Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:34:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?  (Read 7664 times)
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 03:34:25 AM

Of course, it is too risky nowadays to just rely on one type of asset. You should learn how to diversify your investments by not relying on one altcoin only. As the old saying goes, do not put all of your eggs in a single basket. You know why? If one goes down, all of it would go down too. By putting some of your funds to various altcoins, at least you would lessen your frustration or disappointment in case the market falls.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
Oktianabns

Activity: 146
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:03:01 AM

My prediction for you will be one of those Marijuana Coins for the cannabis industry like Potcoin, Dopecoin, Cannabiscoin, Hempcoin etc.
The price will grow fast in 2018. And then another project like WeTrust, Matchpool or SONM. This will bring you more profit in a short time then to invest all
500 $ only in a top 10 coin like Ripple.
IMatveeva

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:30:24 AM

It is better to divide the money into 3 or 5 parts. Buy some altcoins, it's safer. But all altcoins are growing in the same way as bitcoin, bitcoin is growing by 20% and then altcoins are also growing by 20% . But it's still safer to split your money into several altcoins.
henry80

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:32:14 AM

500$ so you can risk it all!
Huge profit or lose it all.
Small coin can jump high!
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:34:56 AM

It is better to invest in 2-3 coins is more safe, because the most important thing is to save your fund and profit is not the most important thing.
I think the main goal of investment is profit. but using all your money in 1 coin only is a risky thing. moreover it is possible coins could be a scam. and you will lose all your money. using some coins will reduce the risk and it will be more profitable. because it is very possible some coins you buy pump simultaneously
iamike

Activity: 314
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:09:45 AM

investing all your capital/money in one altcoin to me is more than too risky. Looking at the trend where there is constant fluctuation in the price of the altcoins. If you do that the probability of you losing all your money is too high. I suggest you divide it though your money may look small but do that please
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:24:28 AM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
Of course look where are feathercoin, namecoin - these coins are dead, but 5 years ago, they were as big as Litecoin.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
lordmick

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:44:16 AM

Of course investment in one asset is too risky. Each investor knows that there is always a need to follow the principles of risk management and diversification. Do not put all the eggs in one basket.
Tuare aget

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:46:40 AM

Yep, it's too risky. Never put all your eggs in one basket, the proverb says. Besides that, in altcoin season like this where almost every altcoin is rising, spreading your funds into several altcoins is better. It will increase the odds that at least some of them, if not all, will rise a lot at some point.

I'm currently investing on about 5-10 coins. Whenever a coin already made me enough profit, I sold them and reinvest the money to another promising altcoin.
You have good choice to pull money into 5 or 10 several coins to split the risk because we never know what will happen to our asset if only one asset. Choose more have higher probability to win.
5 till 10 coins is the average of amount coin so if less than that amount then its not good but if more i think its too traffic.
Krillin61

Activity: 314
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:04:05 PM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
Putting all your money in one altcoin is very risky nowadays, even though there are many great altcoins now in the market their value and movement in the market is still unpredictable. So my suggestion is why you are putting all your money in one altcoins when there are many great altcoins in the market and all of them is good to invest with.
Godef

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 12:56:11 PM

Of course, I think that you need to take a risk, because without the risk and will not achieve anything, it is the risk that allows you what no one expected, for it and the risk, and it happens that the risk is not possible, but for it and there.
filtyfrank251

Activity: 364

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:16:25 PM

investing all your capital/money in one altcoin to me is more than too risky. Looking at the trend where there is constant fluctuation in the price of the altcoins. If you do that the probability of you losing all your money is too high. I suggest you divide it though your money may look small but do that please
High risk, high profitability. So when you invest all in an altcoin if the potential altcoin you will succeed a lot, we can see many coin prices rise very high and your capital will increase many times. So if you dare to venture out, you will quickly get rich. But the risk will be very high as you say.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
Nanagyasi

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:21:34 PM

There is this proverb that goes like; do not store your eggs in one basket.  This is to say that it is very risky to have all your investment in one coin. It will be less riskier to diversify it such that even if one project fails, the others might not. However, if per your research you think a single project can be very successful than why not.

BurakXel

Activity: 238
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:40:39 PM

It seems to me that this is very risky. But this does not mean that you can not use this strategy. If you are completely sure of the coin that you are going to buy, you can invest in it.
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:02:58 PM

Well I think it is risky but sometimes I do it specially if I am just going to do a short trade and I know that the coin or token would be pump,
It is only for a short trade but I don't really recommend it for a long term trade because most of the alt-coin that I have seen or hold just end up being dump.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
O9NpJ9ld1opS

Activity: 176

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:07:37 PM

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Too much risky, especially in crypto. Diversification is a good option. In your case you can invest in 2-3 good projects and hold for long term. Also make sure to invest some portion n BTC, it's very important.
jashley

Activity: 280

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:19:28 PM

Hi,

Thanks
Yes you are right with that it is very risky unless you got very lucky the coins you've chose has been pump. But the secret is to diversify your portfolio properly pick the best 5 coins you think that has really a big potential in the future because that's more profitable instead of choosing one only.

GLOBAL CRYPTO OFFERING EXCHANGE                               
RISE ABOVE!   WHERE POPULARITY IS IMMORTALIZED
╚               ▶ Twitter         ▶ Facebook         ▶ Youtube         ▶ WHhitepaper               ╝
1DC

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:00:20 PM

Hi,

Thanks

I suggest that you should not put all your money in just one coin, the main reason is that crypto market is unstable and you might lost everything when the coin you invested with goes down , it's better to invest in 2 to 3 more coin because you can have an option coin and maximizing your investment helps you earn more. 
Mang Li

Activity: 327

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:08:47 PM

its depends on what altcoin do you want to all in
if you choose a solid altcoin such as ethereum or eos i think thats okay
and you minimize the risk by invest in solid altcoin

Fedrey

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:11:04 PM

Hi,

Thanks

I suggest that you should not put all your money in just one coin, the main reason is that crypto market is unstable and you might lost everything when the coin you invested with goes down , it's better to invest in 2 to 3 more coin because you can have an option coin and maximizing your investment helps you earn more. 
in any case, if a person very much desires to have exactly 1 altcoin for all his money, then it is better to choose an etherium, because it is the only coin that can give guarantees of its prospects in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: