Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:30:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If ICO Fails, Then what happen next?  (Read 81855 times)
coingecko

Activity: 247
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 06:20:06 AM

Unfortunately, ICO are not regulated and you could not reclaim your money as a lot of them do not have any company registered under any jurisdiction. However, regulators and many crypto industry leaders are working towards STO (Security Tokens Offering), these security tokens will be regulated, but there will be no escape that every trader will have to undergo extensive KYC to ensure the regulatory compliance of the Security Token exchanges.

Track bitcoin holdings by public companies and bitcoin price on CoinGecko
casternetwork

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:23:06 AM

if ico extend the public sale dates you can not take back your money. after extending period still soft cap not reached, the investment amount probably refund.

This is just a good ICO with the fact that you have encountered an error, the setting is ICO when you fail they will have nothing for you, and they can do everything to save their costs for you, or reward for you  Grin

Am I spamming? Report me!
VadikZimnyayaRezina

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:24:34 AM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.
The most rare phenomenon now is the return of money to investors, due to the shortfall to the soft cap. But basically you just lose all the money invested.

riska hanissa

Activity: 504
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:32:12 AM

Most ico when they don't reach the softcap, they will refund your funds
but not all ico like that, there are also many ico scammers
so be careful if you want to invest!

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
miklesm

Activity: 1078

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:55:13 AM

It depends on the project, but generally every ICO has a Soft Cap - an amount of money in USD or crypto, reaching which on the Token Sale means the project collected enough funds for the further development. If it is not reached, money must be returned to investors.
vasilev456

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 06:57:26 AM

It happens in different ways, if the project is not fraudulent, it is very likely that all your money will be returned to you!
Otsu

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:05:11 AM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

Basically, they will going to give back the funds from the investors especially if they can't be able to reach the soft cap. But I am not so sure on this because sometimes most of the failed ICO's are scammers. They are just stealing the money from the people here.
paxaway21

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:09:35 AM

Lot of ico fails get scammed and tooking their money away but lot of them also get paid by tokens and there not entering their token in a crypto exchange.

That's correct I also experienced this in every Ico that i've already joined lot of them also refunding investors funds if they don't reach softcap or the minimum amount they need.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:16:21 AM

If an ICO fail to raise their funds and they are real and committed to its investors then this will happen.

1. there will a public announcement from the team about the failure of the project.
2. they will give back the money or the amount that investors send to them back to its orginal wallet.
3. They will leave the community in well mannered and everyone is served.

bounty participants will not have their payment due to failure of the project.

nice enoumerations you got there bro but that's not always the case that could happen if an ico fails because most ico wont actaully announce it .  they wont also return the money from investors .  they will also  vanished instantly like a smoke  and lastly the bounty hunters wont get paid  .   that is because the ico are scam  . what happen next ?  they will create a new ico again with a new look and a new team , design , members , etc ...   
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:22:59 AM

As a rule, if ICO did not collect the necessary funds, the money is returned to investors .. but unfortunately not everything is fair and I urge you to be careful, before investing your money, carefully study the project
Gabmot

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:28:27 AM

Many ICO out there are such that will run with investors money once they notice things ain't working out as planned. Only a stringent few still want to seek the decision of investors. One project i have seen done this is Ethernaltrust. Investors asked for a refund and they did obliged.

That is why it's important to check well any project one is joining to.
dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:53:10 AM

Thank You Everyone.
Most failed ICO projects will not be refunded, so make a cautious choice before investing.
agusiska

Activity: 630
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:54:50 AM

If some ico fail, and you already invest on it, mean you lost your money for sure, maybe because that project was scam from the start.

[IXINIUM ] Transactions In Seconds, Backed By Real 100% Insured Assets.
| ❱  ANN  ◽  WHITEPAPER  ❰ |    ❪  JOIN OUR PRE-ICO  ❫
►►►►►►►   ▲ TELEGRAM   ▲ TWITTER
budakjawa

Activity: 471

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 07:59:32 AM

As a rule, if ICO did not collect the necessary funds, the money is returned to investors .. but unfortunately not everything is fair and I urge you to be careful, before investing your money, carefully study the project
learning is important because knowledge is needed in carrying out any project. yes if the ICO fails the money will be returned, but still you have to be careful because there are still many ICO scams so before you join, you know the project in detail first.

CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:06:53 AM

if the ICO fails or does not reach the softcap, the funds should be returned to investors, but there are also projects that continue to force the development of projects with little ICO funds, so the conclusion depends on the project developer in the initial agreement. go on

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:09:18 AM

Mostly project run 2nd 3rd 4th and etc stages of ICO, then say what this funds enough to continue developing, then search cheap exchange for listing and then gone to make another ico

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
guffie

Activity: 546

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:19:44 AM

ICO failed because they did not reach the minimum sales target. As I experienced, they will return investor funds. But if they want to continue the development of the ICO, so they will increase the duration of the ICO. And that will continue until the sales target can be reached.
Crypt0Pro

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:34:03 AM

I agree with most replies above, that if the project is real and can't reach the soft cup, money will be refunded. But first of all, you should check the project correctly, whether it's a trustworthy ICO or a scam. Check their website, whitepaper, core team members and social media before investing.
winstonchurchillwar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:43:53 AM

Thank You Everyone.
As far as I know, when the ICO does not collect enough money and can not promote the project, they return the money to investors, but it is possible that they will just go to the exchange and look for investors from outside.
bboyjohn

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:44:04 AM

If an ico results in a failure, the biggest problem is those who invest. Bounty participants do not lose money, they wasted their time. But people who invest in ethereum or another coin face the risk of losing their money. Maybe they cant get money back Sad

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: