Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency  (Read 42138 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Luksx1

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 08:33:43 PM

Dev, why you dont do azulik erc-20 tokens for donators? Manta dev did it. After release wallet we will change tokens for coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:51:28 PM

interesting project, congrats on cryptobridge listing
you plan on creating a bounty campaign?
would love to produce an article about STONE to steemit.

is there an active twitter and/or discord already?

thanks.

Where did you see it would be listed on CryptoBridge?
Xpommy

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 10:44:06 PM

You should at least provide github code. So that everyone can see the progress of the project. Without providing zero proof of work the project actually exist. donations are risky. All I can see 90% users commenting on this thread is newbies.
i have been reading these forums daily for a year now. I have never felt the need to comment on threads, I have merely used my time here to gauge interest in projects/coins. It’s only now that I have to message somebody that I have had to join. That makes me a noob in your eyes I suppose . I know several others that have done the same to join this project too.
iamkumar

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:12:08 PM

Hello guys, i would like to contribute to the project. how can i send donations, i have ETH.
Yodax

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 11:27:49 PM

devs can we please get a countdown on the final day for donation fund, looking to put some more in but dont really want to miss it, also another tally for the total btc raised, as im thinking its gone up a little since the last reading, by my rough calcs we have around 1.5-2mill mcap now? its important to know for investors.

The only countdown that we need is when the code will be available in github, after that then I reckon the donation need a countdown IMHO>.
Hi TheTenIsDog , please be aware that this is a pre-announcement, and the full code will be released alongside testnet. For those who may be wary but wish to invest, please wait for initial release and purchase Stone on an exchange.

felixando

I'll donate on February 7th, close to your release as I followed your project since beginning.
Keep up the good work, and if you need, I'll be able to help with the French whitepaper translation Smiley
eberson7

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:18:15 AM

@felixando, I was just wondering since you are the main developer of Stone and you seem to want to protect your intellectual property (which you have every right to do) have you considered patenting your code say if it ends up being far different from the XRB/Zsnarks platform? I'm only asking because I have seen the creators of Hashgraph begin to license their product even though it goes against the whole open-source code transparency model introduced by bitcoin. Swirlds obviously wants to capitalize on companies who might want to use their code, would you do the same?
Aliczand3

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:20:30 AM

@felixando, I was just wondering since you are the main developer of Stone and you seem to want to protect your intellectual property (which you have every right to do) have you considered patenting your code say if it ends up being far different from the XRB/Zsnarks platform? I'm only asking because I have seen the creators of Hashgraph begin to license their product even though it goes against the whole open-source code transparency model introduced by bitcoin. Swirlds obviously wants to capitalize on companies who might want to use their code, would you do the same?

This is an interesting idea!

Aliczand3

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:43:42 AM

I hope this is a professional project, also hope to participate in the main test .

Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:27:31 AM

That move will surely degrade the reputation of this project if it is followed. We can't deny that most of the codes will be based from Raiblocks/Zsnarks codebase and patenting a code which is based from those won't help the project in anyway and i'm sure Felix is definitely against that idea.
ruupo13

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:16:29 AM

Just wanted to make my official first post, I donated a couple weeks ago. Really excited to continue to watch this project, looking forward to the initial test net!
FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:56:38 AM

Hi dev very interesting project glad I found it pm sent with donation info
eberson7

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:36:22 AM

That move will surely degrade the reputation of this project if it is followed. We can't deny that most of the codes will be based from Raiblocks/Zsnarks codebase and patenting a code which is based from those won't help the project in anyway and i'm sure Felix is definitely against that idea.

Thank-you for the input guys! I was just testing the waters to see if it was even a viable option...
BitcoinBoy1337

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:30:36 AM

I don´t think many will use or even give it a chance with a closed source. No matter in the beginning, but after a decent time the codebase should be public, if not from the beginning. It helps to have some projects and apps build on it too

August1106

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:00:04 AM

I think  the codebase should be public too.  A closed source violates the original intention of the establishment of the digital  currency  system.
fedmahnkassad

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Twitter: @FedKassad

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:40:45 AM

How is the BTC and XRB distribution going to work? I believe it makes sense if it is proportional to the amount of BTC/XRB submitted for this destribution and not the total amounts of BTC and XRB in existence. In this way you can destibute quickly and without additional questions what to do with unclaimed coins etc.
Yodax

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:32:30 AM

I don´t think many will use or even give it a chance with a closed source. No matter in the beginning, but after a decent time the codebase should be public, if not from the beginning. It helps to have some projects and apps build on it too

I think it should be public also.
StoneSoup

Activity: 225

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:22:20 AM

I think open source is necessary for a number of reasons.

1. Trust, I want to see that the code is well written and reliable. With closed source, we would never know if there was either a deliberate undesirable bit of code or an accidental bug that got missed and that will show up later.
2. Continuity, if something happened to the developer of the code or maybe he just lost interest, we would be left high and dry and no improvement could be made and no fixes could be applied.
3. Perception, if it is felt that the developer is simply trying to control everything and not responsive, the community will break down and the coin will ultimately fail.

That said, I'm pretty sure it was stated that the code would be released once it is completed. I fully understand that since having people picking through your unfinished code and pointing to things you already know about is not fun. I also gives the flexibility to change direction part way through without a whole lot of decenting voices.

I am looking forward to the launch of testnet and really hope I will be allowed to participate. I want to get involved in this project in any way I can. I think this promises to be the perfect coin, RaiBlocks with privacy, just what is needed. I am ready to increase my donation nearer to the close off time and look forward to getting my hands on some of these coins to play with.

Felixandro, please let us know near the close off time for donations the value at that point in time of the donations. Thank you for developing this coin.

Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:57:55 AM

interesting project, congrats on cryptobridge listing
you plan on creating a bounty campaign?
would love to produce an article about STONE to steemit.

is there an active twitter and/or discord already?

thanks.

Where did you see it would be listed on CryptoBridge?

they just listed STONE coin
is it the same project or a different one?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
NDJC

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:33:48 PM

Looks like Stone is gaining some pace Smiley (inb4 newbie account Tongue)
Worldtokenindex

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:12:54 PM

I completely agree with Kencha77
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: