Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:52:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018  (Read 3926 times)
MIXXtagger

Activity: 882
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:42:01 AM

Now is not the best time on the crypto currency market, i think it is because of this that most projects can not collect the right amount for the development of their project. Also that the market has a lot scam of projects, people stop trusting ICO.
Vasya

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:45:22 AM

I certainly figure the prominence of ICOs will diminish in 2018. I'm certain many individuals are becoming weary of tricks and undertakings that go no place. Sadly it might make it harder for a conceivably fruitful venture to thrive now. Individuals truly need to do their due constancy in exploring ICOs that are really worth putting resources into.
Vuleamwi

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:43:44 AM

ICO's will in any case be mainstream one year from now, perhaps it's the latest year, as tasks that really convey something are uncommon, at some point or another speculators will quit wagering on those guarantees.
Dragonrage201

Activity: 630
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:05:05 AM

It can not be generalized for all ICOs. Bad ICOs will fail over time but good quality ICOs like EOT (aka EON) in my signature should do fine. Check out more details at its website or its reddit page:
https://www.reddit.com/r/eontoken/
Hairynipples

Activity: 362
Merit: 7

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:11:44 AM

The biggest issue with so many ICO's is trying to work out which ones are legitimate with a genuine team behind them, it's like navigating a minefield nowadays with far too many scams.

The other problem is most ICO's set the initial price too high so the price tanks as soon as they hit an exchange.

I'll never understand why some folks sell at a loss as soon as any ICO's they've invested in become tradeable.
UnlimitedMoneymaker

Activity: 304
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 10:03:18 PM

That's a stupid statement. There are people that are moved by clear enthusiasm and altruism, and they will be able to create successful projects. Nobody can say that all ico will fail. Even with dozens of scammers, even if most of them will fail. There will be successful projects that will develop good products and services. That's why I chose SWIPE - decentralized mobile engagement and data monetization platform. I think projects like this one can develop what they are suppose and can survive through long term.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
mybloomingpath

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:20:11 PM

ICOs will not fail. I think that ven more projects will appear with new ideas new quality and innovations. The main problem are scam, and if there will be some solution how to minimize scam than we will see new era of ICO soon.
holigans

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:47:30 AM

Because there were too much of them in 2017. Good projects are already made, junk only left (except some, but they are rare). So, there are less chances to get even a soft cup. Thus ICOs will be less popular in 2018.

The ICO market has been so diluted that as you said it is hard for them to achieve their goals and hard for us as investors to make a good return. The ICO market will not fail in 2018 but it will almost certainly decrease in size which I only see as a good thing.
I do not know with this because until now even the price of Bitcoin and altcoin have not been back then from now on I do not know about ICO will fail in 2018 this what maybe now this is banyaj people who fool with this project and can not get profit
Genemind

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:51:04 AM

I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?

There have been too much ICO this year. Some devs' soft cap is top high to achieve with the bear market. Most ICOs are scam, that is why some investors are scared to invest in ICOs and some are just waiting for the coin to get listed instead of investing in ICOs.
TrufieldICO

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:03:18 AM

Because there are a lot of bad ICOs. Best ICO with potential for huge returns on investment is the Trufield project ICO. This exciting project will revolutionize healthcare for millions of people. Trufield will provide free health data management systems in developing countries. The Pre-ICO is live and open to all investors, so buy your tokens at 25% discount. Buy Trufield token and learn more about the project here at http://Trufield.com or http://Trufield.io.
bapangkiran

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:00:18 AM

The crypto market that fail in 2018, I think because many ico projects are not packaged well, the project is not perfect that makes many people in the world crypto who follow the project suffered a loss, the failed project makes people who invest also lose also, and making the crypto market also weaker this year.
opeakande

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 09:19:26 PM

Many ICOs will fail because most of the developers of those ICO projects do not put the right things in the right place when developing their projects. Most do not even employ the right technology. Some will not be able to state the core problems their projects will sold.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:34:42 AM

It seems true that most of the ICOs in 2018 failed. The golden age of ICOs are gone already.
I spent lots of time on ICOs in 2018 and made almost no profit from it.
I should have invested my money in something else, like SelfKey.
huynhdongkhiem89

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:45:53 AM

Many reasons, in 2017, there were many ICO appear including both scam coin and gold, moreover, market cap is low and down trend now , investor do not want to invest in new project anymore, they want to hold top coin for safety.  Grin
luungocthuyhv

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:58:45 AM

Too many ICO projects, perhaps not fully prepared. The urge to put the project on the floor, or too impatient to develop. There should be many projects that are unfeasible and not attractive to investors. Also, maketing and advertising campaigns are weak
Wackyabby

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:09:52 AM

When the coin plans to list on exchange still creates highest buzz. But I think many Ico's fail today because of huge bonus given to early birds, sometimes up to 50% hence they are quick to dump
.Bitcoin.talk.

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:15:56 AM

Because everyone knows what a good ICO be based ob pasf experiences
arumslee

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 04:23:51 AM

Many ICO's will fail simply because there are double the amount of ICO's this year than there was last. So it's not really saying much except that the ICO market is expanding.
deredevil

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:36:01 AM

Crypto's fall in a long time in this year was caused by various factors. Because, crypto is a very sensitive technology, so the news spread about crypto has an influence on the price development in the market. Although the enthusiasm of the community continues to increase, this time it seems that the decline is also caused by the crypto cycle that is spinning down.

Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:26:45 AM

There are a lot of reasons that a lot of icos will fail this year and I think the ones that you have listed are true. The coins that are coming into the market now do not have good products, there is no way for them to guarantee that their coins will be valuable in the long term and the more people realize this, the more the coins will fail.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: