Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:55:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018  (Read 3923 times)
icochick (OP)

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:01:43 PM

I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonoob312

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:03:55 PM

Because there were too much of them in 2017. Good projects are already made, junk only left (except some, but they are rare). So, there are less chances to get even a soft cup. Thus ICOs will be less popular in 2018.
icochick (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:07:27 PM

Because there were too much of them in 2017. Good projects are already made, junk only left (except some, but they are rare). So, there are less chances to get even a soft cup. Thus ICOs will be less popular in 2018.

So what will be the next big thing?
icochick (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:10:14 PM

There was a startup boom a few years ago before ICOs became the new startup -- and there is STILL a huge demand for startups --

As Blockchain progresses and advances and new chains are created -- you don't think ICOs will be hot?

I personally think that this is just the beginning - that we have SOOOO much more opportunity and growth and ICOs to experience that will be better than what has already been released as people get more and more complex and address problems that blockchain can be the solution for.

no?

We are just at the very very beginning IMO..
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:14:41 PM

Then what about the fate of those who will finish ico in 2018, because their presale starts at the end of 2017 .. say from this month
2017 we see and recognize so many successful ico, failed and fraud/Scams ..
icochick (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:16:51 PM

Then what about the fate of those who will finish ico in 2018, because their presale starts at the end of 2017 .. say from this month

Wouldn't you say maybe that 2018 ICOs will have to step up- based on the debauchery that has happened in 2017?

bip76

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:17:21 PM

The ICO market has been so diluted that as you said it is hard for them to achieve their goals and hard for us as investors to make a good return. The ICO market will not fail in 2018 but it will almost certainly decrease in size which I only see as a good thing.
Silenox

Activity: 546
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:26:11 PM

ICO's will still be popular next year, maybe it's the last year, as projects that actually deliver something are rare, sooner or later investors will stop betting on those promises.
Ereun

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:28:42 PM

Wouldn't you say maybe that 2018 ICOs will have to step up- based on the debauchery that has happened in 2017?

Successful ico is not defined from an article forecast, because the article is not entirely grounded in the available tidiness
ico's success can be seen from the concepts that can attract investors
and the facts are like that ... If they can reflect on a successful project.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:29:09 PM

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?

I think not all ICO will fall but most of them. IMO it's reasonable since ICO usually copy-cat the previous coin that attract new investor for quick so it's difficult for new investor to decide the right ICO. That's also become the reason why China decide ban ICO ! ( ICO = gambling )
kotajikikox

Activity: 2366
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:34:50 PM

ICO's will still be popular next year, maybe it's the last year, as projects that actually deliver something are rare, sooner or later investors will stop betting on those promises.

yeah I agree with you buddy but according to the ICO fail in 2018 I can't believe this early prediction about the ICO yes true almost all ICO in this year are successful and have many ICO made in year 2017,
but I think is not the end of ICO in 2018 because bitcoin keep in their popularization and the user of altcoins came from ICO are increasing.

alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:36:21 PM

That's because people have begun to look at ICO correctly. At present, there are teams, technology, and applied ICO will be considered, and other conceptual ICO is on the line. So if you want ICO in 2018, you have to ensure the integrity of the project. This ICO will be favored. Can we have a good development

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
festinalente

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:38:03 PM

no more than 15% are successful projects
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:38:23 PM

Thoughts?
I agree with one of their main points in that social media is extremely important to build awareness and increase the visibility of your ICO, twitter, telegram etc,

The arena is so crowded now with ICOs everywhere and to try to bring yourself to the forefront will take more than just a great social media presence, you will need to have an actual solid project,

I think people are wising up to the fact now that chances are the latest ICO is a scam, but if you have some solid tech / tangible product ready to go this will greatly improve your chances of not only having a successful ICO but you will gain loyal investors that will not just dump their tokens/coins when they hit an exchange, instead because they believe in the project they will stick with it and ultimately these are the people that will make the project successful after an ICO, the ones that stick with it and spread the word not because they are paid to but because they genuinely see worth in their investment.
moynul2050

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:38:49 PM

There should be a new regulation on ICO, so everyone can think about making ICO better.
ICO should not only think about collecting money then go without follow-up. and stop making junk coins.
Murloc

Merit: 103

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:47:22 PM

According to the roadmaps of the existing ICOs they will have to show the result of their work in the next year. Most of the ICOs won't be able to do it for several reasons (it doesn;t need to be a 100% scam ico to make a mistake and fail). So the tokens will rush down. Hopefully they will stabilize after some time.

Eclipse2021

Activity: 209
Merit: 60

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:50:41 PM

In my opinion you are absolute nuts to belive that ICO's will fail in 2018. I heard this back in 2015 , I heard this in 2017 so I guess it's just normal. No matter what the markets want , if a good project and a good ICO will appear , all of us will jump on it. Yes , there are many ICO's right now , but who cares ? Only the strongest will surive lel.

DATABLOC  • protecting the world’s data •   ✔Reserve your stone token TODAY!  ✔
Facebook | Twitter | Youtube | LinkedIn | Telegram | Reddit

danmoris

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:50:45 PM

Not all ICOs will fail, but most will.

Every month you get 20 new ICOs, and most of them are scams. These are the ones that will fail.

It's our job to monitor the upcoming ICO's and find which ones are Scams and which ones are not so that we don't become victims.
aliman00

Activity: 169

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:55:32 PM

Of course ICO's are going to die... they are not offering anything worth while... Useless junk with a fancy name and website .... crap when I think of it I could start my own ICO.... Aliman's ICO ... Last ICO you will ever need, just buy it with your BTC, ETH or what else Tongue Tongue

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
zabisux

Activity: 401

Presale is live!

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:56:59 PM

I don't agree that icos will keep faling in 2018. We passed summer but there are still upcoming great icos and they are still making hugee amount of money everyday. At least half of icos won't ever fail.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██