Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:59:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230786 times)
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:23:39 PM

how comes that the asic-vendor threads are ALWAYS full of jerks?

and sometimes even the same jerks as some of those trolls here where already seen at the KNC-thread back in september, right before they started shipping.

yes they are TECHNICALLY spoken late. but WHAT THE FUCK!? i dont need no icebreaker to calculate several weeks of delay onto EVERY timeline of asic-vendors!

how rediculous to order ASICs and start whinig when they are several days late. where the fuck have you been!? thats the business!
plato14

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:24:31 PM

Did you guys notice they took down this video from their youtube channel and they took it down from their website too.  I wonder why
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGArkvNXl1g
 Probably because it was a bullshit video that was meant to scam people into buying their hardware from them for a higher price.
plato14

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:27:18 PM

Ordering ANY product and expecting them late is LAUGHABLE, they were marketing on the fact that other ASIC manufactures had problems with late shipments and said they would be different. 
plato14

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:32:28 PM

Only someone who works for CT would say all that.  You are obviously not waiting for a machine, and people should notice this.  Stop comparing yourself to what the other companies have done.  It won't work.

VE -

dont be ridiculous.  im a wholesale customer ...

-- Jez

Well since you have so much extra 'access' why don't you tell us wtf is going on over there, and if you're such  big buyer i don't know why you're acting so cool and collected about this and defending them, you should be more angry than anyone on this forum.

Surprise, as a customer myself I don't share your anger.  I am always suspicious of marketing people and what they say - they are trying to sell something.  Which is why I read the contract and understood it before spending large sums of money.  Do you get surprised when your cell phone company charges you an early termination fee?  It is in the contract, but not often mentioned by the salespeople.  

An electronics development doesn't take exactly X days and you might say well add more people if you start to drift late - but it is commonly understood that doing so ends up making the project even later as the new people have to be brought up to speed by people who would otherwise be doing the actual work.  The marketing department at cointerra could have built these expectations better for what appears to be a bunch of non-technical early adapters, but they probably weighed that against the other players in the market and decided to go with the more "traditional" (for btc mining co) way with a target date conveyed as the expected ship date.

Cool i didn't ask you, you're probably just a shill anyways.  I understand all the contract semantics behind this okay pal, thanks for giving us your brilliant insight. 
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:34:30 PM

Ordering ANY product and expecting them late is LAUGHABLE, they were marketing on the fact that other ASIC manufactures had problems with late shipments and said they would be different. 

Very true.  And also very suspicious that they took the video down.

davepsilon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:37:43 PM

You ordered a device that was still being developed.  Expecting it to be done and shipped without any schedule slack is laughable.  Have you ever ordered something that had to go through customs?  It is a similar deal, you don't know how long it takes - did you get mad when it took more than 3 days to get to you?

How long does developing an ASIC take?  Exactly X days.  No it depends what issues are discovered along the way.  The marketing department gave you the earliest target and the contract gave them a whole extra month of slack (until you can request a USD refund).  So they haven't triggered the late clause of the contract yet (and could always blame a third party to extend it).  I expected some chance of being on time, but a larger chance of being delayed a few weeks, and a small chance of being delayed a few months.  
ImI
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:40:09 PM

no, its laughable to order from asic-vendors and expecting them to deliver right at their promised delivery date. THATS LAUGHABLE and NAIVE.

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:40:20 PM

You ordered a device that was still being developed.  Expecting it to be done and shipped without any schedule slack is laughable.  Have you ever ordered something that had to go through customs?  It is a similar deal, you don't know how long it takes - did you get mad when it took more than 3 days to get to you?

How long does developing an ASIC take?  Exactly X days.  No it depends what issues are discovered along the way.  The marketing department gave you the earliest target and the contract gave them a whole extra month of slack (until you can request a USD refund).  So they haven't triggered the late clause of the contract yet (and could always blame a third party to extend it).  I expected some chance of being on time, but a larger chance of being delayed a few weeks, and a small chance of being delayed a few months.  

What he said still counts, and you did a horrible job at contradicting his point.  He pointed out that CoinTerra claimed they would be different, and they even convinced us of this without a doubt.  No matter what you say about "justifiable delays", he is completely right.  

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:41:13 PM

no, its laughable to order from asic-vendors and expecting them to deliver right at their promised delivery date. THATS LAUGHABLE and NAIVE.

So you guys are saying "What did you expect?  Its an asic company!  We should have expected them to fail!" 
yeah nice logic there... good job at defending cointerra, idiots

plato14

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:42:43 PM

No denial that davidepsilon is a cointerra shill.
ImI
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:44:27 PM

Cool i didn't ask you, you're probably just a shill anyways. 

and thats even better asicthread-gold. everybody who dares to speak up against lunatic conspiracytheories is promptly maked as "shill".

so much lolz!
ImI
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:45:47 PM

So you guys are saying "What did you expect?  Its an asic company!  We should have expected them to fail!" 
yeah nice logic there... good job at defending cointerra, idiots

lol! learn to read, nobody said "expect them to fail".

expect them to be some weeks late, thats all.
plato14

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:48:13 PM

and thats even better asicthread-gold. everybody who dares to speak up against lunatic conspiracytheories is promptly maked as "shill".

so much lolz!

I guess its a conspiracy theory that conterra is late on their shipment dates now? 
plato14

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:51:13 PM

Its a conspiracy theory that cointerra is late on their shipments and its completely appalling that i would dare to mention my dissatisfaction of that fact on this public forum, you're right ImI i should just STFU.
ImI
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:58:21 PM

so much lolz!

I guess its a conspiracy theory that conterra is late on their shipment dates now? 

no but the talk about shills and cointerra selfmining (go back some pages and read) is nothing more than that.
davepsilon

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:02:01 PM

Cool i didn't ask you, you're probably just a shill anyways.  I understand all the contract semantics behind this okay pal, thanks for giving us your brilliant insight. 

Nope, not a shill, just a customer.  I'm glad you understand it, but your posts suggest otherwise.  Since we're throwing shill accusations at anyone that disagrees with us I think you're a shill for a competitor.

plato14

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:06:44 PM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 04:19:47 PM by plato14

so much lolz!

no but the talk about shills and cointerra selfmining (go back some pages and read) is nothing more than that.

I never mentioned anything about self mining,

wiki first line: shill -A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization

This guy comes onto this forum with three comments, specifically picks THIS thread of all the other threads and mining scams, and starts talking up cointerra and talking about the legal implications of our contract and also the potential dev. problems because he has a 'background' in hardware.  He walks like a duck quacks like a duck.  Whether I'm wrong or not doesn't matter i don't care to hear from customers who are satisfied with taking this crap from over-promising/under-delivering asic manufacturers.

plato14

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:11:16 PM

Nope, not a shill, just a customer.  I'm glad you understand it, but your posts suggest otherwise.  Since we're throwing shill accusations at anyone that disagrees with us I think you're a shill for a competitor.

Ya?  A shill for what company? NONE OF THEM ARE DELIVERING!!!!!!
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:16:07 PM

Ya?  A shill for what company? NONE OF THEM ARE DELIVERING!!!!!!

Bitfury and Bitmain are in-stock and delivering very fast.

Buy & Hold
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 05:39:47 PM

Well since you have so much extra 'access' why don't you tell us wtf is going on over there, and if you're such  big buyer i don't know why you're acting so cool and collected about this and defending them, you should be more angry than anyone on this forum.

put this into context.  i ordered a lot of hashfast systems and they're more than 3 months late(!)  and I'm not angry at them either.  Sure, I'm negotiating with them - in good faith - as to what happens now, as i feel I've overpaid with my order compared to when I'm going to receive it.  i paid a lot more, per gh for my hashfast systems than i did for my cointerra systems on the basis that the hashfast ones were sposed to arrive 2-3 months ahead of the cointerra ones.  Cointerra by comparison was a bargain - especially now that it looks like they both could ship in the same few week window, yet one was significantly cheaper than the other.  had hashfast delivered in october, that too would've been well priced... and it was on that basis that i ordered from them.

I'm definitely not angry at cointerra as they're not even late yet... and I'm still hopeful that the january batch will ship in january - they still have two weeks left (to start shipping, at least).  if it slips into february i won't be angry at them either.. as thats part of the deal i signed up to.  if they delay til march or april, i will probably start to get more anxious!  but angry... no, not ever!

if i was ordering new equipment, NOW, i couldn't get it in the same timeframe, at a similar price.

btw, if anyone does want to cancel their batch 1 hashfast or batch 1 cointerra, let me know... as i might want to buy it !  i can't buy anything cheaper in that delivery timeframe.

Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: