Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:32:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why ICOs will fail in 2018  (Read 3925 times)
jackjohnes23

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:00:48 AM

I think a lot of projects are still preparing their tokensales looking back at 2017 projects' success. But least of them will get any reasonable funding cause all the traders will be busy with checking delivering the results by first projects they invested.

I hope we will see some nice projects in 2018 still.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chidrawarster

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:12:00 AM

I think the other way around. This is only the beginning and many more years to ago , who knows the future is digital currency, we never know the trend setter. Just i can only advise invest in good product based ICO's , they will give some return else we all are free to dump and move ahead. Just its the matter of making choices. Invest good, feel good and wait patiently, this is all about this industry.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
paloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

REVOLUTIONIZING THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2017, 07:01:42 AM

Some countries are banning and relating ICOs like China and Korea and now UK. ICOs may fail but they are already Cryptocurrencies that has been circulating so I think ICOs regulated and Cryptocurrencies are not.

Umtitima

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:07:36 AM

Probably ico may fall in 2018 because of the experience people are witnessing being scammed by some ico not delivering what they promised and as a result losing their money.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:11:42 AM

Too many ICO in 2017,the market will tends to stabilize In 2018,lots of scammed ICO,hopefully real project with real product will be successful
Joshua85

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:16:39 AM

I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?

I don't think so, good project will still collect money, but your job is to do research the project, because out ther is a lot of scams
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:20:18 AM

I came across this article
https://www.financemagnates.com/thought-leadership/ico-will-fail-2018/

And wanted to know if you agree -- are these the reasons why ICOs will fail in 2018?
What type of PR strategies do you look for in an ICO? What types of things create the most buzz? What things are old news?

Thoughts?
Actually in these days it is easy to create the project and run ICOs in the market of Cryptocurrency and also many platforms are available to make revel advertisement of the ICOs , so may people are creating ICOs project and selling tockens and making lots of profit by selling tockens , but in actual we can see few ICOs scammed people , so here we can expect that the chances to scam the people with ICOs are much possible , so we need to aware from such types things .
Here I am not saying that ICOs are scam and not profitable , these are running Because these are profitbale as well as Better for the people to start own business easily with ICOs investment .
A big example of such things is that China plan to ban ICOs exchange and also by another countries , in last 3 month lots of rumours was like this and also happened at big extent .
Since these are our need but still we should investigate perfectly and then try to invest otherwise we will loss in ICOs much , regualtion and rules harder may can solve these problems and will make the ICOs more better thing in the future otherwise ICOs like project will get fail in the incoming days .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:23:04 AM

I think the main reason for this one is because the number of ICO project is too huge at the moment, everyday a lot of new ICO projects published, you can take a look at Altcoin section, there are thousands ICO project in here. Beside there are a lot of scam ICO project so to find out a good project to invest in at the moment is very difficult.

cryptochr

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:37:13 AM

As time progresses, ICOs become easy to develop, and hyping them or advertising them has become easy too hence the large amount of scams happening today. But because of this, we need to be very careful when it comes to investing in ICOs, it's so much easier to fall into the trap of scammers.
Those types of scammy ICOs are the ones that we need to be more aware of and we need to put a spot light on them because these are the ones that will fail in 2018.
Arkitekt

Activity: 129
Merit: 5

to da mooon

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:44:40 AM

Hard to say with the increasing attention being given to the Crypto Sphere. It may have slowed down temporarily but we could see another big ico boom, maybe 2018 isnt the year since there have been so many projects, however ICOs are going to keep happening and good/bad/scam projects are going to come from them unless there ends up being more ICO regulation.
DibiaVxosis

Activity: 187

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:39:47 AM

new ico may fails, but i think passed ico still have good chance to grow up because they do ico early and will have good product.

chrisfatos

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

DIW - Decentralized Security

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:40:51 AM

Because there were too much of them in 2017. Good projects are already made, junk only left (except some, but they are rare). So, there are less chances to get even a soft cup. Thus ICOs will be less popular in 2018.

So what will be the next big thing?

I believe the next big thing will be trade.io, its already doing so well. Raised $12mil in Pre-ICO and ICO will start tomorrow 7th Dec. They have joined HiTBTC exchange and other goals have been reached also.

For future reference you might want to check brand new ICOs too, check DIW and Wabi too. These look really good too.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:56:04 AM

If you read the article you will see that the author doesnt says that all ICO`s will fail in 2018. It simply wants to underline some mistakes that current ICO are making esspecialy on the awarness part.
I partiall agree with the author but lets take them step by step.
The most common mistakes that the author consider ICO`s make:
       - Over complicatin of a project or platform. I`ve read my share of whitepapers and i`m not a tech person but i understood most of the information. I dont agree here with the author. The whitepaper must adress to the simple user and to the most advanced one. Till now i saw whitepapers  that adress tp both of them. For sure i am talking about serious projects, not small one made by kids who hope they can scam the community.
       - Lack of funds dedicated to marketing and media. All the projects that i saw had funds allocated for these two sector.
       - No effective PR stratedy to drive angagemend. Here i agree with the author. Many projects dont give a lot of attention to the image and spreading it into the market. Here is the part were i see mostly non-proffesionals. I cant undestand why in a market where pojects gain millions there isn`t more investment in PR.
       - Inssuficient social media activity. Mostly they are relying on bounty programs but once the ICO ends most social media acivity stops. So yeah, the author makes a good point here. There should be bounties even after the ICO`s.

emirkalyoncu

Activity: 256
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:58:05 AM

There will be a lot of failed ICOs for sure.But not all of them there are strong ICOs to like VEGA.Their tech and dev team is awesome and im planning to put my money in VEGA.You may like too if you go see their site.FUTURE IS ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
madgtr

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:58:20 AM

I doubt they will fail. On the contrary i believe that some ICOs will do very well. I believe that there are some ICOs out there that have made an impact on the community, like trade.io for example has take a poll I created "by storm".

Feel free to comment and vote there too:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2495688.40

I also believe that if they cut down on scams and stop them before they do harm to the community, they ICO's will be less and only the best ones will survive.
jacquelinecr

Activity: 294
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:50:45 AM

Only the scams will fail. Because everyone is cracking down on scams.

No one wants to invest in crap, so they do research and ask more experienced users in forums.
Lumberjack1935

Activity: 105

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:05:20 PM

In 2018 a lot can happen, I believe that the development of ICOs will not decrease but increase, but the criteria will be more rigorous.
It will not fail, it depends on your point of view.
raperinoa

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 12:10:33 PM

not everyone knows ICO and yet they buy it, assuming going to the moon coins
trend will uphold for the good ones.. imho
jems

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:27:37 PM

Probably some BTC hardfork will occur in 2018. This causes investors not interested to join ICO.
smells money, they will very quickly respond to this issue.
I prefer ICO to have more quality in the future.
Sylar2016

Activity: 111

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 01:30:13 PM

Im am not agree with the article and I think the opposite and in the next year we will see more and better ICO.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: