Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:06:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this the end for bitcoins ?  (Read 3409 times)
fiulpro (OP)

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 08:32:22 AM

Very recently I read an article , which assumed bitcoins to be exactly like the Dutch tulip mania , the Mississippi bubble and the south sea bubble.

The author of that article (which was published in the economic times ) said it's now time to move away from bitcoins , the market has ended and the sooner you forfeit the lesser will be your loss.

What do you guys think about it ?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sclmte

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:31:23 AM

Very recently I read an article , which assumed bitcoins to be exactly like the Dutch tulip mania , the Mississippi bubble and the south sea bubble.

The author of that article (which was published in the economic times ) said it's now time to move away from bitcoins , the market has ended and the sooner you forfeit the lesser will be your loss.

I don't believe it. It's all fake. There is a lot of bad info about bitcoin. We all know its all the anti-bitcoin user. All that negative issues are all made by the netizen who absolutely have no idea what bitcoin really is and how useful it is in our lives.
vladuch1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:40:39 AM

I think that the bitcoin has not completely exhausted itself, and will grow, but for such sweats it takes a lot of time
Butchick

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:55:39 AM

Despite the fact that bitcoin have been experiencing some dip ove rthe last few weeks, i still don't believe that this is the end of bitcoin. There have been talks that its because of certain adjustments and some said that someone took some huge share in bitcoin which caused the dip. Whatever the cause is, i don't think this is the end and i have high hopes that bitcoin will soon pump.

syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:57:45 AM

I see this is very contrary to the fact that even I have also read some articles about the predictions of bitcoin in the future which is written by some experts in financial terms that they say bitcoin will have a very significant price increase this year. this is due to the popularity possessed by bitcoin increasingly known by investors around the world. so I think this is not the end of bitcoin because bitcoin is still in an adaptation that will continue to have a fairly high price value. so personally I disagree with what you say that at the moment that bitcoin will end in the present.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
yaelahwall

Activity: 336

Next Generation Antivirus

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 10:03:12 AM

I do not believe the issue but it could happen, but not the end of bitcoin. maybe its price will drop down unusually so maybe next year bitcoin can be not consume it according to my estimation only so do not believe in the issue of unofficial

SrEasts

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

Aida Service

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:12:17 AM

I've also read that article long ago, i read that bitcoin was gonna end soon and so on, but guess what we're still here strong... This is just basically one side of a coin. Some people have interested in creating fear and hoping to crash bitcoin, others are interested in hyping up the bitcoin fever and hope for it to continue strong. For now i believe that we're okay and bitcoin is not by any means ending soon, but rather is gonna show those article writers that they shouldn't speculate randomly like that (specially copy pasting stuff) just to get some views on their blogs/"news" sites.

portotoi

Activity: 280

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:18:07 AM

No way. Bitcoin never stops nor ends.It may be fall but still stand ang keep growing and this year of 2018 is the start of another years of progress and prosperous year of crypto currencies.

rphk

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:10:17 AM

I don't think bitcoin will end . It is an correction stage , there is still huge growth is there for bitcoin , it is worldwide used now for buying goods etc, still people are investing on it with huge amount and we can it is not fallen down completely it is in the stable mode , and waiting for further rise , soon it will reach another record high,only thing in bitcoin is now transaction fees are more. and that is the reason people are moving towards altcoins.

_____________________EBCOIN_____________________      █ █   WHITEPAPER  █ █     JOIN TOKEN SALE  >  Feb 1st, 2018 - Feb 14th, 2018
The Best Gift for Travelers           ◢◢      Your Gateway to a $60 Billion Dollar Global Market      ◤◤
▬▬▬▬                FACEBOOK                 TWITTER                 SLACK                 MEDIUM                 TELEGRAM               ▬▬▬▬
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:12:51 AM

Despite the fact that bitcoin have been experiencing some dip ove rthe last few weeks, i still don't believe that this is the end of bitcoin. There have been talks that its because of certain adjustments and some said that someone took some huge share in bitcoin which caused the dip. Whatever the cause is, i don't think this is the end and i have high hopes that bitcoin will soon pump.
I know bitcoin will definitely come to an end but i don't think that it will happen sooner,maybe 20 years from now or higher than that.Yes there were dips in the previous days but at the present the price is now becoming quite stable again.Since we have dips in the past,i'm looking for some pumps this year.I still suggest to keep on investing in bitcoin,then hold them after.You will see big profit when the price starts to pump again and become skyrocket.

Don Pedro Dinero
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1523

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

That guy doesn’t know how to distinguish between the different kinds of bubbles:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2564619.0

He is putting a bubble without fundamentals (tulips) on the same level as an asset bubble with fundamentals (bitcoin).

If you believe him, sell. I’ll keep HODLing.

TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:30:05 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2018, 11:46:05 AM by TheQuin

That guy doesn’t know how to distinguish between the different kinds of bubbles:

Fixed that link for you. I think that .to link may be a phishing site.

If you had linked to the article it might be possible to make comment on it. There was another thread a few days ago with some rather better thought out analysis.

This is well worth a read as it's important to hear the take of people with the ability to look beyond the next five minutes of touching themselves and who don't Swat people on Twitter who annoy them.

https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/john-pfeffer/An+Investor%27s+Take+on+Cryptoassets+v6.pdf

TLDR - There will be utility coins and money coins. BTC is the still the prime candidate to be the money coin.

Edit: Just found this from the RBC as well https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-blockchain-create-10-trillion-market-rbc-analyst-says/

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:34:30 AM

I think it ain't the end of bitcoin yet. If ever it really is a bubble right now, if it pops bitcoin would not completely lose it's value because it is an innovative tech capable of aiding one to send and receive money online easily from one person to another without a centralized third party. Nevertheless, If ever a greater tech is to come, then I am sure people might prefer to use it if it is more convenient to use. For now I think if there is one coin that has a better tech than it, I would say it is Bitcoin Cash ATM although their difference is little.
Aryanto28

Activity: 211

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:38:54 AM

which I think is a feeling of confusion to face this reality. If there is any news in an article like this there are two possibilities that could be the first news that is not necessarily true because the newsmaker wants to destroy the bitcoin and make everyone switch from bitcoin, chances are both true, and bitcoin will be finished here.
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:39:05 AM

No way. Bitcoin never stops nor ends.It may be fall but still stand ang keep growing and this year of 2018 is the start of another years of progress and prosperous year of crypto currencies.
I also believe that the current decline in value is the beginning of the bitcoin increase this year. If you look at it from previous years, it is still much higher. and this is what convinces me that the current decline is not the end of bitcoin.
reck1ess

Activity: 350
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:49:35 AM

We will never know what will happen on bitcoin in the near future but as for me. I will still continue to hold mine for i still believe bitcoin is not done yet and will be increasing its value soon.

boyshx

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:55:03 AM

Bitcoin is still young as compared to all traditional currencies. It will take time to mature and settle in currency world. Bitcoin is a digital currency, it possesses decentralised nature i.e. backed or regulated by no authority. As a result less information and knowledge is available about it. In the last month it has crossed the price tag of $19000, and after that its price is coming down. People having no knowledge of cryptocurrencies started naming this as an end of bitcoin currency and starts comparing t with Dutch tulip mania , the Mississippi bubble and the south sea bubble. This is completely wrong; volatility is the nature of currency.  Being a decentralised currency bitcoin is more volatile than other currencies. Such roll downs are expected after such price raise.
jojowar

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:01:47 PM

I don't think this is the end of bitcoin. There were some news that gives misinformation about bitcoin but the demand and advantage of it still grows. There were downfall but still it goes up again. This was only the beginning of cryptocurrency era.

ladydark

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:07:25 PM

Tulip mania was entirely different from bitcoin. Actually, tulips had no other use than used as a decoration. It was totally sold in contracts in which many traded tulips even without holding it. But is not like that.

Bitcoin has uses as a payment currency other than just as a store value. It's true that bitcoin is not used as a currency mostly due to high transaction fee. But soon by activation of lightning network, it would once be used more as currency for payments.So,there is no chance for bitcoin to get crashed like tulips bubble.

Mainman08

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:38:42 PM

That news is fake. I think they just publish this news to scare some potential investor. Or they just publish it because they want bitcoin down. I don't believe that bitcoin will end.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: