Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:54:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
physalis

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 01:59:22 PM

This fear mongering is amazing.

Do you guys actually think the whole thing is a scam? What would be their angle? They got the money already, if they were to take it and run, they would have done so already.
And that is all I need to evaluate. I believe that they are working on getting this done, and I believe they eventually will. I don't believe that they are possibly that incompetent that they'll end the project with just giving up. And even if they end up with an underperforming chip, they're getting it at production cost, which means they are at the top of the food chain, right with AM.

Then you have projects like icedrill, where someone is buying hardware at retail cost from a producer, and pays out just about half of the profits to the shareholders, and people are actually jumping on it. It boggles my mind, really.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:25:01 PM

Do you guys actually think the whole thing is a scam? What would be their angle? They got the money already, if they were to take it and run, they would have done so already.
And that is all I need to evaluate. I believe that they are working on getting this done, and I believe they eventually will. I don't believe that they are possibly that incompetent that they'll end the project with just giving up. And even if they end up with an underperforming chip, they're getting it at production cost, which means they are at the top of the food chain, right with AM.

Then you have projects like icedrill, where someone is buying hardware at retail cost from a producer, and pays out just about half of the profits to the shareholders, and people are actually jumping on it. It boggles my mind, really.

IPO was 9 days ago and I haven't made the truckload of bitcoin Labcoin promised me. This is clearly a scam with 3 million shares unaccounted for. At-least AMC won't increase their share or have millions of share unaccounted for. I know BFL will deliver my preorder, I'm on the waiting list. I think I'm pulling out for Icedrill it sounds legit.

szmarco

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:30:14 PM

+1
I'll have my patience till next weekend. As they said the result of first run will be revealed.
zefyr0s

Activity: 245

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:31:18 PM

They never promised you lots of money in the short term? You
convinced yourself that, and bought for that reason, no?

People are so quick to fuel the hype machine without thinking hard
about what they're hyping even is in the first place.

e: and isn't icedrill's manufacturer going to start shipping before
even sending out a test unit.. so they can rush to market. not
saying it's a 100% fail idea, but it drastically increases the risk
involved with the company in general, investing or otherwise.
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:36:13 PM

Wooosh
physalis

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 02:38:45 PM

He was being sarcastic...
E.Sam

Activity: 393

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 02:43:25 PM

And that is all I need to evaluate. I believe that they are working on getting this done, and I believe they eventually will. And even if they end up with an underperforming chip, they're getting it at production cost, which means they are at the top of the food chain, right with AM.

I do agree that FUD is a speculative tool that many seem to be using around here. I m not. I have genuine concerns about some of the points risen by other members. I don't think it's a scam, but not disclosing the amount of shares they have left, when it takes one mail to Burnside to sort out, makes me uneasy. They might have nothing to hide, but they should take into account the basic psychology of investors.

On the technical side, I m not an expert. So, with my limited knowledge, I follow the technical questions and see if they are answered to the satisfaction of the forum members that do understand. Again, if one that seems important is not answered, then I m not sure what to think of it.

I just hope they don't have time to answer / get involved in all this because of too much lab work.
LordMeowMeow

Activity: 617

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:02:47 PM

I hope the issues brought up by VBS are addressed ASAP. Smiley If the technical stuff doesn't add up then this whole thing just won't work as advertised.

and thanks to the chip design nerds out there for watching our backs.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:35:10 PM

Shareholders are loosing trust here.
But how did shareholders gain trust before?

Following posts on their research & development, people believed in this project (wrongly or not is to be seen). Hence sold out IPO before its start (some of this *might* have been due to speculation, but still).
Lack of communication on important points make investors uneasy, lose confidence and sell off.

I have the feeling I m stating the obvious here.

Go ahead and sell, cheap shares!  Grin
Cheers
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 04:40:10 PM

where are daily videos ?

progress raport, website update, anything

labcoin.com/presentation.html it is not changed...

Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:47:38 PM

where are daily videos ?

progress raport, website update, anything

labcoin.com/presentation.html it is not changed...

You fragile investors need to have patience. That is the secret to not losing your money. Set a buy in price and refuse to sell below that price. Set a time limit to wait and see and if the price isn't significantly higher then sell when it reaches the price you bought in at. If you think there are better investment opportunities then sell all your shares right now, dare ya.  Cheesy
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:51:35 PM

I hope the issues brought up by VBS are addressed ASAP. Smiley If the technical stuff doesn't add up then this whole thing just won't work as advertised.

I find it pretty funny that you think vbs is "watching our backs". Vbs is a long-time, outspoken promoter and investor in ActM. It Streets never became ActM's PR person, it likely would've been Vbs. Do you have any proof that Vbs even knows what he's talking about? Any proof that he owns Labcoin shares? Any proof that he's not just spouting FUD in order to drive potential investor away from Labcoin to ActM?

I just find it funny that you're willing to put so much trust in someone who actually has a good motive to spread FUD here.

redbeans2012

Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 04:55:00 PM

I find it pretty funny that you think vbs is "watching our backs". Vbs is a long-time, outspoken promoter and investor in ActM. It Streets never became ActM's PR person, it likely would've been Vbs. Do you have any proof that Vbs even knows what he's talking about? Any proof that he owns Labcoin shares? Any proof that he's not just spouting FUD in order to drive potential investor away from Labcoin to ActM?

I just find it funny that you're willing to put so much trust in someone who actually has a good motive to spread FUD here.

+1000
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:08:52 PM

"Do you have any proof that Vbs even knows what he's talking about?"  Huh

Someone please tell me these boards are not really populated by alt-life delusionals who think we didn't go to the moon? 
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:15:36 PM

I think VBS is threatened by Labcoin.  It would be best if he just stayed in his own thread and make comments about Labcoin there.  

Disclaimer

I also own both
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:33:06 PM

I think VBS is threatened by Labcoin.  It would be best if he just stayed in his own thread and make comments about Labcoin there.  The same should go for all "Spokes people" for company's.

Disclaimer

I also own both

Oh, but by all means! Hands off from me on the Labcoin business! Smiley

I kept replying here since I initially raised technical points that remained unanswered and thought I was doing a favor to the community by asking those to be clarified. I guess I should have known better. Lesson learned. Smiley
E.Sam

Activity: 393

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2013, 05:34:22 PM

You guys are missing the point. I m not going to speculate on whether VBS has ulterior motives or not, as I don't care. It seems clear that he has some good technical knowledge and knows what questions to ask - that's good enough for me and I m glad he's around.
My The problem is LC not answering.
Rulother

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:37:23 PM

I think VBS is threatened by Labcoin.  It would be best if he just stayed in his own thread and make comments about Labcoin there.  The same should go for all "Spokes people" for company's.

Disclaimer

I also own both

Oh, but by all means! Hands off from me on the Labcoin business! Smiley

I kept replying here since I initially raised technical points that remained unanswered and thought I was doing a favor to the community by asking those to be clarified. I guess I should have known better. Lesson learned. Smiley

Where were you yesterday during the whole Q&A lol

A Member of the LCSH
LordMeowMeow

Activity: 617

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:41:53 PM

Keep posting and asking questions please. Not everyone wants blinders on their eyes. The more questions we ask the better, regardless of background or knowledge. Let Labcoin clear out all the questions, as they should since we're giving them our money.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
August 09, 2013, 05:44:39 PM

You guys are missing the point. I m not going to speculate on whether VBS has ulterior motives or not, as I don't care. It seems clear that he has some good technical knowledge and knows what questions to ask - that's good enough for me and I m glad he's around.
My The problem is LC not answering.

Agree.

As a investor of Labcoin, I welcome all point raised by any one, specially a potential competitor as I, "blinded by greed" investor might of missed.

Vbs, do not stop what you do best because of some "critic". If we were all silenced by self righteous critics, this forum would be dead.

Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: