Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:44:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6908 times)
BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:12:24 AM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.

I prefer to participate on a campaign that has K.Y.C. policy because in this way there will be more investors who will trust their platform to succeed. The only downside of having a K.Y.C. campaign is, sometimes they are asking their participants about K.Y.C. before giving the payout and that's what makes them reduce their popularity because it was like a scam if they do that after the end of sale.

AravinthP

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 04:22:56 AM

i dont understand why even the hero members against it. its pretty straight forward, they wanna know whom they are giving their coins..Am i missing something?

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 04:45:47 AM

i dont understand why even the hero members against it. its pretty straight forward, they wanna know whom they are giving their coins..Am i missing something?
Because the members of this forum, participating in the campaigns of generosity, namely in signature campaigns, are entitled to do this on an anonymous basis. If campaigns request personal information before joining a campaign, this is one. Here, a forum member simply can not join such a campaign, he has the right to choose. However, most ICO campaigns begin to expose such data after the end of the ICO. And this is done only for the purpose of non-payment of earned tokens, since in this case the participant of the signature campaign is not given a choice and if he does not agree to provide his identification data, he must leave without claiming earned tokens. The point is that such a requirement of the company should be put forward at the beginning of the campaign before joining, and not after the work done, because this is more like a scam on the part of such bounty companies.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:07:35 AM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
Maybe it's a good point. Invested in some ICOs and had to submit my KYC afterwards.  It was stressful for me. Cause I usually panic more than other people without a reason)) and KYC after the bounty and work performed will be more stressful cause you do your fair work and spend time with your favorite project instead of watching a movie))

Not every ico does really have the K.Y.C. thing because some of the countries does not require this legality. The best thing about K.Y.C. is to get more legit customers and it makes the ico even more popular to earn more consumers that will invest on their coin.
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:41:46 AM

KYC is actually a bit horrible because we give a very important identity to others I am worried about the identity we have in use for criminal acts.
Cryptophorus Columbus

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:13:39 PM

Just a moment: may be I must identify myself, but before I want to be sure about the identity of the company who wants to identify me:
there are a lot of scammers there, it's very simple to simulate an airdrop, to promise some cheap money, and to collect data and sell them on the black market.
So, at present, is someone ask a copy of my passport, I renounce immediately and leave.
Moeda

Activity: 1585
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:26:29 PM

In my opinion, there is something new that they want to develop with the system they created, and that is also to avoid multiple accounts. Because the KYC system that is in INS asks us to fill out the bio and upload ID National.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:39:44 PM

I really hate this, we should not those kind of projects. In my opinion there is no need to give these sensible information to a random company you not really know. I just have to say it again. Take care of your sensible information.

All the best,

Peterparker9191
I know but that is the reality we are currently in, I will never accept that but there are many bounty hunters that will and that is going to ruin those bounty hunters which do not accept those conditions as more projects will begin to ask for that, so at the end they will be left with no option, they either give up or stop hunting bounties and something tells me many will decide to just comply.
kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 11:53:14 PM

I think its ok if they need to ask our KYC but in other hand it's risky because it's our personal information mostly the identification.  I think for me ICO's need KYC or investor only not for the bounty hunters. Bounty hunters help a campaign to know all people what campaign they have or spread the world their project so I think bounty hunter don't need KYC because it's big helpful for their project.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
Coin12

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

1st of May

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:00:53 AM

that's the horror of KYC for me, i haven't heard any identity theft yet regarding these KYC but i hope it will never happened because it could shake the ICO programs and bounty campaigns and to be honest as a bounty hunter joining campaign could give us pretty good amount of profit.

Horror for everybody if the company use the identity for something bad because we dont wheater its really keep secret or they will use it for another thing.
However, kyc is good to follow if the project is good. We need to make sure just join the good ico.

》》  HashCard   ∥|▌ REVOLUTIONISING HOW YOU USE CREDIT & DEBIT CARDS
▌|∥     JOIN WHITELIST     ∥|▐
Whitepaper TelegramTwitterFacebookMediumGithubYoutubeANN Thread
joletartare

Activity: 672
Merit: 22

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:05:57 AM

I understand Bounty managers who use KYC in order to avoid multiplication of cheaters... but it kills the essential of Cryptos : anonymity.
I did KYC once for an airdrop, and it resulted positive (Polymath). I wouldn't send selfie with ID card for a project I'm not sure of.
jayco25

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:11:48 AM

I dont get the Idea why bounty hunters need KYC. I open this also to OPEN MONEY why we need to submit KYC. Im still on stage of protesting to the new Rules of OPEN MONEY bounty. Hope someone will join me for the protest.

For this reason.
A lot of Hunters join the OPEN MONEY bounty with no KYC requirement and the in the middle of the bounty they Need KYC. I believed this is just strategy of OPEN MONEY because if KYC implemented a lot of Hunter will no longer interested to claim the TOKEN because they want still anonymous. which i think very wrong and not fair

#Datarius
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:56:01 AM

This is a problem indeed.
I hope that US and other countries will allow ICOs soon so they wont have to ask for KYC, because i do not trust these projects with my data.

Maybe they dont have bad intentions and are trying to keep ID data safe but in any case, most ICOs wont bother with going extra mile for your data protection.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:04:25 AM

Yes, it's too risky to give your data to an unknown entity. I saw that there are also some airdrop that ask to make a KYC just for ridiculous sums.
I suspect there is an hidden interest in this, and I stay away.

Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:54:52 AM

due to the multiple accounts that cause the prize pool to be small,
I agree with the KYC program for all bounty campaigns

Do you really think that bounty hunters with many accounts wouldn't be happy to enroll for the KYC all their bothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, grandfathers, grandmothers and relatives up to the third of fourth grade? KYC for bounty hunters suck and that's all. Full stop.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:15:06 PM

Honestly speaking KYC issues has turned to something else though am not against it but it's should be well announced and boldly written on the bounty campaign rules on the other hand KYC is strictly meant for investors not for bounty hunters because it has to advantage for some ICO companies to take hunters paid back to their pocket in the name of not filling KYC form well I guess this issue should be address.
marados

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:22:36 PM

Honestly, KYC for bounty hunters is a great thing, especially with all those referral programs, and fake referrals that are going on. There will always be some people that would try to cheat the system, and with KYC we can in one hand prevent that from happening. Also let's not say that with cheaters only honest people at are loss at the end.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:29:50 PM

Avoid, new precedent trying to be set, the more people the give in, then you'll have to give you info out for every single airdropped/bounty out there.
It's very dangerous for you to trust these non-reputable individuals with your information and for the future of cryptos as a whole, yet no one is discussing this.

You can blame Polymath for this, they don't want to work harder filter to filter puppets, so instead they want your ID.

Edit: There is probably nothing we can do to stop this, because the vast majority of people trying to do airdrops are very likely to hand over their info without a second thought. This has major repercussions, some of the worst repercussions we will see ever in crypto.

The best thing you can do if you're reading this, is to not give in to these new information whores, who are more than likely to flip your IDs on the darkweb for a profit.
You are correct. You should avoid projects that requires KYC because they can use your identification in bad way. If you want your identification not be use by other people, it is better if you will not join in airdrops our different campaign that needs your I.D.
alekscrypto3969

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:45:08 PM

There are pros and cons about KYC. I really don't know is it for good of not. The pros is that this method will eliminate most of the scams. The con is that they can use your ID for something bad and you cant prevent it from happening. Undecided
muhammedb

Activity: 378
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:17:03 PM

i see no reason why they should bordering bounty hunter with kyc, kyc is suppose to be meant for investor not bounty hunters, because for bounty hunters they have already summit most of there identity why trying to get involve in the project. so i don't think there is need for kyc for bounty hunter. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: