Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:44:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 153 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Titanium - World's First Decentralised Cloud Services Provider 🚀  (Read 80975 times)
deephouse650

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:50:14 PM

This is indeed an interesting project. Having worked in IT Infrastructure myself I know how painful it is to setup things yourself. With such concept things are definitely going to be smooth for a company as most of the things will be handled by the vendor. I would love to setup things on the fly and have a proactive monitoring set for my servers and other network devices. This is indeed the path which is still unexplored and I am happy that blockchain and project like this have bought the bits and pieces together and presented it in the most efficient and effective manner.

Good luck to the team and I will be following your project for sure.

First, I will say that I am interested in this project and I have participated in the ICO.

I do have a few concerns that I don't think anyone here has expressed. DO NOT take this personally but this is just coming from someone that has worked in infrastructure for a decade with my most recent role involving VMWare VM administration, AWS/Azure migrations, and workload analysis.

1.  Establishing a CLOUD provider compute environment IS A HUGE undertaking!  After reading the white paper, I do not see any technical specifics of how you plan to accomplish this.  While the White paper is complete, it's more of a project plan than a technical white paper.  
I'm not saying you can't do it, but for someone like myself who knows what's involved - it would be nice to see how TBIS plans to accomplish this - at least in small detail.  You can't just pull Enterprise class services out of thin air.  

2. 99.999999% uptime is the most "sales pitchy" cliche one can throw out in this industry.  If you plan to run this on the ETH network - what will your plan be to address the fact that an app as simple as CryptoKitties was able to "crash" the Ethereum blockchain?  Has anyone else here given this some thought?

3. I'm a little weary that the address on your DUNS number is registered to your apt.
TITANIUM BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICES INC.
15027 DICKENS ST APT 4
SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91403

HOWEVER, it's not uncommon to start a business from home so I wont knock this too hard.

All that said - I think TBIS has a pretty lofty goal here and I hope that your team can deliver.  
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deephouse650

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:55:49 PM

Seems interesting, although I wouldn't count on any of those partnerships actually being confirmed. The concept is really strong but I have my concerns in regards to it's scalability. If you plan on having all these partnerships you need to consider the network traffic in terms of providing decentrailized storage for clients , as well as creating a means of exchange for how the clients will pay for your services.

Good point.
Piston_82

Activity: 350
Merit: 113

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:30:40 PM

Do you hear about 10 000 000??!!
This is very cool, but as far as I understand it's only about 30% of the required amount?
jznsamuel

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

“Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:31:03 PM

going to keep an eye on the updates for this project.

Owillz

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:38:17 PM

Hey guys have you checked Titanium ico review page on their website? Menh, they got everything going right for them. Their records are really good and confident boosting.
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 09:55:28 PM

This is indeed an interesting project. Having worked in IT Infrastructure myself I know how painful it is to setup things yourself. With such concept things are definitely going to be smooth for a company as most of the things will be handled by the vendor. I would love to setup things on the fly and have a proactive monitoring set for my servers and other network devices. This is indeed the path which is still unexplored and I am happy that blockchain and project like this have bought the bits and pieces together and presented it in the most efficient and effective manner.

3. I'm a little weary that the address on your DUNS number is registered to your apt.
15027 DICKENS ST APT 4
SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91403

HOWEVER, it's not uncommon to start a business from home so I wont knock this too hard.

All that said - I think TBIS has a pretty lofty goal here and I hope that your team can deliver.  

Regarding this, it has been answered before at telegram, the whole team is distributed around the world. Soon office heardquarters will be opened in USA  Wink

Takes time to get a company started i imagine once the cash is in from the ICO they can work on less important things like offices Smiley And honestly an address of an apartment is a lot more reassuring than a PO Box or some random Post Offices address that i've seen in some other ICO's. It's good to see a team being honest about where their coming from!
ninalevili

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:06:51 PM

sembra un buon progetto. vedremo come va. buona fortuna!
load1ng

Activity: 246

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:31:37 PM

Good project, I have joined airdrop. Good luck!
taeewo

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:46:59 PM

Have you guys joined Arcblock which was born for blockchain,its a project that will rock the cryptocurrency sphere... Dont miss it...
Ash13ley

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 10:51:41 PM

i like this new coin its like the sister of etn
MemoryMills

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:20:55 AM

Yea man its ace, and the partnership with Electroneum is the icing on the cake. Cool
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 01:50:17 AM

Yea man its ace, and the partnership with Electroneum is the icing on the cake. Cool

I know right I'm kicking myself for not hodling my etn first I sold it early and now a ico I want lots of is accepting it hehe luckily I'm still mining it so hopefully will be able to put them to good use by expanding my titanium holdings before the ico is over.

It's refreshing seeing coins get actively accepted especially one like etn 2 great projects etn+titanium ftw
Anilg

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:39:59 AM

First, I will say that I am interested in this project and I have participated in the ICO.

I do have a few concerns that I don't think anyone here has expressed. DO NOT take this personally but this is just coming from someone that has worked in infrastructure for a decade with my most recent role involving VMWare VM administration, AWS/Azure migrations, and workload analysis.

1.  Establishing a CLOUD provider compute environment IS A HUGE undertaking!  After reading the white paper, I do not see any technical specifics of how you plan to accomplish this.  While the White paper is complete, it's more of a project plan than a technical white paper.  
I'm not saying you can't do it, but for someone like myself who knows what's involved - it would be nice to see how TBIS plans to accomplish this - at least in small detail.  You can't just pull Enterprise class services out of thin air.  

2. 99.999999% uptime is the most "sales pitchy" cliche one can throw out in this industry.  If you plan to run this on the ETH network - what will your plan be to address the fact that an app as simple as CryptoKitties was able to "crash" the Ethereum blockchain?  Has anyone else here given this some thought?

15027 DICKENS ST APT 4
SHERMAN OAKS, CA 91403

You have raised some good questions, and I m sure Titanium team will come up with details soon. But how far they can explain in white paper I don't know.  But Titanium core team is experienced one and already running one company so they knew how to run business and they have client/partner which will help them running cloud business whith features what they targetting.
corn13read

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:37:03 AM

1.  Establishing a CLOUD provider compute environment IS A HUGE undertaking!  After reading the white paper, I do not see any technical specifics of how you plan to accomplish this.  While the White paper is complete, it's more of a project plan than a technical white paper. 
I'm not saying you can't do it, but for someone like myself who knows what's involved - it would be nice to see how TBIS plans to accomplish this - at least in small detail.  You can't just pull Enterprise class services out of thin air. 

2. 99.999999% uptime is the most "sales pitchy" cliche one can throw out in this industry.  If you plan to run this on the ETH network - what will your plan be to address the fact that an app as simple as CryptoKitties was able to "crash" the Ethereum blockchain?  Has anyone else here given this some thought?

We understand the undertaking is quite large. We are having our attorneys review the technical WP right now. In regards to building on ETH network. We are selling our utility token as an ERC20 token but are building our own blockchain for the network. We will have real hardware hooked up to this thing not just GPUs that have trouble with cats. Wink
Ackedy

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:48:58 AM

I have always, in addition to many other factors, evaluated the company according to what mission they set for themselves in this world. If the team has not set goals, how to make the world better, then it has no success. What a pity that Titanium did not do this, but it is seemed like a promising project!
MadduckUK

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:56:15 AM

I have always, in addition to many other factors, evaluated the company according to what mission they set for themselves in this world. If the team has not set goals, how to make the world better, then it has no success. What a pity that Titanium did not do this, but it is seemed like a promising project!
Have you completely read the white paper? The company has a well-defined mission. They want to use all the capabilities of the blockchain to provide virtual infrastructure services for businesses and individuals.
Gunny95

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:56:22 AM

As of yesterday TBIS's team achieved 10.000 telegram users, a strong presence in the community is an important factor for a successful ICO, glad TBIS is doing well

Does anyone have experience with ICObench? TBIS scores pretty well:
https://icobench.com/ico/titanium-blockchain-infrastructure-services

Also there is a TBIS lottery, winners are announced on friday february the 2nd, 1000, 500 & 250 BAR tokens will be given away  Grin
https://twitter.com/TBISINC/status/951906809899634689

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing
Ackedy

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:01:05 AM

Have you completely read the white paper? The company has a well-defined mission. They want to use all the capabilities of the blockchain to provide virtual infrastructure services for businesses and individuals.

And what future does the development team see after their product is launched on the market?
MadduckUK

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:05:05 AM

And what future does the development team see after their product is launched on the market?
A bright future, when in the world, where businesses no longer need to have a networking closet full of expensive and temperamental equipment which can rapidly become obsolete, requires tender care and feedback productivity through down time or general digital surliness.
unkletoken

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:12:39 AM

A bright future, when in the world, where businesses no longer need to have a networking closet full of expensive and temperamental equipment which can rapidly become obsolete, requires tender care and feedback productivity through down time or general digital surliness.

I think business without equipment is impossible. In any case, I would like to hear that Titanium will offer in return.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 153 »
  Print  

Jump to: