Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:16:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018  (Read 3926 times)
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 03:16:33 PM

Too much Ideas has been out and there are limited to be product, as u can see the ICOs out there are copies just a little tweak, the next possible ICO to be successful is to see what are the industrial problems out there that they want to solve.

-Peace-
Monodont

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:54:48 PM

99% of startups fail, but we pretend here like every ICO is going to be a success. Obviously they will fail too and the fall out will be massive. Enjoy it while you can.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:07:49 PM

From what i have seen this article gives really good insite how ICOs should be menaged. As far as 2018. is concerned,  it should be better than 2017. I guess that people will learn from ICOs that failed so that they would not repeat their mistakes. I believe that at the end we will see which ICO is good, because bad will not survive. So i don't think that ICOs will fail in 2018, at least not all of them.
steviegboots

Activity: 105

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:32:17 PM

I don't think they will fall anytime soon.

This ecosystem is still increasing even with the slow months of November and December. As long as the world's media keeps looking at Bitcoin, ICO's will continue.
iL_P4driNo

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:51:02 PM

I think the next year there will be fewer successful ICOs because lack of innovation and maybe more regulations because of big number of scam ICOs.
Sylar2016

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:55:43 AM

I don't think that in 2018 ICO will fail. I think instead it will be a year rich of ICO and with better quality, because now it is possible to understand the errors don't to do studying the negativa ICOs of 2017.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Azzhan

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:57:16 AM

I also think that the 2018 ICO will fail, and the ICO market is full of speculation and bubbles, so when the bubble bursts, these altcoin will be worthless.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
lucie367

Activity: 81

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 03:01:32 PM

I don't see ICO's failing in 2018.

I think as long as there is an increasing buzz / price of alt coins and bitcoin there will be people looking to invest which therefore means there will be ICO's looking for investors. What I think we will see is a change in the style of ICO's I have noticed only quite recently that some ICO's are starting to lower the caps of their demands and have a working product before they launch. These are all positive steps into making it safer for potential investors.

Sadly the article is talking about marketing and is correct, there is an influx or ICO's and now to separate themselves from the rest it is usually marketing. I thin this is the wrong direction to go as the best ideas are not the most marketed ones.

I would rather invest into a ICO that has a great idea, working product and is creating something amazing, rather than an ICO that has paid Paris Hilton to tweet about it.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 04:54:00 AM

I think that ICO will continue for a very long time, as new interesting projects will appear on the market of crypto-currencies. The potential of the ICO is still huge, we are only at the beginning of this path. Perhaps, they will become a bit smaller, but they will be better. However, there are a lot of applications for tokens.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:05:15 AM

The ones that won't fail are the ones that has an already working product and just did the ICO in order to expand and incorporate the blockchain tech to their core business, like what CrowdGenie is doing. C'mon, check it out.  Grin Grin Grin

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
longminh123

Activity: 432

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:27:18 AM

The ones that won't fail are the ones that has an already working product and just did the ICO in order to expand and incorporate the blockchain tech to their core business, like what CrowdGenie is doing. C'mon, check it out.  Grin Grin Grin
I do not think the ICO will fail in 2018. Although the ICO has been around for a long time and we are newcomers, but I think the ICO is still working very well and without any bad feedback.
There may be some fraudulent projects that are approved through the ICO but that will not affect the ICO's reputation much. Simply put, those who invest or work on a project must test the project before deciding to invest or work for them.
EMV

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:32:29 AM

I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?
On June 12, 2017 the Bancor project based on Efirium carried out by ICO. It collected $153 million in three hours. All of you correctly read. Hundred fifty three million US dollars … in three hours!!!

If it does not force your brain to melt, then read further. ICO under the name BAT collected $35 million in 30 seconds!!! These are about $1,2 million a second! If your jaw did not droop yet, then here to you still an example. Heard about UET? The UET project collected by means of ICO $40 000 in three days. It admires, or rather takes down a roof. Why we gave this example after a mention of Bancor and BAT?

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
nickmax

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 05:52:42 AM

In 2018, the ICO will be regulated by the state. There will be less scammers and more good projects, but the price of ICO will increase. The organizers of the ICO will no longer be able to collect all the money and just disappear))
Briella18

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:21:24 AM

not all ico coins fall in 2018, some are up 5x from ICO prices
BlockEye
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097

Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:26:56 AM

In 2018, the ICO will be regulated by the state. There will be less scammers and more good projects, but the price of ICO will increase. The organizers of the ICO will no longer be able to collect all the money and just disappear))
It doesn't mean that it will be lessen, it will be more expose to media, it might open organizations idea that it exist since government is inteeferring, knowing that government have say on it ICO will tend to be more credible and can make a great impact on ICO success if the project is really worth having.
GermesS

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 06:30:05 AM

ICO имeeт бoльшyю пoпyляpнocть cpeди инвecтopoв и дaльшe бyдeт вocтpeбoвaнный, тoлькo кaчecтвo бyдeт лyчшe и мoшeнникoв бyдeт мeньшe.
Aresha

Activity: 350

🤖UBEX.COM 🤖

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:55:56 AM

I believe that we just need to carefully choose the promising ICO. For example, if a project has a ready-made, up-to-date product, it will be successful. For example, the project Daneel has developed an application for traders, it is relevant, and so tokens will grow in value!

QCT

Activity: 59

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 09:58:44 AM

Most ICO projects lack simple layout, imho. What i mean is that if you are not acquainted with the background, you hardly know what the project is about.

Say, I can understand what projects like Munchee or INS are about, it's pretty simple. But AI platforms, or gambling, or financing of other iCOs and other money-out-of-air things look like scam to me. And if they don't manage to explain it within few minutes, unless I lose interest, I just close the website. It's all too complicated at the first glance, while in the attention economy noone will spend more than few minutes trying to get it
coskunc

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 10:29:38 AM

I think in 2017 it was their best times... Now everyone who wants to earn free money is considering building up a coin.
If there were 10 ICO's a month last year, at least 2-3 of them were good projects.
Now 9 out of 10 is trash...
hendra12

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:41:43 AM

yah just couple of week. the price getting better now. look at the market all coin having green day. maybe not stable yet but is going up and i hope is going like this for long time.

▰▰   IMPRESSIO.io   ▰▰   THE FUTURE OF INVESTING   ▰▰
✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ And More...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: