Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:14:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 334 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Analysis  (Read 941458 times)
abedit

Activity: 7
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:05:52 AM

Here's my interpretation:

A drop from 17K to 10K- (40+%) would mean that the bull run continues to 70K-100K.
A drop from 30K+ to 10K- (67%+) then the bull run is over (bubble caput) and no chance of 70K-100K.  I think he earlier said the next bear market would be 2 years.

It seems to me that since we crossed 17K and are now approaching 20K , the latter option is more likely.
baseke

Activity: 389
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:58:45 AM

actually there is master luc's prediction from may https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/YRZvdurN-The-target-of-current-bubble-lays-between-40k-and-110k/
where he focast price action to 30 k down to 15 k then 100k.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 11:20:31 AM

actually there is master luc's prediction from may https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/YRZvdurN-The-target-of-current-bubble-lays-between-40k-and-110k/
where he focast price action to 30 k down to 15 k then 100k.

Yes everybody here in this thread knows this!
However don't take those chart as a guarantee!
And if you read his blog posts you would know this. He just recently said he expects us the price to retest the 10k.
That would be a ~50% retracement form the actual price. And if we should go higher that would could end in a 60-70% retracement.
10k is a pretty significant, psychological number. Therefore to test this as a hopefully new solid bottom seems inevitable to me.
So buckle up my friend! There will be blood on the street before we go for 100k/BTC!!
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 06:51:04 AM

just one thing to note is that in the previous 2 bubbles after the pop the retracement was approximately 90% from top to bottom.  however the first bubble was more in the 95% retrace and the 2nd barely fell to about 88% i think. of course not an exact science here but if the retrace is getting less deep perhaps the next one will only be closer to 80%, which if the 10k hypothesis turns out to be correct would imply a top in the 50-70k range
abedit

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:43:56 AM

just one thing to note is that in the previous 2 bubbles after the pop the retracement was approximately 90% from top to bottom.  however the first bubble was more in the 95% retrace and the 2nd barely fell to about 88% i think. of course not an exact science here but if the retrace is getting less deep perhaps the next one will only be closer to 80%, which if the 10k hypothesis turns out to be correct would imply a top in the 50-70k range

But he is ruling that possibility out.  He is saying that unless the 10k is tested, he strongly doubts more than 20k-30k.  Higher than 20-30k requires testing 10k.  If that test to 10k happens from 17k, then bull run continues to 70k-100k.  If it happens from 30k, then this bull run is over.  I believe one of his earlier posts said 2 years of a bear market this current bull market, but I'm hoping he'll clarify more once 10k is tested.

Disclaimer:  I'm solely relying on Google Translate. Perhaps a native Russian speaker can clarify.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:04:51 AM

just one thing to note is that in the previous 2 bubbles after the pop the retracement was approximately 90% from top to bottom.  however the first bubble was more in the 95% retrace and the 2nd barely fell to about 88% i think. of course not an exact science here but if the retrace is getting less deep perhaps the next one will only be closer to 80%, which if the 10k hypothesis turns out to be correct would imply a top in the 50-70k range

But he is ruling that possibility out.  He is saying that unless the 10k is tested, he strongly doubts more than 20k-30k.  Higher than 20-30k requires testing 10k.  If that test to 10k happens from 17k, then bull run continues to 70k-100k.  If it happens from 30k, then this bull run is over.  I believe one of his earlier posts said 2 years of a bear market this current bull market, but I'm hoping he'll clarify more once 10k is tested.

Disclaimer:  I'm solely relying on Google Translate. Perhaps a native Russian speaker can clarify.

It is strange to believe that anyone can serve as a kind of oracle, and sure a lot of those masterluc points make sense - but why should not any of us be able to think through these kinds of scenarios ourselves in order to come to our own reasonable projections regarding price dynamics, which price dynamics also do change based on volume and how much force and speed in which we experience certain price movements, up and down?

I will admit that personally, I don't project beyond one or two legs, and I suppose that makes masterluc and some of the others "special" to be projecting out longer time lines with underlying bullish assumptions (which have ended up playing out, largely). 

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
btcone111

Activity: 266
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:26:02 AM

just one thing to note is that in the previous 2 bubbles after the pop the retracement was approximately 90% from top to bottom.  however the first bubble was more in the 95% retrace and the 2nd barely fell to about 88% i think. of course not an exact science here but if the retrace is getting less deep perhaps the next one will only be closer to 80%, which if the 10k hypothesis turns out to be correct would imply a top in the 50-70k range

But he is ruling that possibility out.  He is saying that unless the 10k is tested, he strongly doubts more than 20k-30k.  Higher than 20-30k requires testing 10k.  If that test to 10k happens from 17k, then bull run continues to 70k-100k.  If it happens from 30k, then this bull run is over.  I believe one of his earlier posts said 2 years of a bear market this current bull market, but I'm hoping he'll clarify more once 10k is tested.

Disclaimer:  I'm solely relying on Google Translate. Perhaps a native Russian speaker can clarify.

It is strange to believe that anyone can serve as a kind of oracle, and sure a lot of those masterluc points make sense - but why should not any of us be able to think through these kinds of scenarios ourselves in order to come to our own reasonable projections regarding price dynamics, which price dynamics also do change based on volume and how much force and speed in which we experience certain price movements, up and down?

I will admit that personally, I don't project beyond one or two legs, and I suppose that makes masterluc and some of the others "special" to be projecting out longer time lines with underlying bullish assumptions (which have ended up playing out, largely). 

a lot of people pretend they are good at predicting tops and bottoms. As a matter of fact, only 1% or so are really good at it.
If everyone is good at everything, everyone could be Bill Gates or Elon Musk. But no, that's not how the world works.

Hope_Trader

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:43:54 PM

a lot of people pretend they are good at predicting tops and bottoms. As a matter of fact, only 1% or so are really good at it.
If everyone is good at everything, everyone could be Bill Gates or Elon Musk. But no, that's not how the world works.

Agreed all round, in returning to this forum, masterluc and trading full time, I now see him as just another guy with an opinion. His opinion is of course very valid and it guides us and allows us to discuss our way through different realistic scenarios as we approach them. We will literally talk our way to the top, and identify it as it's happening in this way or just after the fact. That's basically what we need to make the trade or sell the holdings or whatever we plan to do with that information. We won't be identifying the exact time and price now and trading that exactly, that seems ludicrous. There's an interesting trading/market podcast with Michael Covel who always laughs about the idea of prediction in markets. It took me a while to get that, you can't predict the future, you can only guess possibles and probables to give you an edge and align your expectations with reality.  

This is how I trade, as you say it's hard to project beyond one or 2 legs, but you can keep multiple scenarios in mind so you are not too surprised when one occurs over another, then when you identify all the signals that surround that scenario you can start to build a picture that equals confirmation of that scenario or a close enough likeness. Then you can trade it. It's always a bit messy, never perfect, and exact predictions always seem to me to be kind of painful in trading as they lead to expectations of the prediction coming true.

I like how luc is giving scenarios, at the moment he says $25-75k if X or Y. Seems a pretty good range of expectations Smiley I enjoy this thread and so glad you're all still here, let's continue talking our way to the next top.

"analysis never ends"
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 10423

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:59:03 PM

I have been in bitcoin for a bit more than 4 years, and ever since I started, I never really tried to predict shorter term price movements or even intermediary price movements; however, my overall presumption has continued to be that bitcoin is a good investment and in the longer term it is going to tend towards upwards.  My also underlying presumption regarding volatility has evolved too, and for that reason, I have more specifically begun to assert that the main thing that we can predict to have high odds of happening remains high volatility, and in about the past two years, I have developed and evolved systems that seem to better take advantage of the expected volatility in order to give me some profits, but the main thing is to provide me some insurance against periods or even longer term down side volatility.  It is not completely fool proof, but it has been working really well without having to get into either gambling habits or making attempts at predicting specifics regarding shorter-term price movements.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
pontikis13

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 01:23:00 AM

masterluc's latest message:
Пapдoньтe чтo нe пиcaл. Кopoчe cpaбoтaл мoй пpoпpиeтapный пpимa индикaтop. Hac ждёт тaки кoppeкция.

Дa вoт я тaкoй oптимиcт в пeccимиcтичнoм oбщecтвe и пeccимиcт в oптимиcтичнoм.

Moй пpoпpиeтapный индикaтop - мeжпoзвoнoчнaя гpыжa. Пepeд кpyтoй кoppeкциeй вocпaляeтcя тaк, чтo двигaтьcя нe мoгy. TA oтдыxaeт.

Эx, cтapocть нe paдocть. Кxe-кxe. Cтapaя бaбкa cтaлa peбятки.

Уй блaт. Гдe мoй диклoфeнaк....

Any heroic soul care to translate?
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:06:06 AM

masterluc's latest message:
Пapдoньтe чтo нe пиcaл. Кopoчe cpaбoтaл мoй пpoпpиeтapный пpимa индикaтop. Hac ждёт тaки кoppeкция.

Дa вoт я тaкoй oптимиcт в пeccимиcтичнoм oбщecтвe и пeccимиcт в oптимиcтичнoм.

Moй пpoпpиeтapный индикaтop - мeжпoзвoнoчнaя гpыжa. Пepeд кpyтoй кoppeкциeй вocпaляeтcя тaк, чтo двигaтьcя нe мoгy. TA oтдыxaeт.

Эx, cтapocть нe paдocть. Кxe-кxe. Cтapaя бaбкa cтaлa peбятки.

Уй блaт. Гдe мoй диклoфeнaк....

Any heroic soul care to translate?
He says that, according to his proprietary indicator - spinal hernia, a large correction is coming. Cheesy

It inflames before corrections.
pontikis13

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:10:39 AM

So he is basically joking that he is spending too much time sitting in front of the computer or something? Does it seem like he really believes there is a correction coming?
Bitcoinaire

Activity: 696
Merit: 439

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 02:31:02 AM

Google translate:

"Pardonte that did not write. In short, my proprietary prima indicator worked. We are waiting for a correction.

Yes, I'm such an optimist in a pessimistic society and a pessimist in an optimistic.

My proprietary indicator is the intervertebral hernia. Before a steep correction inflamed so that I can not move. TA is resting.

Eh, old age is not fun. Khe-khe. The old woman became a child.

Uye blat. Where is my diclofenac ...."
kfactor

Activity: 138
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 03:05:52 AM

Google translate:

... The old woman became a child. ...

Uye blat. Where is my diclofenac .... Covfefe"

Profound. Just what I needed, thanks.
Andergriff

Activity: 686
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:43:52 AM

Sorry that did not write. In short, my proprietary prima indicator worked. We are waiting for a correction.

Yes, I'm such an optimist in a pessimistic society and a pessimist in an optimistic.

My proprietary indicator is the intervertebral hernia. Before a steep correction inflamed so that I can not move. TA is resting.

Eh, old age is not fun. Khe-khe (coughs). Grandma aged, guys.

Oh shit. Where is my diclofenac...

Millionero

Activity: 807
Merit: 423

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 06:59:48 PM

get well soon бaбyшкa
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 08:08:38 AM

Sorry that did not write. In short, my proprietary prima indicator worked. We are waiting for a correction.

Eh, old age is not fun. Khe-khe (coughs). Grandma aged, guys.

Oh shit. Where is my diclofenac...
i think correction is good for bitcoin ,if go up like this ,the price will not be $70k. now the bitcoin is dumping ,i think it is a good sign ,the next target is $30k.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Joe200

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:49:19 PM

Where is the correction going to? 13k? 11k? 9.4k?
Hope_Trader

Activity: 27

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:53:05 PM

yes
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:53:21 PM

15 800
Pages: « 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 ... 334 »
  Print  

Jump to: