Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:34:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230763 times)
ASIC-K

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Hell?

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:58:57 AM

Wow, impressively long.  Sounds like you actually care.  Good job.

+1

all fluff, no substance. good job Failterra!
plasmoske

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

The realist

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:02:23 AM

And the chips/rigs? Updates?

Delivery on track?
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:18:21 AM

I haven't seen Ken Slaughter give 1/4th of a fuck as that post just showed.  That alone shows Cointerra is ahead of the game as far as PR goes.

sharpspoon

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:52:44 AM

We'd like to take a moment to address sharpspoon's concerns:

Firstly - we would like to apologize to sharpspoon for any miscommunication or lack of communication on CoinTerra’s part. We’ve already reached out to him directly this evening via a Private Message and a senior member of the management team will look into his specific situation and resolve it as quickly as possible.

Secondly - and this is not a "the dog ate my homework" excuse - but we've done some investigation and we *think* we know why sharpspoon's issue wasn't responded to when it was supposedly escalated to senior management. I was reluctant to go into the details but in the interest of transparency here goes:  When our Tier 2 (escalated) customer service expert cc'd (it's a blind cc, only viewable internally) a member of the management team asking him to personally look into the issue, he left the ticket 'open' (as opposed to 'resolved', which is what we do when we close a ticket). It appears that in our Customer Support software, when you do that, the ticket stays in ‘open’ limbo and doesn't forward the cc until the ticket is finally closed (resolved) - which only happens when the issue has been fixed satisfactorily for the customer. We are going to look into this and find a solution, if it is indeed what I suspect the problem is.

Thirdly - yes it is true that we have been inundated with inquiries over the past two weeks, due to the massive surge in world-wide interest in the Bitcoin ecosystem as the BTC price has skyrocketed, and that has directed a huge amount of traffic to CoinTerra: This has been very much a double-edged sword!

As soon as we saw the surge in inquiries we took action to add significantly to our Customer Service team, both on phone support and web/email tickets.  However, it does take a little time to train new staff up to be able to respond to issues, and the fact that the more senior customer service team members needed to spend time training the new members meant that they weren't able to be as effective as they normally are at responding to issues.

In response to that situation we had more senior staff roll up their sleeves to help to clear the backlog. Those of you with open tickets may well have noticed our responses through the Thanksgiving holiday, and we have now caught up to the point where there are no "unassigned" tickets up to Wednesday evening when we officially closed for the holidays.  There are still a number of escalated tickets where additional steps are required to resolve the matter (e.g. if someone made a mistake on their wire transfer such as a misspelling or wrong address, which requires investigation.)  We shall endeavor to be fully caught-up on these as quickly as possible when the offices re-open on Monday.

Finally, we'd like to thank sharpspoon for pointing out that we did not, in fact, delete any of his posts on our forum. We will occasionally move a post if it is in the wrong sub-forum (or should be in a more appropriate sub-forum), and we will, of course, remove any spam that gets through or any content that is illegal/profane/highly offensive - normal forum moderation stuff. But we do not have a policy of censoring free speech.

We hope this goes some way to explain the situation. Of course, actions speak louder than words, so we would hope that sharpspoon will let the community know when he's been in contact with our senior management, and when his issue has been resolved.

Have a happy Rest-Of-Thanksgiving weekend!

== The CoinTerra Support Team ==

I am indeed in contact with Cointerra now.  Thank you for your transparency Cointerra and you are welcome for pointing out that you did not delete my post.  I will report back.
jxz

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:58:58 AM

Firstly - we would like to apologize to sharpspoon for any miscommunication or lack of communication on CoinTerra’s part. We’ve already reached out to him directly this evening via a Private Message and a senior member of the management team will look into his specific situation and resolve it as quickly as possible.

Secondly - and this is not a "the dog ate my homework" excuse - but we've done some investigation and we *think* we know why sharpspoon's issue wasn't responded to when it was supposedly escalated to senior management. I was reluctant to go into the details but in the interest of transparency here goes:  When our Tier 2 (escalated) customer service expert cc'd (it's a blind cc, only viewable internally) a member of the management team asking him to personally look into the issue, he left the ticket 'open' (as opposed to 'resolved', which is what we do when we close a ticket). It appears that in our Customer Support software, when you do that, the ticket stays in ‘open’ limbo and doesn't forward the cc until the ticket is finally closed (resolved) - which only happens when the issue has been fixed satisfactorily for the customer. We are going to look into this and find a solution, if it is indeed what I suspect the problem is.

Thirdly - yes it is true that we have been inundated with inquiries over the past two weeks, due to the massive surge in world-wide interest in the Bitcoin ecosystem as the BTC price has skyrocketed, and that has directed a huge amount of traffic to CoinTerra: This has been very much a double-edged sword!

As soon as we saw the surge in inquiries we took action to add significantly to our Customer Service team, both on phone support and web/email tickets.  However, it does take a little time to train new staff up to be able to respond to issues, and the fact that the more senior customer service team members needed to spend time training the new members meant that they weren't able to be as effective as they normally are at responding to issues.

In response to that situation we had more senior staff roll up their sleeves to help to clear the backlog. Those of you with open tickets may well have noticed our responses through the Thanksgiving holiday, and we have now caught up to the point where there are no "unassigned" tickets up to Wednesday evening when we officially closed for the holidays.  There are still a number of escalated tickets where additional steps are required to resolve the matter (e.g. if someone made a mistake on their wire transfer such as a misspelling or wrong address, which requires investigation.)  We shall endeavor to be fully caught-up on these as quickly as possible when the offices re-open on Monday.

Finally, we'd like to thank sharpspoon for pointing out that we did not, in fact, delete any of his posts on our forum. We will occasionally move a post if it is in the wrong sub-forum (or should be in a more appropriate sub-forum), and we will, of course, remove any spam that gets through or any content that is illegal/profane/highly offensive - normal forum moderation stuff. But we do not have a policy of censoring free speech.

We hope this goes some way to explain the situation. Of course, actions speak louder than words, so we would hope that sharpspoon will let the community know when he's been in contact with our senior management, and when his issue has been resolved.

Have a happy Rest-Of-Thanksgiving weekend!

== The CoinTerra Support Team ==

Since you are online, this should be a good time to ask.

When are the first units going to ship?
sharpspoon

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:02:44 AM

I can't speak for what's happening on the hardware end, but, there is still heaps of work going on behind the scenes by myself and their engineers writing software for their fpga communication board and the cgminer driver, so I very much doubt we're working on nothing (especially since I'm getting paid to write said code).
That is good to know, thank you for chiming in.  Unfortunately, among other things, Cointerra owes me money, which I owe to my investing group, that we would like to have, and would have, re-invested over a month ago.  Their delay cost us a lot of money already and continues to cost us more.  My concern was never whether their hardware will exist or not, however that has now become a growing concern based on their punctuality struggles with both tapeout and customer support response time.
You have made a lot of serious accusations and have posted no proof other than a string of messages that do not say anything at all.   Perhaps, you should post something that will make us believe you. 
First, I'm not trying to convince you of anything.
Second, I welcome Cointerra to the discussion.  That's my goal, in fact.  All I want is for them to address my issue. 
That is what I figured.  You are full of it.   There is probably a good reason they do not keep calling you back (your own posts indicate they did respond and you wanted your "demand" escalated to a "supervisor").    Hmmm, who should I believe.  Someone like Con who has been altruistic toward miners for years, or someone who just jammed up an account two weeks ago to post smack comments.

I'm pointing out, Minor Miner, Cointerra has confirmed I am not "full of it" as you so quickly accused me of being.  Also, I never asked to speak to a supervisor or to have my issue escalated as you also accuse me of doing.  I asked a few questions about my orders and money that I am owed.  In addition, I don't know why you think my posts indicate they responded to me as they did not respond any other times not shown in the timeline I posted.  Someone may be "full of it" but it is not me.  I don't expect an apology but one is certainly in order.  
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:12:43 AM

I'm pointing out, Minor Miner, Cointerra has confirmed I am not "full of it" as you so quickly accused me of being.  Also, I never asked to speak to a supervisor or to have my issue escalated as you also accuse me of doing.  I asked a few questions about my orders and money that I am owed.  In addition, I don't know why you think my posts indicate they responded to me as they did not respond any other times not shown in the timeline I posted.  Someone may be "full of it" but it is not me.  I don't expect an apology but one is certainly in order.  
Re-read the string YOU posted.   You posted a RESPONSE from them and a response that addresses ANOTHER time they responded to you.
Why did you not just call them?   It is easy.   I have done it.   Instead, you cry here and keep bumping a thread that many people are watching for news about tape out, not your inability to contact someone.   There is no apology coming from me.

sharpspoon

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:31:14 AM

Re-read the string YOU posted.   You posted a RESPONSE from them and a response that addresses ANOTHER time they responded to you.
Why did you not just call them?   It is easy.   I have done it.   Instead, you cry here and keep bumping a thread that many people are watching for news about tape out, not your inability to contact someone.   There is no apology coming from me.

I still don't know what you are talking about.  ALL of Cointerra's responses after my timeline begins are included in my post.  No contacts or responses were left out.  Please elaborate on this "another time" you speak of.  Also, my account is 6 months old, not two weeks as you stated.
sharpspoon

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 05:45:28 AM

I still don't know what you are talking about.  ALL of Cointerra's responses after my timeline begins are included in my post.  No contacts or responses were left out.  Please elaborate on this "another time" you speak of.  Also, my account is 6 months old, not two weeks as you stated.

And not that it is any of your business but I am a quadriplegic and email is MUCH, much easier for me than using a phone.  I very rarely use a phone for that reason.  And no, I'm not posting the x-rays of my C2 vertebrae for you.  Believe it or don't believe it.  Makes no difference to me.  Like I said, I wasn't expecting an apology.
JTrain_51

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:05:13 AM

Any idea of price per GH/s?

I am trying to decide to wait for you, or order through KnC.

Word of the forum is these miners kick KnC in the ass
Im looking at both Im going to make an investment soon
Haiyan

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:18:59 AM

cointerra
ive left multple requests for communication. some more than a week old.  If your backlog is clearing, why haven't I gotten any response?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 11:23:30 AM

cointerra
ive left multple requests for communication. some more than a week old.  If your backlog is clearing, why haven't I gotten any response?

Sorry, Cointerra was too busy writing a great wall of text about how the dog ate their homework because #REASONS and you just weren't a priority.   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:30:04 AM

Guys. What are your take on this find?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=350732.msg3775367#msg3775367

Perhaps Ravi is a travel agent in his past or spare side job?

Or....  Roll Eyes
Haiyan

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 11:36:17 AM

Sorry, Cointerra was too busy writing a great wall of text about how the dog ate their homework because #REASONS and you just weren't a priority.   Undecided

Apparently not
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:00:23 PM

<lots of blah blah>

Where are the chips? Where are the PCBs? When will you ship?

It's so interesting to see that cointerra bothered to post such a long and useless reply when a forum member pointed out that there are some communication issues, but doesn't bother to post any updates regarding the miners and regarding the Travel Agency at their location: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=350732.msg3775367#msg3775367

Care to reply to that cointerra?

sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:19:24 PM

Any idea of price per GH/s?

I am trying to decide to wait for you, or order through KnC.

Word of the forum is these miners kick KnC in the ass

citation needed.

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 02:39:00 PM

Just look at the specs, you don't need "word on the forum".
Of course, there's the fact that KnC has shown they can ship, while CoinTerra hasn't yet.

Are you aware of the last product KnC launched (neptune: https://www.kncminer.com/news/news-69)?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 02:55:23 PM

Guys. What are your take on this find?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=350732.msg3775367#msg3775367

Perhaps Ravi is a travel agent in his past or spare side job?

Or....  Roll Eyes

Ravi, the CEO of CoinTerra, is still in his thirties and is Not a travel agent Smiley.

CoinTerra officially moved into Suite 303 on Nov 4th. Prior to that CoinTerra was sub-leasing an office at Suite 200.

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
plasmoske

The realist

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:07:30 PM

Glad you cleared that all up.

Now how's the chip and PCB coming along? Still on track? Smiley
ASIC-K

Activity: 280

Hell?

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:12:33 PM

i like how to don't answer any actual important questions like the two above.....

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: