seeing them brought up.

If you invested in ActM, you invested in the belief that he would deliver. easic came through so next is chip or board details. The ipo was only a few weeks ago really! Bitcoin is a crazy world where people have no patience (try investing in the real world, sheesh!). I'm not excusing the lack of information flow, once again, just the level of detail requested and the song and dance and insults over it.

Conversely, marketing discussions actually have a real point and could go somewhere. Marketing affects sales, simple as.

Re: shares: I don't think there can be any money raising now, it's done (except for a very small number if shares). Not caring about share price at all could be disruptive in pr terms. I think there is a balance. I certainly think the lack of regular updates and eASIC timing contributed to some big sales on bitfunder.

I know, I'm a terrible person for wanting people to behave like adults on a forum!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2013, 08:42:00 PM

That is one of the worst turns ActM has taken. Forget the lack of communication. That image is something to behold.

My god, just look at it....

Imagine how hilarious this image would be in the future if ACTM turns out to be a massive scam. Would go down forever in internet history.

Edit: Initial investors "Nah guys, looks totally legit. Underground bitcoin mine."

TO THE BUTTCAVE!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 08:47:43 PM

No.
Quite a compelling argument you've got going there.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
Pages: « 1 ... 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: