Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:48:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 914 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining)  (Read 1079977 times)
boyohi

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2013, 11:55:15 PM

ajk, people freaked when the "site" just went offline and noone heard anything for a few days - that's all

theSwede - i think what set off the latest rumor mill is the site going down- also, strange things that have happened to "competitors"

The labcoin.com website as far as I know is just going through updates and redesign. I will definitely be here to update if anything significant is to be communicated.

Mr. Swede, do you think Labcoin will be able to maintain 15% of the network for the long term with the difficulty growing exponentially and with what looks like an asic hashing cyber arms race?

This is a very important question which you should forward to the staff and developers. If the 15% can be assured despite difficulty, I think everyone will be happy for many months with the possibility of sweet dividends.

Impossible with Icedrill and their nuclear powered mining operation underground in the middle of Antarctica.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheSwede75 (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:49:22 AM

ajk, people freaked when the "site" just went offline and noone heard anything for a few days - that's all

theSwede - i think what set off the latest rumor mill is the site going down- also, strange things that have happened to "competitors"

The labcoin.com website as far as I know is just going through updates and redesign. I will definitely be here to update if anything significant is to be communicated.

Mr. Swede, do you think Labcoin will be able to maintain 15% of the network for the long term with the difficulty growing exponentially and with what looks like an asic hashing cyber arms race?

This is a very important question which you should forward to the staff and developers. If the 15% can be assured despite difficulty, I think everyone will be happy for many months with the possibility of sweet dividends.

I personally do. However, I would probably say that with the vast amount of ASIC projects of differing quality makes the landscape hard to estimate.

Traditionally (as we all know) ASIC has been proned to over promise and under delivery and I don't see a reason to revise that yet.

The prices and quantities of chips that Labcoin plans to order and deploy makes it very reasonable to hold 15% or more of the network hash rate at least on a medium time scale (through spring at least using Gen 1) but of course there is always the possibility that the landscape changes.

Important to remember here is that while 28nm is sexy, the Labcoin chip, while not as effective power wise is so cheap to manufacture at volume that the team expects to be able to fund 50TH+ using not even all the IPO funds. That can as far as I know not be said about any other project.

TLDR: yes.
TheSwede75 (OP)

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 12:53:50 AM

Impossible with Icedrill and their nuclear powered mining operation underground in the middle of Antarctica.

Obviously with Shark-Nado-Hurricane-ASIC-2 (trademark pending) bringing online their mutated clusters of 1nm ASIC in approx "two weeks" we can never be certain.

(This thread needs a dash of humor)
JMG

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:06:17 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 01:21:53 AM by JMG

Labcoin is hiring!

If you are skilled in IC design / HDL optimization, shoot them your CV at info@labcoin.com

http://coinstocks.net/
physalis

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:25:14 AM

The prices and quantities of chips that Labcoin plans to order and deploy makes it very reasonable to hold 15% or more of the network hash rate at least on a medium time scale (through spring at least using Gen 1) but of course there is always the possibility that the landscape changes.

Important to remember here is that while 28nm is sexy, the Labcoin chip, while not as effective power wise is so cheap to manufacture at volume that the team expects to be able to fund 50TH+ using not even all the IPO funds. That can as far as I know not be said about any other project.

Well, those 50TH/s will not make make 10% of the network by the time they are deployed, or even 15%. They would barely make 15% if they got deployed completely right now.

But that doesn't really matter. If labcoin only manages to hold ONE percent of the network, then the current share price is nothing else than cheap as fuck.
Which is why I think this will turn out to be a great investment. If they don't completely fail, and even just manage to hold a very small percentage, then everything is fine.
The more they get, the better, but as long as they get something, then there's nothing to worry about.
JMG

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 01:42:30 AM

7 days average float is about 380,000 shares per day and that means only 5.4% of shares are floating or in other words, most of shareholders are holding their shares.

Currently, the total ask size is only 13% of total shares.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:31:43 AM

Well, those 50TH/s will not make make 10% of the network by the time they are deployed, or even 15%. They would barely make 15% if they got deployed completely right now.

But that doesn't really matter. If labcoin only manages to hold ONE percent of the network, then the current share price is nothing else than cheap as fuck.
Which is why I think this will turn out to be a great investment. If they don't completely fail, and even just manage to hold a very small percentage, then everything is fine.
The more they get, the better, but as long as they get something, then there's nothing to worry about.

Everything is not fine if they only have 1% of the network. It would mean a very long ROI and many people would go elsewhere which means share prices would suffer for investors. Also at 1% of the network if they make any mistake at all they wont have much profit to fall back on.

15% is reasonable if they can reach that. If they reach 1% but difficulty is rising exponentially it's very bad because they cannot keep up that way. If they manage to get enough profit to build and deploy a lot of miners then they'll do okay. I think if they get over 500TH before 2014 they'll be just fine but thats just my estimate and it's anyones guess. They also have plenty of people to sell ASICs to, such as all those cloud mining companies.
physalis

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 02:58:48 AM

Everything is not fine if they only have 1% of the network. It would mean a very long ROI

What a strange thing to say. No it wouldn't.

A little run down of the math:
Labcoin consists of 10m shares. If we have 1% of the network, that means each share gets 1 ten-millionth of 1% of 25 bitcoins every 10 minutes (actually even more since blocks are found faster than that).
That's 0.009198 btc per year. Going by IPO price of 0.001 per share, that's 91.89% APR. That's exceptional compared to all other mining stocks (AM has what, 20-25% now?). And it's still excluding all possible hardware sales.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:05:42 AM

Everything is not fine if they only have 1% of the network. It would mean a very long ROI

What a strange thing to say. No it wouldn't.

A little run down of the math:
Labcoin consists of 10m shares. If we have 1% of the network, that means each share gets 1 ten-millionth of 1% of 25 bitcoins every 10 minutes (actually even more since blocks are found faster than that).
That's 0.009198 btc per year. Going by IPO price of 0.001 per share, that's 91.89% APR. That's exceptional compared to all other mining stocks (AM has what, 20-25% now?). And it's still excluding all possible hardware sales.

Far more important than that, a 1% share would mean most of the risk of the stock was removed.  The company would be proved to be real and to be competent.

The share price would have skyrocketed by then.  It's so low at the moment only because so much is unknown.  As the unknowns become knowns, the price increases.

So yeah, 1% would be fine in my book.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:08:23 AM

What we need right now are some updates.

Where are the staff members who were supposed to be joining the forum?

When can we expect an audit of the founders shares? This is already overdue. Please provide immediately.

Why is the website down?

Aren't the first chips supposed to come in this week?  What's the status?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 03:18:45 AM

So you want an update with some juicy ASIC news?

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Xpost relevant to your interests:

Well fuck me sideways!!    Cool

Uniquify, HashFast Ink Agreement to Produce ASICs to Increase Hashing Speed for Bitcoin Miners

geeks.broadwayworld.com / Aug, 13, 2013; 10:38 AM

SAN JOSE, CA – Uniquify (www.uniquify.com) today signed a multi-year agreement with HashFast Technologies to design and provide silicon fabrication services for a new generation of application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) expected to dramatically increase hashing speed for Bitcoin miners.

Under terms of the agreement, HashFast Technologies, a pioneer in custom designs of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing, will use Uniquify’s technology for the production of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing.

The strategic partnership between HashFast and Uniquify, a leading high-performance semiconductor intellectual property (IP) and system-on-chip (SoC) design, integration and manufacturing services supplier, is poised to move HashFast to the forefront of the cryptographic hashing industry.

tl;dr  Lafcoin just lost the ASIC arms race, before they could get out of the starting gate!   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:33:36 AM

So you want an update with some juicy ASIC news?

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.

Xpost relevant to your interests:

Well fuck me sideways!!    Cool

Uniquify, HashFast Ink Agreement to Produce ASICs to Increase Hashing Speed for Bitcoin Miners

geeks.broadwayworld.com / Aug, 13, 2013; 10:38 AM

SAN JOSE, CA – Uniquify (www.uniquify.com) today signed a multi-year agreement with HashFast Technologies to design and provide silicon fabrication services for a new generation of application specific integrated circuits (ASICs) expected to dramatically increase hashing speed for Bitcoin miners.

Under terms of the agreement, HashFast Technologies, a pioneer in custom designs of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing, will use Uniquify’s technology for the production of ASIC chips for cryptographic hashing.

The strategic partnership between HashFast and Uniquify, a leading high-performance semiconductor intellectual property (IP) and system-on-chip (SoC) design, integration and manufacturing services supplier, is poised to move HashFast to the forefront of the cryptographic hashing industry.

tl;dr  Lafcoin just lost the ASIC arms race, before they could get out of the starting gate!   Cheesy

I'm pretty sure that ActM proved that press releases are a joke in this industry...
physalis

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:52:28 AM

geeks.broadwayworld.com / Aug, 13, 2013; 10:38 AM

tl;dr  Lafcoin just lost the ASIC arms race, before they could get out of the starting gate!   Cheesy

I don't even know what this is showing in your opinion... Uniquify = HashFast. So they signed some kind of deal with themselves basically..?
And even if that press release wasn't a complete joke, how would that mean "we lost the ASIC arms race"? They haven't made anything yet, and they don't plan to do so long after labcoin, or ActM for that matter...
I think we're safe dude. And you're getting pretty annoying with your bullshit.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 03:57:31 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 10:52:59 AM by freedomno1

You guys can't lose an arms race your not officially in yet wait till the units start rolling
Until then AM remains King  Wink

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
aiwill

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

btcman.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 04:38:16 AM

HI TheSwede75, thanks for your blessing reply to Garden,I m  currently doing the same  Grin

Hope your team will succeed later~~~
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 04:57:10 AM

I think we're safe dude. And you're getting pretty annoying with your bullshit

Touchy, touchy!  You're very thin skinned for one so confident of his "investment."   Wink

Lafcoin's chips will be obsolete before they begin hashing, thanks to Avalon, AM, and Hashfast/ice.drill.

That is reality, deal with it or

Speaking of ACTM, I've seen this movie before and it doesn't turn out well for those taking the 'ZOMG SHUT UP ICEBREAKER ERMAHGAWD I HATE YOUR STUPID FACE' approach.    Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Ytterbium

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 06:02:10 AM

There's no reason to think that only one company can produce ASICs.  Even with GPUs you have both AMD and Nvidia.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 06:38:02 AM

Of course more than one company can (successfully/profitably) produce ASICs.

The names of those companies are Hashfast and Cointerra.

Lagcoin is not among them.

In the Hashfast:AMD::Cointerra:Nvidia syllogism, Lagcoin is Trident.   Grin

^^Lagcoin "technology"

^^Hashfast technology

Can you spot the difference?   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 06:47:26 AM

Can you spot the difference?   Cheesy
Yep as clear as day

real electronic device that works.

A huge turd that's actually a figment of someones imagination. on drugs obviously.

Grin Cheesy Grin
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2013, 07:03:52 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2013, 07:26:58 AM by iCEBREAKER

lol, nicely played amigo!   Cool

If only LAGCOIN's steampunk "technology" were as laudable as your sense of humor...  Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... 914 »
  Print  

Jump to: