Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:30:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273555 times)
milkbottlec

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:04:55 PM

3D printing is a really cool idea. Gonna see if we might be able to know up a cool design that people could print for themselves if they want to. Genius. Shocked
Yeah, rather wasting tons to pay DHL UPS. Why not print it at local facilities personally?
I do think most of the big cities/towns have some kind of machining shops willing to do CNC, or some new companies could do 3D printing (if the size is DO-able).
We just need a 3D design file and we could get it done Smiley

Barntech, if you could get a 3D design out, maybe I could pay my uni department to make a CNC one for me, and use it as a sample to review :p

Will be handling Drillbit System UK/EU replacement components soon (waiting to confirm details, stay tunes)
If I helped you and could pop me some treats for this Christmas, donate some BTC to: 1QEhKaUnFoEBaWmXsrE5AUvbAt95254DXr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:40:04 PM

I woke up this morning and it's almost like Christmas!  Awesome to see the progress!

Cointerra may be a little rich for my blood at this point, but I do hope you guys continue with these projects!

realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:06:39 PM

if anyone is interested in selling their order message me im i missed the initial sale
guyver

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:25:46 PM

if anyone is interested in selling their order message me im i missed the initial sale

You need to wait until barntech releases official news on transfer of ownership policy.
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:23:39 PM

I think it is safe to assume hashfast will not ship until November at the earliest (given they just taped out a few days ago). There may be 550-1650 MPP chips shipped out by HF in Feb 2014 needing a PCB home. HF have said they will provide an open source ref design for 3rd party builders.

are you guys working on 28nm systems?

We have a few possibilities in the pipeline for our next project. Main priority of course is to get this one done first, but yes keep your eye out for upcoming Drillbit mega boards. Thinking seriously about Cointerra. What do you guys think? The main issue is that their stuff is huge so it won't be very well suited for small scale mining. Though there might be possibility to set up a few community based minifarms which everyone could chuck in for. Something like that.

Anyways, in the meantime, Bitfurys baby. One thing at a time. Got something special for you any minute now.  Wink

Barntech
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 07:36:26 PM

This must be the most nail biting phase of the whole process coming up guys. 

Al that testing, re testing, bug fixing etc.  I`m a little nervous but excited to see pics and possibly video of our boards hashing!!

Love all that tech stuff......
voxelot

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 07:45:03 PM

I think it is safe to assume hashfast will not ship until November at the earliest (given they just taped out a few days ago). There may be 550-1650 MPP chips shipped out by HF in Feb 2014 needing a PCB home. HF have said they will provide an open source ref design for 3rd party builders.

We have a few possibilities in the pipeline for our next project. Main priority of course is to get this one done first, but yes keep your eye out for upcoming Drillbit mega boards. Thinking seriously about Cointerra. What do you guys think? The main issue is that their stuff is huge so it won't be very well suited for small scale mining. Though there might be possibility to set up a few community based minifarms which everyone could chuck in for. Something like that.

Anyways, in the meantime, Bitfurys baby. One thing at a time. Got something special for you any minute now.  Wink

Barntech

IHMO that is great news that they succeeded in tape out.  But by Feb 14 the Baby Jets I offer open source hosting for will have chewed into the difficulty quite a bit. I am not sure if there would be enough interest in us creating CADs for HF chips that late.  Why not open up reels and gerber files at the same time as Baby Jets?  Unless they are offering us new technology to develop on I am not interested.  Maybe they think their chip will still be interesting by then.     
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 08:11:18 PM

Barntech

IHMO that is great news that they succeeded in tape out.  But by Feb 14 the Baby Jets I offer open source hosting for will have chewed into the difficulty quite a bit. I am not sure if there would be enough interest in us creating CADs for HF chips that late.  Why not open up reels and gerber files at the same time as Baby Jets?  Unless they are offering us new technology to develop on I am not interested.  Maybe they think their chip will still be interesting by then.     

I get the feeling we are like at the stage where things moved from CPU's to GPU's again. The next generation (or one there after) are probably really going to make what we have coming out now, pretty much obsolete. Not a shock to anyone, but having an ASIC is not like "having an ASIC" at the time of GPU's. We are going to be talking about chips in GHash/s that are like mining rigs (actually I think we are).

We shouldn't be blown away by the talk of Ghash/s, it is becoming a very relative term. I think we should look at Ghash/s per 1$ or something like that. It is a bit analogous to BTC value moving to Satoshi's or the like.

Funny, my first and really only group buy, which might be delivered around the time of our rigs here, was about 2X as much as these rigs...

Any ideas on good future GB's? (I try to stay out of that forum as to not be tempted!)

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:15:17 AM

I woke up this morning and it's almost like Christmas!  Awesome to see the progress!

Cointerra may be a little rich for my blood at this point, but I do hope you guys continue with these projects!

Yay christmas.  Smiley

I know, cointerra is a bit crazy at 500 GH/s per chip, but we're thinking about perhaps getting some little farms going that people could buy shares in. Do you think people are interested in this sort of thing. The idea is something along the lines of finding someone to be responsible for hosting in each city and everyone from that city could joing the co-op and be able to go round, see the equipment etc. This seems preferable to me than one centralized farm in a foreign land that you don't get to interact with. Thoughts?

Barntech.
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:17:15 AM

You need to wait until barntech releases official news on transfer of ownership policy.

Stick working that one out. Waiting till we have all the orders locked down first. When i put it to the community a week or so ago, people seemed more in favor of not allowing onsells of preorders. I'm still open to both possibilities. Leave that one with me for a bit longer.

Cheers
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 06:22:23 AM

Yay christmas.  Smiley

I know, cointerra is a bit crazy at 500 GH/s per chip, but we're thinking about perhaps getting some little farms going that people could buy shares in. Do you think people are interested in this sort of thing. The idea is something along the lines of finding someone to be responsible for hosting in each city and everyone from that city could joing the co-op and be able to go round, see the equipment etc. This seems preferable to me than one centralized farm in a foreign land that you don't get to interact with. Thoughts?

Barntech.

I'm not really opposed to the farm route that people can buy into if there's a strong possibility of some real ROI.  If prices for hardware continue to be barely (if at all) profitable then I'd prefer to have my own hardware that I can enjoy and manage personally rather than leaving it to someone else.  I like the new tech and would prefer to be more hands than allowing someone to manage for me.

Regardless, once things work out here I'll find a way to get involved in future projects.  I'm still amazed at the communication and transparency of the project and I'm fairly certain since I bought in on day 1 I can speak for everyone when I say it's appreciated.   

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:24:33 AM

Yay christmas.  Smiley

Barntech.

That seems to me like a fab idea.  I can see it now, 2 or 3 farms dotted around the globe, all hashing away on the same pools and paying divis to members.
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 06:47:38 AM

Hope the testing phase goes smoothly Barntech Smiley

THanks for being so open and candid and helpful throughout this GB.
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 07:15:15 AM

Hope the testing phase goes smoothly Barntech Smiley

THanks for being so open and candid and helpful throughout this GB.

Thank you. Yes here's to a smooth run getting all the tech happening. I have faith in our crew. Should be some exciting updates over the next two weeks.

And thank you also for being enthusiastic and engaged in the group buy. It has been a pleasure to have a solid crew of people always here engaging and keeping the interesting discussions flowing.

And yes, minifarms! ... I like it. A nice way to combat the potential centralization of the bitcoin network that may be coming with so many giant companies and farms joining the scene. See how we go.
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 07:22:39 AM

I havent seen it (may have missed it, sorry) but could you let me know the dimensions of the cards please?

Ta.

And no problem.  Its been a great experience having a constant constructive dialog with the designers of the pcb and system in general.

Cannot wait to get my grubby little mitts on the usbs and my measley single board.  I know this may be answered elsewhere, but any chance of my 8 thumb chips being used in a 2nd board instead?

If not no worries Smiley
monkeynutts

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 09:55:03 AM

Perhaps there could be a news section on the website, all the latest developments and pic etc etc ?
monkeynutts

Activity: 139

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:04:00 AM

Thinking about shipping this morning, ( i know i know we are a ways from that yet )

Would it be cheaper to ship say all uk orders in one go to a single address, then that person could ship them internally.

If such a thing would help to reduce shipping costs and there was a demand for it, Id be willing to offer my services to do this ( after being verified etc etc )

guess its early to be talking about shipping,

thoughts ?
lemonte

Activity: 624
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:06:11 AM

Thinking about shipping this morning, ( i know i know we are a ways from that yet )

Would it be cheaper to ship say all uk orders in one go to a single address, then that person could ship them internally.

If such a thing would help to reduce shipping costs and there was a demand for it, Id be willing to offer my services to do this ( after being verified etc etc )

thoughts ?

I'd be interested in this option and happy to be vetted in order to recieve everything to my home. I have a lot of space and work from home so can get stuff out quickly.

vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2013, 10:27:07 AM

thoughts ?

I'd be interested in this option and happy to be vetted in order to recieve everything to my home. I have a lot of space and work from home so can get stuff out quickly.

THe UK folk are looking into this already, maybe we could arrange a specified person in each country that has demand for it, and then ship from there?
forevernoob

Activity: 687

View Profile
September 03, 2013, 10:47:30 AM

How much is shipping for one unit to Europe? (8 chip system)

I rather pay more for shipping and get it a bit earlier then having to go through a middleman.
But then again I have only ordered one unit so you other guys might have a point.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: