Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:40:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:54:15 PM

I respect you - but if he didn't intend to be scammy he isn't intelligent enough to be in charge of shareholder funds period. this is crazy guys - why arent you up in arms about this? aren't you aware of the implications - he does this he will do whatever he wants.

Go home dude you're not invested.

Its the most stupid thing to say I know. Also we are up in arms can't you tell?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:54:58 PM

btw what does P&L stand for

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/plstatement.asp
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 07:56:08 PM

I respect you - but if he didn't intend to be scammy he isn't intelligent enough to be in charge of shareholder funds period. this is crazy guys - why arent you up in arms about this? aren't you aware of the implications - he does this he will do whatever he wants.

you had plenty to say in the Labcoin thread earlier - why cant I educate some of the people here who obviously aren't aware of the severity of your CEO's words and subsequent cover up of what he posted?

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Mutated btc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:59:25 PM

you had plenty to say in the Labcoin thread earlier - why cant I educate some of the people here who obviously aren't aware of the severity of your CEO's words and subsequent cover up of what he posted?

my eye's did pop when i saw he deleted the post, yet im weak, cant do anything

edit: maybe he wanted be part of us etc, and he didnt think before hand
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:00:06 PM

I post in Labcoin because I hold a position in Labcoin. I post here because I hold a position in Active Mining.

What Ken has done goes both ways, one hand its insider trading, on the other hand it signals that the CEO is confident in his company.
ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:00:35 PM

Look can you at least clarify, if the company has used company funds to buy back shares those shares get destroyed thus increasing the ratio/value of all outstanding shares (This is what happens in real life, a company doesn't hold its own shares, a share buyback destroys the shares. Apple did this a few times)

First thing I asked. When I know I'll say.
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:01:05 PM

Wow, just wow. CEO's buy and sell shares all the fucking time. It's not illegal AT ALL if there is disclosure. The guy just disclosed he thinks the stock is a buy and you want to tar and feather him. LAME.

Edit: Not to mention, if any of these companies want to trade on inside information it is impossible to stop and they would presumably not disclose it and use an anonymous exchange account.

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:01:11 PM

my eye's did pop when i saw he deleted the post, yet im weak, cant do anything

edit: maybe he wanted be part of us etc, and he didnt think before hand

What post did I delete? Or are you talking about someone else?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:01:49 PM

I didn't know about any of this, so a couple of things.

- I've asked someone who does know their shit to post how it works with regular IPOs because those running around shouting illegal/insider trading are apparently not quite right. It's also not unusual within Bitcoin to say the least (I'm not saying it's right).

- I'm awaiting a response from Ken BUT I know it would be a very typical thing for him to do & post because he wanted to show that he does have confidence in the company, and he thinks that is how people will see it.

I'm 99.99% certain this wasn't a scammy move. I've been dealing with Ken long enough to know how his mind works and it isn't like this.

The real problem here is the share price, lack of communication, etc etc. This was a match for a lot of dry wood.

TMAN, you have to realize we're dealing with brainwashed cult members here, not rational actors.

They won't listen to facts WRT their crappy 20GH ASIC-SX vs the real (full custom) chips that will be shipping in the same timeframe.

They won't listen to the market, clinging to the BTCT price even when it's obviously inflated by the artificial scarcity of shares there.

They interpret anything and everything that happens as 'Moar Good News!  Great Company!  Buy Cheap Shares!'

Confirmation bias run amok!  Clap louder and cheer more, or else you are an evil troll who needs to be shunned/ignored/reviled.   Cheesy

I told them to get out weeks ago.  They had every opportunity to sell at 0.0045, but they preferred to bet against iCEBREAKER.  What fools!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:02:41 PM

I post in Labcoin because I hold a position in Labcoin. I post here because I hold a position in Active Mining.

What Ken has done goes both ways, one hand its insider trading, on the other hand it signals that the CEO is confident in his company.

are you stupid as well? withholding information & trading on that information. this means he is stealing from shareholders, why aren't you more angry? just because he is the CEO doesn't mean he should be using that information to his advantage while not passing the same information to shareholders.

matuszed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:03:55 PM

Lotta hate going around about this "insider trading issue."  First off if you didn't notice were in BTC land so its not like SEC jurisdiction matter but if we use them for a guide this is what it states.

Insiders trade stock  a LOT. A lot of higher ups have a substantial portion of their net worth in the underlying equity for the company they work for.  That being said when insiders trade large blocks of stock they have to submit a form with the SEC which can be found on edgar http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml .  If you look through some popular companies there are a lot of these kind of filings.  Since edgar is hard to manage Yahoo has an aggregated one and here is insider transactions for MSFT http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=MSFT .  You'll see a lot of gates on there obviously.

What ken did by buying shares would not be illegal in the real world he would just have to file his actions with the sec which he obviously cant do in BTC land.  What would be considered illegal would be if ken knew that ACTM was purchasing LC for example, im making this up, and bought up tons of shares of LC before the news was public.

All this being said it is usually considered a bullish bet that if the CEO is buying shares that he believes the company is mispriced and cheap

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:04:31 PM

I'm 99.99% certain this wasn't a scammy move. ...

Good enough for me Cheesy

Crumbs please leave, you are not invested and not helping.

Not helping who, exactly?
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:04:36 PM

are you stupid as well? withholding information & trading on that information. this means he is stealing from shareholders, why aren't you more angry? just because he is the CEO doesn't mean he should be using that information to his advantage while not passing the same information to shareholders.

You are silly and so off base it boggles the mind. Take a deep breath and compose yourself. LOL

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:05:35 PM

- I've asked someone who does know their shit to post how it works with regular IPOs because those running around shouting illegal/insider trading are apparently not quite right. It's also not unusual within Bitcoin to say the least (I'm not saying it's right).

- I'm awaiting a response from Ken BUT I know it would be a very typical thing for him to do & post because he wanted to show that he does have confidence in the company, and he thinks that is how people will see it.

I'm 99.99% certain this wasn't a scammy move. I've been dealing with Ken long enough to know how his mind works and it isn't like this.

The real problem here is the share price, lack of communication, etc etc. This was a match for a lot of dry wood.

Look can you at least clarify, if the company has used company funds to buy back shares those shares get destroyed thus increasing the ratio/value of all outstanding shares (This is what happens in real life, a company doesn't hold its own shares, a share buyback destroys the shares. Apple did this a few times)

No, those shares become a treasury stock - shares that have no rights for dividends, voting etc.
But yes, this actually increases the value of other shareholders but only, if those shares are bought back below book value.

Ken used his own coin and account, separate form Actm a.k.a issuer account. At least in btctm because the number of outstanding shares is the same as before.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:06:08 PM

I agree and have asked for clarification. Its up to Ken to right this, explain what he meant and why he did it. Am I angry? Yeah, at both these companies. I feel like a bagholder as every hour passes. This is my first time investing so lets just say its been very educational. I am hoping to eventually profit but this goal does seem to keep moving further and further away.
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:07:15 PM

No, those shares become a treasury stock - shares that have no rights for dividends, voting etc.
But yes, this actually increases the value of other shareholders but only, if those shares are bought back below book value.

Ken used his own coin and account, separate form Actm a.k.a issuer account. At least in btctm because the number of outstanding shares is the same as before.

no he used active funds & said he will continue on his own account. where are the financial reports? where is the information on the refund & what he is doing with them?

kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:08:19 PM

For transparency I own 98,053 shares with an average price of ~.0034 BTC.
which I purchased with my own BTC.

In the future, I will announce on this thread my total number of shares owned
within 10 days after I purchase shares.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:10:55 PM

Thanks Ken.

May I ask, how comes you have so few shares in the company? Don't most founders own a decent % of the company?
TMAN
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 08:11:40 PM

which I purchased with my own BTC.

please supply details on your last 20 trades please. Times & values, please prove me wrong on my thoughts of you being scammy here.

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 08:11:56 PM

Thanks Ken.

May I ask, how comes you have so few shares in the company? Don't most founders own a decent % of the company?

He has 15 million!
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: