Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:00:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 144 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BETA][EXCHANGE][REALTIME] CoinEX realtime exchange  (Read 283594 times)
shawk08033

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 05:40:04 PM

Just want to say a couple things: 1) Nobody will ever insure a crypto coin exchange, thats throwing money away. 2) Coinex was repeatedly warned about their troll chat box and hackers ability to inject code through the chat box and access mysql database, but chose to ignore and continue 3) I've never seen such a bullshit operation such as coinex, people cry about Cryptsy, but Crypsty is always there, unhacked. Everytime I was on coinex, I'd see numerous people bitching about support issues not being resolved, deposits not coming through, transfers taking forever, coins stuck in limbo, etc... Yet people say Cryptsy is slow. Hey, at least that shit works and hasnt been hacked.

I seen one comment a while back in this thread, someone saying 'us adults'... you do realize coinex was run by a couple kids, right? It dont matter if you're adults, the people controlling your money barely have pubes on their nuts. Get a clue.

This has all been a hilarious scenario, all the posts, etc... Thanks for the entertainment! lol

It depends on what sql method the used with there chat box and if it was in the same database that store the rest of the info.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fasbit

Activity: 425
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:58:07 PM

Federal FinCEN rules for example were written to cover: grocery store coupons, money orders, checks, tokens, foreign currency, stored value cards etc.  They did everything they could to cover "currency like" products.  THIS INCLUDES SPECIFIC RULES ISSUED CONCERNING BITCOIN AND PROGENY.

AIUI, this is only when Bitcoin (or other "virtual currency") is converted to/from "real currency". See http://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html . Do you have something you can link to that says otherwise?

Part of the confusion is related to definitions.  Under FinCen, crypto exchanges like Coinex, and Craptsy are not currency exchanges, they are money transmitters. << Big regulatory difference.

"However, an administrator or exchanger is an MSB under FinCEN's regulations, specifically, a money transmitter," -  http://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html - paragraph 1

This is the hook.  Craptsy is a Money Transmitter and the rules are very tight on these guys (I know first hand, since I am a Federallylicensed MSB).  They are the same BSA rules as bank have.  Legally, opening an account with Craptsy should be no different than opening a bank account.

Here is Definition of Money Transmitter.  I highlighted in red for emphasis.

"(A) A person that provides money transmission services. The term “money transmission services” means the acceptance of currency, funds, or other value that substitutes for currency from one person and the transmission of currency, funds, or other value that substitutes for currency to another location or person by any means. “Any means” includes, but is not limited to, through a financial agency or institution; a Federal Reserve Bank or other facility of one or more Federal Reserve Banks, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, or both; an electronic funds transfer network; or an informal value transfer system; or
(B) Any other person engaged in the transfer of funds."  - http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/31/1010.100 - 31 CFR § 1010.100(ff)(5)(ii)(A)-(F)

/fasbit
anth0ny

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:45:55 PM

"However, an administrator or exchanger is an MSB under FinCEN's regulations, specifically, a money transmitter," -  http://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html - paragraph 1

And "An exchanger is a person engaged as a business in the exchange of virtual currency for real currency, funds, or other virtual currency."

Hmm. Looks like you're right. Thanks. I actually pulled everything (which was less than 1 BTC, which I put there mostly to buy some NMC) out of Cryptsy a few days ago because of the general bugginess of the site. Glad I've done so.
micers

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 06:59:33 PM

Federal FinCEN rules for example were written to cover: grocery store coupons, money orders, checks, tokens, foreign currency, stored value cards etc.  They did everything they could to cover "currency like" products.  THIS INCLUDES SPECIFIC RULES ISSUED CONCERNING BITCOIN AND PROGENY.

AIUI, this is only when Bitcoin (or other "virtual currency") is converted to/from "real currency". See http://fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2013-G001.html . Do you have something you can link to that says otherwise?

Part of the confusion is related to definitions.  Under FinCen, crypto exchanges like Coinex, and Craptsy are not currency exchanges, they are money transmitters. << Big regulatory difference.

This is the hook.  Craptsy is a Money Transmitter and the rules are very tight on these guys (I know first hand, since I am a Federallylicensed MSB).  They are the same BSA rules as bank have.  Legally, opening an account with Craptsy should be no different than opening a bank account.

"(A) A person that provides money transmission services. The term “money transmission services” means the acceptance of currency, funds, or other value that substitutes for currency from one person and the transmission of currency, funds, or other value that substitutes for currency to another location or person by any means. “Any means” includes, but is not limited to, through a financial agency or institution; a Federal Reserve Bank or other facility of one or more Federal Reserve Banks, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, or both; an electronic funds transfer network; or an informal value transfer system; or
(B) Any other person engaged in the transfer of funds."  - http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/31/1010.100 - 31 CFR § 1010.100(ff)(5)(ii)(A)-(F)

/fasbit

Thank God you are not an attorney.  I was starting to get worried there.  Way to 1) hijack a thread and change the topic and exploit the number of hits the thread is getting and 2) spread an unbelievable load of manure and FUD.
awais3344

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:23:27 PM

omg cant believe these new accounts spending so much positive about a website who has apparently no answer to what has happened to questions, which coins were stolen? which coins were not? If not all coins were stolen, then refund us? or at least make a list of who the fuck lost how much? is it too difficult? creating this bogus accounts to post positive things is a doubtful thing to see. Hope I get my 4M or 5M whatever I had of those zeitcoins.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
fasbit

Activity: 425
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:01:43 PM

/fasbit

Thank God you are not an attorney.  I was starting to get worried there.  Way to 1) hijack a thread and change the topic and exploit the number of hits the thread is getting and 2) spread an unbelievable load of manure and FUD.

OH..my bad...   COINEX is an illegal money transmitter... what the fuck was I thinking by pointing out that Cryptsy was going down this same tube as COINEX and Mt Gox and [insert name of next one here] ....
fitz360

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:04:10 PM

Yea dude wife is ready to kill me over this  Undecided

BTC: 15oJ5vJcZdjmiih4YMNVcPrfMYMSNaV87f
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 08:19:32 PM

calm down. ive been through the loop with coinex in these situations more times than one. if they say everything will be fine, it will be. if they say they will be online soon.. they will be. if they said you havent lost a penny because ur covered.. that's the way it is.

btw bitcoin based insurance is a brilliant idea.. hope you guys can achieve that deal. its what mtgox shouldve done. but if u guys achieve this it will really be a big win not only for bitcoin but for your exchange. Best Wishes to Coinex team.

and cut your wife a deal.. since she is ready to punish you for losing, she should reward you for everything being alright ;p

fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:21:39 PM

omg cant believe these new accounts spending so much positive about a website who has apparently no answer to what has happened to questions, which coins were stolen? which coins were not? If not all coins were stolen, then refund us? or at least make a list of who the fuck lost how much? is it too difficult? creating this bogus accounts to post positive things is a doubtful thing to see. Hope I get my 4M or 5M whatever I had of those zeitcoins.

im not a new account and thats because coinex was the best place to trade and have a beer.

good times

captainfuture was always in the chat ready to help anyone, but tickets kinda had a backlog...and before the site was slow as shit...but it was the best

lets just hope they figure something out
Todamont

Activity: 599
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:24:52 PM

Any news about Coinex.pw? Still down and no formal announcements?
_s3v3n_

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:26:00 PM

Awesome update CoinEx.

RDD RjBUYX75fvQ1yeSDJPkuB5wU35etvZ9JES
c234545

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:31:55 PM

calm down. ive been through the loop with coinex in these situations more times than one. if they say everything will be fine, it will be. if they say they will be online soon.. they will be. if they said you havent lost a penny because ur covered.. that's the way it is.

btw bitcoin based insurance is a brilliant idea.. hope you guys can achieve that deal. its what mtgox shouldve done. but if u guys achieve this it will really be a big win not only for bitcoin but for your exchange. Best Wishes to Coinex team.

and cut your wife a deal.. since she is ready to punish you for losing, she should reward you for everything being alright ;p

Rather than paying someone else for insurance they could (self insure) create an escrow account and store it in other ways at two or three other places and in Yen and gold and CD's.

If they have a 2% fee on trades and mining then they could dedicate 10% of that to an escrow of up to 20% of the customer wallet they are holding. And once reached use the 10% to beef up and maintain the security.

More importantly is having someone really smart that's dedicated to the security issues. They can deflect and minimize and then hopefully stop a hacker cold. They can set traps and trackers to help catch them. the possibilities are out there to stop them or at least trip them up and catch them, but if they aren't trying then it won't happen.  

They had a great thing going and I'd hate to see the site become history, I have had fun trading there.  

shawk08033

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 09:37:44 PM

The atleast need to take that damn maintenance mode off the website and write a formal apology, also there plain for getting the money back. It would gain a little more respect possibly. 

I myself am not taking a side to screw coinex.pw or help them as of right now.
Coinler

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 09:50:51 PM

Rather than paying someone else for insurance they could (self insure) create an escrow account and store it in other ways at two or three other places and in Yen and gold and CD's.

If they have a 2% fee on trades and mining then they could dedicate 10% of that to an escrow of up to 20% of the customer wallet they are holding. And once reached use the 10% to beef up and maintain the security.

More importantly is having someone really smart that's dedicated to the security issues. They can deflect and minimize and then hopefully stop a hacker cold. They can set traps and trackers to help catch them. the possibilities are out there to stop them or at least trip them up and catch them, but if they aren't trying then it won't happen.  

They had a great thing going and I'd hate to see the site become history, I have had fun trading there.  

if you want to set traps ud need to code something that simulates the environment when a hacker logs in and log all the commands he attempts to perform on the database etc. a dummy network relatively easily accessible to the hacker. before he realizes it he would have given away his hacking method without achieving a thing while he sits and waits for stolen btc to deposit that will never arrive lol.

basically, an easy access network that looks just like a real one but all with dummy figures and no real currency. any attempts to hack the site or network should find the dummy network first. the real network should be well hidden.
Galane

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 10:13:33 PM

if you want to set traps ud need to code something that simulates the environment when a hacker logs in and log all the commands he attempts to perform on the database etc. a dummy network relatively easily accessible to the hacker. before he realizes it he would have given away his hacking method without achieving a thing while he sits and waits for stolen btc to deposit that will never arrive lol.

basically, an easy access network that looks just like a real one but all with dummy figures and no real currency. any attempts to hack the site or network should find the dummy network first. the real network should be well hidden.

A honeypot trap.
Coinler

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:01:19 PM

A honeypot trap.

yep.. if coinex wants to try this route im sure they can figure something out. crypto exchanges in general should be doing this. it will help mitigate attacks before they really happen. there's alot of undocumented hacks out there exploits and vulnerabilities that arent public and held exclusively by those who figured them out themselves.
Jumperre

Activity: 99

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:05:14 PM

Well  just do some homework on Craptsy.  They are an illegal exchange.  They do not have a License by the state of Florida to do what they are doing.  They will be the next one to fall.  They are also in violation of their federal MSB federal registration AND they are not licensed buy the CFTC like they should be.  
Florida Violation >  No money service business License.
FinCEN Violation > No KYC or AML compliance.
CFTC > No registration.

If you have money on Craptsy, it will be gone when feds take it down.

/fasbit

###EDIT > Coinex did its best to hide its identity, all VPN, no address, no public registration. NO ACCOUNTABILITY.  

Evidently you didn't do your homework on Cryptsy:
Project Investors Inc. FinCEN BSA ID: 31000027060819 <---- Found in 1 second on the footer of their website!
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:25:11 PM

I believe they spent/spend alot of money getting licenses etc and intend to exchange to dollars at some point

If USA were to outlaw, they would be driving a global business off shore which doesnt sound especially profitable for a country centred on high finance

Im interested on checking my coinex.pw balances as I cannot remember how much I had there, I dont think much but cant we check on a disabled site.   It would help move towards restoring confidence, etc

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
techman05

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 11:39:48 PM

The atleast need to take that damn maintenance mode off the website and write a formal apology, also there plain for getting the money back. It would gain a little more respect possibly. 

I myself am not taking a side to screw coinex.pw or help them as of right now.

I'd be just as happy if the pools were down. I put it at the bottom of my list and coinex gets the connection first [every freaking time Shocked]. I'd love to hope cgminer or some other competitor would have an easy disable feature to stick in my config file when something like this happens.

I don't want to add more mining to coinex till all this is worked out. My luck is as a start they'll regenerate all wallet addresses and I don't want to accidentally add to fudging coinex coming back up.

I'm interested on checking my coinex.pw balances as I cannot remember how much I had there, I dont think much but cant we check on a disabled site.   It would help move towards restoring confidence, etc

Me too since I never got the api to work with apps like "bitcoinium" and  "coin pool monitor" that don't use secret code yet. I'd figure the wallets should be down anyway while they secure them , potentially.

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
flipstyle

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:56:31 PM

Well if this is the case, then can you please answer my previous question?  How long did it take to get your stolen account balances refunded from them in the previous fiascos?  I think some kind of ETA might help to put my mind at ease a bit...but 8 word twitter updates every few days form coinex directly isn't exactly helping ATM.
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 144 »
  Print  

Jump to: