Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:29:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If ICO Fails, Then what happen next?  (Read 81855 times)
Maxpayne86

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 08:54:01 AM

If the dev team are good they will return all the money that they're gathered through the ICO phase if it completely fails, if not - they just will run away with the whole numbers  of investments
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 10:19:38 AM

There are two scenarios in situations like this , when the project are real , they refund
But fake projects die off

Always make researches and avoid crap like that
Don’t join the crowd
leow

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:07:29 PM

Unfortunately, if the ICO fails, then no one will return your money. Therefore, before investing, it is necessary to take a more detailed approach to this issue and study all possible information about the project independently.
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:10:42 PM

If the Founder and the team are reputable and legit. They will refund the ETH or some investment to the investor. If they intend to cheat from the beginning, they will hug money and disappear. You will never find them and you will lose them

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:11:48 PM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.
Generally if an ICO fails to reach its soft cap you should get your money back. The exceptions are if the people raising the money decide to reduce their soft cap and issue tokens anyway, or if you have inadvertantly invested in a scam in which case they won't issue tokens and won't send your money back.

daduremi

Activity: 252
Merit: 9

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:16:04 PM

will not be returned with an ICO that has failed because many have already lost money because of the failure of an ICO that promises to be successful. be careful because now many are deceived.
Mr.Ease

Activity: 1596
Merit: 534

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:24:25 PM

There are two scenarios in situations like this , when the project are real , they refund
But fake projects die off

Always make researches and avoid crap like that
Don’t join the crowd

This is true. Typically when a scam ICO cant raise enough funds to meet there softcap they decide to last minute, continue with "development" or atleast move on with investors money... They could raise $10 and still say that is "Plenty of funds for development"

Softcaps don't matter in a scam - only investors money.

Legit projects that don't make softcap return investments, go back to the drawing board, and attempt a new sale at a later time.

~ Too Many Scams, Schemes, and Shitcoins... ~
andytruongct

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:00:23 PM

Let's try to image. When you invest a ICO like you invest to buy the coin or token of that ICO. They pay to you by their coin or token. If their project have a wonderful success, the price of token or coin is flying, you can take your profit. If it's fail, i think they have no responsibility to pay you. In this aspect, i'm just taking about real ICO, not scam. If they want to scam, there are a lot of thing to talk about that
crypto_lisbao

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:01:41 PM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

If project will fail your investments will fail too.
I hope it's completely clear and understandable.
sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:05:02 PM

If ICO fails all investor will get disappointed and make their mind going crazy not investor also bounty hunters because they spend their time to support the ICO and the result is fail. I think it will make them crazy.
BlackBoxRecords

Activity: 280
Merit: 15

Pool of Stake

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 05:44:16 PM

Well, teams rarely decide that the ICO has failed unless they have just about zero. Many times they change the cap before deciding to do the honest thing that would be returning the funds.

█ ▌ We have created a Pool for Proof of Stake Blockchains  ▐ █
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ POOL OF STAKE ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
 ⮜⮜ LINKEDIN ⮞⮞ BITCOINTALK ⮞⮞ MEDIUM ⮞⮞ TWITTER ⮞⮞ FACEBOOK ⮞⮞ TELEGRAM ⮞⮞
CaMeRoNy

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:01:26 AM

If they are legal but just failed to raise the required amount then they will refund you your money but in 90 percent of the cases we do get caught by the scammers so I am willing to bet that with a 90 percent chance you will lose your money.

jouns

Activity: 812
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:16:22 AM

There are appearing projects that offer arbitration services, ICO runs on that platforms and if they do not collect the necessary funds to implement the project, the platform arbiter returns money to the participants. I know just one platform - Jury online, but I think in the future there will be much more.
Hulh

Activity: 148

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:42:55 AM

Whether ICO or not ICO is not at all critical. There are projects funded by investment funds that need no ICO. The implementation of the project to the public has many methods. I think the most popular method is the ICO, which will diversify the investors, more people know about that project

If the ICo fails and didn't meet the soft cap it will refund your investment if the ICO you invest is not scam.   If you invest In ICO ,it is better to do your own task to help the project be successful . If the ICO successfull ,you will also benefit of the success.
Mr.Gun

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:41:10 AM

Thank You Everyone.
Every project is z business, if the ICO that you invested with failed, then that part of business consider it a lose. Your money will not be return to you anymore.
There is no business on earth that risk free.
probably with many ICO's that fail because many scams in this project and can be called a scam project and premises so I do not know what will happen next because already many people are afraid to invest in ICO and choose to move investment in Crypto then from now this is already a lot of people who invest in Crypto and get many benefits

btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:04:09 AM

Thank You Everyone.
This will be depending on what kind of project you have invested and what kind of people behind this,because many or most of the ico now are scammers they dont really intend to reach even soft cap what they need is to attract investors and put money on their project and when theres enough money invested to that project they will run and go together with the money.

But if this is legitimate so the invested money will be return to the owner once the project fails,though sometimes not the exact amount because they have spend part of it to advertising

cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:23:40 AM

If ICO fails and you are investing on that ICO depends on the ICO if self. If they are a legit ICO they will refund your investment back to you but if that ICO is scammer so you will lose your money and never get return to you.
onemillionusd99

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:41:41 PM

If ICO Fails, the money of investors are returned very slowly and affect quite a lot of time of investors.
More serious money you can lose.
Wearegoodfrends

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:52:36 PM

If the ICO does not take place then you should return your investments to the wallet from which you transferred Ethereum. in full. If this does not happen then it is a deception of investors. Unfortunately, in this case it is already difficult to do anything.
whofeelsitknowsit

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:05:39 PM

If they fail to reach their targets, they will usually (but not always) provide refunds to investors.  But if you've invested and the project fails at some point in the future, you just lose your money -- that's the big risk you take.  In all cases, it's really important to do your research on the project, its principals and advisors, the whitepaper, etc.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: