Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:14:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018  (Read 3926 times)
ar72

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:45:48 AM

Good ICO will survive in 2018. Many project or ICO are coming it means more competitive. And it can be interested for hunters and investors because many choices.
happness2

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:51:20 AM

Ico will fail. This is for sure, because bad is naturally eliminated by the market, because since the launch of Bitcoin in 2009, many other "cryptocurrencies" have been introduced. Some of them are just imitations, so a lot of fakes or useless projects come out, and their failure is inevitable.
Predator25

Activity: 354
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 04:54:07 AM

Because there were too much of them in 2017. Good projects are already made, junk only left (except some, but they are rare). So, there are less chances to get even a soft cup. Thus ICOs will be less popular in 2018.

There was a startup boom a few years ago before ICOs became the new startup -- and there is STILL a huge demand for startups --

As Blockchain progresses and advances and new chains are created -- you don't think ICOs will be hot?

I personally think that this is just the beginning - that we have SOOOO much more opportunity and growth and ICOs to experience that will be better than what has already been released as people get more and more complex and address problems that blockchain can be the solution for.

no?

We are just at the very very beginning IMO..
I dont think thats gonna happen everytime. Just because the market is down so the Incoming ICO will fail? I dont think so. As lomg as the particular ICO reached their.quota or target its a success for them not actullay for them but for the investors and the participants also.
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:10:31 AM

I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?

I think because most of ICO's have no MVP ready to use by peoples. If some ICOs have MVP to test by investors, they will trust on it and invest on it.
One of the ICO have existing products is EOT, EON Protocol for DGames. It is a blockchain based game platform, They already created some games.
The ICO is in the phase whitelisting now.

roglopolo

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:13:43 AM

My advice, don't trust the articles . I have not seen yet one article in which the forecasts came true
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:20:20 AM

Because there are too much ICOs are just scams, they come out follows the ICO bumps in 2017. In 2018, so much ico break the ico price, it hurts people and makes them out of ICOs.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:24:32 AM

The ICO sphere is being regulated heavily in terms of demanding information and transparency and such and that will obviously lead to less ICOs since it's not so easy to just do a "cash grab" anymore.
but that's not necessarily bad - there are/have been some ICOs of quality this year (then I'm not only talking about the project idea itself but generally the structure of the ICO).
sadly, it's difficult for people to just stumble upon them. Even bad ICOs do the same type of marketing and make their idea sound so great.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:34:54 AM

I suspect ICO fail for many reasons some that are obvious and some less so. The Bear market we are currently experiencing is not doing anyone any favours and the people are needing to be a lot more careful with where they are trying to invest their money. Many projects may fail to even reach softcap under these conditions. The other crucial element any ICO will need is a team with solid business experience outside of the technical and innovative requirements.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
ahah

Activity: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:37:03 AM

I think the reason why ico failed is that there are too many frauds. Including the absence of government supervision, ico may cause many problems.
Luntop

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 05:44:09 AM

Don't worry , everything will be fine . Ico will never die, they become more and more every day
FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 06:01:28 AM

I think most investors have already spent majority of their capital back in 2017 where everything is booming. I have witnesses some ICOs who easily reached hardcap in days and some even reached more than that. But this time, the mood is different. Some ICO projects cancelled theirs because of failing to reach even the softcap.
hitchcoin

Activity: 326

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 01:21:14 PM

I think that most of the investors just lost their faith and trust in ICO in early 2018, maybe till the end of the year the sittuation will recoveer somehow, but for now it is quite hard to invest in ICO without having a risk to be scammed, or whatever else.
aenin2764

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:24:49 PM

Now there are too many useless ICO and many just stop paying attention to them. I think if we do not start the settlement of ICO, then next year they will fail because investors will not support them.
NikkiS

Activity: 434

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:33:44 PM

I think now the market is not in the best shape and in connection with the prolonged fall, many investors have lost some of their capital and are simply afraid to invest in ICO. Many of them expressed a waiting strategy or others  bought top coins at low prices and all are waiting for market growth.

churaCull

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:46:27 PM

Good ICO will survive in 2018. Many project or ICO are coming it means more competitive. And it can be interested for hunters and investors because many choices.

Good ICO will survive any time because they don't stand the question of survival - they just develop their things and attract people with it every day. Other projects - yes, they will need to survive, to post fake news, to fraud people to have trading volume  Undecided
Gozephina

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 12:57:44 PM

I think today many projects solve far-fetched problems. With so many projects, of course a large proportion of them will fail. So while this market will develop a high proportion of failures will always be present.
Laxus215

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 01:22:24 PM

Only the best ICOs will survive, if you check the collected funds records of the ICOs which were launched in 2017, almost same amounts has been raised in the Q2 of 2018. This means the ICOs will raise double amount of funds at the years end. Now the main thing is investors need to be more precautions to invest in the upcoming ICOs projects which are here in the markets with objectives to scam the people's. Yes there are several good ICOs has been launched in 2018 and some ongoing and upcoming ICOs are also good with their technology and good intentions to solve the crypromarket issues and to bring new technology in the crypto worlds, only that will survive.

alaska2930

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:35:56 PM

I think ICO will still triumph in 2018, the problem now in ICO is the trust level of investors is really low and the competition of each ICO is very tight, because the releasing ICO is a lot and the release time is very near, but if the developer persistence and able to deliver the vision then it can success, but a coin success won't happening in short time, it need a longer time to see the result
WhyBit

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:39:27 PM

We already have best year in 2017 and now potential is already end just very good or extra ordinary projects will survive which are not coming or just very rare because this need some good and positive work with very good devs teams but right now we have very hardly these things hopefully in next year we have some good and new projects with strong potential
Kingairdrop

Activity: 552
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:47:25 PM

This is the third quarter of the year and as you can see ICO are not failing as such, i did a random sampling where i took a study of 15 different ICOs and closely monitored and studied them up until the end of their token sale. My result, 11 out of the 15 met their soft-cap and 8 out of 9 met their hard-cap. My conclusion is thus, ICOs are not failing and this is simply because people still want to buy these coins cheap and sell high.

✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣ Seasonal Tokens ✣ ▌✣ ▌ ✣ ▌ ✣
█ ✣ ▌PROTECT YOUR FUNDS AND GROW YOUR WEALTH OVER TIME ▌✣ █
www.seasonaltokens.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: