Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:13:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273556 times)
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 10:13:23 PM

Situation changed. I need the cash instead, can't wait for returns.

i'll take them sending a message now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 01:11:03 AM

Started on the website! I'll see if I can get a mockup live for you Barntech. Cheesy

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
forevernoob

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 08:42:55 AM

Alright it's evening time in Sydney now..
What happens now?
Will you open up the paypal buttons just for a few hours? That would be awesome.

I will be checking the thread every hour. Hopefully I get a chance to order.

Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 09:06:05 AM

Hey guys.

I'm back. Hope you all had a lovely weekend. It's gonna take me a little while to sort our what's going on with the remaining chips, so still for now they are unavailable. I'm really hoping we can move into a second reel, but currently, the price scenario is still a major blockage. Anyways, stay tuned. I'll try not to keep everyone waiting for too long.

Barntech
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 02:14:01 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 02:29:33 PM by AussieHash

Barntech

Any word/hope of receiving chips before the end of October ?

Update

I've added option for UPS Express Saver shipping, and dropped the prices a bit as further october orders will most likely ship in very late october. Those who picked first october orders are likely to receive theirs in very early october, if not september.
Todamont

Activity: 604
Merit: 273

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 11:09:24 PM

I sold my two-board order to user "thegun69". Barntech, please update your shipping / sales logs. He will send you his shipping info. Sorry I had to bail, I was looking forward to those BitFury chips.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 12:22:36 AM

I sold my two-board order to user "thegun69". Barntech, please update your shipping / sales logs. He will send you his shipping info. Sorry I had to bail, I was looking forward to those BitFury chips.

you never replied to my message i was interested
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 12:54:08 AM

Will this still be opening back up?
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 03:15:32 AM

Will this still be opening back up?

Everything will be back up and running in the next few hours. Sorry about the delays. Been juggling logistics on this end. I'll have responses to everyone's questions soon.  Smiley
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:54:45 AM

So we are down to our last few chips. We have had an overwhelming response from everyone. Thank you so much to all those involved in this project. It's very exciting seeing it coming into fruition. From the start, we had hoped to move into a second and third reel of chips on this, but changes in the pricing are looking to make this impossible. If things change on that front, i'll let you know and maybe we can get a second one going. In the mean time, we are moving into auction mode on our remaining chips. There are a few reasons for this, one of course is that it is an opportunity for us to generate a bit more revenue moving into the manufacturing phase of this operation. As it happens, the prices we specced out have blown out quite a lot and we are cutting it very fine in terms of covering costs for the manufacture, so a bit of extra cash will help. Another reason is to gauge what people are willing to pay for these things to see if it might be possible to do another batch at the newer higher prices. New units will have to be quite a bit more to account for the dramatic rise in chip price, but hey, if people are willing to pay it, then we will do it. See how we go. Also, please don't send through any BTC at this time unless specifically asked to. Cheers.

You can find the auction here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281996.new#new

Happy bidding everyone.

Barntech
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:15:20 AM

So we are down to our last few chips. We have had an overwhelming response from everyone. Thank you so much to all those involved in this project. It's very exciting seeing it coming into fruition. From the start, we had hoped to move into a second and third reel of chips on this, but changes in the pricing are looking to make this impossible. If things change on that front, i'll let you know and maybe we can get a second one going. In the mean time, we are moving into auction mode on our remaining chips. There are a few reasons for this, one of course is that it is an opportunity for us to generate a bit more revenue moving into the manufacturing phase of this operation. As it happens, the prices we specced out have blown out quite a lot and we are cutting it very fine in terms of covering costs for the manufacture, so a bit of extra cash will help. Another reason is to gauge what people are willing to pay for these things to see if it might be possible to do another batch at the newer higher prices. New units will have to be quite a bit more to account for the dramatic rise in chip price, but hey, if people are willing to pay it, then we will do it. See how we go. Also, please don't send through any BTC at this time unless specifically asked to. Cheers.

You can find the auction here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281996.new#new

Happy bidding everyone.

Barntech

Hey Barntech,

I know you mentioned early on (first few pages here) that you guys were cutting it close. I'm happy you got the auction going as you are right, it will be a way for you to raise some deserved capital and also to be rewarded. I hope though that you can continue making the rigs as a lot of work goes into getting this process started, and for it to be closed down would be a shame. Those of us who took a chance on this new GB will probably also be rewarded. Hopefully things work out all around. Good luck with everything.

I am curious though (anyone), is Bitfury basically cutting out the competition from making their own rigs with this new pricing? That or they are betting on other companies not being able to deliver and/or a higher BTC price. Any other ideas guys?

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:18:19 AM

What people are prepared to pay at auction is not a good way to judge the market, there will always be some people that can't spell ROI. The long time until delivery makes the current price only just practical, any more and it's pointless unless we see a substantial rise in BTC/USD to compensate for the expected diff increases.

Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 06:30:58 AM

What people are prepared to pay at auction is not a good way to judge the market, there will always be some people that can't spell ROI. The long time until delivery makes the current price only just practical, any more and it's pointless unless we see a substantial rise in BTC/USD to compensate for the expected diff increases.

Even if you take a difficulty that is high (and I did), there should still be a return on these rigs, IF delivered in the expected time frame.

Who said we are judging the market? What other companies are making rigs with Bitfury chips?

You can order an October delivery for 25Gh from Bitfurystrikesback right  now for $950, or one of these app. 21Gh rigs for Huh

edit - What sucks is that the pricing of the new chips might cut Barntech and crew out of future work. All that work for one batch. The auction is the only way to try to get some compensation.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
voxelot

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:20:58 AM

After Butterfail and Ava-nightmare... i'm going to tiptoe into any ASIC purchase and forever be skeptical of a delivery date... good to see the work barntech put into bitfurry tech and I do hope I can get a board on time... for once =D
milkbottlec

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:35:07 AM

Great job Barntech, thanks for all the work!
Great to see the project coming to this point, can't wait to get the boards! Grin

Any updates on the chips?

Will be handling Drillbit System UK/EU replacement components soon (waiting to confirm details, stay tunes)
If I helped you and could pop me some treats for this Christmas, donate some BTC to: 1QEhKaUnFoEBaWmXsrE5AUvbAt95254DXr
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 07:37:21 AM

Are you still on track to send out assembled boards beginning november?  I had read somewhere on the other thread that possibly mid to end october?

Thanks
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 07:41:11 AM

Great job Barntech, thanks for all the work!
Great to see the project coming to this point, can't wait to get the boards! Grin

Any updates on the chips?

+1 on the congratulations by the way Barntech, you really have been working hard to pull everything together.
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:56:18 AM

Thanks guys for your kind words. It has been a mega effort getting everything together, and it is exciting seeing it coming to fruition. We are at the stage now where this will definitely go ahead. That is exciting. As we're all aware, the biggest possible stumbling block here is when we get the chips, so basically we just all need to send out positive vibes to the bitcoin mining gods that Bitfury does actually deliver when promised. At this stage, there are no further updates on that front. We are quoted for early to mid October so lets just hope that really happens.

It is indeed a shame that we may only get so far as the one batch. It has been a lot of work to get it this far, and now because of the exceptionally rogue pricing rise, its seeming like this is as far as it will go with Bitfury, unless of course they change their mind, or people are willing to pay around double for the rigs we are building. I'd be interested to know if anyone out there would be potentially up for paying $700 ish for an 8 chip Drillbit board? Not sure that i would, but hey maybe.

As for the motives behind the price rise, i don't really know what its alkl about, but i think its to do with trying to sell giant amounts to single buyers or companies rather than smaller bunches to groups of enthusiasts like us. Whether that will work however is yet to be seen. See how we go. I'm hoping that they will see the error of their ways and bring the prices back to something reasonable. If that happens, we will open up batch 2 for sure.

But regarding the time and effort put into making this tech, its not all a waste.  Smiley Once this project is done, we will be moving onto a new board for a new chip. Not sure what yet, but part of the design idea for the Drillbit System is that it will be upgradeable as next gen chips become available, so new Drillbit Gen 2 boards will be able to fit into your existing system. It may not be possible to mix and match old and new boards depending on the nature of whatever the new chips might be, but if it is, we will buildit that way, and if not, the new boards will at least work with the existing miniplanes. So not all is lost. Definitely stay tuned for future projects once all thuis Bitfury businessd is said and done.

Cheers.

Barntech
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 08:06:51 AM

That really is great news about the system backwards compatibility.  If only Sony etc al would take your lead.

If the current Drillbit systems rocks my socks I'll be very interested in what else you guys can cook up.

ps would love to see some pics of the actual boards when they arrive Smiley
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:43:38 AM

That really is great news about the system backwards compatibility.  If only Sony etc al would take your lead.

If the current Drillbit systems rocks my socks I'll be very interested in what else you guys can cook up.

ps would love to see some pics of the actual boards when they arrive Smiley

Yeah for sure. Boards are arriving this week.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: