Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 09:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:10:36 AM

Regarding shares transfer from AMC to ActM : I got em in 48 hours, and the reason for delays, I believe, is that CEO is busy with eASIC on details.

I've been waiting since Saturday. I understoodd there would be delays but Ken posted the following update (before going to sleep judging by the time):

"I will be working on getting all the transfers completed tomorrow."

That was 27 hours ago. In the past 24 hours, I've watched the share price bounce up and down, unable to do anything but watch.

I'm really pissed off with Ken over this. He has failed to do what he said he was going to do yesterday and because of that, I've missed out on the opportunity to profit. I've asked here for an explanation and been ignored. I've asked in a PM for an explanation and been ignored. This is no way to treat investors and he needs to get his shit together.

Lewicki posted earlier saying that Ken was on the way to talk to engineers for the Avalon clones, Ken has been in and out of meetings and travelling.
He isnt a superhuman. He will get to your shares in time.

Lewiki made no such post so I don't know why you are saying he did. Also, I'm not expecting ken to be superhuman and I'm not expecting anything unreasonable from him. I'm simply expecting him to do what he said he would do and failing that, to provide an update as to why he couldn't stick to his word.

And don't tell me what Ken is and isn't doing. You have no idea what he's doing so don't pretend otherwise. I keep myself up to date with what's going on and know the same as you do. What ken said he would be doing though, is transferring shares yesterday, which he never did. If he had no intention of doing so, then he shouldn't have said he would.

My apologies, it was Streets2.0 that posted this:

Guys, the 120,000 shares were mine.  I made a deal with Ken.  Because he is so busy, I paid him a VERY  high premium to have my shares transferred from BF to BTCT.  The premium went directly to the company.  I advise everyone with less than 120,000 shares not to do this, as the price was very high and wouldn't be worth it for most shareholders.  I paid him $5000, which went directly to the company.

I did get immediately on the horn and called Kens office.  I was transferred to his cell and asked what was going on with this 120k dump.  It was explained to me that a serious investor had made a deal to him in fiat to transfer those over to Btct.  I guess now as we see that was Volcanic.  When talking to him I could tell he was on the road (can hear the wind), and asked where he was headed to, while apologizing for calling after hours.  He had told me he was on the road to meet with the engineering firm.  I had asked how many hours were left in the drive and he stated 4-5 hours.

Also ken said he would be WORKING ON getting through the transfers. Clearly he didn't finish.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
ChronoX5

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:20:25 AM

If this trend continues I'll own all of ActiveMining soon.  Smiley

Please keep in mind that I am currently trading/holding shares of ASIC Miner, ActiveMining, Rentalstarter, Labcoin and may be posting in my own interest. Always do your own research.
ArcticWolf

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:22:56 AM

If this trend continues I'll own all of ActiveMining soon.  Smiley

Well Im not planning on selling any time this year, So it'll be the two of us Wink

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 09:39:34 AM

Regarding shares transfer from AMC to ActM : I got em in 48 hours, and the reason for delays, I believe, is that CEO is busy with eASIC on details.

I've been waiting since Saturday. I understoodd there would be delays but Ken posted the following update (before going to sleep judging by the time):

"I will be working on getting all the transfers completed tomorrow."

That was 27 hours ago. In the past 24 hours, I've watched the share price bounce up and down, unable to do anything but watch.

I'm really pissed off with Ken over this. He has failed to do what he said he was going to do yesterday and because of that, I've missed out on the opportunity to profit. I've asked here for an explanation and been ignored. I've asked in a PM for an explanation and been ignored. This is no way to treat investors and he needs to get his shit together.

Lewicki posted earlier saying that Ken was on the way to talk to engineers for the Avalon clones, Ken has been in and out of meetings and travelling.
He isnt a superhuman. He will get to your shares in time.

Lewiki made no such post so I don't know why you are saying he did. Also, I'm not expecting ken to be superhuman and I'm not expecting anything unreasonable from him. I'm simply expecting him to do what he said he would do and failing that, to provide an update as to why he couldn't stick to his word.

And don't tell me what Ken is and isn't doing. You have no idea what he's doing so don't pretend otherwise. I keep myself up to date with what's going on and know the same as you do. What ken said he would be doing though, is transferring shares yesterday, which he never did. If he had no intention of doing so, then he shouldn't have said he would.

My apologies, it was Streets2.0 that posted this:

Guys, the 120,000 shares were mine.  I made a deal with Ken.  Because he is so busy, I paid him a VERY  high premium to have my shares transferred from BF to BTCT.  The premium went directly to the company.  I advise everyone with less than 120,000 shares not to do this, as the price was very high and wouldn't be worth it for most shareholders.  I paid him $5000, which went directly to the company.

I did get immediately on the horn and called Kens office.  I was transferred to his cell and asked what was going on with this 120k dump.  It was explained to me that a serious investor had made a deal to him in fiat to transfer those over to Btct.  I guess now as we see that was Volcanic.  When talking to him I could tell he was on the road (can hear the wind), and asked where he was headed to, while apologizing for calling after hours.  He had told me he was on the road to meet with the engineering firm.  I had asked how many hours were left in the drive and he stated 4-5 hours.

Also ken said he would be WORKING ON getting through the transfers. Clearly he didn't finish.

Streets' post was on the 29th. At the end of that day, Ken said he would be working on the transfers tomorrow, meaning the 30th. I asked if anyone had received any shares back from Ken, and the only answer provided were negative. Also, given that I've been waiting since Saturday, my transfers should be early in the queue. So Ken clearly didn't finish as he didn't even start. The only thing he seems to have did that day, is post an update to confirm he had a beer with an engineer over the weekend.

ffssixtynine

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 10:43:37 AM

Some of you guys need to either not be doing this or accept the risks of trading, especially short term.

The thread is like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tyooy0SvPlY

re: Share tendering
It is not there so you can make a profit, it is there in fairness to the original AMC shareholders. If you've tendered shares, they'll be transferred. If you get the email in before the deadline, they'll be done. You can't expect them to be Ken's priority. As a long term shareholder I'm glad they aren't. I've transferred a number of shares fine (and within 48 hours), it's only this weekend's which are taking a while. As Streets posted, Ken is on the road.

re: Board
As the original guy who called for one and as the guy who said 'in a few months' was not good enough, I feel qualified to comment on this. It will take several weeks to sort a board out. There are any number of things that have to be worked out and we all know that Ken has to get the deal finished and paid for before he has time to do anything. You don't just ad hoc 'make a board'. That would be a stupid mistake to compound previous mistakes.

re: Share price movements
This is all down to speculators and other IPOs. It is irrelevant for Ken or ActiveMiner who are now actually trying to conduct the business the original investors invested in. That price is going to bounce around like mad given other IPOs, Bitcoin price movements, Satoshi Dice, and so on. It is not moving whatsoever based upon news or non news from ActiveMiner. If you need to be calmed then read the news post from last week or don't watch the market price every minute. I expect much more of this over the next 3 months.

re: News updates
We need regular news updates but we've already been told when to expect the next update. If something important happens before then, I expect to be told, but unless that does then expect no news before a week on Friday.

re: Evidence this is real
Several people here have been conducting their own due diligence, including me (as one of the bigger, newer critics around IPO time). I have even spoken to Ken myself, as have others. Whilst an eASIC press release is what I'm really looking for, I am satisfied this is real. However, I retain overall concerns over securities legislation and all such offerings/exchanges. I am still quantifying that risk somewhat.

In summary, you need to look at your investment choices if you're struggling with the price volatility. My first experience in Bitcoin taught me that day trading is stressful, difficult, and not for me. And if you don't believe this is real then don't invest. Conversely, those who do invest should understand the risk they are taking.

btcrun

Activity: 103

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:04:43 AM

Some of you guys need to either not be doing this or accept the risks of trading, especially short term.

The thread is like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Tyooy0SvPlY

re: Share tendering
It is not there so you can make a profit, it is there in fairness to the original AMC shareholders. If you've tendered shares, they'll be transferred. If you get the email in before the deadline, they'll be done. You can't expect them to be Ken's priority. As a long term shareholder I'm glad they aren't. I've transferred a number of shares fine (and within 48 hours), it's only this weekend's which are taking a while. As Streets posted, Ken is on the road.

re: Board
As the original guy who called for one and as the guy who said 'in a few months' was not good enough, I feel qualified to comment on this. It will take several weeks to sort a board out. There are any number of things that have to be worked out and we all know that Ken has to get the deal finished and paid for before he has time to do anything. You don't just ad hoc 'make a board'. That would be a stupid mistake to compound previous mistakes.

re: Share price movements
This is all down to speculators and other IPOs. It is irrelevant for Ken or ActiveMiner who are now actually trying to conduct the business the original investors invested in. That price is going to bounce around like mad given other IPOs, Bitcoin price movements, Satoshi Dice, and so on. It is not moving whatsoever based upon news or non news from ActiveMiner. If you need to be calmed then read the news post from last week or don't watch the market price every minute. I expect much more of this over the next 3 months.

re: News updates
We need regular news updates but we've already been told when to expect the next update. If something important happens before then, I expect to be told, but unless that does then expect no news before a week on Friday.

re: Evidence this is real
Several people here have been conducting their own due diligence, including me (as one of the bigger, newer critics around IPO time). I have even spoken to Ken myself, as have others. Whilst an eASIC press release is what I'm really looking for, I am satisfied this is real. However, I retain overall concerns over securities legislation and all such offerings/exchanges. I am still quantifying that risk somewhat.

In summary, you need to look at your investment choices if you're struggling with the price volatility. My first experience in Bitcoin taught me that day trading is stressful, difficult, and not for me. And if you don't believe this is real then don't invest. Conversely, those who do invest should understand the risk they are taking.

Agree with the things you posted, just because someone is playing the stock-game with this highly volatile stock doesn't mean its background is as volatile as the price movements.

With the transfers: Be patient! Something like this takes time...Maybe Ken does them in alphabetical order, since I am waiting for over 3 weeks right now and my BF acc name is located in the last few letters of the alphabet Wink But since these are just a few shares of my whole stock, it's ok for me...on the other hand, if these were all my shares and I wanted to trade them on a daily basis, I would be a little bit more jumpy about this situation.

So hold your horses, trade if you want to, but be aware of the risk you are taking if somebody scoops up your shares or BTC in the process.
vesper39

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:14:41 AM

Don't have the time to read all hundred pages, but has there been a clarification for the office address listed for ActiveMining? Google results of 95 Wilton Road Suite 3 in London are not that encouraging.

Do mails get forwarded correctly? Why the forwarding address?
ArcticWolf

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:18:03 AM

It was answered on page 110
It has to do with being registered in Belize

its just a mailing address.  
Why is he using a UK remailer if the office is in the US?

That question was already asked.

I'm confused, why is AMC registered in London?! In what looks like a South Ken postcode, although prob a boiler room/virtual office addy. Even so, why London?

AMC is not registered in London, it is registered in Belize.  It just has a London address for mail.

finlof

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 11:37:33 AM

Don't have the time to read all hundred pages, but has there been a clarification for the office address listed for ActiveMining? Google results of 95 Wilton Road Suite 3 in London are not that encouraging.

if you dont have "time" to do the research you prob shouldnt be investing in this company.
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:13:23 PM

Starting to loose faith in ken here.. if he cant even transfer pending shares what hopes can we have of him successfully running this venture.. and how much time does it take to finalise a board seriously??  Huh

In a regular company, forming a board can take months. People have to look into legal issues, work out payment, assign responsibilities and sign contracts.

It has been less than 2 weeks.

Luckily, it's not the case here.  Issuing "virtual shares" on a "virtual exchange" effectively circumvents those IRL legal hassles. 
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:15:04 PM

It's the most effective way to get the mails to Belize.
4ju5tice

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:27:58 PM

Guys, enough with the ideas of manipulation. When the price increases that much, some people are try to sell their shares at a reasonable profit. And there are a lot of people that even at .4 have made a lot of bank from AMC and they just want to realize those gains. Don't fret about it. We'll grow, but when you grow too fast you get growing pains. It's a good time to gather more shares up if your looking long Smiley. I definitely think above .01 is very likely, but that doesn't mean we need to get there overnight. Either way, looks like we'll have some competition, with no real updates or good news coming in, things might still be a little shaky until it's not profitable for people to sell.

Hi.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:33:13 PM

How many posters in this thread are socks anyway?
ArcticWolf

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:34:59 PM

Just you

ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:38:01 PM

drdanishkhan

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:41:14 PM

Guys, enough with the ideas of manipulation. When the price increases that much, some people are try to sell their shares at a reasonable profit. And there are a lot of people that even at .4 have made a lot of bank from AMC and they just want to realize those gains. Don't fret about it. We'll grow, but when you grow too fast you get growing pains. It's a good time to gather more shares up if your looking long Smiley. I definitely think above .01 is very likely, but that doesn't mean we need to get there overnight. Either way, looks like we'll have some competition, with no real updates or good news coming in, things might still be a little shaky until it's not profitable for people to sell.

You dont have 10k walls pushing the prices down and disappering when somebodys intention is to sell.. its clear and rampant manipulation..

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
ffssixtynine

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 12:44:10 PM

You dont have 10k walls pushing the prices down and disappering when somebodys intention is to sell.. its clear and rampant manipulation..

This is going to be my last post on this - that's the free market.

If you don't like it, don't play the game.

Personally, I'm not playing and will just hold through the madness rather than take silly risks.
knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:05:15 PM

You're getting harder and harder to take seriously my friend. If you continue to post childish and useless foder I am going to have to reconsider your business expertise and maturity and dump the assets of yours that I own at a considerable loss.

drdanishkhan

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:12:50 PM

Called it! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254930.msg2838817#msg2838817

Monsieur have i troubled you or anything? If my posts are bugging you kindly hit the ignore button and move along  Undecided

BTC tip jar 1LrwjfQ41DA9u8PLcQBLp7CueoWotdKshq
4ju5tice

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 31, 2013, 01:46:16 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2013, 02:35:22 PM by 4ju5tice

REMOVED COMMENT. Lewicki is right, speculation and price doesn't belong in this thread. Sorry about that.

Here's my comment in the proper thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254930.msg2839513#msg2839513

Hi.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: