Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:01:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 443 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [QRK] Quark | Core 0.10 upgrade  (Read 1031111 times)
quarkfx

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:33:48 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 12:05:59 AM by quarkfx

I am pro qrk but the community is not the most active or inventive. Aside from VIC i  see nobody doing anything much at all that has any hope of pushing qrk forward. I include myself in that bunch btw. We do nothing but expect qrk to soar to new highs whilst other communities are pulling together working their asses off on projects and services, not to mention new coin features or fads that many people want to see. Yet we are shocked qrk is sinking further daily. Come on let's stop dreaming. We need a full time team on the coin, the services for the coin, and later the marketing of those services and qrk with a store where qrk is the only crypto on sale.

Bit sad to read that, because I know many people who work their asses off. However, I agree: that´s not visible to all. There is a Trello board where Julie started to gather people who were obviously active and wanted to move things forward. Many things, including Shaq but also other and smaller promotional activities and giveaways have been bundled there. For instance, undercard and glongsword are currently working on a wallet that allows to control auto-mining and chatting. You also shouldn´t forget about the guys over at quarkuniverse.cc. I am currently working on two projects (a webpage and a game that uses quark as ingame currency), have been creating (unreleased) video promo material and did stuff like providing people with artwork if they needed it or just didn´t find it (even though everything is on qrk.cc). I also mailed a lot to people who I thought could help us to create innovative non-code-related products and of course had a lot of conversation with other active Quarkers how to push things forward. There is and was a lot of setbacks obviously and there will be for sure, but the point why I am writing this: big things start small, and the small parts are often overseen and underestimated (people prefer big pictures and hype). But then, things can be easy as well if people start DOING things instead of asking why they are not happening. The subreddit page looks shit? Then provide the admins with the right content so they just need to copy paste.

Anyway, it is obvious that the biggest problem is NOT the lack of gadgets (think: Litecoin, think Dogecoin) and it is neither the lack of merchants using Quark (think: early Bitcoin - merchants can in fact be a negative factor if they are not in the boat, because those will just sell off for fiat and drive the price down. Of course, merchant adoption is important but it can - and in my opinon should - happen slowly like it did for BTC). The main problem is the lack of trust and the lack of perspective where the hashrate is one important factor why people are skeptical. I personally believe that this can only be addressed by a sort of contract that is made between leadership and community because the community needs a perspective and the leadership also needs some sort of security that people back their work and the financial capability to do things. A lot of things would be possible if there was more backing.

In the end it´s a snake that bites in its tail. I agree that there need to be some sort of signal that keep people trusting and allow the community to create something on that platform.

P.S. Re: Superblock: I don´t think that this is the right way, because it´s basically money printing and it has been pointed out already that this would be sort of a contridiction in itself. However, I agree that this type of decision should be debated in relation to the individual holdings (not individual votes). In general I think it is rather interesting than harmful to discuss every idea to improve Quark even if it is as radical as implementing Quark as BTC sidechain. Why not?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodrigoHenrik

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 08:59:15 AM

Quark is now available on

QRK/BTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/QRK/BTC
QRK/LTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/QRK/LTC
QRK/DOGE: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/QRK/DOGE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why you should choose Bleutrade

• Trade Crypto2Crypto • Real-time Trading • Low Fees • Hundreds of trades per minute • Resistant to DDOS attacks
• Trade 66 cryptocurrencies • Possibility to trade 2145 pairs • Decentralized storage • 95% Cold storage wallet
• Light as a feather system • Encrypted SSL connection • Real-time backup • Fast support (Less than 1 hour)
• Two-Factor Authentication (Google)...

Register on Bleutrade Now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COO/CMO & Co-Founder at Bleutrade.com
Rusty_1993

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Quark it up!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:23:15 AM

So I have been watching the drop in price just like everyone else and I dont even feel concerned whatsoever over it. But I feel discouraged,  and not because of the price but at the lack of confidence people have mainly because they haven't "made bank" on their investments..

I know there is a lot being worked on behind the scenes but I think people feel like the community is stagnant and theres only one way to go about this. Brainstorm somw huge marketing campaigns and blast it.

This means we need something big (yes easier said than done) Could be anything but it has to be attractive to investors and buisnesses alike so that we can give Quark some serious legit value.

Post all of your ideas please! Even if it doesn't seem that great post it. It could be just what someone needs to complete a partial idea! C'Mon Quarkers!
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 04:18:58 AM

Can someone give me an update?

Is a fork planned in the future? Or is this just a rumour.

Why the need for a fork? Forks are a bad idea, unless there is a grave error in the coin.

lolek12345

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:59:24 PM

What goes down must go up!

FACT!
kitaco

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:05:07 AM

Once again I've been silenced and my posts with a calm alternative view have been removed from /r/Quarkcoin.

http://www.reddit.com/user/pillow_made_of_tacos (make sure to read the parent of each comment!)

Anyone looking to get into this coin. Look at the people running it. "Libertarians" but are controlling free speech. Lol.

It just shows how weak this community is. It shows that they cannot take criticism, they cannot take alternate point of views or alternate opinions. This should be the biggest red flag for anyone getting into this coin at this time, or anyone still holding.

Weak, I say.

@cryptokiely // Donate! - BTC: 1kie1ykRUjxpMH5fAqLWigdtbLCyrMK9k // VRC: VEriKiEfZ9CwVs6GVGLbuBdEJxR2F7CJLq
mcphervi

Activity: 359

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:50:17 AM

Once again I've been silenced and my posts with a calm alternative view have been removed from /r/Quarkcoin.

http://www.reddit.com/user/pillow_made_of_tacos (make sure to read the parent of each comment!)

Anyone looking to get into this coin. Look at the people running it. "Libertarians" but are controlling free speech. Lol.

It just shows how weak this community is. It shows that they cannot take criticism, they cannot take alternate point of views or alternate opinions. This should be the biggest red flag for anyone getting into this coin at this time, or anyone still holding.

Weak, I say.

"Calm alternative view" is a bit of a stretch when you're flagrantly attacking the coin, its community and calling it stagnant while blatantly misrepresenting information to suit your own devices to a new person on the forum. As the rest of my replies stated. Your crusade is really weird - you literally have been going at it non stop for months.
kitaco

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:57:05 AM

Weak, I say.

"Calm alternative view" is a bit of a stretch when you're flagrantly attacking the coin, its community and calling it stagnant while blatantly misrepresenting information to suit your own devices to a new person on the forum. As the rest of my replies stated. Your crusade is really weird - you literally have been going at it non stop for months.

It is much more weird to be active in Quark in a hopeful way for months with a graph that looks like this http://coinmarketcap.com/qrk_180.html

Like I said, you guys must be masochists.

There is no misrepresentation of information on my part. You are twisting my words.

@cryptokiely // Donate! - BTC: 1kie1ykRUjxpMH5fAqLWigdtbLCyrMK9k // VRC: VEriKiEfZ9CwVs6GVGLbuBdEJxR2F7CJLq
mcphervi

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:11:11 AM

Weak, I say.

It is much more weird to be active in Quark in a hopeful way for months with a graph that looks like this http://coinmarketcap.com/qrk_180.html

There is no misrepresentation of information on my part. You are twisting my words.

I am not twisting your words. Only one example - you made it seem as though the ShaqFu game we're to be included in is the same as the one from the 90s. It is not - it is a modern sequel with a terrific development team behind it.

I and others work hard for each other and for the community, not just our own self interest.
mcphervi

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:25:40 AM

Why the need for a fork? Forks are a bad idea, unless there is a grave error in the coin.

No, not any time soon is there going to be a fork. We've discussed a number of things with our developers and although there was some thought of converting to POS, that has been scrapped for the time being, as current POS implementation requires nearly daily involvement by developers.
mcphervi

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:28:35 AM

Sorry for being boring Smiley

At http://www.reddit.com and other places this must be one of the first things to add:

Where to use Quark to buy other coins (plural)?

Answer is empty at this moment.

For successful coin it is required to have use value. The most important thing is to have own - Quark Markets. Without its own - Quark Market Quarkcoin is just an ordinary coin - in this case technically more/most advanced in the some aspects.

More coins have own markets now and Quark still does not have it.

If the community and foundations agree with trying to establish Quark Markets at the one or more biggest exchanges (cryptsy, mintpal, bittrex, ...) I will participate with community/foundations in funding such project. Requirements for Quark Market have to include 1) at least 50 most liquid coins at that exchange.

Another requirement are known 2) pairs form:

somecoins / QRK

Third requirement is 3) Quark Market has to be active/present at exchange at least 2 years continuously.

Fourth requirement is 4) monthly adjusting 50 most liquid coins at the exchange or adding new most liquid coins on the weekly/2-weekly basis.

It is worth to try this Smiley Foundations should support this idea or its modification, I think. Quark as probably still the best leader among all directions leaders of virtual coins deserves this try. Smiley

Coinerer - I think it would be terrific if we could get a major exchange to have a Quark market. If you can contact them and discuss this, then message me if you have a lead!
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:27:42 AM

No, not any time soon is there going to be a fork. We've discussed a number of things with our developers and although there was some thought of converting to POS, that has been scrapped for the time being, as current POS implementation requires nearly daily involvement by developers.

Thanks for your answer. Ok.

I am happy that the coin stays as it is, POS and changing the rules etc is not a good idea.

I think quark has a wellbalanced inflation and the total amount at the moment is also appropriate. (I don't like the coins that have billions of units).

kitaco

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:01:05 AM

Weak, I say.

I am not twisting your words. Only one example - you made it seem as though the ShaqFu game we're to be included in is the same as the one from the 90s. It is not - it is a modern sequel with a terrific development team behind it.

I and others work hard for each other and for the community, not just our own self interest.

So you were twisting my words. Shaq Fu was originally called an abomination by EA in the 90's, and is still considered to this day to be one of the worst games in history. I even talked about DLC (which they didn't have in 1995) in my original post. I don't know how you could be stupid enough to combine that with Quark being released again on a SNES cartridge with Quark support?

mcphervi

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:49:32 AM

Weak, I say.

So you were twisting my words. Shaq Fu was originally called an abomination by EA in the 90's, and is still considered to this day to be one of the worst games in history. I even talked about DLC (which they didn't have in 1995) in my original post. I don't know how you could be stupid enough to combine that with Quark being released again on a SNES cartridge with Quark support?

Actually you didn't use the word originally and you didn't mention DLC at all in your post. You're just relying on the fact that it was deleted to publicly revise it.
mucipsvua367702

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 07:03:46 AM

Weak, I say.

Actually you didn't use the word originally and you didn't mention DLC at all in your post. You're just relying on the fact that it was deleted to publicly revise it.
this  has distinguishing feature,I am ery interested in, nice future for sure.
reRaise

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:17:02 AM

@ kitaco aka Canon, aka kaihau, aka pillow_made_of_tacos i seen your latest post, it was a pure FUD comment. You made a new account AGAIN just to post this nonsense and you are lying about Shaq Fu also. I even showed you a screen shot with PROOF (see picture) on what the shaq fu developers said and yet you were spreading bs.

The admin did the right thing!!

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:23:31 PM

I am pro qrk but the community is not the most active or inventive. Aside from VIC i  see nobody doing anything much at all that has any hope of pushing qrk forward. I include myself in that bunch btw. We do nothing but expect qrk to soar to new highs whilst other communities are pulling together working their asses off on projects and services, not to mention new coin features or fads that many people want to see. Yet we are shocked qrk is sinking further daily. Come on let's stop dreaming. We need a full time team on the coin, the services for the coin, and later the marketing of those services and qrk with a store where qrk is the only crypto on sale.

Bit sad to read that, because I know many people who work their asses off. However, I agree: that´s not visible to all. There is a Trello board where Julie started to gather people who were obviously active and wanted to move things forward. Many things, including Shaq but also other and smaller promotional activities and giveaways have been bundled there. For instance, undercard and glongsword are currently working on a wallet that allows to control auto-mining and chatting. You also shouldn´t forget about the guys over at quarkuniverse.cc. I am currently working on two projects (a webpage and a game that uses quark as ingame currency), have been creating (unreleased) video promo material and did stuff like providing people with artwork if they needed it or just didn´t find it (even though everything is on qrk.cc). I also mailed a lot to people who I thought could help us to create innovative non-code-related products and of course had a lot of conversation with other active Quarkers how to push things forward. There is and was a lot of setbacks obviously and there will be for sure, but the point why I am writing this: big things start small, and the small parts are often overseen and underestimated (people prefer big pictures and hype). But then, things can be easy as well if people start DOING things instead of asking why they are not happening. The subreddit page looks shit? Then provide the admins with the right content so they just need to copy paste.

Anyway, it is obvious that the biggest problem is NOT the lack of gadgets (think: Litecoin, think Dogecoin) and it is neither the lack of merchants using Quark (think: early Bitcoin - merchants can in fact be a negative factor if they are not in the boat, because those will just sell off for fiat and drive the price down. Of course, merchant adoption is important but it can - and in my opinon should - happen slowly like it did for BTC). The main problem is the lack of trust and the lack of perspective where the hashrate is one important factor why people are skeptical. I personally believe that this can only be addressed by a sort of contract that is made between leadership and community because the community needs a perspective and the leadership also needs some sort of security that people back their work and the financial capability to do things. A lot of things would be possible if there was more backing.

In the end it´s a snake that bites in its tail. I agree that there need to be some sort of signal that keep people trusting and allow the community to create something on that platform.

P.S. Re: Superblock: I don´t think that this is the right way, because it´s basically money printing and it has been pointed out already that this would be sort of a contridiction in itself. However, I agree that this type of decision should be debated in relation to the individual holdings (not individual votes). In general I think it is rather interesting than harmful to discuss every idea to improve Quark even if it is as radical as implementing Quark as BTC sidechain. Why not?

Thanks for joining this conversation. I am pleased to hear that you are open minded about discussion being opened here to the wider qrk community. Also a big thanks for all the work you have done for qrk and are still doing. Smiley

I still believe the super block is a great idea and would address a lot of the issues qrk has now. However, yes perhaps i'm wrong....let's build up a kind of list of pros and cons and weigh it in the balance.
LTC is a special case and if released today would not stand out at all. Doge again i see as a special case. It was the first big coin to the 3rd big wave of miners that came in for the dec super pump. It has been likened to the FTC of the 2nd wave. Also DOGE has very wealthy holders that are very involved with crypto and donate huge chunks to their projects. Right now doge and ltc have wide adoption and fame. QRK is very different in some very big ways i have mentioned, although is quite famous i think Smiley. QRK was made super popular by DI and bill. They reached out side of the crypto landscape and tapped into investors that have no association with crypto. This was great, but investors are not used to having to become so involved to make their investment work out:)

QRK is a special case. No other coin has most of it's investors sitting outside of the crypto community. If the super block does not happen. We then HAVE to push for ROI projects with Bill involved. The QRK core team is as good if not better than most other coins. The problem is they don't have the funds nor community support behind them. As a core brain storming some or even just one great project that will return nicely to investors is now vital. Once this is successful and people see these opportunities are ...... well ...great opportunities, then it will spiral.

The mining and security of the chain is but one issue. Even if that was solved i still see a great need for building a larger and more dedicated community around qrk at the core to push it up to the top 5 coins. Coins that i view are competing with qrk have

1. larger active communities
2. more whales and crypto wealthy involved and in tune with the crypto scene
3. more features and gadget that create hype sucking in more members to their communities bringing more BTC, ideas and energy.
4. full time devs funded by their premine or instamine.

the super block if handled correctly would really just start QRK as i now see it should have been started. With a large development pot that can not be dumped out at any time, but rather it release is dependent upon continued success and support.

I mean are there really only a handful of people reading this thread? There is thousands of wallets holding qrk?  where are these people and how to reach them and get them involved?

A new companion coin (side chain of qrk) that has a development pot held by escrow and can only be released by votes of those holding the coin could be another option. If the purists don't want features like anon pos etc etc.... then fine. Let's have a companion coin as suggested by a few others before. Create it with 360M - have 60M held by escrows to funds years of development. QRK investors will have to come to the board and claim them.... this will bring qrk investors to the board and get them involved.

Let's do something anyway, even discussion is great. Even debate and argument is better than the thread and community looking like it is dead even if it is not and the core is active.

PR is everything in crypto.

Those with nothing but negative remarks and scorn for the work others have done should be strongly discouraged. If someone does anything at all of their own accord for qrk it should be a positive thing. Ask yourself what you yourself have done for qrk before commenting on those that have tried and continue to try things.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 02:37:07 PM

In a few words, can you explain what this "superblock" is?

I haven't been following the quark threads in the last weeks, ...

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:11:39 PM

In a few words, can you explain what this "superblock" is?

I haven't been following the quark threads in the last weeks, ...

A 30 million block of qrk mined and handed to escrow. Released in little bits to pay for developments and service creation for qrk as voted for by the qrk community. There is no development pot currently like other coins have.  We just need to discuss the possible pro's and con's of this before deciding either way. Most so far do NOT seems to agree with it. However it has not really been analysed of seriously debated as yet.

The other optioin is some seriously good ROI projects.

mcphervi

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:28:40 PM

Thanks for joining this conversation. I am pleased to hear that you are open minded about discussion being opened here to the wider qrk community. Also a big thanks for all the work you have done for qrk and are still doing. Smiley

I still believe the super block is a great idea and would address a lot of the issues qrk has now. However, yes perhaps i'm wrong....let's build up a kind of list of pros and cons and weigh it in the balance.
LTC is a special case and if released today would not stand out at all. Doge again i see as a special case. It was the first big coin to the 3rd big wave of miners that came in for the dec super pump. It has been likened to the FTC of the 2nd wave. Also DOGE has very wealthy holders that are very involved with crypto and donate huge chunks to their projects. Right now doge and ltc have wide adoption and fame. QRK is very different in some very big ways i have mentioned, although is quite famous i think Smiley. QRK was made super popular by DI and bill. They reached out side of the crypto landscape and tapped into investors that have no association with crypto. This was great, but investors are not used to having to become so involved to make their investment work out:)

QRK is a special case. No other coin has most of it's investors sitting outside of the crypto community. If the super block does not happen. We then HAVE to push for ROI projects with Bill involved. The QRK core team is as good if not better than most other coins. The problem is they don't have the funds nor community support behind them. As a core brain storming some or even just one great project that will return nicely to investors is now vital. Once this is successful and people see these opportunities are ...... well ...great opportunities, then it will spiral.

The mining and security of the chain is but one issue. Even if that was solved i still see a great need for building a larger and more dedicated community around qrk at the core to push it up to the top 5 coins. Coins that i view are competing with qrk have

1. larger active communities
2. more whales and crypto wealthy involved and in tune with the crypto scene
3. more features and gadget that create hype sucking in more members to their communities bringing more BTC, ideas and energy.
4. full time devs funded by their premine or instamine.

the super block if handled correctly would really just start QRK as i now see it should have been started. With a large development pot that can not be dumped out at any time, but rather it release is dependent upon continued success and support.

I mean are there really only a handful of people reading this thread? There is thousands of wallets holding qrk?  where are these people and how to reach them and get them involved?

A new companion coin (side chain of qrk) that has a development pot held by escrow and can only be released by votes of those holding the coin could be another option. If the purists don't want features like anon pos etc etc.... then fine. Let's have a companion coin as suggested by a few others before. Create it with 360M - have 60M held by escrows to funds years of development. QRK investors will have to come to the board and claim them.... this will bring qrk investors to the board and get them involved.

Let's do something anyway, even discussion is great. Even debate and argument is better than the thread and community looking like it is dead even if it is not and the core is active.

PR is everything in crypto.

Those with nothing but negative remarks and scorn for the work others have done should be strongly discouraged. If someone does anything at all of their own accord for qrk it should be a positive thing. Ask yourself what you yourself have done for qrk before commenting on those that have tried and continue to try things.

I agree with most of your points - and I think the investors from outside the crypto community cause difficulty for exactly the reason you state - they simply don't participate because they are not used to having to engage with their investments.

I agree that a development fund would be great. I also completely agree that many other coins have developers that are funded by their instamines. This has produced a substantial disparity in the financial resources available to Quark vs other coins.

I agree that a partner coin could potentially work. I also agree that it could have different features and a different market segment target.
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 443 »
  Print  

Jump to: