Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:19:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets  (Read 75304 times)
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:58:23 AM

Targeting the unbanked through decentralised system has become a common place, Just one question though, how will a decentralised App Store created by ALAX generate a unique marketplace?
This is what I'm also wondering about, they need something unique and not just about targeting different people, they also have to make everyone (maybe even the users of other similar platform) interested to this platform.

Would like to know this too, somehow I can't connect it in my head, how it will function as a store.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
safariwave

Activity: 391
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:19:12 AM

Matej Michalko, co-founder of ALAX attended the Blockchain Symposium conference in Seoul yesterday. When asked how is DCore better than Ethereum, he responded by comparing Ethereum to a blockchain Swiss knife, while DCore is more of a precise tool, a well-forged Sushi knife. In other words, if you want to go the way of mass production DCore would be a better fit. Read more about it in our blog.

You going to Asian market? You have some partnership in Korea? Why not creating tokens on Icon blockchain? First ICO on ICON would be very interesting

I'm not sure ICON could be an option. This project needs a blockchain that is worldwide well known and globally used.
ALAX_io (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:37:39 AM

Targeting the unbanked through decentralised system has become a common place, Just one question though, how will a decentralised App Store created by ALAX generate a unique marketplace?
This is what I'm also wondering about, they need something unique and not just about targeting different people, they also have to make everyone (maybe even the users of other similar platform) interested to this platform.

Would like to know this too, somehow I can't connect it in my head, how it will function as a store.

As far as we know, there is only one model widespread among the unbanked people - to buy credit form mobile operators and with it buy apps and games. We are targeting those people and since mobile operators are taking a huge share of the profit our games and apps should be significantly cheaper. So, in the end, there will be more money for customers as well as developers and less money for mobile operators. The store will function the same way as others stores do. Dragonfly already have ist stores pre-installed on many phones (but not under the name "Dragonfly") so we are just connecting what Dragonfly has - stores, customers and deals with mobile phone manufacturers with a know-how and blockchain technology made by DECENT. This will be a standard store (after all we do not want to force developers or customers to get used to something totally new).

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:43:16 AM

Matej Michalko, co-founder of ALAX attended the Blockchain Symposium conference in Seoul yesterday. When asked how is DCore better than Ethereum, he responded by comparing Ethereum to a blockchain Swiss knife, while DCore is more of a precise tool, a well-forged Sushi knife. In other words, if you want to go the way of mass production DCore would be a better fit. Read more about it in our blog.

Haha Smiley Really like that comparison! Its the very truth you guys are speaking. Nice to see that you attended the Symposium

So you appreciate the statement because. They called ethereum as Swiss knife. It's more like a steam engine train in modern city.

Alax if they are going to live inside someone else blockchain , I would be happy to see them in stratis chain or clone

Does ALAX already decided on what blockchain they will use? I hoped their final decision would be justifiable for the betterment of the project.Imho.

I assumed it will be Ethereum. The tokens at least will be ERC20 to start with.

We will use DeCENT's DCore. You can read more about this decision in blog by Kalvin Feng and also in this blog about DCore. We are using Ethereum only for TGE and distribution of ALX ERC20 based tokens which will be latter swapped for DECENT DCore UIA (User Issuable Assets).

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:46:00 AM

The mobile gaming industry is a very rapidly growing and promising market for the earnings and the fact that ALAX wants to build this market on a decentralized platform is a big advantage by making this industry transparent and safe. Will your project have a mobile application for users?

Yes, of course. ALAX app store is the main part of the project. We should have beta up and running in September this year.

loup

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 08:52:30 AM

Wow, 28 threath pages in just a few days. Looks like the community is growing an follows the project

Well, gaming is a big market and I think there are even a lot of gamers in the crypto market.

Not just gaming itself, but also think e-sports

Would be nice when ALAX sponsored an e-sports team. Great advertisment for them
Indeed, everything related to gaming usually grabs the attention of many people. This is a really huge market.
ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:05:44 AM

I know it take a long time to build Game platform. This is for me is long term project. ALAX idea is nice and targeting emerging market where is growth happening currently 

I don't think that we are loosing to much time by releasing Beta in September and full platform at the begining of 2019. We wanted to give a realistic roadmap we can achieve but I think it is still very ambitious one - within the one year we will be fully operational.

king_of_alts

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:09:27 AM

Wow, 28 threath pages in just a few days. Looks like the community is growing an follows the project

Well, gaming is a big market and I think there are even a lot of gamers in the crypto market.

Not just gaming itself, but also think e-sports

Would be nice when ALAX sponsored an e-sports team. Great advertisment for them
Indeed, everything related to gaming usually grabs the attention of many people. This is a really huge market.

Online Gaming has come a long way and it is only now that it is kind of mainstream because all the gamers from 10 to 15 years ago are now grown up and are open about their kids playing games. I have no doubt that it will grow further.
ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:12:55 AM

A user will be able to purchase in game items with tokens? Or only games? Some big distributors like Kinguin are joining the party (even if it's non-mobile games related)

It depends on the developers but there will be a possibility to reward the gamers as well as to make additional content for them in the game which they will be able to buy for the tokens.  

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:17:53 AM

The intersection between the two tokens could be interesting, maybe it could be a good system for the value of the project. It will make a difference between holder of token and users of the platform. Curious to see this in application.

The objective is to allow both blockchain and token economy-savvy individuals and non blockchain and token economy-savvy individuals to use Alax by the creation of a steady in-market currency. It is quite an innovation.

The promising interaction with non-users of Blockchain could allow the inclusion of many new people in Crypto, further popularizing not only the Platform but Crypto.

That's a really great perk for all crypto users. Since everything is going down for some time now I assume a lot of people decided to withdraw from crypto, so maybe now, projects like that could provide an incentive to come back to crypto.

you could in fact use the pegged token to cash out from crypto when the market is going down indeed

If that is the case, then we should appreciate the team's effort to protect its stakeholders interests in the project. I've never seen a scheme such as this before. Smiley

But you can't convert the pegged token back to crypto, can you?

No. You can only buy a games with it or change it with someone else for FIAT and only developers will be able to change it for FIAT directly at ALAX.

matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:30:35 AM

I know it take a long time to build Game platform. This is for me is long term project. ALAX idea is nice and targeting emerging market where is growth happening currently 

I don't think that we are loosing to much time by releasing Beta in September and full platform at the begining of 2019. We wanted to give a realistic roadmap we can achieve but I think it is still very ambitious one - within the one year we will be fully operational.

One year is not long, especially considering that beta will be available in September. That's actually quite fast. Look at other projects that claim their betas will be ready in couple of months and then it's just an endless streak of delays.

kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:36:28 AM

In my opinion claim to release a beta in months is always a lie, unless you have a working closed beta build right now. If you don't even have an alpha build, no way you can deliver an open beta in two months, not even a chance

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
rjp55

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2018, 09:38:03 AM

One year is not long, especially considering that beta will be available in September. That's actually quite fast. Look at other projects that claim their betas will be ready in couple of months and then it's just an endless streak of delays.

I agree, a realistic and dedicated plan is always better than a some sort of dream, delay on the roadmap or project could cause project losing trust in investors, so its better be safe than sorry.

░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░                                         
              ░░▒▓▓███▓▓░░████████████████▓░                                   
          ░▓▓▓▒██████████░ ███████████████████▒                                 
       ░▓██▒░  ███████████▓ ▒███████████████████▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓                     
  ▒▓▓▓██▒     ████████   ▒██░ ██████████▓▒░      █████████████████▓▓▒░         
 ▓█▒░░        ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░▒███░ ▓▓▓▒░░   ░░▒▒▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒       ░▒▓███████▓▒░   
 █                                               ░▒▒▓▓██████████▓▒░░░▒▓██████▓█
 █▒  ▒▓▓▒░▒▓█▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░░                                    ░▒▓▓████████▓▓▒░   ▒█
 ░█ ▒████▓  ▒▒░▒▒▓▓▓▓██████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░                            ░▒      ░▓██ 
  ▒███▒▓▓██  ░              ▒░░█████▓▓▓▓██▓▓▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░░          ░░ ▓██████▓▓▒
    ▓█▓▓▒▓█▓ ▒              ▒▒▓███  ███████████▓▓█▓░░▒▒░░░  ▓███████▓████████ ▓█
     ░█  ▓██▓▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓████████▓░   ████▒▒▓▓▓▓██████      ░ ████████▒█████▓▒  ▒█
      ▓▓▓▓████▓▒░░                ▒███ ░███▓█▓▓████░    ▓ ████████▓▓█▓▒    ▓▓▓ 
      ░▓█████▓▒▓██████▓▒░         ▒██▓ ██▒  ██▓▓████    ▒  ░            ▒██▒   
        ░▒         ░▒▓█████████▓▒  ██▒ █▓    ██▒█████    ▒▒▒░░░▒░░░█▓▒▓██▓     
                          ░▒▓█████████ ██    ▓█▒█████▓             ░▓██▓       
                                  ░▒▓█▓ ██ ░▒██░██████▓  ▒▒▒░   ▒▓███▒         
                                      █▓▒▓████░▓████▓ ▓▓▓██████████░           
                                       ▓█▓▓▓▓▓█████▓          ░▒▒               
                                         ▒▓▓██▓▒░                               

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ███████████▀     ██ ██
██ ██████████▌   ▄▄▄██ ██
██ ██████████   ██████ ██
██ ███████          ██ ██
██ ███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄██ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
|
Whitepaper
Ann Thread
Bounty Thread
kraterion

Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:18:48 AM

Dealying a roadmap alway cause people to call that project a scam and spread false information even if that project is not a scam in anyway. So I agree with you, it's better safe then sorry

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:24:52 AM

I agree, a realistic and dedicated plan is always better than a some sort of dream, delay on the roadmap or project could cause project losing trust in investors, so its better be safe than sorry.

It's not too long to have a public release in a year. if anything, that's an aggressive timeline.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
loup

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:34:05 AM

The roadmap sounds good to me.I would even say that the deadlines are too short. Sometimes it's better to take more time to finish the things well than to rush them out.
oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:37:06 AM

Dealying a roadmap alway cause people to call that project a scam and spread false information even if that project is not a scam in anyway. So I agree with you, it's better safe then sorry

In some cases, it is not really as easy as flipping a book. Developing a project needs time and when the team deliver a half baked product, most people will always be skeptical about it. In the end you cant really satisfy everyone but team can always make a pool to the community to know whats their opinion about delaying it abit
BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:43:16 AM

In my opinion claim to release a beta in months is always a lie, unless you have a working closed beta build right now. If you don't even have an alpha build, no way you can deliver an open beta in two months, not even a chance
Well why you so think? As is well-known in this market of cryptocurrencies there is nothing impossible and it is possible to make everything that you will only want. They can be in time if they are robots and 24 hours a day without dream and food will work.  Smiley
Altcoinrusher

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:47:12 AM

In some cases, it is not really as easy as flipping a book. Developing a project needs time and when the team deliver a half baked product, most people will always be skeptical about it. In the end you cant really satisfy everyone but team can always make a pool to the community to know whats their opinion about delaying it abit

I guess if the project is opensourced, then the community could check its code  on Github for its development activity.
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:11:31 AM

I guess if the project is opensourced, then the community could check its code  on Github for its development activity.

That sounds like a reasonable idea. It would also help the ICO I guess since in this bear market people don't like to invest in whitepapers only.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: