Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:53:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273546 times)
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 10:42:19 PM

8 chip Drillbit Board (including chips) - $300

am i to understand that each chip gets roughly 2GH/s so an 8 chip fully assembled miner will get 8Gh/s?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
philwho27

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:12:54 PM

am i to understand that each chip gets roughly 2GH/s so an 8 chip fully assembled miner will get 8Gh/s?

running at stable speeds the 8 chip system will produce about 16GH/s (2*8=16), however the bitfury chips are able to be over clocked to around 2.7GH/s a chip (2.7*8=21.6GH/s). However when these chips are over clocked they become extremely hot requiring extra cooling, running at these high temperatures also increases error rate and decreases lifespan of the product (due to slight imperfections in the wafers themselves).
Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:14:24 PM

2 X 8 = 16

A basic stable rate of 16 GH/s with potential overclocking up to 21.6 GH/s

Edit: Thanks Philwoo. Beat me to it.  Smiley
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:18:31 PM

I have been in contact with Barntech and will be visiting as soon as there is something to see & photograph.
This may be as little as a blank PCB - as due to the urgency of getting things moving, I figure the sooner we get any independent verification that these guys are on track the sooner the group buy will be filled.

I was just going to suggest something like that. After all the scams and such, it helps both parties involved:
- The fabs are seen as legit and get more business.
- The buyers (us) feel more comfy and order.

The verification of ID here by a member is a great first step, but it is just ID and we are talking tens, hundreds and sometimes millions of dollars.

I mean, think about it, if a person has a business and advertises, often there is an address, picture of the owner, diplomas/certs., etc. The more information the more trust.

I'm not saying this against or for anyone, just mentioning it here as I'm thinking about this GB. Again, it benefits everyone involved.

Thx,
IAS

Julz is going to come visit us once we have a prototype to show off. I also extend the invite to anyone else in the Sydney area who wants to come by and say hello / check out what were up to.  Grin

Barntech
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:24:01 PM

Maybe you could host a Google hangouts or something like that for those who have bought in?  That would be pretty sweet!

realestone
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:30:48 PM

2 X 8 = 16

A basic stable rate of 16 GH/s with potential overclocking up to 21.6 GH/s

Edit: Thanks Philwoo. Beat me to it.  Smiley

oops miscalculation lol  Grin
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:38:27 PM

I'm talking about pre-orders for October! They used to be listed on the site for anyone to buy and now they are no longer available to PRE-order. One real of chips does not constitute a 'large order' anyway. This is a reasonable question, unless Barntech has some other arrangement made. 

I am aware that the reels are no longer on the Megabigpower site. There are changes going on over there that is their information to tell, not mine.

We are looking good for our chips though. I am in communication with Dave from Megabigpower and will be making a deposit soon to lock the reel down. I'll keep you all updated on the progress of this.

Barntech
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:39:32 PM

Maybe you could host a Google hangouts or something like that for those who have bought in?  That would be pretty sweet!

Nice idea Lajz. Maybe we will.  Smiley
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:43:03 PM

Hey there, Really interest in the drillbit thumbs. Are they similar to the asicminer units but with bitfury chips?  Would my current set up of a 10 port usb powered hub and small fan be ok to use?

Also, Just looked at the paypal buy page and there doesn`t seem to be a selection for the thumbs..

Thanks guys, this project looks awesome...

Yes,

The Drillbit Thumbs are just like the Block Erupter USBs but with a Bitfury chip at ~2Gh/s. Yes your current hub will run them if it happily runs the ASICminer ones.

I have just added a PAYPAL button for the thumbs so feel free to jump on there and order.

Cheers.

Barntech
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:52:53 PM

Going to preorder one soon, as long as he could clear up how the preorder of the chips goes? Smiley

So...99 usd is only for one chip USB while 300 is for 8 chip assembled board?

Yes those are the prices. You have the option to pay for the chips now and the assembly later, or pay for both now. You can pay via BTC to the address on the page and fill in the email form so i can track your payment, or you can pay via paypal at http://drillbitsystem.com

Cheers.
realestone
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 12:34:54 AM

Going to preorder one soon, as long as he could clear up how the preorder of the chips goes? Smiley

Yes those are the prices. You have the option to pay for the chips now and the assembly later, or pay for both now. You can pay via BTC to the address on the page and fill in the email form so i can track your payment, or you can pay via paypal at http://drillbitsystem.com

Cheers.

considering buying a few 8 chip miners is the tentative date these will start shipping october?
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 01:10:52 AM

Cheers.

considering buying a few 8 chip miners is the tentative date these will start shipping october?

Yes. Late October, early November is our anticipated delivery time.
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 06:34:17 AM

I've just ordered 3 thumbs (6gh/s?) via paypal.

really looking forward to this.

Thanks
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 07:08:10 AM

I have been in contact with Barntech and will be visiting as soon as there is something to see & photograph.
This may be as little as a blank PCB - as due to the urgency of getting things moving, I figure the sooner we get any independent verification that these guys are on track the sooner the group buy will be filled.

I was just going to suggest something like that. After all the scams and such, it helps both parties involved:
- The fabs are seen as legit and get more business.
- The buyers (us) feel more comfy and order.

The verification of ID here by a member is a great first step, but it is just ID and we are talking tens, hundreds and sometimes millions of dollars.

I mean, think about it, if a person has a business and advertises, often there is an address, picture of the owner, diplomas/certs., etc. The more information the more trust.

I'm not saying this against or for anyone, just mentioning it here as I'm thinking about this GB. Again, it benefits everyone involved.

Thx,
IAS

Julz is going to come visit us once we have a prototype to show off. I also extend the invite to anyone else in the Sydney area who wants to come by and say hello / check out what were up to.  Grin

Barntech

Great news Barntech, I noticed the post up there. This will attract more people. Benefits everyone.

Good luck!

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
jtkanpp2

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 03:09:29 PM

Ok I just purchased 4 fully assemebled boards. Looking forward to this.

vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 05:01:08 PM

Any rough specs on the the larger 8 chip boards?  I think I like to have a couple in my mining "cupboard"

Thanks Smiley
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:13:51 PM

do we have to run the drillbtit overclocked or can they run at stock speed to save heat/electric cost?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 11:24:01 PM

Was considering investing into a one of those USB Drillbit systems.. Went to use your website.. NOPE.

You guys need a hand with web design..? Your site just costed you a sale.. And my guess would be more then just i was turned off by the 20 second to build site. :/

I love the idea of the product.. Just highly doubting legitimacy.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
milkbottlec

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:45:39 PM

Have you figure out it yet? Smiley

And I wanna ask, for the 8 chip board, what power supply and cooling do we need for it? And how does this connect? Compare to the USB thumb drive

Will be handling Drillbit System UK/EU replacement components soon (waiting to confirm details, stay tunes)
If I helped you and could pop me some treats for this Christmas, donate some BTC to: 1QEhKaUnFoEBaWmXsrE5AUvbAt95254DXr
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 12:15:50 AM

Can you ship to the US  Huh Approximate cost  Huh

On your website there is no mention of "available units",how do we know you aren't "sold out" & we'll be put in a later que  Huh

Your design,price & release date look very good to me,but..........my questions need an answer before commiting  Wink  I'll have more questions later,I'm sure  Cheesy

I'll be watching VERY closely  Cool

Thanks Barntech !!!!!!!!!!

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: