Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:25:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031112 times)
mcphervi

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:41:54 AM

Thunderclap SHAQS the Ground and The Quark Network ROARS to Max Speed!

Breaking news - Quark Thunderclap is Live and New Quark Wallet from Max Guevara with new Seed Node Servers!
SHAQ The Ground. Let's Reinvent Money Together - Join Us!

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9706-let-s-reinvent-money-together
www.qrk.cc/press
Follow @quarkpress
Vic
Jeezy911

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:24:27 AM

Anyone know exactly when we will reach 1 coins blocks?

mcphervi

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:50:39 AM

qrk needs to get some people at the helm that have some qrk and are interested in pushing it further.

the main issue is that since there was no premine, and everyone could mine it for weeks and months.........there was no big holder that was leading the community.

The original dev just vanished for months.

DI has done a LOT for qrk.  

I am reading on qrk board about developments for this and that is pretty much wasted effort.. i nobody donating there either.

What QRK needs is a professional marketing team and some privately funded projects. I agree with that suggestion that i have seen made.

Donations do not work, nobody donates (gives away) money.

1. set up some projects for services we all agree are required.

2. these services charge a service fee.

3. this service fee rewards people that invested.

get back on this board. Forget all the other qrk boards and pages. There is nobody over there except those that already involved with qrk.

I see lots of wallets with qrk stored away.... i see people slapping in 4-5btc orders in one hit now and then on the qrk buy orders..... what are they doing and what are they waiting for?

Quarks dev just commented on Reddit in this topic: www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/201ir1/ive_just_used_the_first_bitcoin_atm_in_london_and/

His comment: "The best way to contact me is on Bitcontalk as user "Max Guevara". I have enabled issues on Github. You can also submit pull requests if you'd like to contribute changes to Quark. Regards."

Also we have a project almost completed which can cause a media buzz http://www.reddit.com/r/QuarkCoin/comments/1zyoow/shaq_funding_drive_thread/

Also check this, Shaqs dev team made a shout out to Quark https://www.facebook.com/ShaqFuALegendReborn

Actually that is some very interesting stuff right there. I enjoyed reading that.

The thing is i think some private funding of some big projects is what qrk requires. People however do not give quarks away. The donations are slow coming and the devs didn't premine or instamine so they don't have a lot of qrk to splash out on things.

We need some projects where the people funding them get some return. This would accelerate getting qrk to where we want it to go.

There can be any number of services that can charge a small fee (even just 2%) that over time would give great returns to those investors that funded the project.

QRK is one of the most talked about and known coins, it has dropped no more than most coins in value even ltc has dropped from 50 to 14. QRK still has a lot of value and these projects would not be that hard to get funding for if investors were to get a proportional return.

I still wonder is qrk needs more security on the chain in future, i leave my cpus on it and others do to. How hard would it be to implement pos on this and how much would that help secure the chain?

However, back to the services we could fund. The android wallet is awesome, i know apple is anti crypto anything .... is there anyway around their operating systems to get a mobile wallet out to them? would it require jailbreaking their iphones and ipads?

Let's imagine we could raise the equiv of 500k-1M USD for a service... what kind of things could we aim for?

These are all very reasonable and insightful questions. I'm thinking but still don't have a definite answer. One of the major hurdles to coin use is having a reliable bitpay like service. However, litepaid currently provides payment services, and as per a tweet from moolah, they are adding Quark as well, and they have website front ends as well as point of service machines. After that, it's marketing, strengthening the block chain/network, which we are moving towards (foundation mining pool, see my news article from today re: seed nodes as well as Max's new wallet update).

Is there something specifically you have in mind or have seen created for bitcoin that would help us and provide the return you're seeking?
DannyTom

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:08:29 AM

PoS would be nice or a large upswing in active usage so miners, especially late adopters would gain more returns.  Otherwise incentive to mine is decreasing exponetially.

Anyone know when the Quark mobile wallet will no longer be in BETA?

BTQ:  17NEp7WtUZt4V5RiFP6YHxD1hcte7U3sB8
LTC:  LeyXcTFxC5Ku3KDUyhwDHtLko1JwChd99h
FTC:  6n56LJKYrdgmsougCCjenLFtpPTcjFQ829
whyenot

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:34:02 AM

Updated Windows wallet available - 0.8.3r18

huge change in the orphan rate since the new wallet app was released.

http://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/orphaned-qrk.html

fork?
Wubbllez

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 05:43:39 AM

Anyone know exactly when we will reach 1 coins blocks?
hit that a while ago
Leo75

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 09:58:02 AM

Quark is going from strength to strength. It may not always look like it on this forum but that is because we have been focussed on building up the community and developing Quark's infrastructure; publicity and marketing have not been our strong points so far. However, there is a LOT happening. We have recognised that we need to do more awareness-raising.

Quark is going to be huge: It is incredibly fast and it is the most secure coin there is, at a time when the security of cryptocoins is becoming a major issue, and transaction speed will become an issue for any coin that wants to move beyond enthusiasts and into the mainstream.

There is still time to get in. The price has taken a knock along with all the other coins and a lot of people don't know just how uniquely good this coin is...yet. 
mcphervi

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 11:43:28 AM

fork?

We're investigating - at this time, thanks a to a quick email from Max, there is NO FORK detected. I'll let him further confirm though.

Vic
Max Guevara

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Quark developer

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:04:34 PM

fork?

We're investigating - at this time, thanks a to a quick email from Max, there is NO FORK detected. I'll let him further confirm though.

Vic

No fork detected on this side. I checked several nodes running both the old and new version of the wallet/daemon and they are all in sync.

Quark has both hard-coded checkpoints and broadcast check-points to mitigate forks in the block-chain.

If anyone would like to double-check that they are on the correct chain:

Code:
getblockhash 716590
0000000002b691588888763201805d6dc9ba679f83df5c3e655f64d1a8457b0a
c4shm3n

Activity: 719
Merit: 500

CLOAK Private,Secure & Untraceable Digitalcurrency

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 12:05:57 PM

people lets vote together! give you voice and help quark to rise!

Thank you!!!

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | CloakCoin Private, Secure, Untraceable & Decentralized Digitalcurrency |  Enigma
Chat | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Forum |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram | Faucet
anonuser777

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:14:53 PM

Quark is going to be huge: It is incredibly fast and it is the most secure coin there is, at a time when the security of cryptocoins is becoming a major issue, and transaction speed will become an issue for any coin that wants to move beyond enthusiasts and into the mainstream.

Fast doesn't really mean anything, you have to wait for more confirmations anyway to ensure a secure transaction. More confirmations = more time. It's a zero-sum game. Darkcoin has 11 rounds of different hashing so you could argue that that is the most secure, not quark. You're trying really hard to get people interested, but the fact remains that it's mined out. No one wants to mine a mined out coin, and no one wants to buy off bagholders.
JamesZ

Activity: 26

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:21:57 PM

The Foundation has purchased 4 seed nodes.

To add them in your current wallet

1 Open your wallet
2 Help
3 Debug
4 Open tab Console
5 Type the following codes (1 line at a time and press enter)

addnode seed1.quarkfoundation.cc add
addnode seed2.quarkfoundation.cc add
addnode seed3.quarkfoundation.cc add
addnode seed4.quarkfoundation.cc add

Future wallet releases will have these seed nodes hardcoded.
mcphervi

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 12:36:55 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 01:21:16 PM by mcphervi

Fast doesn't really mean anything, you have to wait for more confirmations anyway to ensure a secure transaction. More confirmations = more time. It's a zero-sum game. Darkcoin has 11 rounds of different hashing so you could argue that that is the most secure, not quark. You're trying really hard to get people interested, but the fact remains that it's mined out. No one wants to mine a mined out coin, and no one wants to buy off bagholders.

Fast IS important. If you are using a point of service device to purchase in a store, you can get several confirmations within 30s-1min for Quark, unlike other coins. This provides a close approximation to using a debit or credit card and provides the merchant security and insurance against fraudulent transactions.

Darkcoin will never get widely accepted. The name screams black market, as does the anonymity which will cause mainstream adopters to shy away. It will have a large and important niche - but in a different sector than Quark. We can, and desire to co-exist.

Everyone keeps screaming that the coin is mined out. Are they in this to make a quick buck or to establish a viable payment system? Quark has real benefits over bitcoin for merchants and service providers. It is a quality product, and if you want to make money, you can invest in it as it increases its market share. Also, the Quark Foundation mining pool is coming down the pipeline, as well as an auto mining wallet which will use a small proportion of your CPU power to mine and support the network. As the adoption increases, and the average number of wallets open at any time increases, the Quark hash rate will increase on its own, ensuring its survival.

Support a Quality product and service. Support Quark.

Support the THUNDERCLAP

Vic
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:16:44 PM

thats a tiny bit ironic considering your signature has Premine coin in it ?

of course it looks dead here - this is a development forum plus a forum full of increasingly angry miners that are losing profit due to the slow/fast death of both SCRYPT and SHA256 as decentralized algos.

if we tied Quark to this boat it would surely sink just like the MtGox set up, no , with all due respect we will seek new waters, anyone here that sees outside the narrow confines of a mining profitability calculator can come along for the ride, if not, that's really no problem.

in fact with all due respect it remains to be seen if Crypto really has much of a future in the USA at all, with all the trusted exchanges now in Russia or China, and lots of services popping up in both EU proper and Eastern EU / Dev nations.

it looks like the combined effort of Regulation and the Banks that run the Government are going to turn some parts of the "west" and specifically the USA into a Soviet Crypto state.

the rest of the world will move forward.

a good way to look at it is , Russia China and the BRICs are "Android" and the West and the USA are "iOS".

there will be a clear winner and loser here.

so should Quark tie its self to a loser nation run by Banks , or try to develop anywhere it can but specifically in the areas that are obviously less risky, fortunately intelligent US citizen can come along for the ride as Crypto is supranational.

some will lots won't , that life , that's the free market.

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:22:26 PM

Another person who does not see things as they actually are.. QRK has a great foundation, and great community and is very well known. Mining means nothing as has been explained to you a million times over. It is merely a form of distribution, the fact is qrk is distributed via the market and has been for months, the mining stage is no longer needed. It is good actually since cost of maintaining price is very cheap. The market price you are seeing is nothing more drastic that the ltc drop or most other alts.

Also if you know anything at all you will see there is only a tiny fraction of qrk for sale at anytime compared to the over all minting. The market value is so EASY to manipulate just a few btc like 10.... can move the price 50% either way.

The big wallets never move their qrk it is locked in. These people are not selling.

However if you watch carefully you can see exactly what is happening .... i watch the market CONSTANTLY.  Watch it yourself.

Whales are dripping the market price down with little bits...... trying to get panic sellers to dump largish chunks.... then all of a sudden BOOM 5 BTC order comes in and takes away the big chunk. Happens over and over. Keep watching.  Someone or some people want qrk for cheap and are sucking it up chunks so as not to bump the price back up.

Where qrk is succeeding is at the top level, they are working on non gimmicky things with a view to seeing qrk accepted where btc and ltc will be ...and forget a lot of new blood likes to see gimmicks or really not gimmicks but tangible useful things they can see are fun or useful to them now. This is where qrk is not doing as well as other coins. They have a LOT of wealth in this coin they should be pushing out services privately funded that give returns to investors that fund the creation of that service.

However long-term qrk is a great buy, if you are a serious crypto investor without qrk in your portfolio then something is certainly wrong with your portfolio.

Right now 90% of coins are slumped including LTC.... that does not mean these are not the coins to be in looking to the mid- long term.

I hold over 100 different coins.... however i will always have a good % of qrk in there. Same for doge and ltc. I do dip in and out trying to increase my number of coins so i like dips and spikes.

digitalindustry

Activity: 798

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 01:44:51 PM

speaking of non gimmicky Merchant of the week has to go to:

APPs for Coins - here essentially is the future of Quark type payments, notice these guys "get it" hosting Quark and Bitcoin.

Bitcoin because its known and in the market Quark because its the future of micro transactions.

1000++ points for selling Communist iOS APPS for Free-market Crypto !  

http://www.appsforcoins.com/?currency=QRK

Apps for Coins is the perfect example of a great mico business, they should add a donation 1% option like Pock.io.

ive already purchased APPs its great, i gave them away to the poor unfortunate that own Apple products ha ha .

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
anonuser777

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:16:36 PM

thats a tiny bit ironic considering your signature has Premine coin in it ?

of course it looks dead here - this is a development forum plus a forum full of increasingly angry miners that are losing profit due to the slow/fast death of both SCRYPT and SHA256 as decentralized algos.

if we tied Quark to this boat it would surely sink just like the MtGox set up, no , with all due respect we will seek new waters, anyone here that sees outside the narrow confines of a mining profitability calculator can come along for the ride, if not, that's really no problem.

in fact with all due respect it remains to be seen if Crypto really has much of a future in the USA at all, with all the trusted exchanges now in Russia or China, and lots of services popping up in both EU proper and Eastern EU / Dev nations.

it looks like the combined effort of Regulation and the Banks that run the Government are going to turn some parts of the "west" and specifically the USA into a Soviet Crypto state.

the rest of the world will move forward.

a good way to look at it is , Russia China and the BRICs are "Android" and the West and the USA are "iOS".

there will be a clear winner and loser here.

so should Quark tie its self to a loser nation run by Banks , or try to develop anywhere it can but specifically in the areas that are obviously less risky, fortunately intelligent US citizen can come along for the ride as Crypto is supranational.

some will lots won't , that life , that's the free market.

There's plenty of good services in the US. Not sure what your point is there. New ones popping up all the time, e.g Atomic-Trade, licenced to trade crypto to USD, and bittrex, also US based. The UK has also just clarified tax laws to make it easier for UK services.

I don't want to come across as a troll who just turned up on your quark thread, but I took issue with QRK being called "fast" and "the most secure". To be fair to you guys, you have a great community. Best of luck to your coin.
reRaise

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:12:48 PM

"Darkcoin in terms of hashing functions it is a combination of Quark's 6 hashing functions and Qubit-coin's 5 hashing functions, so in total Darkcoin has 11. Five of Quark's hashing functions (Blake, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein) were the finalists of the NIST competition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIST_hash_function_competition
But Quark is using 9 rounds of hashing: while using 6 rounds from Blake, Blue Midnight Wish, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein it adds 3 more rounds of hashing randomly: so the computer doesn't know whether it will be Keccak or Grøstl or Blake. And that's one of the uniqiue beauties of Quark. Unfortunately, Darkcoin or Qubitcoin don't do that: the computer remains certain about which hashing function will be used.

In addition, Darkcoin's block generation time is 2.5minutes (150seconds), while Quark is 30 seconds. Which means that Quarks algorithm with an element of randomness (unpredictability) will have to be cracked in 30 seconds to create a double-spend fork, while for Darkcoin this window of opportunity for the attacker is 5 timeslonger: 150 seconds with no element of randomness. If you take all these factors into account, Quark is still the most secure - it's not only about the number of hashing functions."
anonuser777

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:21:49 PM

"Darkcoin in terms of hashing functions it is a combination of Quark's 6 hashing functions and Qubit-coin's 5 hashing functions, so in total Darkcoin has 11. Five of Quark's hashing functions (Blake, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein) were the finalists of the NIST competition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIST_hash_function_competition
But Quark is using 9 rounds of hashing: while using 6 rounds from Blake, Blue Midnight Wish, Grøstl, JH, Keccak and Skein it adds 3 more rounds of hashing randomly: so the computer doesn't know whether it will be Keccak or Grøstl or Blake. And that's one of the uniqiue beauties of Quark. Unfortunately, Darkcoin or Qubitcoin don't do that: the computer remains certain about which hashing function will be used.

In addition, Darkcoin's block generation time is 2.5minutes (150seconds), while Quark is 30 seconds. Which means that Quarks algorithm with an element of randomness (unpredictability) will have to be cracked in 30 seconds to create a double-spend fork, while for Darkcoin this window of opportunity for the attacker is 5 timeslonger: 150 seconds with no element of randomness. If you take all these factors into account, Quark is still the most secure - it's not only about the number of hashing functions."

That's a great explanation, thanks. Good to see an informed opinion.
mcphervi

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:56:39 PM

Great explanation - FYI, I'm going to copy this for future reference and to use it for promotion if you're okay with that.
Thank you!
Vic
Pages: « 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: