Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:47:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
hf

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

there will be no fucking vegetables

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:07:24 PM

Does this message board use some sort of advanced AI where it can advise you who it thinks you should ignore?  Very clever stuff.
Not so advanced or clever. It becomes more and more yellowish as users ignore the said user.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:08:58 PM

"why should he run if no one is after him"

LOL.  What a clueless comment.  If someone is after you, you won't see them coming a mile a way.  No... you will turn a corner and there will be a pistol pointed at your face.  You wouldn't have the chance to "run".   Cheesy

Yes clearly this kid has no background in petty crime.  Wink

Shocking on this boards, i know...  BTW, are you planning to point a pistol in Ken's face?  No?  See my point?  
I repeat:  
No one is "after" Ken.  
He'd be a fool to run.  
He isn't, so he isn't.
K?

The time to run would be right after the $1,000,000+ funding he received from shareholders.  He's not going to wait around until everybody catches on, and THEN run...by then it would be too late and people would have too many leads on him.  Like the comment earlier, you don't rob a bank and then stand around waiting to hear the sirens.  He would have no reason to sit around, that would be too much risk.  

Instead, you see him continuing to sort through tenders and dividends, posting pictures of prototypes, etc.  This is not the behavior of a scammer, this is the behavior of someone who wants to increase the value of a company and succeed.  

I wish you guys would quit wasting your time trying to validate this concept to these nanny-nanny-boo-boo children. The more you address them, the more fuel you give them for poking and prodding you.

Do us all a favor: hit the IGNORE button and you won't be compelled to defend silly shit that doesn't need defending and thereby cluttering up this thread.
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:09:57 PM

"why should he run if no one is after him"

LOL.  What a clueless comment.  If someone is after you, you won't see them coming a mile a way.  No... you will turn a corner and there will be a pistol pointed at your face.  You wouldn't have the chance to "run".   Cheesy

Yes clearly this kid has no background in petty crime.  Wink

Shocking on this boards, i know...  BTW, are you planning to point a pistol in Ken's face?  No?  See my point?  
I repeat:  
No one is "after" Ken.  
He'd be a fool to run.  
He isn't, so he isn't.
K?

The time to run would be right after the $1,000,000+ funding he received from shareholders.  He's not going to wait around until everybody catches on, and THEN run...by then it would be too late and people would have too many leads on him.  Like the comment earlier, you don't rob a bank and then stand around waiting to hear the sirens.  He would have no reason to sit around, that would be too much risk.  

Instead, you see him continuing to sort through tenders and dividends, posting pictures of prototypes, etc.  This is not the behavior of a scammer...

Kids, keep this in mind:  
Successful scammers don't behave like scammers, they behave like not-scammers.
So, keep alert!  
Next time you spot someone acting like a not-scammer, or simply not acting like a scammer -- BEWARE!!1!

~Your Friends, NSA

Edit:  Thanks for contributing, knybe Smiley
zumzero

Activity: 602

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 08:18:52 PM

Does this message board use some sort of advanced AI where it can advise you who it thinks you should ignore?  Very clever stuff.
Not so advanced or clever. It becomes more and more yellowish as users ignore the said user.

Thanks for the explanation. 

Tip for newbie's;  look for the yellow highlighted ignore and either join that club or take everything they say with a pinch of salt!  Wink

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
deizel

Activity: 114

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 08:47:28 PM

What's better than having $1M now?

/me looks up Vbs's spreadsheet...

Having over 50k BTC in April.
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:01:25 PM

I love fighting the trolls, here's why.

If 100 people have the same concern, but only 1 of them (the troll) is running around in circles screaming like a little girl about it,
that troll is actually doing us a favor.  By responding to the troll, we use this opportunity as an excuse to advertise the already-discussed concept to the other 99 quiet people.

Just imagine it as a troll FAQ.. the more obnoxious and stupid the questions are,
the greater is the opportunity to counter these potential concerns (insert shameless plugin for underground data center here)Smiley

So go ahead, bring up a bunch of obnoxious, illogical bullshit,
and we'll show you our proper responses Wink

Great exposure, IMO.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 09:14:15 PM

What's better than having $1M now?

/me looks up Vbs's spreadsheet...

Having over 50k BTC in April.

The sheet says ACTM will have 4.4TH (0.92% of network) this month.

Seems like that ain't gonna happen.  Time for an update!

Good on Ken for not selling our BTC low to get the boards made.

That intentional delay synced nicely with Avalon's latest fiasco.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
somestranger

Activity: 487

Are You Shpongled?

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 09:37:15 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 10:04:13 PM by somestranger

Wow people are more naive / gullible than I thought (they keep surprising me) even after the past FUD panic sells. After crumbs' ridiculous posts there are ~25k shares on Bitfunder for less than .005 and people keep out bidding eachother. 15-20% difference between exchanges is ridiculous... time to arbitrage some more.

The sheet says ACTM will have 4.4TH (0.92% of network) this month.

Seems like that ain't gonna happen.  Time for an update!

Good on Ken for not selling our BTC low to get the boards made.

That intentional delay synced nicely with Avalon's latest fiasco.
A ~2-week delay shouldn't affect the projections too much since that is just a drop in the bucket compared to the potential future hash rate. Of course if Avalon never sends the chips then the projections would need a significant update.

vvv Stuartuk, please give it up. There is no need to continue your off-topic pissing match with icebreaker in EVERY thread that he posts. Reported for removal.
ldrgn

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:28:18 PM

How is Active Miner not bASIC[1] 2.0?  Here are some red flags that both have in common:

• Ken isn't an EE/other related field
  • Chip design/hardware design is being entirely outsourced
  • Ken's "the businessman" but is a very poor one - see the original prospectus, financial statements
  • Despite being a native speaker Ken has poor English skills.

That last point isn't meant as a jab, it's an important part of business.  Communication is important and I hope I don't have to sell you on that.  So is hubris - if you know you aren't good at communicating why aren't you mitigating your weakness in some way?  College-level English is an important way to demonstrate that you perform at a college level in other areas.

I'm posting this here because I'd like to hear from the AM investors their explanation as to how AM will be more successful than bASIC and how the two differ.

[1] I mean the company started by cablepair (IIRC) around this time last year and collapsed in January or February of this year, not the company that mines with Avalons or whatever
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:43:38 PM

How is Active Miner not bASIC[1] 2.0?  Here are some red flags that both have in common:

• Ken's "the businessman" but is a very poor one - see the original prospectus, financial statements

That last point isn't meant as a jab, it's an important part of business.  Communication is important and I hope I don't have to sell you on that.  So is hubris - if you know you aren't good at communicating why aren't you mitigating your weakness in some way?  College-level English is an important way to demonstrate that you perform at a college level in other areas.

I'm posting this here because I'd like to hear from the AM investors their explanation as to how AM will be more successful than bASIC and how the two differ.

[1] I mean the company started by cablepair (IIRC) around this time last year and collapsed in January or February of this year, not the company that mines with Avalons or whatever

The chip design wasnt outsourced, Ken designed the chip and optimised the code himself. The design is being further optimised by eAsic - one of the best chip fabs in the business - with Kens help (iirc he will be flying to California to work with eAsic in person).
ActiveMining are in the process of setting up a board of advisors, who will help Ken with business decisions and communicating with shareholders.

Just because someone doesnt have the best communications skills doesnt mean that they arent very smart in other areas - this is also why Ken brought on a PR rep for ActiveMining.

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
LorenzoMoney

Activity: 335

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 10:58:56 PM

What wonderful questions you ask!

Why would someone invest in ActM despite knowing all four of your points to be true?

A) Ken does not have to be an EE. He just has to provide strategic planning, and organize the whole thing and hire the guy with the EE.

B) What is so bad about outsourcing chip design? Many companies outsource product design, to specialty houses. It does not matter who does the actual chip design. What matters is that it gets done and that the chip designers do it for us and do not share their work with any other company. IN fact, outsourcing this work is a good business decision better than doing the work in house or hiring engineers in house to do it.

C) Well, yes, Ken needed some editing help, and D) is related, big deal, so he is not the best writer. At least Ken is smart enough to realize that he had to get a PR guy in place who could write.

Here is the way I look at it: Ken just has to have the skills to make deals, organize other people to do the work and be the product manager. He just has to have the vision and the energy and will to get everyone he hires to get the job done. He does not have to do it himself. The mere fact that Ken is willing to organize a board/advisory committee proves that.

Whatever skills Ken has or doesn't have, the proof is whether or not he will have finished mining rigs up and running and ready to sell by some established future date.

At this time, I believe that Ken is able to do that and that is the reason I have invested in AMC and then Active Mining.

Also, of all the mining companies, he is the only CEO who has been accessible and has spoken with me at length. That alone leads me to have confidence in him and ActM.

https://twitter.com/Lorenzo_Money -- Bitcoin Address: 1EttqaSSCksRAXrwejoChs5zmGjSikN9mC -- http://lorenzomoney.wordpress.com/
The Bulk of mankind is as well equipped for flying as thinking. - Jonathan Swift
DOGE COIN address: DSYMgD1HfmJFwNuc6Zvhp7PkrVD1QRBsgu
knybe

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:00:33 PM

seriously? have you not read this thread very well?
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 11:10:22 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2013, 11:32:39 PM by zumzero

When this IceDrill IPO Fails (And it more than likely will with >5M Shares left and less than 26 hours left)

There will be >3000BTC that might be put into various other securities including ActM.

Will there be a sharp price increase? Maybe!

Hey Bargraphics, thanks for raising that excellent point. Yes there will be a lot of money flooding into ACtM shares. That is why I suggested earlier that once the IceDrill refund occurs everyone should put UP their ASK levels. If all ACtM shareholders raise their ASK offers to around .0055 or even .007 then they will make a lot more money from these new buyers. If you sell cheap you will be loosing out.

Discussing Icedrill is indeed relevant to ActM for reasons mentioned.  

It's over for them before it even got off the ground and that was always going to be the case.  Hopefully we'll benefit from that.

The market is saturated with IPO's and we may have already seen the golden age of bitcoin mining startups funded in this way.

I'm not convinced that if AMC hadn't turned up until today that it would have succeeded with it's IPO.

I believe we are very fortunate with the way things have turned out.  AMC/ActM has been attacked and ridiculed, critised and challenged every step of the way.  But this has been good.  Very good.

Without all of this we wouldn't have seen the change in structure from AMC to ActM which has been a major coup for investors and Ken & Co alike.  "Make your investors successful and you will be successful".

Of all the companies attempting to mine and produce hardware, not all will succeed.  Only two or three will.  Today's leaders may fall into obscurity and this will be for reasons which we could never forsee.

So I'll take my chances with ActM because they know how to weather the storm.   I'm am in long and I will not falter.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

kleeck

Activity: 532

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:21:34 PM

When this IceDrill IPO Fails (And it more than likely will with >5M Shares left and less than 26 hours left)

There will be >3000BTC that might be put into various other securities including ActM.

Hey Bargraphics, thanks for raising that excellent point. Yes there will be a lot of money flooding into ACtM shares. That is why I suggested earlier that once the IceDrill refund occurs everyone should put UP their ASK levels. If all ACtM shareholders raise their ASK offers to around .0055 or even .007 then they will make a lot more money from these new buyers. If you sell cheap you will be loosing out.

Discussing Icedrill is indeed relevant to ActM for reasons mentioned.  

It's over for them before it even got off the ground and that was always going to be the case.  Hopefully we'll benefit from that.

The market is saturated with IPO's and we may have already seen the golden age of bitcoin mining startups funded in this way.

I'm not convinced that if AMC hadn't turned up until today that it would have succeeded with it's IPO.

I believe we are very fortunate with the way things have tuned out.  AMC/ActM has been attacked and ridiculed, critised and challenged every step of the way.  But this has been good.  Very good.

Without all of this we wouldn't have seen the change in structure from AMC to ActM which has been a major coup for investors and Ken & Co alike.  "Make you investors successful and you will be successful".

Of all the companies attempting to mine and produce hardware, not all will succeed.  Only two or three will.  Today's leaders may fall into obscurity and this will be for reasons which we could never forsee.

So I'll take my chances with ActM because they know how to weather the storm.   I'm am in long and I will not falter.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger."

Oooooh! So dramatic!

█ █████       ▄████▀▄██▀
  █ █████     ▄████▀███▀
  █ █████    ████▀███▀
  █ █████  ▄███▀███▓
  █ █████▄███▀████▀
  █ ███████▀████▀
  █ █████▀▄█████▄
  █ ███▀▄█████████▄
  █ █▀▄██ ▀█████████▄
  █ ▄████   ▀███████▀█▄   
  █ █████     ▀███▀▄████▄
  █ █████       ▀▄████████▄

█████                   
                ▄███  █  ███▄               
             ███      █      ███             
         ▄███         █         ███▄         
       ██    ███████████████████    ██       
    ████            ██ ██            ████   
    ██             █     █             ██   
    █ █           █       █           █ █   
    █ ██         █         █         ██ █   
    █  ██      ██           ██      ██  █   
    █   ██    ██             ██    ██   █   
    █    ██  ██               ██  ██    █   
    █     █ ██                 ██ █     █   
    █     █████████████████████████     █   
    █  ███  ██                 ██  ███  █   
    ███       █               █       ███   
      ███      ██           ██      ███     
         ███     █         █     ███         
            ▀███  ██     ██  ███▀           
                ▀████   ████▀               
▀███▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 11:23:34 PM

It's saturday and the beer is flowing!  How rock & roll!

physalis

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:34:56 PM

That money will probably roll in just like the S.DICE payout, right? Should be any day now.
knybe

View Profile
August 10, 2013, 11:38:14 PM

That money will probably roll in just like the S.DICE payout, right? Should be any day now.

Has that still not happened? wow
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2013, 11:39:49 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 01:18:32 AM by zumzero

Has that still not happened? wow

I think he was being sarcy.  Maybe the money went into Icedrill. lol

Here is an great video posted on the Let's Talk Bitcoin! website with Adam B. Levine interveiwing Jeffrey Paul aka Sneak.

It's on topic and I would love to hear some responses to what's being discussed.

http://tmblr.co/ZhSBUsrwADti

Panterino

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 11, 2013, 02:10:13 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2013, 02:44:41 AM by Panterino

Where are the pictures of the prototype we were promised?
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2013, 02:36:27 AM

Sorry I'm a bit late with this..

Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: