Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:25:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273562 times)
Zeek_W

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 10:57:55 PM

I've been trying to figure it out with all the post but couldn't.   Is this product ready to ship or is it an late October item like a lot of them?   Looks very promising for $460 getting 21 G/hash.   Do we need the miniplane for one?

Thanks.  Good day.

No, product is still in development. You don't need a miniplane for a single board.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jedimstr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 12:30:58 AM

So I asked Luke-Jr about BFGMiner Support for the Drillbit boards at some point...here's his reply:

Ooh Bitfury code? Will that mean the Bitfury based Drillbit boards will be supported on BFGminer?
As of right now, I can confirm with testing that BFGMiner's dev branches support Littlefury and Metabank miners.

The following Bitfury manufs have confirmed they will be providing a dev unit (my apologies if I missed anyone - PM me and I'll fix):
  • BigPictureMining (RedFury, BF1, and some other brands)
  • BitCentury (Littlefury)
  • Metabank
  • MegaBigPower

Additionally, someone with a BFSB unit (not sure if official or a user) is providing patches to port to their boards.

I've never heard of Drillbit before. If they send me a sample board, I'd be glad to ensure BFGMiner has full support for it.

I've pointed him to the Drillbit GroupBuy thread and I was hoping we could get something started here.

Anyone care to donate a thumb and a board to Luke-Jr so we can get BFGMiner support too at some point?

Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 06:48:05 AM

Hey, Barntech,

do you have designed a case for you boards already? Can you share your designs (if any) to test them?

Cheers.

I should have something drawn up in a couple of days.

Spotswood has the design files and is working on a case. Thanks Spotswood. Excited to see what you come up with.
Guardian of Forever

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 02:25:03 PM

Is there any way to incorporate the shipping of my Batch 1 buy of two thumbs into my Batch 2 buy I made today?
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:32:10 PM

Is there any way to incorporate the shipping of my Batch 1 buy of two thumbs into my Batch 2 buy I made today?

In general, trying to keep the two separate. For all batch one shipping payments, please pay though BTC to the batch one address, or send money via paypal to jessericketson@gmail.com.

Cheers

Barntech
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:33:37 PM

So I asked Luke-Jr about BFGMiner Support for the Drillbit boards at some point...here's his reply:

Ooh Bitfury code? Will that mean the Bitfury based Drillbit boards will be supported on BFGminer?
As of right now, I can confirm with testing that BFGMiner's dev branches support Littlefury and Metabank miners.

The following Bitfury manufs have confirmed they will be providing a dev unit (my apologies if I missed anyone - PM me and I'll fix):
  • Metabank
  • MegaBigPower

Additionally, someone with a BFSB unit (not sure if official or a user) is providing patches to port to their boards.

I've never heard of Drillbit before. If they send me a sample board, I'd be glad to ensure BFGMiner has full support for it.

I've pointed him to the Drillbit GroupBuy thread and I was hoping we could get something started here.

Anyone care to donate a thumb and a board to Luke-Jr so we can get BFGMiner support too at some point?

I will send boards to Luke Jr once we have them made.  Smiley
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 03:52:37 PM

So i was going to publish the order queue, but realised that for pretty everyone who paid via paypal, i don't have your forum names and your real names lined up. I figure some people might not want their real names published, so i won't be publishing the order queue right now. Can people please send me your real name and forum name together if you paid by paypal. In the meantime, if you are eager to know your place, write to me and i'll tell you.

Barntech
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 04:42:42 PM

• Metabank
  • MegaBigPower

I will send boards to Luke Jr once we have them made.  Smiley
Great idea!
jedimstr

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 22, 2013, 05:12:25 PM

Love it when a plan comes together.

monsieurmarc

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:11:10 AM

I ordered a THumbdrive on friday via paypal.

My email is monsieurmarc at btinternet dot com
I am more than happy for you to post my details in a list if you choose to.

Regards
 Marc
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:57:02 AM

Hello Barntech,

I just paid .78 BTC ($95) for express shipping to Germany.
Sent signed PM and forwarded email order.

Do I still need to place the shipping order through your website or is the above enough? (Hopefully this question helps another.)
Sorry for the overkill.  Grin

Thanks,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Greenny

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 12:47:56 PM

Hello Barntech,

by "express shipping" you mean UPS/DHL/FedEx shipping or just and "express" option by simple post service? Usually (at least USPS - I faced with this once) can not guarantee you really express shipping worldwide - there is a "small-font-remark" like "only withing the US" (for USPS).

Cheers.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 01:18:26 PM

Barntech/Guys&Gals

Does anyone have a suggestion on a fan to use to cool 4 boards on the backplane? (Dimensions? Brand? type? Etc?)
Like a lot of you I will be overclocking the boards and would like to add a fan to them. Would rather have the fan before the unit arrives.

So, looking for a relatively silent fan (Miners are in home) to go with my yet to be purchased silent Power Supply.  Grin

Thanks,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
flemeister

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:55:44 PM

Barntech/Guys&Gals

Does anyone have a suggestion on a fan to use to cool 4 boards on the backplane? (Dimensions? Brand? type? Etc?)
Like a lot of you I will be overclocking the boards and would like to add a fan to them. Would rather have the fan before the unit arrives.

So, looking for a relatively silent fan (Miners are in home) to go with my yet to be purchased silent Power Supply.  Grin

Thanks,
IAS
Not sure if it would provide enough airflow for these Bitfury chips, but I'll be trying some Nexus Real Silent 120mm fans. It's cheap, it has good static pressure considering it's moderate speed of 1100RPM, and it's pretty quiet even at full speed. SPCR has been using it as their reference 120mm fan for at least seven years now, for good reason.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article695-page2.html#nexus

Scythe Gentle Typhoon would be another good option. Smiley
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:29:13 PM

Barntech/Guys&Gals

Thanks,
IAS
Not sure if it would provide enough airflow for these Bitfury chips, but I'll be trying some Nexus Real Silent 120mm fans. It's cheap, it has good static pressure considering it's moderate speed of 1100RPM, and it's pretty quiet even at full speed. SPCR has been using it as their reference 120mm fan for at least seven years now, for good reason.

+1 for the Scythe's. I will be using more than a few of those.
stringer

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:14:19 PM

Barntech/Guys&Gals

Thanks,
IAS

I was thinking of putting a desk fan next to the boards to blow the hot air away from the boards..
Is there any reason we shouldnt be using a desk fan?
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:34:14 PM

Barntech/Guys&Gals

Thanks,
IAS

I was thinking of putting a desk fan next to the boards to blow the hot air away from the boards..
Is there any reason we shouldnt be using a desk fan?
More power usage. You will allready need a PSU for the boards, so why not use 3/4 pin fans.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Antifragile

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:37:24 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 05:54:55 PM by Its About Sharing

Barntech/Guys&Gals

So, looking for a relatively silent fan (Miners are in home) to go with my yet to be purchased silent Power Supply.  Grin

Thanks,
IAS

Thanks for the information. I looked up that Scythe and it looks perfect (and potentially quiet).
Questions:
- How many would one need for 4 boards with backplane? The fan is roughly 5" X 5" and not sure how big the 4 boards would be (from the side, where I think I'd put the fan to blow across boards all at once).
(edit - I found Barntech mentioned this a few pages back "102mm x102mm for the 8 board (will fit in a hdd bay)" Not sure on the spacing in between the 4 boards, but one fan might cut it, thoughts?)
- Which model (rpm's) - I see 850, 1450 and 1850. I heard you can control the speed on them with a voltage regulator but how do we do that with just a power supply? Maybe from the Raspberry pi?
- Suggestions on how to mount them near the boards?

BTW - While we are sort of on the topic of power supplies as well, a 4 card setup is only going to use 64 watts (if ran at 2 watts per chip) and maybe up to 80 watts (if ran at 2.5 watts, near max, per chip). I'm not even sure if getting a 350-400 watt power supply is too big. Most power supplies talk about efficiency at 20% (minimally). Well, a 400 watt ps would be running at 90 watts there. Can they even run this low? I don't see any 200 watt or so power supplies like I do the 350-400 watters. I like the new corsair rm450. Would run silently at this level, if it can run this low.

Thanks again for the ideas. Hopefully this helps others as well.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:49:18 PM

Barntech/Guys&Gals

So, looking for a relatively silent fan (Miners are in home) to go with my yet to be purchased silent Power Supply.  Grin

Thanks,
IAS

Thanks for the information. I looked up that Scythe and it looks perfect (and potentially quiet).
Questions:
- How many would one need for 4 boards with backplane? The fan is roughly 5" X 5" and not sure how big the 4 boards would be (from the side, where I think I'd put the fan to blow across boards all at once).
(edit - I found Barntech mentioned this a few pages back "102mm x102mm for the 8 board (will fit in a hdd bay)" Not sure on the spacing in between the 4 boards, but one fan might cut it, thoughts?)
- Which model (rpm's) - I see 850, 1450 and 1850. I heard you can control the speed on them with a voltage regulator but how do we do that with just a power supply? Maybe from the Raspberry pi?

BTW - While we are sort of on the topic of power supplies as well, a 4 card setup is only going to use 64 watts (if ran at 2 watts per chip) and maybe up to 80 watts (if ran at 2.5 watts, near max, per chip). I'm not even sure if getting a 350-400 watt power supply is too big. Most power supplies talk about efficiency at 20% (minimally). Well, a 400 watt ps would be running at 90 watts there. Can they even run this low? I don't see any 200 watt or so power supplies like I do the 350-400 watters. I like the new corsair rm450. Would run silently at this level, if it can run this low.

IAS
My plan is 1 box fan worth of CFM per 1kw of power usage for my personal farm/hosting.
There is  Seasonic 500w that is 80+ gold or plat, and is a fantastic supply for this type of operation. Me, Im using
http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-units/ax-series-power-supply-units.html

Got ~2 on hand and ordered another 8 for hosted machines. Gotta love 50% off.v
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:07:44 PM

Barntech/Guys&Gals

Thanks,
IAS

Questions:

IAS

I have a question...these units will use a 4 pin molex,the ones for old IDE hardrives/cd roms,will they need the 5 volt circuit Huh

I want to make cables myself & would like to use PCIExpress 6 pin as a base connection for the 12 volt power draw & then add up to maybe 5-6,4pin molex connections.If they do need the 5 volt then I'll just have use the 4pin molex cable & determine the max wattage on that line as to how many units I can power with that line.Most cables on the PSU have 4-6,4pin connectors from the "factory" on each cable.

Look under section,Disk drive connector (Molex 8981 Series Power Connector):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molex_connector

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: