Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:16:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC of bounty hunters  (Read 6900 times)
CryptoCastle

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:12:52 PM

It would be correct to have the right to pass verification or not. Initially, this is to know your client. And now this is sometimes used as a way to not pay a bounty reward. Well, let's say we do not accept documents in which your data is not written in Latin. Do all countries use the Latin alphabet in official documents?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Birin016

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:13:27 PM

Bounties doesnt require KYC for participants. Then if they are asking for this information then better think twice before giving any information. Its important to be vigilant when giving information if its one of the requirements of the bounty then its your discretion if you would like to give your personal information.
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:15:06 PM

I'm not sure what the difference is between a bounty and a sig campaign, but I wouldn't trust any of them with my information.   If campaigns ever start asking for identification, that'll be the end of it for me.  As the member above said, that shit could easily wind up on the dark web--you just never know. 

What IS the difference between bounties and campaigns, anyway?
This is what i'm afraid for. We dont know behind it.
Dark Web is hell and will bring a nightmare for you because your information is leaked.
And, i'm still not understand KYC for Bounty hunter for what reason?.

TOTALLY DISAGREE KYC because it broke Crypto essential, Anonymity!

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
pergola

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:43:58 PM

Bounties doesnt require KYC for participants. Then if they are asking for this information then better think twice before giving any information. Its important to be vigilant when giving information if its one of the requirements of the bounty then its your discretion if you would like to give your personal information.
And what if I participated in the campaign bounty and after its termination the organizers demanded to pass KYC for reward? What to do in this case? I myself have not come across this, but I've heard about it many times.

sirkings0003

Activity: 252

Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:54:52 PM

So far this is not mentioned from the very beginning, then it is not fair, or better described as fraud. This is one of the reasons why some people insist that ICOs should be regulated.

LOVE on the Blockchain (Viola.AI): Telegram: https://t.me/ViolaAI | Website: http://bit.ly/Viola-AI-BitCoinTalk | Watch the CEO: http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO | http://bit.ly/MessagefromCEO-CN
macoinz

Activity: 111

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:57:53 PM

I'm not optimistic about KYC's validation of the bounty thread.
Because the bounty will not give you a lot of token, I think most people will give up the bounty when it requires KYC validation.
insect

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:42:20 PM

Never submit a KYC form. As soon as I see one I abandon the project, its not worth the chance they are a scam so I just assume they are.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:18:19 PM

what would be KYC?

It's an abbreviation for "Know your customer". A legislative measure by regulators to keep tab on the identities of customers to curb tax evasion and money laundering.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
ostsee77

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:30:38 PM

If people need a passport to the KYC and do not want to take their own, make an Airdrop with a google form and get hundreds of IDs and other data from the people. then you can use this data to make KYC. and many stupid people give an airdrop also KYC data.
Do not answer an airdrop that does something like that. Do not send private data to an airdrop. just take fake files for it
triasel

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:36:28 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
it so great because development just make sure that all participant is real not fake
for now many fake account and development not want if reward received by fake account
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 11:41:31 PM

Bounty programs are asking bounty hunters to do KYC before they are paid for work done . What do you think of this development.
The whole KYC idea defeats the anonymity feature of this system which has become a comfort zone for most, if not, all of us engaged in crypto currency. This requirement had bothered many bounty hunters who are not inclined into giving out their identity. Now this places us in a predicament...Will we give out our identity so we could receive our pay, or just set aside our well earned pay to keep our identity to ourselves?

Zeneize

Activity: 235

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:48:16 PM

The whole KYC idea defeats the anonymity feature of this system which has become a comfort zone for most, if not, all of us engaged in crypto currency. This requirement had bothered many bounty hunters who are not inclined into giving out their identity. Now this places us in a predicament...Will we give out our identity so we could receive our pay, or just set aside our well earned pay to keep our identity to ourselves?

Expect that sooner or later the same paradigm will apply for everybody holding cryptocurrencies. It is sufficient to impose KYC of everybody who uses an online exchange to track the wallets of everybody and the rest will follow.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Jaya912

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:58:14 PM

I think that KYC is imposed as part of the cryptocurrency and investment regulation in some countries. I also think that with KYC, people who are using alternate account cannot participate in one campaign at a time because he/she will not be able to submit the requirements for the KYC.

That is the advantage of this KYC. No more than 1 account can join at the same project with several account.
Other thing, bad company can use our identity for something bad that we dont know what.
room237

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:00:38 AM

KYC is the chink in crypto's armor.  If we have to give more information to own a crypto than a credit card its game over.  

Visa costs me nothing to use.
I don't need a passport.
It's instant.
It's accepted everywhere.
Get money back if stolen or if your unhappy with purchase.

Staying anonymous is the main feature or crypto.  If you have to give more info to get crypto than credit cards its game over.

You fools filling out KYC forms are killing a movement.
room237

Activity: 147
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:04:12 AM

I think that KYC is imposed as part of the cryptocurrency and investment regulation in some countries. I also think that with KYC, people who are using alternate account cannot participate in one campaign at a time because he/she will not be able to submit the requirements for the KYC.

That is the advantage of this KYC. No more than 1 account can join at the same project with several account.
Other thing, bad company can use our identity for something bad that we dont know what.

So in order to stop multiple accounts we destroy crypto?  The projects deploying KYC are fully and knowingly taking down the entire crypto community. 

Give me one advantage that crypto holds over Visa once you have to give your passport online to people you don't know to obtain it? 

People greed to flip a buck will kill the crypto.  Bankers win.  Again.  Ugh
strongman8

Activity: 133
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 03:01:18 AM

Great comments in here.  I never saw it from the perspective of how damaging KYC  is the the crypto community.  I for one will never send my info into these types of projects nor will I invest in them.  Great job guys calling out this KYC nonsense. 
Mymikagab

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:15:06 AM

I think because maybe it's a lot of accounts that are very abusive and not qualified within us etc so they need kyc for the members and would not have to cause a big problem with the acquired deatails in our
tansoft64

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 06:43:42 AM

Cryptocurrencies transaction is untraceable if this kyc is impost then there will be a problem because it can unlock the identity of the holder.

People who engage in cryptocurrencies are definitely don't want to kyc because it will expose us our identity and it will break the rules in cryptos to be anonymous.
dizzy1996

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

MoonDeFi

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:32:15 AM

Hello, I believe that this innovation is the right decision of the companies, since many bounty hunters create a lot of fake accounts and due to this they get more reward than they deserve, and the KYC process will simply stop these actions from the bounty of hunters

► MoonDefi ◄ ♦ Decentralised Protocol For Automated Liquidity ♦ ► MoonDefi ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit
icegeekfresh

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 09:35:19 AM

Why you are thinking that it will stop fake accounts, you can send your friend's driving licence or something like that, it is not exact solution for this problem. So I think that kyc is unnecessary for bounty, we are not participating to ico, they can collect for ico it is okey for law.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: