Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:03:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079883 times)
TheSwede75 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:46:35 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 06:04:11 PM by TheSwede75

TheSwede75:
can you explain why a votor of BTCT commented that "I wouldn't trust the operator at all, well known troll"?

UPDATE:

I was pretty 'Trolly' and outspoken in my early days especially in the BTC-E.com's trollbox. Since then I "got over" Alt Currencies and chilled out a lot. If anyone wants to judge me based on Trollbox chatter, I guess that is up to them. I would probably consider my flawless trading history, group-buy organization etc more important factors when assessing my 'honesty' though. Besides that, I am not one of the Founders or Developers inside Labcoin but just someone that helped out in the IPO and serves as an additional communication resource, so I am not sure why me being a 'troll' would have to do with the Security.

TLDR: I may have (have had) a big mouth and short temper from time to time, but I have never scammed anyone.

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Also I was asked to clarify the 'outstanding shares' on BTCT.CO. For some time the outstanding shares on BTCT.CO was incorrect (not sure why, probably due to the script we ran to place the shares). This number is now 10 Million (10.000.000) which represents ALL the shares of Labcoin. This number will NOT change and Labcoin will NOT sell more shares. I hope that clears up any confusion.

Q/A UPDATE:

The coming days Developer from Labcoin as well as Sam himself will answer technical/development questions as well as describe the near future. Expect several posts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:48:47 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2013, 06:00:56 PM by TheSwede75

TheSwede75:
why you had time to buy car and silver today, but did not answer our questions timely?why?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262467.msg2850903#msg2850903
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261418.msg2850917#msg2850917

Well, I haven't bought a car (actually my GF wanting to buy it). But I also already mentioned that I would wait for Sam and some Q/A to start posting and some answers to be received before I would post.

Edit: I am also trying to move some of the 'question answering' over to the Labcoin team as my answers may effect the price of shares and I REALLY don't want to cause anyone to lose money because I misspeak on any aspects of the project.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:04:57 PM

TheSwede75:
why you had time to buy car and silver today, but did not answer our questions timely?why?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=262467.msg2850903#msg2850903
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=261418.msg2850917#msg2850917

your trying way to hard
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:11:15 PM

TheSwede75:
can you explain why a votor of BTCT commented that "I wouldn't trust the operator at all, well known troll"?

UPDATE:

I was pretty 'Trolly' and outspoken in my early days especially in the BTC-E.com's trollbox. Since then I "got over" Alt Currencies and chilled out a lot. If anyone wants to judge me based on Trollbox chatter, I guess that is up to them. I would probably consider my flawless trading history, group-buy organization etc more important factors when assessing my 'honesty' though. Besides that, I am not one of the Founders or Developers inside Labcoin but just someone that helped out in the IPO and serves as an additional communication resource, so I am not sure why me being a 'troll' would have to do with the Security.

TLDR: I may have (have had) a big mouth and short temper from time to time, but I have never scammed anyone.

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Also I was asked to clarify the 'outstanding shares' on BTCT.CO. For some time the outstanding shares on BTCT.CO was incorrect (not sure why, probably due to the script we ran to place the shares). This number is now 10 Million (10.000.000) which represents ALL the shares of Labcoin. This number will NOT change and Labcoin will NOT sell more shares. I hope that clears up any confusion.

Q/A UPDATE:

The coming days Developer from Labcoin as well as Sam himself will answer technical/development questions as well as describe the near future. Expect several posts.

This is not an explanation. Like I said, BTCT only shows shares as outstanding if they have been sold or rendered to another account by doing an internal share transfer. The total Outstanding should be 7m, not 10m
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:13:08 PM

I would also say that considering the vote "Anonymous voted NO with comment: I wouldn't trust the operator at all, well known troll
" being Anonymous, chances are maybe it's just someone that did not invest, missed cutoff or wanting to effect the price of the share. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion but since everyone likes a good conspiracy theory, lets go with that  Cool
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:17:08 PM

Thanks for the update Labcoin and TheSwede
I'll be looking forward to the Q&A session.

keep up the good work and good luck
cheers
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:17:08 PM

TheSwede75:

UPDATE:

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Q/A UPDATE:

This is not an explanation. Like I said, BTCT only shows shares as outstanding if they have been sold or rendered to another account by doing an internal share transfer. The total Outstanding should be 7m, not 10m

I am sorry, now I understand what you are asking in "This is not an explanation. Like I said, BTCT only shows shares as outstanding if they have been sold or rendered to another account by doing an internal share transfer. The total Outstanding should be 7m, not 10m"

The reason for all 10 million being 'listed' is the fact that the Founder shares (3 million) has now been transferred out of the original IPO account and into the individual Labcoin team (developers, founder etc). This transfer is the reason all 10 million is now seen as the 'outstanding shares' amount.

I hope that answers your question. I also personally think that this is more 'honest' since the 'Market Cap' is now based on all available shares and not only the 7 million placed in the IPO.

For those curious (and just because I happen have that knowledge) I can say that so far the founders of Labcoin has to my knowledge not sold any shares of Labcoin.
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:19:29 PM

TheSwede75:

UPDATE:

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Q/A UPDATE:

I am sorry, now I understand what you are asking in "This is not an explanation. Like I said, BTCT only shows shares as outstanding if they have been sold or rendered to another account by doing an internal share transfer. The total Outstanding should be 7m, not 10m"

The reason for all 10 million being 'listed' is the fact that the Founder shares (3 million) has now been transferred out of the original IPO account and into the individual Labcoin team (developers, founder etc). This transfer is the reason all 10 million is now seen as the 'outstanding shares' amount.

I hope that answers your question. I also personally think that this is more 'honest' since the 'Market Cap' is now based on all available shares and not only the 7 million placed in the IPO.

In other words, you can sell whenever you want and no one will know.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:20:40 PM

TheSwede75:

UPDATE:

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Q/A UPDATE:

Bingo! The shares should not have been rendered. What incentive does the company have to work at all if they can just sell all their own shares?
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:22:25 PM

TheSwede75:

UPDATE:

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Q/A UPDATE:

So far (see my post above) none of the Labcoin founders or developers have sold any shares. I guess technically they could, but I don't see why that would happen since if they were wanting to it seems logical they would have done so at 0.004. From what I have have heard there is no one involved in the Labcoin project that has any plans on selling shares at this time.

TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:25:19 PM

TheSwede75:

UPDATE:

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Q/A UPDATE:

Bingo! The shares should not have been rendered. What incentive does the company have to work at all if they can just sell all their own shares?

I would assume this is true for all listed companies on BTCT.CO. I do think that since the Founders already have over $150.000 invested in development, pre-production etc. Selling a ton of shares in a project they have been involved in for a year and giving up dividends and possible higher valuation for a quick but seems very counter intuitive.
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:29:57 PM

TheSwede75:

UPDATE:

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Q/A UPDATE:

I would assume this is true for all listed companies on BTCT.CO. I do think that since the Founders already have over $150.000 invested in development, pre-production etc. Selling a ton of shares in a project they have been involved in for a year and giving up dividends and possible higher valuation for a quick but seems very counter intuitive.

I would definitely not assume that.

Edit: You can find the most recent example in the last IPO.

The other 6,000,000 shares are held by investors of BTCSEA CO.,Ltd ,which is not available and limited to open in next 2 years. Pass Through stocks based on these shares are prohibited in next 2 years either.Public shareholders have no such a restriction.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:37:20 PM

TheSwede75:

UPDATE:

OUTSTANDING SHARES:

Q/A UPDATE:

I would definitely not assume that.

Edit: You can find the most recent example in the last IPO.

The other 6,000,000 shares are held by investors of BTCSEA CO.,Ltd ,which is not available and limited to open in next 2 years. Pass Through stocks based on these shares are prohibited in next 2 years either.Public shareholders have no such a restriction.

You are definitely correct when it comes to BTCSEA CO. At this time I can personally just communicate that the team is definitely not planning on selling any shares and are 100% committed to the future of the project.
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:38:21 PM

1. Chip specifications

There are substantial differences in the way  the BFL chip is produced. They do employ a standard cell ASIC, while we went for a custom design with a focus on performances, achieved via a complex place & route procedure, which took our team almost one full-immersion month of work to complete.
We do confirm that we're expecting to obtain the initially declared performances with the 130nm round, but we will wait for the ICs to be ready, to better assess the yield quality in terms of chip grades.

2. 130 nm vs. newer technology

While 28nm technology is indeed superior, if fully taken advantage of, the NRE costs are enormously different, and so are the skills needed to design a working chip. We don't have the required resources, and we do not think the results obtainable are worth the costs right now, this is a strategy we will explore in the future.
We are happy with the obtained high performances and low consumptions with 130nm and we will show another breaktru' when the 65nm design is ready.

3. ETA

130nm IC is estimated to be delivered in early September and to be mining 7-10 days later.
65nm IC is still under development and no ETA is available yet.

4. General timeline

The following days we will focus on Q/A session and on the normal activities pertaining to our project.
As per your request of more pictures, here are some images of our test environment, with the WR703N router working as real world interface for the simulated IC running on the fpga.

Please provide detailed chip specs. Remember you are stating that you are able to get chips working at 4.8GH/s on a 130nm node (that's the equivalent of ~17 Avalon chips, which are built on a smaller die size of 110nm), using minimal power. What is the process? Die size? Voltages? Frequency? Etc?

I'm sure you already have most of these specs set in stone since you are aiming for an early September delivery. Has the order been done with TSMC already?

Please also show a pic/video of the prototype FPGA hashing at 4.8GH/s. Smiley

Example of detailed chip specs:
Avalon chip
Technology Summary:
   TSMC 0.11- micron G process
       5 Metal
Core Voltage: 1.2 V
I/O Voltage: 3.3 V
Core Frequency: 256+ MHz
Number of Pads: 48
   8 Data
   40+1 Power
Package Type: QFN48 -0.5 Pitch
Packaged Chip Size: 7 mm x 7 mm

Chip Interface
Data Pins (8 in total):
Clock                     i
Serial Data In  [2]       i
Serial Data Out [2]       o
Serial Data Bypass [2]    o
Reserved    [1]    -

Chip power efficienty: 6.6W/GHs @ 1.15 V
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:40:54 PM

1. Chip specifications

There are substantial differences in the way  the BFL chip is produced. They do employ a standard cell ASIC, while we went for a custom design with a focus on performances, achieved via a complex place & route procedure, which took our team almost one full-immersion month of work to complete.
We do confirm that we're expecting to obtain the initially declared performances with the 130nm round, but we will wait for the ICs to be ready, to better assess the yield quality in terms of chip grades.

2. 130 nm vs. newer technology

While 28nm technology is indeed superior, if fully taken advantage of, the NRE costs are enormously different, and so are the skills needed to design a working chip. We don't have the required resources, and we do not think the results obtainable are worth the costs right now, this is a strategy we will explore in the future.
We are happy with the obtained high performances and low consumptions with 130nm and we will show another breaktru' when the 65nm design is ready.

3. ETA

130nm IC is estimated to be delivered in early September and to be mining 7-10 days later.
65nm IC is still under development and no ETA is available yet.

4. General timeline

The following days we will focus on Q/A session and on the normal activities pertaining to our project.
As per your request of more pictures, here are some images of our test environment, with the WR703N router working as real world interface for the simulated IC running on the fpga.

Please provide detailed chip specs. Remember you are stating that you are able to get chips working at 4.8GH/s on a 130nm node (that's the equivalent of ~17 Avalon chips, which are built on a smaller die size of 110nm), using minimal power. What is the process? Die size? Voltages? Frequency? Etc?

I'm sure you already have most of these specs set in stone since you are aiming for an early September delivery. Has the order been done with TSMC already?

Please also show a pic/video of the prototype FPGA hashing at 4.8GH/s. Smiley

Example of detailed chip specs:
Avalon chip
Technology Summary:
   TSMC 0.11- micron G process
       5 Metal
Core Voltage: 1.2 V
I/O Voltage: 3.3 V
Core Frequency: 256+ MHz
Number of Pads: 48
   8 Data
   40+1 Power
Package Type: QFN48 -0.5 Pitch
Packaged Chip Size: 7 mm x 7 mm

Chip Interface
Data Pins (8 in total):
Clock                     i
Serial Data In  [2]       i
Serial Data Out [2]       o
Serial Data Bypass [2]    o
Reserved    [1]    -

Chip power efficienty: 6.6W/GHs @ 1.15 V

The posted information is just the initial information provided by Sam. In the next few days there will be more information posted directly by the Development team. I just talked to Sam and he is setting this up with the developers today.
TheSwede75 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:42:41 PM

UPDATE:

A little off topic-but it may still interest investors that the Labcoin team has already received the first requests from mining operations/individuals for bulk purchases of the 1st Gen 130nm chips. As first-run is ordered and we get closer to mass production of chips we will update share holders on the volume of placed bulk-orders as they are verified.
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:43:40 PM

The posted information is just the initial information provided by Sam. In the next few days there will be more information posted directly by the Development team. I just talked to Sam and he is setting this up with the developers today.

Thanks! Let me say I am quite eager to see those chip specs! Smiley
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:46:27 PM

the 3 million shares should either not be tradeable on BTCT until a certain amount of time
OR the shares should be marked/colored in a way so that people know that they are buying the team's shares. this would also indicate for everyone to panic - heh

ok
yufu571

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:56:53 PM

the 3 million shares should either not be tradeable on BTCT until a certain amount of time
OR the shares should be marked/colored in a way so that people know that they are buying the team's shares. this would also indicate for everyone to panic - heh
yep, why LAB team cannot make a promise of limiting his option in seeling? is the team not confident in the
LAB's future or not willing to be in a boat with shareholders?
hammurabi

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:58:57 PM

You are definitely correct when it comes to BTCSEA CO. At this time I can personally just communicate that the team is definitely not planning on selling any shares and are 100% committed to the future of the project.

Everything is fine, except for the fact that in current shape of things they can just abandon the ship at any time they want.
I think it is important to (either or both):
- clarify that no founder shares will be sold till some date in the future;
- make founder's accounts public so anybody can check number of labcoin shares they hold.

BTC:    1Hpk4rWpP3gACJhXHn8VkeNp4usdQmfuVY
LTC:    LM5p7X9dTsWj14G2VQeJKuntVUc6GsPnDp
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: