Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:38:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 93 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAKE ICOs Bounties. What to do?  (Read 6400 times)
Visin

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:02:57 PM

You should verify the Whitepaper at first and verify the project of them. Also you can talk with the founders (you can use the linkedin for exemple).

I agree with you that verification and talking with the founders and also the people behind the project is necessity before joining in their project. It's a big frustration on the part of the investors and participants if the project is scam.  spread out the news if you are so sure about fake projects.
I agree, a scam project is boring. I have nothing in my Bitcoin wallet to deposit to projects that may or may not work lol.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:09:54 PM

Unfortunately there is no way to check if the bounty campaign will turn out as a scam in the end. I've participated on two signature bounties and the project was paused in the middle of the marketing campaign. Just imagine your effort on promoting the project across all channels without getting any stake in the end. But I guess it is one downside of being a bounty participant, in life there is no such thing as permanent and everything will come to an end, just keep being hopeful that an ICO project will end as good as it started.
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:20:59 PM

I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?
FUD’s/gossips are usually made against ICO’s by some competitors. A strategy that usually works. Some projects would make some stories so that they could get a secured spot in the market. Sad, but true. There are scam projects, but I beliebe there are even more legit ones. Which is why investors and bounty hunters must be on their toes so to avoid these scammers. As for your concern, if the campaign period is over and you have invested your time, there’s really nothing much you can do but to move on. That’s how it works. If it is still on going, make an assessment. Figure out if the bounty you joined is a scam. Coz accusations may also be false.

LainL1

Activity: 69
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:28:47 PM

if it is true that you follow the ICO scam, you should immediately leave the ICO, look for another new ICO that looks better. try looking bounty with a manager who has a high rank.
pugi2

Activity: 286
Merit: 31

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:32:31 PM

If you're involved in these fake bounty threads, you don't have any way to get anything.
You can choose an excellent bounty manager, which generally does not happen, and avoid the level of the bounty manager only  JR member and member.

Jr. Member or Member bounty manager does not explain that the project scam mate.
The team of the project consider to scam or not because they will bring your money far away if they are scammers.
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:33:16 PM

The best you can do is just stay away of the fake ICO.
How do you do it?
Search the ICO before you participate.
Search it like you are going to invest in it and if you don't think it is worth investing, don't participate in the bounty campaign.

DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:39:14 PM

To avoid fake ICOs bounties, research and checkout out ICO  review about the project,social media platform can also help out in your review.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:46:35 PM

I am a newbie just trying to grow on this platform. Within a week of participating in altcoin bounties, 2 bounties I participated in have been reported as Scammers. I get a lot of reads on my articles and Social media pages. I cannot keep encouraging people to invest in these altcoins if they would eventually get scammed. How can new bounty hunters like myself differentiate between a genuine bounty and scammers bounty?
Fake or scam ICOs dont only affect future projects that would want to join the token sale market they also ruin your online reputation as advertising these on your Social media pages will result in people discrediting your work as you kind of vouch for these projects by encouraging people to invest in these altcoin(ICOs), only way to fix this is not to participate in all projects.
yepaiyique2

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:42:35 AM

The value of the ICO project depends on the supply and demand, and more and more people accept the system, and the value of the token increases accordingly. In the judgment of denying the purchase of tokens, the products and services that tokens can exchange should be considered.

If the ico project is successful, the reward can be paid on time!
ChrishAi28

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:17:37 AM

I usually join bounties that are managed by trusted campaign managers, such as higher ranks and has a trust from a trusted members.
That is also what i did. Joining bounties that are manage by best and trusted campaign managers, and also i consider the rank of the campaign manager, when it is newbie, jr member and member i ignore it. I prefer sr member and above and have trust.

litongormhel

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 02:24:46 AM

How do we know if bounties are a scam?
Balab01

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

B пoиcкe

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:10:16 PM

If you think your bounty is scam then leave it as soon as possible. Ive experienced kind of that I participated until the end but the ending is still waiting and i informed that they scam the money of people. Think twice before you join make some research about a bounty if it is fake or legitimate. Be aware
I agree that if you are not completely sure, then do not participate. In general, learn to understand the characteristics of the project

*** Paбiв дo paю нe пycкaють! ***
reality18

Activity: 938
Merit: 14

Earn more with Earn Network

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:30:45 PM
Merited by sieemma (5)

A 100% strategy to check for a scam ICO is not available, however, you can do some few checks to ascertain a level of authenticity of the project. It requires an in-depth research on the project. First of all, you can check the status of the person running the bounty to have a clue. Also, you can read wide about the credentials of the team managers and advisors of the project. Look out for renowned personalities with experience. I believe with this few checks, you can gain a certain level of confidence in whatever project you venture.
Samkol26

Activity: 532

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 06:35:33 PM

To prevent joining fake bounties I join bounties from trusted managers like @colorlessk..  He's fast with payments and they are easy tasks..  He even created a easy to join bounty platform..  You can join here https://bountyhive.io/r/Samkol

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:14:46 PM

It happens and it is really disappointed that people scam,So should be careful to choose the bounty ICO. Before being part of ICO must read whitepaper,and look upon team behind because behind successful ICO is competitive team.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Benedict Lee

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:16:49 PM

Just do some research on the core team behind the project. Find out if the team members actually exist.
Also, you should search social media sites is a good place to start but perhaps more important is establishing if the individual in question is involved with any other projects or discussions related to the project’s development. If the person presented to the public seems too generic, their profiles have little social activity or if their association with the project is unclear then this should arouse suspicion.
yunuzov

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:39:59 PM

It requires experience to find good bounty campaigns or icos so it’s normal for you to not find good ones yet since you are new. There are many new projects popping out and all of them can’t be great. You need to analyze the project well before participating in to avoid scams.

orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:53:47 PM

I guess that you should learn how to analyse a business, if not you are just basically promoting projects that you don´t understand and that make YOU a scam.
LUCKY21

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 12:56:43 PM

Before participating in the bounty of any ICO company, you need to first analyze this ICO. Only this way you can understand: a good company or scammers. Experience comes with time and work.
aceat64

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 02:29:49 PM

I'm starting to lose patience because there are more and more scams, but there are no ways to fight it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 93 »
  Print  

Jump to: