Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:35:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: -- Miner's Official Coin LAUNCH - NUGGETS (NUGS) --  (Read 121474 times)
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 08:44:58 PM

Incorrect, programmers can be bought from India for /10th the price and or course they'll pay Americsn programmers their $70K, that's not big money.  An MBA grad starts at $250K, plus bonuses, this is a fact.

Experienced programmers make a lot more than $70K.  There are very few software developers with PhD.  That is just your nonsense that Phd = better.  I have worked for a lot of senior project developers and none had PhDs.  One might have had a masters but honestly nobody cared.  What matters is experience solving real world problems none of which is learned in college.

And no, it's not the programmers that make the big money as far as coding - it's the PhD physicists and mathematicians who then fell the programmers what models and programs to build and these are called black boxes which do high frequency trading which do in fact are responsive for a huge % of the trading activity and they make lots if money, but the bulk of the money, the big money is still made by traders, economists, heads if hedge finds, etc because a black box can't predict the future I'd see a good buy it simply trades in milliseconds based on a preprogrammed trend or news and it simply beats the human reaction time.

Once again I actually worked on statistical models for risk analysis and nobody on our team had a PhD.  None.  Models that were used in the pricing of tens of billions of dollars in distress assets.  A half dozen computer science professionals (db engineers, developers, project managers) and a few statisticans no PhD.  

Then again this is like a chef explaining to a guy who ate a hamburger once how culinary arts works.   As for every MBA making $250K starting well that is just silly.  Then again how much are you making on unemployment?  My guess is less than $250K.

Lol, once again you're clueless.  I personally know people I went to school with who got jobs for JPmorgan et al and with only a bachelors they were starting at $80K, no programmer starts that high with a bachelors unless you're at google or MICROSOSFT or a few companies, on wallstreet that's the norm.  I know programmers working for Fortune 500 companies with a BS and 10 years experience and they make $70K. Can some make 200K, sure, but many don't.  You're quoting the top 10%.  Please go to salary.com and I bet anything a programmer doesn't even average $70K.

And then these banks will pay for you to get your MBA, while you're working, right there in New York and the day you graduate they bump you to sr analyst and your base pay goes to $250K.  This is an industry fact.  And this was more than 10 years ago when this was happening.

And the bonuses are easily over $100K at that point.  Real Bankers make 100 times the money of programmers.  After 10 years on wallstreet regardless if you're a trader or analyst, if you're making less than $800K total with bonuses that means you're not that good.  Many make millions once they get in Sr positions or start their own hedge funds if they're really good and make hundreds of millions.

Banking is big on bonus pay and incentives which programmers are lucky to work for a company that gives them $20k bonus let alone $100K, which on wallstreet is considered newbie money.

I'm speaking from hard experience, I worked 10 years for the 2 biggest biggest banks in the US, and I had access to all internal jobs and their starting pay and I personally graduated with people who moved to New York with a lower GPA than mine and in a few years $250K was considered average.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:53:38 PM

No doubt some bankers make a lot but that is hardly the claim that EVERYONE with an MBA makes $250K.  Case in point you are currently making nothing. Imagine that.  I would point out that unemployment in the IT sector is about 3%.  Why?  Oh yeah because developers, network engineers, database architects, etc are indispensible.  Any company which fired their IT staff would no longer exist in a few months.

According to Salary average salary for application programmers in CA is $94,000 with 25% making more than $108K.  BTW less than 1% of application developers have a PhD, so yes that means it is a statistical impossibility for most of the high paid (say top 10%) programmers to have doctorates.  Some of those filthy programmers making six figures have lowly bachelors degrees and in some cases ... <GASP> no degree at all.   The horrors.

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/Applications-Programmer-Salary-Details-San-Jose-CA.aspx?&hdcbxbonuse=off&isshowpiechart=false&isshowjobchart=false&isshowsalarydetailcharts=true&isshownextsteps=true&isshowcompanyfct=true&isshowaboutyou=true

As for as every MBA making $250K the second they get their degree.  That has never been true and certainly isn't now.
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-05-23/mba-salary-expectations-sober-reckoning-or-wishful-thinking

Salary expections for MBA drops 10% to $113K.

So simple version you are not right (but you should be used to it by now).
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 09:05:19 PM

No doubt some bankers make a lot but that is hardly the claim that EVERYONE with an MBA makes $250K.  Case in point you are currently making nothing. Imagine that.  I would point out that unemployment in the IT sector is about 3%.  Why?  Oh yeah because developers, network engineers, database architects, etc are indispensible.  Any company which fired their IT staff would no longer exist in a few months.

According to Salary average salary for application programmers in CA is $94,000 with 25% making more than $108K.  BTW less than 1% of application developers have a PhD, so yes that means it is a statistical impossibility for most of the high paid (say top 10%) programmers to have doctorates.  Some of those filthy programmers making six figures have lowly bachelors degrees and in some cases ... <GASP> no degree at all.   The horrors.

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/Applications-Programmer-Salary-Details-San-Jose-CA.aspx?&hdcbxbonuse=off&isshowpiechart=false&isshowjobchart=false&isshowsalarydetailcharts=true&isshownextsteps=true&isshowcompanyfct=true&isshowaboutyou=true

So simple version you are not right (but you should be used to it by now).

Lol, you're comparing California with the rest of America?  I used new york cause that was my prime example of where my friends went to work.

Secondly, I live in Oregon, go on Craigslist and type in mortgage underwriter, securities analyst, economist, lol, you're lucky if 3 jobs pop up.  All the banker jobs are in San Fran, Chicago and New York.  But I can't move, I'm rooted here.  

During the peak of the mortgage industry just my monthly bonus was $2,000 per month.  No programmer gets that unless you work for maybe google.

And California is known to have the highest salaries in the country cause our last home where I grew up, in An average Bay Area neighborhood, with merely 1,700 sq feet and a pool was selling for $900,000 just 5 years ago and now its $700,000.  People can't survive in California on Oregon salaries.  Look up programmers in Oregon.  Lol, $70K is actually a really good salary.  Compare apples to apples.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 09:24:47 PM

I meant monster.com, that's what I used to use for job searches.  I recently started using Craigslist. Up until 5 years ago there were pages of jobs for mortgage underwriters for example, now if 3 jobs pop up I'm lucky but many times its zero jobs in Oregon or a temp service.

And this is Monster.com, they always had tons of job listings.  Things have changed and I provably have to move back to California.  I hate Oregon anyway, this place is depressing and I've never gotten used to it.

Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 01:37:53 AM

Off topic question (as if):

I may be getting a job offer in property management.  Basically interviewing and doing background checks and renting rental properties.  Man, I've always hated sales but right now I'll take anything.

Does anybody know more about this type of job?  Like is it a decent job as far as fulfillment and stress goes?  If I don't make good money I at least want a Jon I'd enjoy in some way or a job with less stress than a good paying job.  TIA!

whlx

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:32:24 AM

Where can Nuggets be traded?

When can we see Nuggets in Cryptsy or Coins-E or anyother?

They're on icycryptcy right now.

And poof! It's gone!   iceycrypt says "Sorry the site is going down!" and "Sorry the site is going down! PLEASE CANCEL ALL TRADES!"   Hattip r3wt.

Annnnd more fun in chatbox:

"...the market has been shutdown because of errors that we are unable to resolve in a timely manner."

"Everything is just going back to the owner since the trade system got fucked up"

Still   iceycrypt.com is not runnin yet?
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 07:27:04 AM

Whix:

That was r3's exchange.  If I had to guess it has served its purpose and you won't see it again for quite a while, if ever. It's only been 2 weeks.  Mine this coin if you believe in it long term and an exchange will come if I do the right things and get enough bounty money together.  

I've opened myself up for any job at this point just for this coin and to build mining rigs.  Screw banking jobs, whatever I find I'll take and 75% of my net income will be rigs and this coin.

When I do something I go all out, I only have 2 gears, neutral and really fast.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:43:29 AM

Whix:

That was r3's exchange.

no it wasn't. i was just moderator there. the owner was the user "Forsaken" and he doesn't use these forums. i posted the ANN.

sidenote: if you have coins deposited in the exchange, withdraw them. still quite a bit of coins yet to be claimed.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Vlad2Vlad (OP)
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 08:13:33 AM

Whix:

That was r3's exchange.

no it wasn't. i was just moderator there. the owner was the user "Forsaken" and he doesn't use these forums. i posted the ANN.

sidenote: if you have coins deposited in the exchange, withdraw them. still quite a bit of coins yet to be claimed.

I'm sorry.  Someone else said it was yours.

Thanks for the heads up.

mnyonpa

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 09:07:27 AM

Sorry for spreading misinformation.

BTC address for donations: 1EEjkAqLXTxscD24D1S6aXWtxPUWxSkHcd
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:54:45 AM

Off topic question (as if):

I may be getting a job offer in property management.  Basically interviewing and doing background checks and renting rental properties.  Man, I've always hated sales but right now I'll take anything.

Does anybody know more about this type of job?  Like is it a decent job as far as fulfillment and stress goes?  If I don't make good money I at least want a Jon I'd enjoy in some way or a job with less stress than a good paying job.  TIA!

"Property Manager" is newspeak for "janitor". I suppose it's an interesting enough job what with the trying to unclog other people's toilets and old women trying to get boned by you. And the cat urine. Can't forget that.
AgentME

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 03:59:19 PM

Incorrect, programmers can be bought from India for /10th the price and or course they'll pay Americsn programmers their $70K, that's not big money.

With programmers, you get what you pay for. (Surely you've learned that very recently!)

To make money you have to understand money not the way the printing press works.  That's absurd.  You guys are calling me a fool cause I have no idea how Bitcoin's printing press works.  I say who gives an F.  Can I change it?  Does it matter? No.  No.  So why waste effort end memory space on useless info when I know I'll pick up the idea of it eventually.

You tried to launch your own coin, and you even specified the parameters for how it ought to work. Both of those being attempted by someone without a clue is hilarious.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 05:25:28 PM

Incorrect, programmers can be bought from India for /10th the price and or course they'll pay Americsn programmers their $70K, that's not big money.

With programmers, you get what you pay for. (Surely you've learned that very recently!)

Are there some fields in which you can pay shit but can receive a decent work?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:18:28 PM

I'm not sure how any of that relates to my post, but that last sentence is full of errors. The financial industry pays extremely well for good programmers as far as I've heard. And financial institutions pretty much entirely rely on computers these days, so to say they "do ZERO actual money making for the banks" seems to show a huge lack of understanding. (If that were true, why would banks even hire programmers?)

Quote from: frobley on Today at 09:48:43 AM

Incorrect, programmers can be bought from India for /10th the price and or course they'll pay Americsn programmers their $70K, that's not big money.  An MBA grad starts at $250K, plus bonuses, this is a fact.

And no, it's not the programmers that make the big money as far as coding - it's the PhD physicists and mathematicians who then fell the programmers what models and programs to build and these are called black boxes which do high frequency trading which do in fact are responsive for a huge % of the trading activity and they make lots if money, but the bulk of the money, the big money is still made by traders, economists, heads if hedge finds, etc because a black box can't predict the future I'd see a good buy it simply trades in milliseconds based on a preprogrammed trend or news and it simply beats the human reaction time.

I wasn't talking about this, and even this, you don't need to get to be a trader or economist, but I was referring to the fact the infrastructure computers, software, hardware, and inflows and outflows of Nasdaq matters none to a trader, absolutely zero.

To make money you have to understand money not the way the printing press works.  That's absurd.  You guys are calling me a fool cause I have no idea how Bitcoin's printing press works.  I say who gives an F.  Can I change it?  Does it matter? No.  No.  So why waste effort end memory space on useless info when I know I'll pick up the idea of it eventually.

Uhhhmmmm Vlad, You do release that you tried to release a coin called "Nuggets - The miners coin" And you don't even understand what mining does/why it's important. Seems pretty backwards to me.
Damnsammit

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:26:02 PM

Uhhhmmmm Vlad, You do release that you tried to release a coin called "Nuggets - The miners coin" And you don't even understand what mining does/why it's important. Seems pretty backwards to me.

Don't forget that he also pre-mined and then gave that away to the people bashing him and not a single coin to someone who was actually mining this turd nugget.

The stupidity is vast with vlad Tongue
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 06:32:47 PM

Yeah it's pretty strange

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
ilovealtcoins

Activity: 1246
Merit: 263

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:35:31 PM

Yeah it's pretty strange

Even the worst coin creators know a lot abut crypto currency and how it works. I read for months and months on end. This was before I even wanted to release my own coin. I just found crypto currency fascinating. I also enjoy the white paper too.

Vlad, If you want to re-release this coin I would suggest at least reading the Bitcoin whitepaper before releasing it. It is truly a good read.
frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 07:36:23 PM

we keep coming back simply because it's so unbelievably funny  Cheesy
twobits

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2013, 10:08:50 PM

And we have our first VGB   http://nuggets.21stcenturymoneytalk.org/index.php?tx=1e7f7124cf4462db525a9bffbd297bd9048d84f9d6e8518329db540d318ecc65

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2013, 10:14:47 PM

You guy must be the most pathetic douche bag trolls I've ever seen.

You do realize that he's probably just feeding you stuff to keep you goin ?

So what if someone isn't a coder, tekkie or crypto expert ! He's trying and unlike you nooobs, he's learning something.

I'm not here to argue or respond to any more of your dribble. I just wanted to take the opportunity to say, YOU SUCK. Smiley

@jack jack  Kiss

HT xD

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: