Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:16:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 148 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DRILLBIT SYSTEM Miners - Avalon range available - Now $104.99!  (Read 273560 times)
console_cowboy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:32:43 PM

Barntech has posted repeatedly that the price went up for latter reels too.   So, again, I don't see how anyone should know that higher price means anything in and of itself here.

Look at it this way, if you were physically waiting in a queue to buy something and someone left, you'd be pretty unhappy if the vendor found somebody walking by and gave them that spot in line -- well after you've joined the queue -- just because they payed a bit more.  Especially when the vendor didn't first go down the line asking if anyone wanted to pay a bit more to move up first.   Yet that seems to me to be exactly what's happening here.   As far as I can tell, you all just don't seem to mind because you're jockeying to be one of those people taking those spots. :-)

Unfortunately, my budget is shot and I can't afford to buy more Drillibts on top of that which I've already ordered.  On the other hand, if Barntech goes ahead with the plan to buy another reel for earlier delivery AND offers everyone the opportunity to pay the difference in cost and move up, I'll have no complaint.  Then I will have been offered my spot earlier in line and the decision will be mine on whether to move up or not.  It seems clear that this is NOT what BitFury did -- though to be honest, I didn't know American vs. European distributor issues were affecting things here until your post.

If I'm wrong in someway on this, I'm all ears but just saying higher price = earlier spot isn't obvious, nor is letting those go to NEW buyers first.

We are talking about two different retailers of Bitfury chips, who are entitled to set their own prices, in two different countries, and two different delivery times, and two unrelated queues are we not?

At this point it is possible that our original order will be moved up as well. BuzzDave posted something similar to that. However, if that doesn't happen, this second batch is in fact a completely separate deal. The chips are sold by a completely different vendor who handles sales differently. Maybe they will let people move up in line, maybe not. I'd consider moving up my original order even. This is all still up in the air and it is no reason to get upset. So far Barntech has been pretty stand up and I feel they will handle the situation accordingly. Nobody knew this reel was coming, instead of looking at it like a bad thing, think positively about it. I am very happy that other people will have a chance at a decent mining rig especially since the chips were already made and going into someone's hand. I imagine the really unhappy customers will be the people who purchased a ton of USB miners after the 8-chip boards ran out! Hopefully they will get their chance to upgrade those to a board.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davmp

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:46:33 PM

So far Barntech has been pretty stand up and I feel they will handle the situation accordingly.

Lest this implication continue to fester in peoples' brains, I never tried, and certainly never meant, to imply Barntech was at fault here.  Only the BitFury manufacturer!  And apparently I owe them a bit of apology because I didn't know they had separate distributors who don't share an order base.  That's my own fault for not realizing that!

I do hope Drillbit goes ahead with ordering these earlier delivery chips and allows those of us who previously ordered boards or thumbs to move up to that reel for a fair cost.   I'd rather have my existing order earlier than have to put in a completely new order!
bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 04:40:28 PM

So far Barntech has been pretty stand up and I feel they will handle the situation accordingly.

Lest this implication continue to fester in peoples' brains, I never tried, and certainly never meant, to imply Barntech was at fault here.  Only the BitFury manufacturer!  And apparently I owe them a bit of apology because I didn't know they had separate distributors who don't share an order base.  That's my own fault for not realizing that!

I do hope Drillbit goes ahead with ordering these earlier delivery chips and allows those of us who previously ordered boards or thumbs to move up to that reel for a fair cost.   I'd rather have my existing order earlier than have to put in a completely new order!

Yeah Its kinda a giant CF
If we get chips from zefir, we are looking at october+ is like ~80btc/300
Reel directly from punin/BFSB is ~68k euro/3000

One is cheaper per, and faster delivery. Been trying to get on ghanout with barntech, but timezones are screwing with us and a barely missed him last night.
doxavg

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:08:51 AM

At this point it is possible that our original order will be moved up as well. BuzzDave posted something similar to that. However, if that doesn't happen, this second batch is in fact a completely separate deal. The chips are sold by a completely different vendor who handles sales differently. Maybe they will let people move up in line, maybe not. I'd consider moving up my original order even. This is all still up in the air and it is no reason to get upset. So far Barntech has been pretty stand up and I feel they will handle the situation accordingly. Nobody knew this reel was coming, instead of looking at it like a bad thing, think positively about it. I am very happy that other people will have a chance at a decent mining rig especially since the chips were already made and going into someone's hand. I imagine the really unhappy customers will be the people who purchased a ton of USB miners after the 8-chip boards ran out! Hopefully they will get their chance to upgrade those to a board.

I'd love to switch my four thumbs to an eight chip board, even if it meant purchasing four more chips on top of the four I've purchased.  This, on top of the already larger cost of the thumbs vs the eight chip board.  But I'm certainly not going to be unhappy or raise a stink if that's not an option (otoh, if it is an option, customer for life? Smiley).  Just offering the option to move delivery of what I already ordered up by a few weeks for a fairly nominal increase in cash due to chip prices may be worthwhile.  I bought the thumbs due to a bout of mental weakness, if I can't get something better for the same price, it's my own fault, nobody elses.  I do agree that the ones that will be the least pleased will be those that jumped in early, yet too late for the real good deal, but we few had a choice to not jump in.
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:59:15 AM

A new personal personal best  Grin

Wow cool - did you change R01F or just add the heatsinks?  If you changed R01F what value did you use?

I did both, R01F is now 3K3R. I tried 3k57R but the regulator kept going into thermal shutdown even with heatsink and fan Smiley

This particular board is a bit of a freak, the most I've gotten out of my other boards is ~34GH/s with the same mods.

Overclocking is possible ;-)
Barntech (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 02:13:01 PM

I wonder if Barntech's buy will be considered "early October" for what BuzzDave is talking about here...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=251966.msg3142462#msg3142462

He did mention this "First, there were only 36 starter kits pending shipping, not 54 as I previously stated (we hadn't updated the totals board since previous day's shipping). "
I'm not sure how early our order was placed. I imagine the difference above (18) would be the units shipped earlier. Any idea Barntech of where our October order was in the queue?
I doubt it was that early, but don't know.

IAS

Our order went in on AUG 18th. I honestly have no idea where we sit in the queue. I have asked about this but not got anything back. I'm hoping that we do count as one of the earlier orders, but i can't be sure. I'll keep chasing it up and of course let you guys know as soon as i do regarding more solid details on shipping time.
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 03:06:24 PM

Hey guys.

Ok. Looking like we are going to do a second batch. Pretty exciting. The new prices, while being an annoying jump up, seem to be within the viable range to still make it worthwhile, and i feel confident we can fill out a second reel pretty quickly. I'll be opening up the second batch soon.

Just to clarify a few things that have been discussed here. At this point i am not sure if our first reel will be bumped up for early shipping, or if that only applies to new reels. I have written to Dave asking about this and haven't yet heard back. I am trying to arrange things so that both reels can be delivered together, but not of course if they are far enough apart in the queue such that one will be coming substantially earlier. If that is the case, then we'll accept them as two separate shipments. I'll let you know details on that as soon a i know them.

It's also important to note that we are not in a position to jump straight into production next week anyway. Our timeline has always been based on receiving the chips in early October. We still have work to do to get everything in place so basically if we got the chips tomorrow it wouldn't necessarily mean we will be able to get finished miners out to you any sooner. That said, we will be doing all that we can to get everything done as quick as possible. If we do get an earlier chip delivery, we'll do our best to turn them around as quickly as we can.

As for order priority and position in the queue, I've noticed a bit of discussion about what is the appropriate and fair way to deal with it and i must admit, its not clear cut and easy, especially since people will be paying different prices for the same stuff. Hopefully the two reels arrive at the same time and everything is done as one manufacture run and its not even an issue, but in the case that these do become two separate batches, here is how am approaching it. I have always said that the order priority is first come first served, and so that it how it will be. If one reel arrives earlier, then it will go to batch one. I want to respect the people who jumped in early and maintain their position in the queue. Putting out higher priced chips that may arrive earlier than older orders is a rogue move (note, we aren't actually sure that that's what they're doing). Bitfury should be respecting their order queue, and perhaps they are, but regardless, we will respect ours. I know this might seem unfair to new people jumping in and paying more money than others and being behind them in the queue, but that's just how it goes for not jumping in early. The old prices were there and available for a long time and everyone had their chance. So Batch 2 orders are batch 2, regardless.

I'll be posting order details soon. This time there will be a few changes. We will only be accepting BTC payments for Batch 2. There will probably be paypal and credit card options through a third party, but basically we are trying to steer people away from paypal. After all, BTC is why we're all here so i really wanting to encourage people to use it. If you don't have any BTC, there are lots of ways to get it, and if you've never done so, now is the time to learn how to do it.

Also, miniplanes won't be free this time. We copped a bit of a hit offering those for free on the last batch (all previous orders will still be honored of course).

Hopefully we can get this one filled nice and quick. I'll put up the new details and payment instructions in the next day or so.

Exciting times.

Barntech
console_cowboy

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:52:09 PM

Hey guys.

Ok. Looking like we are going to do a second batch. Pretty exciting. The new prices, while being an annoying jump up, seem to be within the viable range to still make it worthwhile, and i feel confident we can fill out a second reel pretty quickly. I'll be opening up the second batch soon.

Just to clarify a few things that have been discussed here. At this point i am not sure if our first reel will be bumped up for early shipping, or if that only applies to new reels. I have written to Dave asking about this and haven't yet heard back. I am trying to arrange things so that both reels can be delivered together, but not of course if they are far enough apart in the queue such that one will be coming substantially earlier. If that is the case, then we'll accept them as two separate shipments. I'll let you know details on that as soon a i know them.

It's also important to note that we are not in a position to jump straight into production next week anyway. Our timeline has always been based on receiving the chips in early October. We still have work to do to get everything in place so basically if we got the chips tomorrow it wouldn't necessarily mean we will be able to get finished miners out to you any sooner. That said, we will be doing all that we can to get everything done as quick as possible. If we do get an earlier chip delivery, we'll do our best to turn them around as quickly as we can.

As for order priority and position in the queue, I've noticed a bit of discussion about what is the appropriate and fair way to deal with it and i must admit, its not clear cut and easy, especially since people will be paying different prices for the same stuff. Hopefully the two reels arrive at the same time and everything is done as one manufacture run and its not even an issue, but in the case that these do become two separate batches, here is how am approaching it. I have always said that the order priority is first come first served, and so that it how it will be. If one reel arrives earlier, then it will go to batch one. I want to respect the people who jumped in early and maintain their position in the queue. Putting out higher priced chips that may arrive earlier than older orders is a rogue move (note, we aren't actually sure that that's what they're doing). Bitfury should be respecting their order queue, and perhaps they are, but regardless, we will respect ours. I know this might seem unfair to new people jumping in and paying more money than others and being behind them in the queue, but that's just how it goes for not jumping in early. The old prices were there and available for a long time and everyone had their chance. So Batch 2 orders are batch 2, regardless.

I'll be posting order details soon. This time there will be a few changes. We will only be accepting BTC payments for Batch 2. There will probably be paypal and credit card options through a third party, but basically we are trying to steer people away from paypal. After all, BTC is why we're all here so i really wanting to encourage people to use it. If you don't have any BTC, there are lots of ways to get it, and if you've never done so, now is the time to learn how to do it.

Also, miniplanes won't be free this time. We copped a bit of a hit offering those for free on the last batch (all previous orders will still be honored of course).

Hopefully we can get this one filled nice and quick. I'll put up the new details and payment instructions in the next day or so.

Exciting times.

Barntech

Sounds really good! Bitfury shipping that way does put you, as the manufacturer, in a tight spot. I am glad to see that you are maintaining fairness to your first order batches. As always, you guys handle things well, even with bitfury putting you in a tight spot. Amazing how nice customers are when treated with respect!

Since you are only taking BTC for payment this time, are you planning on using escrow or just direct payment? Also, some of us don't have as much bitcoin around as we would like, how fast will you require payment? Converting money to bitcoin sadly still takes a few days to a week for some of us (me).

Do you have an idea of the price for the backplanes? I would really like to purchase four more boards, so I'll require an additional backplane. Also, what is the word on heatsinks? I remember the nice looking ceramic ones shown.

Early October for production dates still is not bad. Even if the second reel arrives early and sits around, it will still be quite nice knowing they are ready to go to manufacturing. Hopefully the price will stay around $400!

Now to wait and see how it all goes. Waiting is hard. Good luck with the hashing!
vulgartrendkill

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 05:10:29 PM

That is great news Smiley

watching with interest
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 05:42:33 PM

And thats what happens when your in a google hangout till 6am with barntech Tongue
Barntech (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:20:07 PM

Batch 2 is now officially open. Check out the OP.

The new pricing is this:

Drillbit 8 Board - $425
Drillbit Thumb - $130
Drillbit Miniplane - $40

Let's fill this one quickly and get those chips.
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 06:31:50 PM

The new pricing is this:

Drillbit 8 Board - $425
Drillbit Thumb - $130
Drillbit Miniplane - $40

Any chance of a paypal button as per last time?

I dont have the btc around atm?
console_cowboy

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:37:04 PM

The new pricing is this:

Drillbit 8 Board - $425
Drillbit Thumb - $130
Drillbit Miniplane - $40

I am in the same boat, I don't mind moving cash into bitcoin, but it sadly takes time to do so. I'm looking at about next week with coinbase. I certainly want to reserve 1 thumb, 4 drill bit boards, and 1 miniplane. I've started the cash to bitcoin process and really hope they don't sell out! I agree that this is as good a time as any to learn how to buy bitcoin, but would hate to get burned!
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 06:47:29 PM

The new pricing is this:

Drillbit 8 Board - $425
Drillbit Thumb - $130
Drillbit Miniplane - $40

I am in the same boat, I don't mind moving cash into bitcoin, but it sadly takes time to do so. I'm looking at about next week with coinbase. I certainly want to reserve 1 thumb, 4 drill bit boards, and 1 miniplane. I've started the cash to bitcoin process and really hope they don't sell out! I agree that this is as good a time as any to learn how to buy bitcoin, but would hate to get burned!

Localbitcoin.com is very good.  really nice people selling and buying bitcoin using escrow.  Try it. you might like it Smiley
pitkaran

Activity: 34

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:57:57 PM

The new pricing is this:

Drillbit 8 Board - $425
Drillbit Thumb - $130
Drillbit Miniplane - $40

Localbitcoin.com is very good.  really nice people selling and buying bitcoin using escrow.  Try it. you might like it Smiley

It´s localbitcoins.com Smiley .. works well, have tried it.
console_cowboy

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 06:58:25 PM

Sadly, I would rather use an established service or buy locally. Sadly, I am in a fairly backwater part of the US right now and the local prices are enormously high, I'd end up paying a few hundred more. Even with escrow and a wire transfer, I'm still looking at a fairly long time to get it handled and $80-$100 higher prices than coinbase and additional risk. I hope that the chips remain available as I am looking forward to ordering another set. One week isn't such a long time, and no matter what I have to deal with moving money in actual bank accounts first. I've gotten the process started, so hopefully it'll happen.
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 07:00:30 PM

Sadly, I would rather use an established service or buy locally. Sadly, I am in a fairly backwater part of the US right now and the local prices are enormously high, I'd end up paying a few hundred more. Even with escrow and a wire transfer, I'm still looking at a fairly long time to get it handled and $80-$100 higher prices than coinbase and additional risk. I hope that the chips remain available as I am looking forward to ordering another set. One week isn't such a long time, and no matter what I have to deal with moving money in actual bank accounts first. I've gotten the process started, so hopefully it'll happen.
Here`s hoping you get it sorted Smiley
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:16:51 PM

Barntech and I spoke about taking Fiat payments last night, And I have talked with my partner and it looks like we should be able to process:

Paypal thru a buisness verified account
Cash In the Mail/Money order
Western Union
Chase QuickPay

Ill need to talk to him about it again to confirm so nothing concrete.
thegoldbug

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:52:23 PM

I too don't have enough bitcoin to purchase anything substantial.

Please continue to accept PayPal it was fast and easy to do.

What about international postal money orders, they might be cheaper than a bank wire for me.

Commandermk

Activity: 24

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 08:47:33 PM

So for batch 2, how much is shipping? Do we pay for shipping now or closer to when they will actually ship?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 148 »
  Print  

Jump to: