Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:04:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTerra announces its first ASIC - Hash-Rate greater than 500 GH/s  (Read 230752 times)
phoenikx

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:09:12 PM

Can we all just please ignore the dear member supercomputing and get back ontopic?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hardpick

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Football President

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:52:59 PM

has any product shipped ?
or is this a BFL 1st April joke ?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 09:09:16 PM

has any product shipped ?
or is this a BFL 1st April joke ?

Fact checkers & math connoisseurs are not their intended market

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
plato14

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:13:31 AM

Wow now cointerra has a security breach not really surprised, through all the 'head architect of Samsung'/'cryptography teacher' fluff theyre just a bunch of amateurs, i can't believe i was duped into purchasing one of these machines from them.  Im sure theyre loving it though anything to buy them more time.
plato14

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:24:22 AM

Get it together Cointerra

We are currently investigating a malicious attack on our email servers and website this weekend which has resulted in a security breach. We have taken the site down temporarily while we investigate the situation and will bring it back up again as soon as possible.

In the meantime, any customers who have placed orders in the past seven business days and have not yet made payment should not make payment via Bitcoin. We would like to make it clear that CoinTerra has a strict policy never to offer to move customers forward into an earlier batch, or to offer discounts or free shipping in return for quick payment.

If you have placed an order and paid via Bitcoin since January 31st and have been contacted via email by any person purporting to be a CoinTerra representative offering to discount your order or to move you into an earlier batch, or to sell you a cancelled order from an earlier batch in exchange for quick payment please contact us immediately at itdesk@cointerra.com so that we may investigate it.

Please note that this situation will not affect the shipping of units to early customers from our first batches, which is currently in progress.
We will post an update with further information as soon as we have more information. Thank you for your patience.

Team CoinTerra
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:29:02 AM

Wow now cointerra has a security breach not really surprised, through all the 'head architect of Samsung'/'cryptography teacher' fluff theyre just a bunch of amateurs, i can't believe i was duped into purchasing one of these machines from them.  Im sure theyre loving it though anything to buy them more time.

If you were 'duped', why are you offering your units for sale?  And at double the price you paid?  It seems awfully unethical to be trying to pass the buck with a huge markup if you truly feel cheated.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433851.msg4852270#msg4852270
plato14

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:46:05 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 02:56:10 AM by plato14

If you were 'duped', why are you offering your units for sale?  And at double the price you paid?  It seems awfully unethical to be trying to pass the buck with a huge markup if you truly feel cheated.

Actually that is a huge discount considering i paid in bitcoin, i took a huge loss.  Also considering 'duped' in this instance is a figure of speech,  my opinions obviously differs from others who are still willing to purchase don't they?  What one has to consider when selling something like this is if they are still willing to risk putting their faith in cointerra is delivering a reasonable amount of time, others are still willing to do that, also purchasing these ASICs right now is not as risky is it was when i purchased them when bitcoins were only were 130 dollars.

Cheers     
DPoS

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:45:38 AM

ClownTerra Miming Company

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:00:06 AM

Actually that is a huge discount considering i paid in bitcoin, i took a huge loss.  Also considering 'duped' in this instance is a figure of speech,  my opinions obviously differs from others who are still willing to purchase don't they?  What one has to consider when selling something like this is if they are still willing to risk putting their faith in cointerra is delivering a reasonable amount of time, others are still willing to do that, also purchasing these ASICs right now is not as risky is it was when i purchased them when bitcoins were only were 130 dollars.
Cheers     
Do not try and make anyone feel that you paid more because you decided to cash your bitcoins in for USD at 130 USD/BTC.   That was your choice and means either you did not have enough USD to buy your miner OR you felt BTC was overvalued at $130.   Not anyone's problem but yours.   If you did have USD available, you made a really stupid trade.   Cointerra was more than happy to take USD so the method you paid was your own choice and it is time to man up and deal with it.   You paid a USD price.

plato14

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:51:24 AM

Cheers     
Do not try and make anyone feel that you paid more because you decided to cash your bitcoins in for USD at 130 USD/BTC.   That was your choice and means either you did not have enough USD to buy your miner OR you felt BTC was overvalued at $130.   Not anyone's problem but yours.   If you did have USD available, you made a really stupid trade.   Cointerra was more than happy to take USD so the method you paid was your own choice and it is time to man up and deal with it.   You paid a USD price.

Excuse me but i think everyone knows the name of the game here, mining bitcoin is to acquire more bitcoin, according to the calculations i made at the time(which would have given me a nice bitcoin profit had cointerra delivered on time) were all made in bitcoin. all my calculations i did in advanced were to get more bitcoin not more fiat, so yes i did sell at a huge loss, because i received less bitcoin than what i paid for them, its as simple as that, is that getting through to you or are you thick?  What cointerra did was use it as a payment method to receive fiat or so they said, but i don't really care what they did with it, i know that some of their employees are being paid in bitcoin so that is not completely true.

Everyone understands there is an exchange rate please bring more to the table next time.     
VolanicEruptor

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:30:51 AM

ClownTerra Miming Company

Someone needs to edit that first promo video they did and put clown noses on all of them

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:40:18 AM

so they got "Hacked", this is really BS, they are trying to buy more time, they stated they started production 10 days ago and they "delivered" the first miner a week ago and yet no one seems to receive a tracking number or any information about shipping.

I really wish for regulation to hit Bitcoin really hard just because of these kind of abuses...
Every Day Junglist

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:27:11 AM

looks like there website is back up...
DPoS

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:09:02 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 04:23:50 PM by DPoS

looks like there website is back up...

fun facts from the FAQ

"I’ve been burned giving money to other Bitcoin mining manufacturers. Can you be trusted?

Only you can make that determination. We strongly recommend that you look on our website at the people behind CoinTerra, use your favorite search engine to do some research on the company and its management team and then make up your mind based on their individual track records and CoinTerra’s reputation in the Bitcoin mining community."

--

"You’re not the first 28nm chip available. How will you compare to your competitors?

Our strategy has always been to design the very best chip that is possible in the 28nm process node. Our competitors’ strategy was focused on racing to market and in that respect it has been successful – they will ship first, and we won’t.  Put simply, there’s a trade-off that is made in order to launch quickly, and they have sacrificed performance and efficient power consumption to enable them to hit their release date. They have said that if they had more time they would’ve made a better chip.  Well, we spent more time, and we did design a better chip!"

mmitech
Legendary

Activity: 1148

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:16:44 AM

Did anyone saw this article http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/03/cointerra_ships_bitcoin_miners/

they suggest that December Batch1 customer now all got their rigs !!!?

All customers who ordered for the December deadline, now known as “batch 1”, have now got their kit, with the original January (batch 2) customers receiving their gear over the next couple of weeks. Customers who ordered boxes for February and beyond should get the miners on time.

and a free Miner for 1st Batch customers in Batch 4 ??!!!

Those customers who received batch one kit will get a second, batch four box free. This vast amount of extra processing released into the wild will have a disruptive effect on the Bitcoin market

where did they get that Info from ?
sirky

Activity: 404

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:44:01 AM

Did anyone saw this article http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/02/03/cointerra_ships_bitcoin_miners/

they suggest that December Batch1 customer now all got their rigs !!!?

All customers who ordered for the December deadline, now known as “batch 1”, have now got their kit, with the original January (batch 2) customers receiving their gear over the next couple of weeks. Customers who ordered boxes for February and beyond should get the miners on time.

This is completely false. I still have a December order, and have absolutely not received it (really, the datacenter hasn't received it - it isn't going to my house), nor have a received a tracking number or anything like that.

and a free Miner for 1st Batch customers in Batch 4 ??!!!

Those customers who received batch one kit will get a second, batch four box free. This vast amount of extra processing released into the wild will have a disruptive effect on the Bitcoin market

where did they get that Info from ?

This part is true though. AFAIK all December orders were given a March order for free.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:59:09 AM

This is completely false. I still have a December order, and have absolutely not received it (really, the datacenter hasn't received it - it isn't going to my house), nor have a received a tracking number or anything like that.

So CT is starting to throw BS out to the media, as HF has been doing for months. I say to the media because it's an interesting way of creating confusion and/or not releasing any official statement.

Yes, that's certainly the right way to become the Intel of Bitcoin.

[loss of faith in this company completed]

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:07:23 PM

DATELINE 2/3/2014

We are currently investigating a malicious attack on our website and email servers this weekend that has resulted in a security breach. We took our website down as soon as the intrusion was detected on Sunday afternoon and brought the site back up on Sunday evening.

The website has been restored to a secure backup made shortly before the breach occurred and all orders placed before January 31st 2014 are intact. Customers are again able to place orders both via BitPay and wire transfer as normal.

We immediately contacted the appropriate authorities and an investigation is already underway.

A small number of customers who paid for their order with Bitcoin between January 31st and February 2nd may have been affected and we are in the process of reaching out to those customers directly.

We will continue to investigate the full scope of the security breach. Although we do not yet have specific information regarding customer logins on the CoinTerra.com website being compromised, we can confirm that all passwords are encrypted (salted and hashed). However, as a precautionary measure we recommend that customers immediately change their account passwords.

Note that this will not affect the current shipping schedule of our units to customers this week.

Please contact itdesk@cointerra.com if you placed an order between January 31st and February 2nd or have received any suspicious emails regarding your order, such as:

Asking you to switch your order made with wire transfer to Bitcoin
Offering to move up your order to an earlier batch in exchange for quick payment via Bitcoin
Offering free shipping in exchange for quick payment via Bitcoin
Offering to sell “cancelled orders” from an earlier batch in exchange for quick payment via Bitcoin
Offering a percentage discount for quick payment via Bitcoin
We would like to make it very clear that CoinTerra has a strict policy of never offering new customers the option to buy into an earlier batch ahead of existing customers, or of offering discounts or free shipping in return for quick payment.

For all other customer support issues please contact support@cointerra.com as usual. Please understand that the allocation of resources to the security investigation may result in a delay in response times for customer support tickets. We will make every effort to resume our normal level of service and update the website with further information as soon as possible.

We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time.

Team CoinTerra
twmz

Activity: 737
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:05:50 PM

Stupid question, but if I have an electrician come out to install a 220 volt outlet/circuit, won't that outlet have a different shape/configuration?  I imagine I would need a different kind of cable to connect the power supply to the wall, but google is not providing useful search results (probably because I am searching for the wrong thing).

Any suggestions?

Was I helpful?  1TwmzX1wBxNF2qtAJRhdKmi2WyLZ5VHRs
WoT, GPG

Bitrated user: ewal.
aerobatic

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:13:18 PM

Stupid question, but if I have an electrician come out to install a 220 volt outlet/circuit, won't that outlet have a different shape/configuration?  I imagine I would need a different kind of cable to connect the power supply to the wall, but google is not providing useful search results (probably because I am searching for the wrong thing).

Any suggestions?

we have iec cables in europe the same as the ones in america.  they may well be the same cable with a different connector on it.  i don't know what connector they would use in the usa... but in europe, we mostly use 2 or 3 pin rounded connectors, and in the uk something different.

but i honestly don't know what you'd use in america when using 220-240 volt supplies.

europe..

http://www.power-cord.org/european-vde-power-cords/d04-1273.html

uk..

http://www.power-cord.org/uk-bsi-denmark-power-cords/y006a-st3-h-1507.html
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: