Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:03:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ALAX - The Blockchain Game Platform for Emerging Markets  (Read 75304 times)
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:43:06 AM

The one pegged to fiat it's very useful because gamers will understand it easely. The one that it will be traded on exchanges it will be just a speculative token in my opinion, I'll be happy if I'm wrong about that

I'd say it depends. If there will be many crypto users who are into games and who use the platform, then ALX doesn't have to be only speculative.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Notin2

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 09:44:31 AM

I like this business model of ALAX project, the gaming industry is already buzzing with different kind of blockchain powered project, some with great potentials from initials others will need more time,
But ALAX in the other hand has made a very smart decision by partnering with two other great project already making waves, Dragonfly already has millions of supporters in their Network and Decent is a solid blockchain project on its own part, i think this is more like having the best of both world, This is making things easy for Gamers atleast for those that can't use fiat for payment directly, Great job team, this will really fly i can tell.
Fermin AK

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

Presale is live!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:19:14 AM

The one pegged to fiat it's very useful because gamers will understand it easely. The one that it will be traded on exchanges it will be just a speculative token in my opinion, I'll be happy if I'm wrong about that

I'd say it depends. If there will be many crypto users who are into games and who use the platform, then ALX doesn't have to be only speculative.
The ALX token is going to give a 20% discount when buying ALA, apart from that I don't know if it has any othe utility.

batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:32:44 AM

The ALX token is going to give a 20% discount when buying ALA, apart from that I don't know if it has any othe utility.

If the number of users who will use the platform is people who got interested with crypto then ALX will be profitable otherwise only the platform will get the benefit when most users prefer to use ALA.
ALAX_io (OP)

Activity: 583
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:40:24 AM

That is clear the functionalities areas of both types of tokens. ALX is pegged to fiat and will be accessible directly on exchanges. Whereas other which is called ALA is designed to be used for content purchasing. What other way will be to get ALA except buying it with ALX with 20% discount ? Will this also be purchasable even without need of ALX ?

People can buy ALA with fiat as well as I understand, but without discounts. And ALA will not be trading on exchanges?

HOw can you buy with fiat? Wiretransfer? CC?

People will be able to buy ALA credit in stores as they buy credit for their mobile phones. We have already signed an LOI with Utoo in Indonesia and Malaysia.

Do you plan to partner with Paysafecard? Really popular here in Europe. I personally know several people who dont use PP or other services in favor of Paysafecard

We are focusing on the emerging markets first since there is a lot of unbanked customers, which is not the case in Europe. The operators have a monopoly there and can charge really huge fees - this is the best environment for us since there will be a high motivation to switch to ALAX.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:46:07 AM

That is clear the functionalities areas of both types of tokens. ALX is pegged to fiat and will be accessible directly on exchanges. Whereas other which is called ALA is designed to be used for content purchasing. What other way will be to get ALA except buying it with ALX with 20% discount ? Will this also be purchasable even without need of ALX ?

People can buy ALA with fiat as well as I understand, but without discounts. And ALA will not be trading on exchanges?

That's right. You can buy ALA for cash in special shops partners, there won't be discounts since you buy it with cash and it won't be traded on exchanges.

People can buy ALA for ALX on their site directly? And how about buying ALX on their site as well and than change to ALA?

This should be possible as well. They've already stated that you can buy ALX for FIAT directly on their site

yes, but what about ALX? If people should go to exchanges for buying ALX and than buy ALA, its would not be conveniently. And they will buy for fiat only.
With ALX to ALA you will get 20% bonus in comparison with just purchasing it for FIAT. You will be able to buy ALX only on exchanges for crypto and only ALA will be buyable for FIAT (or in exchange for ALX).

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:49:01 AM

That's right. You can buy ALA for cash in special shops partners, there won't be discounts since you buy it with cash and it won't be traded on exchanges.

People can buy ALA for ALX on their site directly? And how about buying ALX on their site as well and than change to ALA?

This should be possible as well. They've already stated that you can buy ALX for FIAT directly on their site

yes, but what about ALX? If people should go to exchanges for buying ALX and than buy ALA, its would not be conveniently. And they will buy for fiat only.
This is what they want from us, and I do not personally see the full advantage of two-token system yet, only inconveniences.
only once the system will be activated and when the two tokens will be used we will see if it is a convenient system or not, however i believe that a token utility is necessary to buy the items in the various videogames...
Two different tokens can cause confusion, I hope it will be easy for everyone to understand this system. As far as I know gamers do not like to read much, it's better for them when everything is as simple as possible.

We should have an explaining video released before the TGE where we will explain both tokens and how they will work and how you will be able to get them  Wink

Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

People will be able to buy ALA credit in stores as they buy credit for their mobile phones. We have already signed an LOI with Utoo in Indonesia and Malaysia.

Do you plan to partner with Paysafecard? Really popular here in Europe. I personally know several people who dont use PP or other services in favor of Paysafecard

We are focusing on the emerging markets first since there is a lot of unbanked customers, which is not the case in Europe. The operators have a monopoly there and can charge really huge fees - this is the best environment for us since there will be a high motivation to switch to ALAX.
But what is the difference for the unbanked customers? If they only can pay with the operators, how can they buy BTC, ETH or ALAX?
And if they have another possibility to buy BTC, ETH or ALAX, they also could buy ALA in this way?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:18:24 AM

There are a billion gaming tokens. What makes Alax stand out from those others? Besides being on the Decent platform... I wonder if that's a positive or negative.

There are two things - one is that there are two companies -  DECENT and Dragonfly - that are already established. DECENT spent a lot of time developing its blockchain and Dragonfly its more than 100 million active users. By making a joint venture there is a huge time-saving effect since we do not need to create a whole new blockchain or marketing the product to new users. We will already have users from day one.
The second thing is the system of two tokens. It maybe looks complicated and unnecessary at first but when you will think about it, you realize how it is important for the future success of the project. Many projects have only one volatile token and you have to buy it on crypto exchange and this is something what will ordinary non-crypto people never do. They just want to buy games. They don't want to get bothered by some bitcoin, private key, and exchange and transfer fees. They would never go this way. and won't force them. They will be always able to buy their ALA tokens in brick stores or from the people who are interested in crypto and will sell ALA to them. If you want to disrupt the market you cannot force your customers to make radical changes in their lives. You have to change to meet their demands - and that is what we do by having two tokens.
The idea of course is very interesting, but I did not understand about the second coin. may need to try it once or watch some sort of video presentation.

Yes, there will be a short video presentation and explanation of this two coins system - we should release the explainer video before the TGE  Wink

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:20:29 AM

But what is the difference for the unbanked customers? If they only can pay with the operators, how can they buy BTC, ETH or ALAX?
And if they have another possibility to buy BTC, ETH or ALAX, they also could buy ALA in this way?

The difference is in lower prices for the games and apps. They will be able to buy ALA directly in brick stores as they are buying credit for their phones now.

niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:23:15 AM

The difference is in lower prices for the games and apps. They will be able to buy ALA directly in brick stores as they are buying credit for their phones now.

Do you have partnerships for distributing the pay cards?
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:28:55 AM

Interesting fact. So for the people who are comfortable with buying on exchanges, they can save additional money when they buy games on the platform.
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 11:29:30 AM

If the number of users who will use the platform is people who got interested with crypto then ALX will be profitable otherwise only the platform will get the benefit when most users prefer to use ALA.

Yes it is the importance of this project i'm backing from day one.

If they get success, they can bring new people to crypto.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:06:18 PM

Do you have any questions you would like to ask about ALAX? You can now get the answers right from one of our co-founders - Matej Michalko! We will hold an AMA video session on Wednesday. You can submit your questions in the form of a direct message here on Bitcointalk forum.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:09:47 PM

then the  tokens will have different functions will be tradable on the exchange and also will be an internal utility token...

How it will be calculate ALA price in fiat even if ethereum price going down. Mostly all ICO have related price to eth or btc.

ALA prices will be pegged to FIAT and only ALX will be tradable on exchanges with the key that if you will change ALX to ALA you will get the ALX price in FIAT plus 20% in ALA. But you cannot exchange ALA to FIAT. You can sell it to someone who wants to buy games and apps or buy them by yourself.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to also trade ALA vs fiat? For example if an exchange provides a trading pair for that? Or can ALA not leave the system?

There are only three ways how to trade ALA for FIAT. First - you are a developer - in this case, you can exchange it for FIAT directly with us. Second - you are a official seller or ALA token with a contract with us. Third - you are selling ALA to end customers at your own risk. Otherwise, there would be a huge window for speculation with ALX to ALA 20% bonus.

ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:14:15 PM

Do you have partnerships for distributing the pay cards?

Yes. We already have signed LOI with Utoo in Malaysia and Indonesia. There are much more companies we are in talks with or we have some kind of deal but we cannot be more specific until they allow us to go public with this info.

king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:15:20 PM

Interesting fact. So for the people who are comfortable with buying on exchanges, they can save additional money when they buy games on the platform.

20% is a huge discount so I imagine most people will use this opportunity.
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:18:04 PM

It is less than 14 days before the token generation event starts and I'm feeling this token sale would have a very good turn out considering the project's composition which is quite satisfactory. Imho. Smiley
ALAX_io (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:22:30 PM

is ALAX doing ICO with fix ETH cost to save all investors from volatile price currently?

Yes. ETH price is fixed - 1 ETH = 10 000 ALX. Price of other tokens and coins will be fixed based on the 24 hr average of exchange rates with ETH before the start of the TGE.

omwibya

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:49:13 PM

is ALAX doing ICO with fix ETH cost to save all investors from volatile price currently?

Yes. ETH price is fixed - 1 ETH = 10 000 ALX. Price of other tokens and coins will be fixed based on the 24 hr average of exchange rates with ETH before the start of the TGE.

cool, that's not a bad price guys. hopefully it will go up immediately after the sale.

⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●     Uchit - The Hub of Communication and Collaboration based on Blockchain Technology.     ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
⧱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬      Whitepaper     Facebook     Twitter     Telegram       ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧱
PRE-ICO | 1st April 2018
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: