Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: will people lose intrest?  (Read 6652 times)
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:51:01 AM

I think that "if" bitcoin will die, it will happen gradually and not suddenly. In it's process of dying, people will little by little find another cryptocurrency to believe and be interested upon. That alternative currency will prevail until another cryptocurrency takes its place and the cycle begins again. But a number of people would surely be fearful due to rumors and news of losses all around. It may take a while before the same number of people will continue believing and investing in digital currencies after all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Drakula

Activity: 421
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:55:51 AM

If market cap going down and bitcoin price dcrease i slowly lose my interest  and going to other interesting sphere of IT
Same with my opinion, if the value of Bitcoin will decrease and the government will interfere people will lose their interest. If ever that Government interest and control Bitcoin, it is possible that Bitcoin will no longer tax free.
princesspoppy

Activity: 634
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:17:26 PM

Bitcoin is just getting started gaining more popularity, because of its increasing price, people are getting more attracted to invest with it. If it continuous,  more and more people will be interested to invest in bitcoin and because of this, people will not lose its interest rather be more interested to gain and earn more profit. If ever that bitcoin dumps, other people might switch to other altcoins but as soon as it pumps, people will switch again to bitcoin.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:21:14 PM

If ever bitcoin does die, I think some of the coins might die as well but I believe there will be some that'll be left behind not sure if the price goes down as well. But for as long as there are supporters of these cryptocurrencies then I think it will survive without bitcoin.
twostepsally

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:29:22 PM

If ever bitcoin does die, I think some of the coins might die as well but I believe there will be some that'll be left behind not sure if the price goes down as well. But for as long as there are supporters of these cryptocurrencies then I think it will survive without bitcoin.

Bitcoin is future currency it will give more information for the future growth. People can't use the bitcoin. People will be learn more information for the future investment. Bitcoin helpful to country people growth and gather some investment information for the gather some information. It will gather some business improvement. So people really like the bitcoin. It will connect the other country people growth.
P60

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:33:09 PM

I think it will not happen, if bitcoin is lost, I think other altcoins like ethereum, litecoi, doge, will be used for investing.
Well yes, people will not lose interest as long as they can gain profit in cryptocurrency. They will still pursue investing as long as cryptocurrency exists. Maybe if Bitcoin will be banned, people will be disappointed and it may lose their interest.

doomistake

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:36:21 PM

Hello!

If bitcoin died do you think people will lose intrest in other cryptos aswell? which altcoin would you invest in if there were no bitcoin?

I think if Bitcoin dies, the entire cryptocurrency world will be severely affected. There will definitely be a backlash of support of cryptocurrency but it will fall short of causing the untimely death of the whole of crypto environment. There are still a lot of cryptocurrencies out there that also thrived in similar ways as Bitcoin did, which was entirely different and running apart from the blockchain of Bitcoin.

Yeah, but it would be only temporary since that would be a good news to all of the altcoin existing here in the cryptocurrency world, that is what they want, to surpass bitcoin, though it is so impossible for me because bitcoin is the most powerful coin living here in this cryptocurrency world. Before bitcoin dies, the altcoins are the ones who will be going first, they just exist because the idea of bitcoin.

sadwage

Activity: 279
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:40:33 PM

Hello!

If bitcoin died do you think people will lose intrest in other cryptos aswell? which altcoin would you invest in if there were no bitcoin?
The first thing is that bitcoin does not die, the second in case it happens that there are many altcoins with big potential and great value such as litecoin monero and above all ethereum.
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:41:56 PM

It's hard to beleive that people will lose interest in bitcoin and that could only happen if bitcoin would be completely ruined. But at this moment cryptocurrencies have already become something quite normal and usual and people wouldn't like anymore to function without them so some other crypto could maybe take the number one place. Like Ethereum for example although I don't think that it could make such revolution like bitcoin.

malaj
dynospytan

Activity: 364
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:42:07 PM

I think it will not happen, if bitcoin is lost, I think other altcoins like ethereum, litecoi, doge, will be used for investing.
Well yes, people will not lose interest as long as they can gain profit in cryptocurrency. They will still pursue investing as long as cryptocurrency exists. Maybe if Bitcoin will be banned, people will be disappointed and it may lose their interest.
That is the only reason why people engage to cryptocurrency is to gain some profit and if they feel like they are slowly losing it, they will find a much better investment which will be the altcoins. Even though they will be affected by bitcoin getting lost, everything starts from the bottom and slowly goes to the top. I think some altcoins have the potential to replace bitcoin.
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:47:51 PM

I'm afraid that if they don't come up with anything to increase the speed of transactions, people will start giving up bitcoin...there are a few unsolved problems that personally upset me and affect me
Gabrieelle

Activity: 364
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:51:04 PM

I'm afraid that if they don't come up with anything to increase the speed of transactions, people will start giving up bitcoin...there are a few unsolved problems that personally upset me and affect me
Actually I think the real problem is the high transaction fees, in order to get the right speed for the transactions we're doing we need to pay a fee which is expensive now a days unlike before when doing transactions. I guess it is because of more and more users are engaging into bitcoin and the more users means the more data traffic can occur.
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 01:53:03 PM

Hello!

Well it would certainly affect other cryptos but I don't think it will make people to totally lose interest to cryptocurrencies specially with what bitcoin started, the hype it did and the success it boasts from its market to its successful investors I'm sure bitcoins death ( which is most likely not to happen in my opinion) will still leave a sweet taste in the memory of its users anyway people sees things differently so nothing would be certain.

Ahiaba

Activity: 447
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:54:32 PM

Hello!

Will such a thing ever happen to bitcoin? If it will happen to any fait currency then it will happen to bitcoin which I don't believe such a thing will ever happen to bitcoin. But if it happen then no other crypto currency will see the light of the day.
vergel24official

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:02:34 PM

If bitcoin totally ban into your country in makes people loose interest.
4U

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 07:05:19 PM

bitcoin is the leader , and if bitcoin dead or something maybe some percent of people will lose interest in cryptocurrency , and ofc yeah another will change direction to ETH or LTC and ETH is the most candidate will change the bitcoin i guess Grin
I don’t think so people lose interest bitcoin because bitcoin is such a currency which is attracting people toward it self and its demand is very high this year users have been increased and not only countries but also some rich countries have join bitcoin because bitcoin is providing a very good opportunity of earning to the people so how is it possible that people can lose interest in bitcoin I believe that a lot of people are waiting to join bitcoin next year.
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:59:31 PM

If market cap going down and bitcoin price dcrease i slowly lose my interest  and going to other interesting sphere of IT
Same with my opinion, if the value of Bitcoin will decrease and the government will interfere people will lose their interest. If ever that Government interest and control Bitcoin, it is possible that Bitcoin will no longer tax free.
I do not think that currently the interest of the people in bitcoin is decreasing. Even though some government have banned bitcoin and consider it as illegal but still their people are interested in bitcoin and they want to continue using bitcoin. I think that very soon their government will review their decision and will surely change their decision about bitcoin. They will regularize bitcoin, because bitcoin is the future currency of the world and hope that all the countries of the world will accept bitcoin and will adopt it as legal currency. Therefore i do not think that the interest of the people in bitcoin is decreasing or will decrease in future.
chichiah

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 01:50:02 AM

I don't think that people will lose interest about bitcoin. Because bitcoin now is so popular and it was trusted by the users and i think that it will be more popular next year and future.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:01:07 AM

I don't think that people will lose interest about bitcoin. Because bitcoin now is so popular and it was trusted by the users and i think that it will be more popular next year and future.
Based on the performance of bitcoin today, and based on the testimony of users and traders of bitcoin I doubt if one person heard it will not get interested, nor those people who are already a member of society of bitcoin will loss their interest about bitcoin. But i didnt set aside the factors that bitcoin has which makes some of its traders failed in their journey in bitcoin.
pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 02:04:34 AM

Hello!

Bitcoin dying is highly improbable due to the strength of the brand. The brand alone is worth billions of dollars. However, it's very possible that some altcoins may surpass bitcoin in market capitalization eventually. With technology nothing is constant but change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: