Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:10:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273553 times)
rangerbob21

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:39:35 PM

No batch 1 chips yet?
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:16:14 PM

Surprised there hasn't been any updates on the progress of getting the initial thumb or board hashing.  Issues?
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 11:36:57 PM

Surprised there hasn't been any updates on the progress of getting the initial thumb or board hashing.  Issues?

Barntech isn't answering any specific questions regarding development, either through PM or in the thread. He seems more interested in chatting about postage and cases.  Angry

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 12:20:03 AM

Barntech isn't answering any specific questions regarding development, either through PM or in the thread. He seems more interested in chatting about postage and cases.  Angry
He is not the dev, therefore he has to forward questions and answers.

Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:20:37 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2013, 06:44:48 AM by Barntech

Hey all.

Apologies again for the larger gaps between updates. I don't mean to be leaving anyone hanging, or leaving questions left unanswered. I am flat out each day from waking to sleeping, finalizing orders, shipping, assembly fees, parts orders, assembly bookings etc etc, i am also on endless skype and hangout discussions trying to get things sorted for arrangements on our first and second reels of chips. Each day i respond to as many PMs and emails as i can, but there is a never ending flood constantly coming at me. All this has to be balanced with actually having a life also and i do have other commitments. I'm doing the best i can.

As i think some of you are aware but perhaps not all, we are a team of three people working on this, my job is organisation and it is keeping me well and truly busy. As well as myself, there is Dan on hardware and James on software and firmware. They are both well and truly busy also. Here are some updates on the various facets of our operation.

(edit) Regarding the chips, news just in is that we should be getting them next week or the week after. Apparently Dave's batch is next in line to ship from Europe, so things are moving on that front. Exciting times!

Regarding the hardware, the second round of proto boards are in, the miniplane and double scroll are assembled and ready to go (photos to follow), and the 8 chip board will be assembled today or tomorrow. We are ready to go on that front.

As for the firmware, it is still a work in progress. James is working around the clock to get it done (much to the detriment of his real job!). It is no small task, but it is coming together. We're getting code onto the chip and communication is happening. We're hoping to have some hashing to show you guys really soon. Currently, we're looking at streamlining our firmware to as much of an asynchronous architecture as possible, using USB interrupts and smart queues to save on time otherwise spent on polling routines or idle chips. Also we have some work making good use of the BitFury chips due to their architecture, in particular making up for corrupted nonce calculations. As we are about to receive chips and go in to production, we are going full time on finalizing the firmware, however as our chosen micro-controller (the ATMEL SAM4L) has an inbuilt boot-loader, end-users will be able to flash new updates of the firmware themselves, so we have have the ability of adding extra features to the functionality of the boards even after they have shipped (in particular your ability to control various key aspects of the circuit via software). The ability to release updates down the line will mean that our production won't need to be held up by the firmware, and the boards will get better and better over time.

As for the tying up of loose ends for batch 1, i still need shipping from quite a few of you and assembly from some also. I will update the order queue to indicate who has and hasn't paid.

I will also have a few more Batch one boards available for auction soon if anyone else is interested in picking up a few more.

Hope this answers most of the questions people have been posting. If there is anything else specific people would like to know, please feel free to post here and i will answer immediately.

We're almost there. It's exciting times. I personally can't wait to get these things out to all of you.

Cheers

Barntech
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:23:18 AM

And on much more exciting news. These are looking rather pretty.  Grin  Grin  Grin

vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 05:59:38 AM

And on much more exciting news. These are looking rather pretty.  Grin  Grin  Grin

That does look very nice, but its a shame about the chips, considering that bfsb and mbp are now starting to ship and hence chips MUST have been around for a little while.  Still, its only the 2nd day of October and I'm sure he'll be in touch.  

Surely he wouldn't withold chips to ensure his own products get out there first???!??  
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:03:39 AM

i have a question

like on backplane you can have 4 boards attached which is similar to the other system that dave is selling but this is on a smaller scale

will it be the same to hash different pool or different coin on each board or all has to be hashing the same coin same pool?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:12:52 AM

That does look very nice, but its a shame about the chips, considering that bfsb and mbp are now starting to ship and hence chips MUST have been around for a little while.  Still, its only the 2nd day of October and I'm sure he'll be in touch.  

Surely he wouldn't withold chips to ensure his own products get out there first???!??  

I wouldn't be so sure, but let's hope not. As you say, its only day 2 of October, so we should give the benefit of the doubt and assume we'll be getting exciting news any day now. Put out the positive chip vibes everyone!  Shocked
flemeister

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:13:13 AM

i have a question

like on backplane you can have 4 boards attached which is similar to the other system that dave is selling but this is on a smaller scale

will it be the same to hash different pool or different coin on each board or all has to be hashing the same coin same pool?

You should be able to select individual ASIC devices in the cgminer config file or launch settings, same as with GPU mining. *Might* require the use of individual USB cables to each board though?
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:17:20 AM

i have a question

You should be able to select individual ASIC devices in the cgminer config file or launch settings, same as with GPU mining. *Might* require the use of individual USB cables to each board though?

Yes. If you attach all the boards via one USB, the Atmel chip on the first board will distribute the nonce data to all the chips on all the boards in one big string. If you want to run different boards in different pools you will need to attach them individually each with its own USB connection. From there you can assign each of them as you like in Cgminer.
Zeek_W

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:38:55 AM

i have a question

Yes. If you attach all the boards via one USB, the Atmel chip on the first board will distribute the nonce data to all the chips on all the boards in one big string. If you want to run different boards in different pools you will need to attach them individually each with its own USB connection. From there you can assign each of them as you like in Cgminer.

That's quite clever actually! Thanks for the update!

southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:44:30 AM

did i miss somewhere local shipping costs. Am waiting to pay.  Wink

I would also be interested in more batch 1 boards however would like to see proto hashing first.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 07:46:13 AM

I would also be interested in more batch 1 boards however would like to see proto hashing first.

See OP. has been updated with shipping costs Smiley
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:51:22 AM

Sorry, haven't got AUS prices on there. I'll get on that. Just PM'd you.  Smiley
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:56:42 AM

Is 'Jesse' legit? He/she has answered a couple of my PMs. Just checking, to be on the safe side.

Barntech (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 08:10:48 AM

Is 'Jesse' legit? He/she has answered a couple of my PMs. Just checking, to be on the safe side.

Hey Stinky.

I am a he (not many females in bitcoin land alas, would be nice if there were more Wink) and yes i'm legit.

I am verified by John. K here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266235.msg2917573#msg2917573

And i think most members of this group will vouch for my "legit-ness" having been in ongoing dialogue with me for a couple months now.

If you are interested in knowing any other details, or if there is anything else i can tell you that will help ease your mind, let me know.

Cheers Grin

Jesse
Barntech
anoncuber

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:45:21 AM

Hey BarnTech

Is paypal not an option anymore for Batch 2? I have been trying to use the minersource link since lastnight, but it just comes up with a page not found error. The rest of that website seems to be working though. I'm sure it was working ok just 2-3 days ago, but not anymore.

Thanks
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:41:18 AM

Hey BarnTech

Is paypal not an option anymore for Batch 2? I have been trying to use the minersource link since lastnight, but it just comes up with a page not found error. The rest of that website seems to be working though. I'm sure it was working ok just 2-3 days ago, but not anymore.

Thanks
Paypal is no longer an option as mentioned already in this thread. Paypal wont take any more money until  after hardware is actually shipping. So anymore Paypal pre-orders are out of the question.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 10:55:38 AM

I sent an email to Megabigpower and they replied quite quickly actually (Yvonne Paull) and she said:
"We expect to begin shipping reels near the end of next week. You will receive an email when your order is ready to ship."

So, thanks for the quick reply Megabigower. I hope our reel is included in that. (The end of next week is around Oct 10/11th).

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: