Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:10:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 08:47:06 PM

I started the client yesterday with the mining option. It showed that i actually mined 2096 coins but the wallet was not synced. I switched the wallet off accidentally and when i switched it back on there was no info saying anything about mined coins and the wallet shows 0. I thought that maybe it has to get synced but now it is synced and the account is still 0. Is it possible that i actually mined something and the coins are lost?

How the hell were you able to mine so many coins in this short time???

Well, if your wallet was not completely synced , you did in fact "time travel" and mined as if you were in july 2013 or something...

That shouldn't have happend.

When your wallet eventually synchronized with the network your wallet showed 0, which is correct, because those 2096 are invalid.

You should only wallet-mine after your wallet is fully synced.

Mines been stuck at 3 hours remaining since this morning

Terrible.
why those persistant synchronization problems? How can we fix this?
I already have two daemons running on my two linux servers... and I see about 120 users connected to each one of them.

People should leave their wallets open.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mar69theone

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:49:09 PM

I thought that i found the block which is 2096. How was it possible that it was actually showing the coins mined.
solidshotnosh

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:49:22 PM

I started the client yesterday with the mining option. It showed that i actually mined 2096 coins but the wallet was not synced. I switched the wallet off accidentally and when i switched it back on there was no info saying anything about mined coins and the wallet shows 0. I thought that maybe it has to get synced but now it is synced and the account is still 0. Is it possible that i actually mined something and the coins are lost?

Well, if your wallet was not completely synced , you did in fact "time travel" and mined as if you were in july 2013 or something...

When your wallet eventually synchronized with the network your wallet showed 0, which is correct, because those 2096 are invalid.

Terrible.
I already have two daemons running on my two linux servers... and I see about 120 users connected to each one of them.

Unrelated question, If I were to rent some instances from Amazon, do you think they would throttle me for using the cpu 100% of the time?
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 08:53:35 PM

Terrible.

Unrelated question, If I were to rent some instances from Amazon, do you think they would throttle me for using the cpu 100% of the time?

Eventually. Like webhosters, their businessplan is not really based on every customer using 100% of the CPU. They would not make any profit, or would have to rise the prices a tenfold.
Much like webhosters who share many hundreds of 100 gb userslots on only a 3 Terabyte server, because almost all users are NOT going to use the full 100 Gbyte although they have signed up for it.

In this effect, you are at the moment VERY EXPENSIVE for amazon. And they will do something against it, sooner or later.
A new clause in the contract or something... wait for it.

solidshotnosh

Activity: 307

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:57:50 PM

Terrible.

Eventually. Like webhosters, their businessplan is not really based on every customer using 100% of the CPU. They would not make any profit, or would have to rise the prices a tenfold.
Much like webhosters who share many hundreds of 100 gb userslots on only a 3 Terabyte server, because almost all users are NOT going to use the full 100 Gbyte although they have signed up for it.

In this effect, you are at the moment VERY EXPENSIVE for amazon. And they will do something against it, sooner or later.
A new clause in the contract or something... wait for it.

If I were to maybe use the instances for 10 hours out of the day, or maybe alternated on off time in intervals, you think that may go by unnoticed?

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 08:59:57 PM

If I were to maybe use the instances for 10 hours out of the day, or maybe alternated on off time in intervals, you think that may go by unnoticed?

Try it. I only use my own hardware, so I can't say. :-)
But I do some webhosting, hence my answer.

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:26:15 PM

Im still waiting for a reply, this is a pic from qrk.coinmine.pl website:

I've been mining for an hour and on the cmd window there is activity, im at 20kH/s per core and finding new blocks constantly but I have 0.0 QRK. What a scam.

Relog, I had the same problem yesterday.

Don't just assume somethings a scam out your own ignorance.

I already did, still 0.0

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 09:59:56 PM

We have almost all quarks mined.
What will happen after there will be no one left to mine? What with miners and confirmation of transsactions. What with the price?

cryptocoinmkt.com

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:15:48 PM

I've been mining for an hour and on the cmd window there is activity, im at 20kH/s per core and finding new blocks constantly but I have 0.0 QRK. What a scam.

http://i40.tinypic.com/ibdst4.png

Even at a slow speed, you should still be getting something

Only shortly after when your mining pool has "accepted" a share of work and gives you a "Yay" message, then your KH/s will show up for a short time (5 minutes).  Then it will go back to 0.0 Kh/s , until the next time one of the worker threads gets another share of work "accepted".  If nothing is accepted then the Kh/s value stays at 0.0 Kh/s.

That is what my observation has been for the last 4 days of mining Quark.

Also, noticed that with a Dual Core CPU with 2 threads running , it takes quite a long time to get one share of work "accepted". 

20Kh/s is quite slow.  On my i7 Quade Core laptop I am getting 65Kh/s on 2 threads for total of 200 Kh/s roughly.

Also, this is NOT a scam, you just have to get the technicals right.    I just bought 600 Quarks today, will buy more as price drops or level out.   

Question:   What type of CPU are you mining on?   AMD or Intel ?  What model?

What type of CPU are you mining on?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:21:02 PM

Price went down, sigh.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:22:55 PM

Price went down, sigh.

Time to buy more if you have the BTC.

cryptocoinmkt.com

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:28:50 PM

What will happen after there will be no one left to mine? What with miners and confirmation of transsactions. What with the price?

Based on the descriptions provided at the beginning of this thread.

* Total of 247 million QRK will be mined in ~ 6 months, after that ~ 1 million QRK p.a. (~ 0.5% p.a inflation)*

So after 247 million coins get mined, then after that 1 million per annum (year), with a max inflation per annum of 0.5%.

If you know that 1 Billion =  1000 Million , then this has quite a ways to go if you compare it to the U.S dollar which has printed well over 17 Trillion dollars flooding the world with cheap, toilet paper currency.

Most people don't realize that the United States will never be able to pay back its debt, even 1 Trillion dollars is daunting.

Definition of a Trillion: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trillion

Getting back to Quark, so it will take 53 years after 247 million coins to hit 300 million coins, I think that is perfectly acceptable and enough to become a world crypto currency for the trade / transactions with a fair amount of security and stability.

My only concern right now, is that there isn't enough "Mining Pools" right now, there should be more being set up.

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:30:38 PM

Even at a slow speed, you should still be getting something

Only shortly after when your mining pool has "accepted" a share of work and gives you a "Yay" message, then your KH/s will show up for a short time (5 minutes).  Then it will go back to 0.0 Kh/s , until the next time one of the worker threads gets another share of work "accepted".  If nothing is accepted then the Kh/s value stays at 0.0 Kh/s.

That is what my observation has been for the last 4 days of mining Quark.

Also, noticed that with a Dual Core CPU with 2 threads running , it takes quite a long time to get one share of work "accepted". 

20Kh/s is quite slow.  On my i7 Quade Core laptop I am getting 65Kh/s on 2 threads for total of 200 Kh/s roughly.

Also, this is NOT a scam, you just have to get the technicals right.    I just bought 600 Quarks today, will buy more as price drops or level out.   

Question:   What type of CPU are you mining on?   AMD or Intel ?  What model?

What type of CPU are you mining on?

I, I got like 0.03 uncomfirmed now. I have a Q6600. I have an i5 laptop. If I want to mine with my laptop at the same time, do I need to create a new worker?

Anyway, i'll invest like half a bitcoin on this and that's about. This coin will never be valued near LTC, let alone BTC. It will maybe have a small period of highs after media hype, but then the price will quickly go down, I think this coin wants to have a stable price as quick as possible and it will not be high. Im not saying it's a bad coin, im saying it will be in my opion used for everyday transactions because of it's fast speed (at least for now) but the value will be low. If you want to get rich, that boat was called 2011 Bitcoin and it already passed. People will hoard BTC because everyone assumes the price will keep going to the moon. This coin will not. I can't believe Bill Still said Quark can surpass BTC. The guy is going to have a lot of hate. If you can think straight you'll know thats just dumb.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:33:53 PM

* Total of 247 million QRK will be mined in ~ 6 months, after that ~ 1 million QRK p.a. (~ 0.5% p.a inflation)*

So after 247 million coins get mined, then after that 1 million per annum (year), with a max inflation per annum of 0.5%.

If you know that 1 Billion =  1000 Million , then this has quite a ways to go if you compare it to the U.S dollar which has printed well over 17 Trillion dollars flooding the world with cheap, toilet paper currency.

Most people don't realize that the United States will never be able to pay back its debt, even 1 Trillion dollars is daunting.

Getting back to Quark, so it will take 53 years after 247 million coins to hit 300 million coins, I think that is perfectly acceptable and enough to become a world crypto currency for the trade / transactions with a fair amount of security and stability.

My only concern right now, is that there isn't enough "Mining Pools" right now, there should be more being set up.

Thank you for this detailed answer.
But will it affect the price of quarkcoin - reaching 247mln coins?

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:35:17 PM

Price went down, sigh.

Price went back up, woohoo!
mnightwaffle

Activity: 1002
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:38:05 PM

It might go up again. There are a lot of competitors out there in crypto that present their coin much better than quark - qrk website is pretty but other sites make me more of a comfortable buyer..

We'll see in the next few months.
cryptocoinmkt.com

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:50:28 PM

That is a very hard question to answer. As when speaking about any markets, the price is a equilibrium of supply and demand , as well as perception and sentiment.

With all these factors, it is quite hard to predict.  Generally, the more currency produced the more the supply, and hence a large supply can reduce price.  However with Quark, the addition to supply is only 1 million coins per year, so it is not a huge dramatic influx of new currency.  Given, that the demand for Quark coins outpaces 1 million coins per year then logic states that the demand should drive up the price....but again the world of markets, whether it be FOREX, stock market, commodities ....anything can happen.

pabloangello
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:53:40 PM

That is a very hard question to answer. As when speaking about any markets, the price is a equilibrium of supply and demand , as well as perception and sentiment.

With all these factors, it is quite hard to predict.  Generally, the more currency produced the more the supply, and hence a large supply can reduce price.  However with Quark, the addition to supply is only 1 million coins per year, so it is not a huge dramatic influx of new currency.  Given, that the demand for Quark coins outpaces 1 million coins per year then logic states that the demand should drive up the price....but again the world of markets, whether it be FOREX, stock market, commodities ....anything can happen.

Couse it will be harder and harder to mine more coins and the main number will be reached (247mln) then more work must be done to get some quarks, hence it should rise in price. Am I correct?
Also soon it will be added to btc38.com  -  http://www.btc38.com/altcoin/

INSeed

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:16:17 PM

Guys

Today few of qrk.coinmine.pl miners found an exploit to cash out more coins that they actually mined and hot wallet was completely dry out. This exploit was possible because of site upgrade I was doing and its not related to pool software.

I know this was kind of my fault but I am kindly asking honest users to give back Quarks to this address: QY9f1fRFMv3xJha9XH637k2Yey1WSkvGBA

Will appreciate your cooperation.

feeleep

I should have received a 100 QRK auto-payout today which does appear in the website in transaction list, it is marked as "Confirmed", but my wallet is still empty, and the 100 qrk are gone from my pool account. What should I do?
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420

Bayern

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:16:00 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 02:22:11 AM by Robert Lewandowski

It might go up again. There are a lot of competitors out there in crypto that present their coin much better than quark - qrk website is pretty but other sites make me more of a comfortable buyer..

We'll see in the next few months.

Yes you guys have to work on your marketing a little bit more, branch out Quark. Plus, polish your website a little bit more. With the proper plan this coin could be huge. Good luck

Edit: DigitalCoin recently put out a preview of their website, Check it out.

http://digitalcoin.cloudvent.net/
Pages: « 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 [99] 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: