Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:28:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If ICO Fails, Then what happen next?  (Read 81855 times)
777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 01:52:42 PM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.
ico is a bridge to bring new utility, efficiency and convenience to the crypto ecosystem. Of course, each ICO project has its own policies to support their products. If softcap is not available, your funding will be refunded. Sometimes, things do not go that way. Therefore, selecting projects for investment is always the most necessary.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 01:53:49 PM

please if you wanna invest in any ICO try and ask all this information from the team before investing. Also from experience, I have discover that issue relating to this are sometime explained in whitepaper by some ICO. just visit the legal agreement section on the whitepaper to find information regarding this. I have read numerous whitepaper in which the team have already state that refund might not be possible.
RobotNIK

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

ADAB Solutions First crypto exchange Islamic Cryp

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:01:52 PM

It all depends on the project and on the team, but very often if the ICO does not reach the goal that is set, no one returns the funds!

ADAB Solutions
 First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto Exchange
http://www.adabsolutions.com
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:15:37 PM

If that's not the scam project and the development team are kind people they will refund you money. But you will face problems, involving exchange rate differences between buying ICO and receiving money back.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

It depends on how honest the people behind that ICO some developers return the funds to their investors if the project failed to reach the softcap, so it's very important to go for honest ICO developers, so in case it fails to generate enough funds, you can still get your money back.

Sanford

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:23:55 PM

Thank You Everyone.

There are projects that return money to investors. There are projects that hide with our money. What projects you put on, I do not know. It is possible that the project will return the money. This should be an official statement.
jatin729

Activity: 812
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 02:40:44 PM

Actually there is no third party for complaint about any ICO.
According to the report there are 80% of icos are scam and 20% are legit and out of 20% only 13% Of icos able to raise fund for development. I think you should be only investing in those 13% ICOs so that will get good return.
But if unfortunately you encountered that such situation where ICOs fail than there is no solution for particular issue. It might possible that company refund your money.

mcnocon2

Activity: 616
Merit: 18

📱CARTESI 📱INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:47:37 PM

Thank You Everyone.
That depends on the project you've invested with. But mostly, projects that didn't reach the softcap is refunding all of the raised funds throughout the ICO. However, if the team behind those projects are not legit they can exit scam with all of the funds raised.

██████████████  CARTESI 📱 LINUX INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCALABLE DAPPS  ██████████████
█▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇█
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:53:53 PM

Next step is mining fails, and its already happen.
Most of hardware not profitable today.

makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 02:58:26 PM

As far as I understand, a variant of the new process called STO is already being considered today, but there are correspondingly also very large holes in the system, so the most normal thing is to understand who we invest in.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:03:00 PM

please if you wanna invest in any ICO try and ask all this information from the team before investing. Also from experience, I have discover that issue relating to this are sometime explained in whitepaper by some ICO. just visit the legal agreement section on the whitepaper to find information regarding this. I have read numerous whitepaper in which the team have already state that refund might not be possible.

No refunds will be done if ICO failed?

That would be unfair for the investors who are just trying to fund them when its the marketing's fault that they didn't' get the softcap for the project. If the team isn't refunding that would fall into a scam which they could be sued for it. But normally the team would refund though.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Yarex

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:05:25 PM

Thank You Everyone.

Usually, if the project developers are honest people, then they return all the money to investors if the project has not collected Soft Cap.
However, there are a lot of scammers on the crypto market now. And if you doubt the project - it is better not to invest.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:26:25 PM

Actually there is no third party for complaint about any ICO.
According to the report there are 80% of icos are scam and 20% are legit and out of 20% only 13% Of icos able to raise fund for development. I think you should be only investing in those 13% ICOs so that will get good return.
But if unfortunately you encountered that such situation where ICOs fail than there is no solution for particular issue. It might possible that company refund your money.
- Indeed, all ico does not have a certain guarantee, every idea and development of the project belongs to an individual business, and this is an area outside the law, so no government or organization can help us when these projects fail or scam. Developers and companies of the project can always be a scammer at any time, and with such problems and risks, we consider and evaluate the factors surrounding a project and the developer is very important, it decides a lot of problems, if we choose a good developer and a company, even if they fail, our money can still return to full, with bad projects and developers, that would be the opposite

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
tranthiky

Activity: 200

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 03:32:59 PM

If the ICO fails, maybe they will refund your money or not. I think they will refund all money to investors instead of being a scammer. Be careful when you invest in a project. Consider whether the project team is real or not. If they are fake and the project fails, you will lose money.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
crzybilly

Activity: 703
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 04:19:55 PM

Usually if an ICO is legit, the project will refund all the investors in the nearest future and thats it. At least the projects team decide to continue the developing and move on with the roadmap even with the lack of investments.
capableuwa1
Copper Member

Activity: 420
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 04:30:15 PM

Thank You Everyone.
I have seen many situations whereby team refunds funds contributed to the ICO's back to Investors. In some cases the funds might not be complete. Maybe they might just refund part of half of what investors put into the projects. But this days it is almost impossible because projects have Softcap and hardcap.
babyxxbaby

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 04:32:44 PM

There are responsible founders of ICO and there are deceivers. Therefore, it is important to choose a very good project in which you want to invest. It is important that technical support works well - this is the key to a successful ISO. If such a project can not enter the exchange or collect an insufficient number of investments, they can return your money. But mostly return only part of your money.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 01:03:05 AM

No refunds will be done if ICO failed?

That would be unfair for the investors who are just trying to fund them when its the marketing's fault that they didn't' get the softcap for the project. If the team isn't refunding that would fall into a scam which they could be sued for it. But normally the team would refund though.
Actually I still think this to me is totally fair because it is has been stated and that is the main reason I always tell investors to read whitepaper and ask brainstorming question before investing in any ICO. In fact there are many ICO that I have seen that was categorically stated that there will be no refund and yet investors still complain of scam when the ICO doesnt make softcap. Elisia ICO was actually sold out during private sales.
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2018, 01:09:37 AM

Nope, you lose your money.

This isn't like buying something at the store, and if you don't like it you can return it.
From the very beginning, investing in crypto has been very risky.
And inside the crypto world, ICOs are the riskiest of them all.
OR, at least didn't you do at least a little bit of research and find the 100s and 100s of articles talking about what makes it risky.

In the real world, 90% of startups fail within the first 2 to 3 years.
It's the same in crypto, the vast majority of icos fail.

In this market especially, the risk is even worse. Putting things in perspective, I would recommend just not doing ICOS.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 22, 2018, 01:26:32 AM

Yes they will give you a refund unless the project you invested is totally a scam.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: