Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:40:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BETA][EXCHANGE][REALTIME] CoinEX realtime exchange  (Read 283594 times)
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:13:58 AM

I think now would be the appropriate time to doxxx Erundook and raise a bounty to seek him out for some street justice, as it's obvious (and should have been from the start) that he scammed us all and ran with the money.   Hell, already have his name, just need to seek out his associates or perhaps even his parents/relatives which should set off some alarms for him to suddenly start answering messages.

I'd be down donate JUST to see this happen, even if we don't get back the money.  These scumbags need to learn you can't just commit grandscale fraud and not have to answer to consequences.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:46:05 PM

So.. still nothing from erundook regarding all these 'lost' coins?
nyktalgia

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:24:39 AM

Still missing 43 HBN,  33 UNO, can't withdrawal my 2mil+ zeit... FUCK YOU COINEX!

boilerkim

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:33:01 AM

Just saw this in the chatbox

https://i.imgur.com/EpJDGrb.jpg
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:42:20 AM

they still owe me 260K ZET

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:31:41 AM

You kept the equivalent of $5500 worth of ZET in an online exchange?  Really!  And you are a Senior Member of BitcoinTalk since May 2013.... You're sure that you didn't have BTC at MtGox also?  ...  You haven't done a lot a reading, have you?

If not, you just got your first "free" lesson in security...  You don't even know the names, or location of operation, of the people you have "entrusted" your money with.  

I have no pity for you.  You can't leave anything on any online exchanges or wallets - you should know better than anyone else: you don't own the private keys!  

Problems with coins started when user attempted to withdraw them, it has nothing to do with how much you keep at exchange. If you can't withdraw
coins, you don't have them and in case of CoinEX it ended exactly like that so scam so fuck off CoinEX! But yes, some (if not most) people are dumb
and keep a lot or all their coins at exchanges or some other services including online wallets. Those people deserve to be scammed until they realise
trusting 3rd party when it comes to your money was, is and will always be a bad idea. At that point they might realise running local wallets is good for
network as well as safety of their own coins.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:36:51 PM

Calm down - those things that you call "coins" are just bits on a wallet.dat file - nothing more.  Just bits. They have no value.  It is your greed talking...   CryptoCurrencies are just a gambling game - someone hacked CoinEX, and you lost.  Maybe you will win back again on another "coin".  I don't even know why CoinEx just simply didn't close down their site, like 50BTC.com did.

Maybe we should also put "bounties" on negligent people who leaves their belongings overnight on online exchanges, pools or wallets...

Leaving your wallet full of money on a train station bench, is the equivalent of leaving "coins" on any online service.  Don't blame anybody other than yourself.  

The web is full of information about heists on online websites - read and educate yourself: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576337

How will the exchange operate if no one leaves money there, in limit orders?

I try to be respectful and informed.
flipstyle

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:16:01 PM

Calm down - those things that you call "coins" are just bits on a wallet.dat file - nothing more.  Just bits. They have no value.  It is your greed talking...   CryptoCurrencies are just a gambling game - someone hacked CoinEX, and you lost.  Maybe you will win back again on another "coin".  I don't even know why CoinEx just simply didn't close down their site, like 50BTC.com did.

Maybe we should also put "bounties" on negligent people who leaves their belongings overnight on online exchanges, pools or wallets...

Leaving your wallet full of money on a train station bench, is the equivalent of leaving "coins" on any online service.  Don't blame anybody other than yourself.  

The web is full of information about heists on online websites - read and educate yourself: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=576337

Giga isn't exactly the brightest bulb.

Awesome logic.  Switch the blame towards the end user for having any funds in an 'exchange.'  Because we were asking to get scammed, right?

This is the typical mentality of the crypto world...never the scammers fault.  No wonder this place is a breeding grounds for conmen and the like. 
dicser

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:48:27 PM

give me back my dogcoins
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 07:47:43 PM

Awesome logic.  Switch the blame towards the end user for having any funds in an 'exchange.'  Because we were asking to get scammed, right?

This is the typical mentality of the crypto world...never the scammers fault.  No wonder this place is a breeding grounds for conmen and the like. 

QFT

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:09:55 PM

QFT

I agree too,

Blaming the users because they leave money on the exchange is rather brainless... how are we supposed to trade?

I am very patient with CoinEX... they came through in the past and I still believe they can do it again... but with each passing day... I get a little more disappointed and irritated by their lack of communication.

I understand fully what's it like to run a business and having issues... that I can live with. What is UNACCEPTABLE is the lack of communication. People are starting to get angry at CoinEX and while most of us can understand the problems they have... FRANKLY, it has to stay that way... THEIR PROBLEM!

By not communicating clearly and every once in a while, CoinEX is putting pressure on the users where it does not belong.  And is aggravating the situation by the same mean.

If we had slow but steady updates... it would be better than having no updates at all!  Keeping hostage our coins is purely unethical and unprofessional (like I said in an earlier post, I don't believe they got stollen all the alts... at least not the cheap ones!) and it makes you guys look more like thieves and scammers.

We live in the Age of Information, so welcome to the 21st century... now please give us information!

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
nyktalgia

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:31:09 PM

You kept the equivalent of $5500 worth of ZET in an online exchange?  Really!  And you are a Senior Member of BitcoinTalk since May 2013.... You're sure that you didn't have BTC at MtGox also?  ...  You haven't done a lot a reading, have you?

If not, you just got your first "free" lesson in security...  You don't even know the names, or location of operation, of the people you have "entrusted" your money with.  

I have no pity for you.  You can't leave anything on any online exchanges or wallets - you should know better than anyone else: you don't own the private keys!  

However, the owners of CoinEx have been true to their words since July 2013 - despite their anonymity.  I just hope (for your sake) that they will come true again.

When you spend so much time in the bitcoin world you can sometimes let your guard down, and be careless for a bit or maybe be busy with IRL shit.  Happened to me and I like to think I am pretty careful, maybe not careful enough I guess.  I expect people to be honest though, but of course people will always give into temptation.

r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:43:34 PM

i don't think that coinex scammed you guys(but they very well could have done so, only they know for certain what happened). ive been in their position unfortunately, and if they indeed were hacked and lost your funds, they are likely shitting theirselves somewhere watching their dreams circle drain. just my 2 cents. good luck to all involved, and if coinex scammed their customers, shame on you captainfuture and erundook. you are better than that.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
Artlover

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 01:27:09 PM

Blaming the users because they leave money on the exchange is rather brainless...
Not at all. It's an exchange, not a bank.

how are we supposed to trade?
You open your wallet and transfer funds when you are ready.

I am very patient with CoinEX... they came through in the past and I still believe they can do it again
They were never hit like this in the past. They also didn't take a largely hands off approach last time ignoring the site leaving it in non functional shambles either. Still hasn't fulfilled other promises made, like with regards to stock options.

... but with each passing day... I get a little more disappointed and irritated by their lack of communication.

I understand fully what's it like to run a business and having issues... that I can live with. What is UNACCEPTABLE is the lack of communication. People are starting to get angry at CoinEX and while most of us can understand the problems they have... FRANKLY, it has to stay that way... THEIR PROBLEM!

By not communicating clearly and every once in a while, CoinEX is putting pressure on the users where it does not belong.  And is aggravating the situation by the same mean.

We live in the Age of Information, so welcome to the 21st century... now please give us information!
Agreed. I was willing to be understanding too at first. But it's getting harder to do. Ignoring many issues entirely, not giving updates, making delusional excuses as to why he's not giving updates, getting angry with the customer base....

I'll be honest. My patients is turning into a desire that he fail and looses his ass just out of spite to be completely honest.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:56:05 PM

If everyone does this, no one can trade.

I try to be respectful and informed.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:11:58 PM

Agree, we have to distingiush between not being careful about your funds and being able to trade with full flexibility. It should be included in the risk of running an exchange that you are responsible for the funds that you have there. You may charge traders higher premiums for that to spread the costs.

this space is intentionally left blank
cannachris

cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:37:54 PM

Are LTC withdrawals still working?

cannachris

cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 04:40:14 PM

Just confirmed LTC witdrawals working myself. I am now coinex-free, just to be safe. Cryptsy has a pretty decent track record right?

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:02:27 PM

Just confirmed LTC witdrawals working myself. I am now coinex-free, just to be safe. Cryptsy has a pretty decent track record right?

Craptsy has a record of holding coins your for days to weeks when the price is on the rise and then returning them when they are in the shitter.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
unick

Activity: 504
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:19:12 PM

Agree, we have to distingiush between not being careful about your funds and being able to trade with full flexibility. It should be included in the risk of running an exchange that you are responsible for the funds that you have there. You may charge traders higher premiums for that to spread the costs.

Exactly my point, how are you supposed to trade if there is no BUY/SELL orders? Thus the brainless term I used, it's just not logical. How do you expect having a market if there is nothing to buy or sell ?

I never used CoinEX, nor did I imply to use it, as a bank.  But I had maybe .5 BTC worth of coins on there just for TRADING. Once I bought the coins I wanted, I TRIED to withdraw them...I'm still trying more than 2 weeks later, with no communication on their behalf!

I'm not putting the blame as much on their lack of security protocols (After all, all this crypto things is pretty much beta), hacks and theft happens daily in the "real world"! The banks/CC companies/etc had just more time to adapt their business to that reality.  But what I just find plain lame and unethical, is their lack of communication.

It doesn't matter how many BTC you have in there.  It still sucks not being able to withdraw them out and sucks even more not knowing what is going on! I can assume they ran of with my money... but it would just be an assumption (given, a damn good one!)

Awesome Explorers for Awesome Coins | Show some BTC love here: 1AAYAZgaz2me7hyumexUZzcyGRZEYtCx5C
HoboNickels: hbn.blockx.info | BottleCaps: cap.blockx.info | GrowthCoin: grw.blockx.info
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: