Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:22:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If ICO Fails, Then what happen next?  (Read 81855 times)
sertans
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:44:46 AM

It can be so complicated sometimes. If the project is not legit then they say we will go on private investors, generally you will never know who was the private investors. Most of them do not make publicity of their investments. We really need to check white paper and what kind of rights we have about the project. (They must declare what will do the money if do not reach their softcap).
Zero1One0

Activity: 625
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:54:29 AM

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.

Most of the Terms and Conditions of being a contributor in an ICO states that - the tokens that you swapped eth, ltc or btc for may or may not have value.
It is your own personal risk as a contributor.

Take note: Investors and Contributors have very different meanings. Crypto is unregulated that's why contributor is being used as a term for anyone participating in an ICO.

ShareRing        ███  █    Telegram     █  ███          ShareRing
██   The world's first trusted token for sharing services   ██
██   One way to pay for sharing everything ██   no matter what it is or where you are   ██
minttop

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:20:41 AM

Originally ICO should compensate funds to tokenholders, but in reality it happens opposite and everybody doesn't return funds, what is more, people are greedy and they just disappear.
That's why ICOs should be regulated

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⚫     ViteX     ⚫ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▐ ███████|     Exchange By The Community, For The Community     |███████ ▌
Bitcointalk  |  DEX  |  Telegram  |  Twitter  |  Vite Wallet  |  Vite Forum  |  Discord
temilade200

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:34:04 AM

ICOs usually have two targets, which are softcap and hardcap.
Softcap is the minimum required funding, for a project to take off.
Hardcap is the maximum required funding to fulfill all that is stated in the roadmap and for other future developments that might be integrated.
If the project reaches its softcap, then the project will proceed without the return of fund.
If not, funds are expected to be returned.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:44:18 AM

If the project team conducted the ICO with good intentions but the fundraising failed, then they are obliged to return all funds to investors, in this case the bounty hunters do not receive any payments. However, much more often the project team is hiding with investor funds, which undermines confidence in the crypto market.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:45:01 AM

If they are legit but they couldn't collect amount that is needed to start the project they will give back your investment.
If they are scammers they can run away with your money. There's no regular law for this situation.
LOL, THis is the new way of scamming people. Actually it is already happening where the ETH invested on the project was more than 200 USD per ETH. As we all know that the ETH collected was converted to fiat currency like USD. Now, they seem to use this method seeing ETH market price goes to 100 USD so they will refund the investor in ETH they contributed. ETH now is only 100 USD which is cheap because of the downfall market trend so it is easier for the team to make the refund.
Pithaxz

Activity: 452
Merit: 2

EPSILOAN.xyz

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 10:50:48 AM

if you are an ico investor, it is likely that when ico cannot fulfill the softcap stage your money can be returned by them if you are lucky with an honest team, usually fake teams do not guarantee your funds can come back again.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
monster2

Activity: 448
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:27:20 AM

If the ICO does not succeed in its softcap or does not raise funds from investors it is certain that no bounty hunters can get rewards. but on the part of investors there is a return to the money they invested. but even though the bounty hunters have to borrow and promote their ICO.

INVECH - SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE - INVECH (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5052844.0)
profitgenerator212

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:18:57 PM

Most of them will flee and don't care about those who invest in their projects. They will steal all that money and declare the scam. But there are still some good projects that will return money to investors, but very few such projects.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:51:20 PM

If they are honest they pay back people who already invested in the project.

If they are crooks, they run away with the little funds they had.

Felipeo

Activity: 476
Merit: 262

EOSABC

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 12:59:12 PM

It depends on the project and the team. If the project is failed on ICO stage or failed to reach the hardcap then some of the ICO give you back your money. And there is lots of example that company is returning investors money. But the project is there to scam people they will never give you a penny back. So it's fully depends on the company. That's why you have to do some research before investing anywhere. But if the project is failed in the development stage there is nothing to do with that. So be careful wherever you invest just do some research on your own then invest.

◆Telegram  ♠️ ♣️ ♥️ ♦️    www.eosabc.io   ♦️ ♣️ ♥️ ♠️  ◆Whitepaper
♠️   EOSABC redefine games with blockchain   ♠️
♥️  Win EOS on eosabc.io Everyday    ♥️
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:00:00 PM

ICO failed because they did not reach the minimum sales target. As I experienced, they will return investor funds. But if they want to continue the development of the ICO, so they will increase the duration of the ICO. And that will continue until the sales target can be reached.
- Of course, if the ICO fails, the developer will return the money to the investors or they will continue to expand ico for a while to achieve softcap but this is a story in the past, now is another story, ico projects in the present time are not reliable when the scam is becoming too much. Instead of refunding money to investors, developers will disappear suddenly, many projects have developed in this direction, that makes investors lose a lot of money, with bounty hunters, which is a very sad thing for them when they spend too much time and effort on projects.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 01:19:08 PM

I have invested some project before, some project if they have not reached their softcap, it will return your fund automatic, but some project will not refund it, it base of the project team and their announcement, so better to contact the team if the ICO is fail.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
devinks

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:00:31 PM

ICO failed because they did not reach the minimum sales target. As I experienced, they will return investor funds. But if they want to continue the development of the ICO, so they will increase the duration of the ICO. And that will continue until the sales target can be reached.
if you get an ICO who wants to be responsible like that now, because now many ICOs fail that don't want to return investor money. that often happens when ICO fails
wxganz

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:24:16 AM

I think you have already dealt with this issue. But if you did not understand I want to tell you what reimbursement your investment will be only partial. And in the worst case, it will not happen at all and the ICO project will disappear or be frozen.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
judyrob

Activity: 798
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 06:33:01 AM

many of the ICO fails and if it could not reach the target then the money will be returned. but whether it will be intact or get a piece of it will depend on the policies of ICO. therefore do not let wrong in entering ICO especially when many are popping up at this time. Choose ICO like OREToken becomes a differentiator among many ICO scam and failed. OREToken is trusted because it is part of the gold mining company and certainly this derivation of the ICO are quite promising. the more perfect with blockchain then the OREToken will be the next big ICO.
Fuhre

Activity: 644
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:01:55 PM

If the ICO project is not a fraud, then the Investor will get their money back, or ICO can be continued with a different time / title / theme / concept than before. different if it turns out that the ICO project you are following is fraud / Scam, chances are that your money will be taken away.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:19:27 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2019, 10:29:02 AM by masterrex

There are many ICO is running at the same time. Maximum ICO can't be success. So, if I invest in any ICO and if they can't be success then what will happen with my money? Will they give me back me my money or not? I am so confused. So, please kindly inform me.

Thank You Everyone.
I think its always have a two obvious answer for your question, if the people who run that ICO has not reach its objective or softcap if those people are Honest and reliable person they must sent back away your funds maybe half or full. But if the people who run the failed ICO campaign is not honest and shady in nature well dont expect to take back your investment or considered it like already lost. ICO's is a like a gambling that you need to speculate and hoping that it would be favorable to you.
chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:24:44 PM

If an ICO is not a scam, they will return your funds within several weeks. It is a normal process that is taking place after failed TGE. But it can be that the team decides to reduce the soft cap or continue developing their project even with collected sum of money.
arkawa040

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 04:37:07 PM

Thank You Everyone.
If the ICO turned out to be a fraud, then no one will return your money to you, but more than once I was in such a situation when companies either did not collect the required amount, or did not pass by the laws, returned the money to their investors. Therefore, when investing, you must be identified, so that your payment would remain in history, and in case of emergency you will be returned your money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: