Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:46:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018  (Read 3923 times)
SenseiSan

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:02:09 PM

There there untouched areas  to ICo's, So there will be more successful ICo's may come.  Most of the ICo's road maps very exciting. their implementations are in 2018. anyhow they have to fulfilled that.
I saw that over 450 ico's coming soon in 2018.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:13:15 PM

By going through the reasons listed in the article about the failure of ICOs in 2018 I don't think its enough reason for ICOs to fail in 2018. There are still genuine project out their and promise to come out big in 2018.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:14:07 PM

The possibilities of ICO are not exhausted. This kind. activity is only developing. Maybe next year its number will decrease, but I expect an increase in quality projects. In many countries, the ICO will be regulated, which should affect its quality. I think that next year investors will more thoroughly explore the projects and his team in order to avoid the risks of fraud. In general, the ICO continues to be quite promising.

rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 07:18:16 PM

In 2017, there are so many good ICO's and i think after 2018 first quarter( left overs of 2017 for me) we'll see a decrease in numbers of ICO's.
Besides that, figures in those ICO's will be lower than this years figures. I am expecting less genuine ideas in this year.
Other than ICOs, 2018 will be the year of altcoins such as ripple and iota.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:20:02 PM

Maybe the concept is not wide like 2016 or 2017. Maybe we can see 2018 will be the nicest year of ICO. Hope ICO Project that established can works properly so Investors dont get bored with Scam or Failed Project

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
roganite

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:27:25 PM

Sadly marketing is becoming more and more important. It isn't enough just to have a great idea because of the influx of ICO's monthly.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 08:59:09 PM

I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?
2018 will be a year filled with stabilization in the space,project with a real and realistic roadmap will be sieve out of the space.project will innovative idea will moon.
bhadnaufal

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:00:46 PM

Good ICO's need good ideas, like someone already said, most good ideas are already invented therefore most ICOs will be junk and fail, some won't like in the corporate world
drpixou

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 09:01:26 PM

While the coins used to invest in icos remaind decentralized, there always will be high chance of being scammed by  a ghost project.
KevenDabid

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:19:40 AM

I have to agree with this article. ICOs are one of the main pillars or crypto currencies and we see more and more of them . This won't change in 2018 and we will continue to see useless projects that are trying to get money from people. As it said in the article hype is not enough for an ICO to succes. It needs to be realistic as it is innovative.
Indeed when the end of the bull market, ICO project is a scam is reflected, do things the development team will continue to develop their projects, however these fraudulent ICO project will choose to disappear.

Coyoteerex09

Activity: 71
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 02:20:56 AM

Some of the ICO,s don't have concrete plan in their roadmap. That's the reason why they will fail. Some of the ICO's right now is just using the familiarity of bitcoin in the market.
pokemoso

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 07:38:22 AM

INS ecosystem
ICO for realizing the service of making a direct transaction using "INS token" for the purpose of making "producer = consumer" relationship without intermediary intermediary,
Actual demand + no competition
Sponsors like Unilever, etc., I think it seems quite promising.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:38:31 AM

Pokeman GO will be more popular.  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
handy_hotdog

Activity: 231

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:38:50 AM

The more ICO's that appear = The more marketing needed to spread your concept to the public.

Sadly this is becoming true as there is an influx of ICO's that are poorly designed and not innovative at all.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2017, 08:41:39 AM

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?

I think ICOs will fail in 2018 does suits the current scenario of ICO because everything especially in Tech, tend to have a higher failure rate.

But i wouldn't say all the ICOs will fail, but majority will. Blockchain is still something new and its kinda interesting yet technical for people who actually just got in to the field.

If you are more of a business person who wanted to raise fund with ICO by just making more money while implementing crypto into your business, it will not go long.
The main thing with Crypto business has its core value, Blockchain.

If the ICO is more off a business than a Blockchain, it would not be shine as it could be
Uhurucoin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 08:42:33 AM

Thoughts?
ICO is here to stay.
beetlejam

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:25:42 AM

I do sorta agree with this article.

Sadly because there are more and more ICO's originality is becoming harder and so marketing needs to take a bigger role to sell one altcoin against another one even if they are very similar.

I think the ecosystem needs to change because alt coins were created to help innovation, not raise money for startups.
Usui-Chan

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 09:58:10 AM

The market is already full of coins which some have different and special functions while most of them are just copies of the special ones. The value of the coins that have special uses are seemingly increasing with bitcoin and are being recognized by the people that are into crypto. With the price drop and huge traffic in crypto world, you can almost see which coins are going to die by the start of 2018, the coins that are going to survive are regaining their value and are going back to how much they really worth before the panic cash out and dumping happened. Those coins are stabilizing and even surpassed what their value really is, so you can trust that these coins are not going to fail by next year, not the shitcoins that I mentioned which are obviously going to disappear from the market without a trace.                                                                                     
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:48:13 AM

Some good points are being raised in this article but I don't agree with the conclusion. Making a general case of ICO's is not a good way of thinking to me. More than half ICO's will fail because there are so many useless ones and scams, but some good ideas will get through and work out great I believe.

developer101dev

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:08:38 AM

Because there were too much of them in 2017. Good projects are already made, junk only left (except some, but they are rare). So, there are less chances to get even a soft cup. Thus ICOs will be less popular in 2018.

There was a startup boom a few years ago before ICOs became the new startup -- and there is STILL a huge demand for startups --

As Blockchain progresses and advances and new chains are created -- you don't think ICOs will be hot?

I personally think that this is just the beginning - that we have SOOOO much more opportunity and growth and ICOs to experience that will be better than what has already been released as people get more and more complex and address problems that blockchain can be the solution for.

no?

We are just at the very very beginning IMO..

Most of the ico's today's are all failing because they are scamming their participants and some of the developers are also scammers and they are not giving the right amount of payouts we should get. The success of every ico are always depending on the developers platform and manager who will get participants.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: