Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:25:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAILED]Butterfly Labs 30 day countdown to the end of September  (Read 69431 times)
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:13:41 PM

According to all of you they are a long con, out to fleece us all and run with the money.

What do you call lying every step of the way?

Buy & Hold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:17:31 PM

According to all of you they are a long con, out to fleece us all and run with the money.

What do you call lying every step of the way?
You have proof it was outright lying and not a relay of information passed to them from their suppliers?  If so, please contact the lawyers of all the sewers wanting to damage BFL, otherwise, join the clueless rant club.  Thanks for playing.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:17:54 PM

I'm sorry, I'm still laughing over your comment the other day about some kind of $35k loss.  Want to rant that one by me again?

Spoken like a true protege of Jody, Josh and Sonny.

Not sure what more you want me to say. I'm over it and have moved on. The fact that you're raising it again is making you look immature and petty.

Hey, at least I got a refund, right ? Others are wishing they could say the same thing.

bcp19

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:21:18 PM

I'm sorry, I'm still laughing over your comment the other day about some kind of $35k loss.  Want to rant that one by me again?

Spoken like a true protege of Jody, Josh and Sonny.

Not sure what more you want me to say. I'm over it and have moved on. The fact that you're raising it again is making you look immature and petty.

Hey, at least I got a refund, right ? Others are wishing they could say the same thing.

No, you're not over it.  Your 40 point *I* the other day proved that along with your 35K loss rant.  You're still pissed cause you poked the bear and it ignored you, yet you poked it 40 more times while it ignored you, then you hit the bear over the head and got your ass handed to you.  I spent the weekend reading through everything you wrote on this forum up until you got your refund.  You deserved exactly what you got, and you're butthurt over it.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:25:21 PM

@ bcp19

Scenario,

You just blew your two front tires on the road. Lucky for you, there a tire station at the end of the road called ADL.

You hobble in with two front tires burst out. You walk up to the repair shop and tell them you need to replace two tires. The mechanic tells you that it will be 200 USD. You pay the man.

You wait patiently until the man gets around to your vehicle. He informs you after looking at it, that you indeed have two bad tires and they will need to be fully replaced. He informs you after the fact of making payment that no refunds will be given out after work has started. He pulls both rims off your vehicle and informs you that you'll need to wait.

This ordeal started at around 9am on a thursday morning. It is now 5pm. Tell me how do you feel right now?

You keep pacing back and forth and want to talk to the mechanic, the woman at the front desk fields all your questions but doesn't allow you to talk to the mechanic directly. She takes an hour between each response.

Question:

How do you feel about this?

You cannot leave the shop because you are missing two front rims, there is a delay and the work isn't being performed in a reasonable period of time.

Question:

How long is the appropriate time to wait when you aren't given an option to do anything about it?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:35:44 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2013, 10:28:12 PM by Xian01

No, you're not over it.  Your 40 point *I* the other day proved that along with your 35K loss rant.  You're still pissed cause you poked the bear and it ignored you, yet you poked it 40 more times while it ignored you, then you hit the bear over the head and got your ass handed to you.  I spent the weekend reading through everything you wrote on this forum up until you got your refund.  You deserved exactly what you got, and you're butthurt over it.

Correction. I *WAS* butt-hurt at the time. Who wouldn't be after waiting for a product to ship for over 10 months after one-broken-promise after another, and the hostility of their COO towards this community ? I'm only human.

You shit on any community or hobby I have an affinity towards, and I'm going to defend it.

Dealing with lawyers, attorney generals, postmasters, probation officers, and other consumer protection agencies gave me all the closure I needed to move on with my life and put my horrible consumer experience with Butterfly Labs into my rear-view mirror.

A theoretical $35k loss is academic. As the old gambers adage goes "Don't gamble it if you can't afford to lose it."

Bitfury and Buzzdave have been a pleasure to deal with.

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:37:31 PM

How long is the appropriate time to wait when you aren't given an option to do anything about it?

Two WeeksTM? Undecided

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:39:55 PM

No, you're not over it.  Your 40 point *I* the other day proved that along with your 35K loss rant.  You're still pissed cause you poked the bear and it ignored you, yet you poked it 40 more times while it ignored you, then you hit the bear over the head and got your ass handed to you.  I spent the weekend reading through everything you wrote on this forum up until you got your refund.  You deserved exactly what you got, and you're butthurt over it.

Correction. I *WAS* butt-hurt at the time. Who wouldn't be after waiting for a product to ship for over 10 months after one-broken-promise after another, and the hostility of their COO towards this community ? I'm only human.

You shit on any community or hobby I have an affinity towards, and I'm going to defend it.

Dealing with lawyers, attorney generals, postmasters, probation officers, and other consumer protection agencies gave me all the closure I needed to move on with my life and put my horrible consumer experience with Butterfly Labs into my rear-view mirror.

A theoretical $35k loss is academic. As the old gambers adage goes "Don't gamble it if you can't afford to lose it."

Bitfury and Buzzdave have been a pleasure to deal with.

I can attest that through his entire experience and speaking to many different people involved in the matter, he has actually gotten over it.

I am pretty sure there was a sour taste left behind, but this Xian is no longer the cheetah he once was. He has moved on to greener pastures with rabbits/BitCoins that are easier to catch. (Reliable companies, promises kept, technology that actually works as it should, etc)
Syke
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:42:23 PM

You have proof it was outright lying and not a relay of information passed to them from their suppliers? 

Sure, dozens of quotes. Here's the latest:

http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/
Tape out August 2013

When they posted it, it may not have been an intentional lie (I suspect it was, but I can't prove that). But now that we're into the 2nd week of September they leave it there hoping to deceive customers into thinking they're making better progress than they are. So now it's simply a lie.

Buy & Hold
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 04:57:46 PM

I spent the weekend reading through everything you wrote on this forum up until you got your refund.  
If one is not a sock puppet needing to remember the official story line, what kind of loser dedicates a weekend to digging around the circumstances of a message board foe?

THAT kind. The BFL twink.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:18:13 PM

You have proof it was outright lying and not a relay of information passed to them from their suppliers? 

Sure, dozens of quotes. Here's the latest:

http://www.butterflylabs.com/monarch/
Tape out August 2013

When they posted it, it may not have been an intentional lie (I suspect it was, but I can't prove that). But now that we're into the 2nd week of September they leave it there hoping to deceive customers into thinking they're making better progress than they are. So now it's simply a lie.

Lying by omission is lying by either omitting certain facts or by failing to correct a misconception. It could be a situation in which a misconception exists that the claimant is aware of but fails to correct.

Any good company (not BFL) when they knew that something they had said in the past will turn out not to come to fruition in the time frame that they hoped, they should say so. For example, today BFL probably knows it won't get all orders up until 7/7/2013 out the door by the end of September, so they should probably say something.

Lies of omission are still lies and BFL has had a bunch,
and although people will say that Josh used his weasel words like "we hope" "No guarantees" "Doing our best" etc etc.
The fact remains that the second he knows he is going to break a promise or not deliver on a statement, whether he said "we hope" or "we will" he should tell the customers so.

If his vendors screwed him over, there should be a post that says "Sorry my vendor has screwed me and here is why..."

But he doesn't and maybe he shouldn't the first time, or the second time, but we are on the 4th or 5th time.

and BCP19 (stands for Butterflylabs Corporate Puppet)  keep taking their side, I only replied because your quote appeared in someone elses message, otherwise your side of the story is always going to be:

"This user is currently ignored"

Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:28:30 PM

Wish I had BFL as a whole company on ignore. I'd be thousands of $$$ richer for it.
bcp19

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:33:10 PM

@ bcp19

Scenario,

You just blew your two front tires on the road. Lucky for you, there a tire station at the end of the road called ADL.

You hobble in with two front tires burst out. You walk up to the repair shop and tell them you need to replace two tires. The mechanic tells you that it will be 200 USD. You pay the man.

You wait patiently until the man gets around to your vehicle. He informs you after looking at it, that you indeed have two bad tires and they will need to be fully replaced. He informs you after the fact of making payment that no refunds will be given out after work has started. He pulls both rims off your vehicle and informs you that you'll need to wait.

This ordeal started at around 9am on a thursday morning. It is now 5pm. Tell me how do you feel right now?

You keep pacing back and forth and want to talk to the mechanic, the woman at the front desk fields all your questions but doesn't allow you to talk to the mechanic directly. She takes an hour between each response.

Question:

How do you feel about this?

You cannot leave the shop because you are missing two front rims, there is a delay and the work isn't being performed in a reasonable period of time.

Question:

You really picked the wrong scenario, I've been through it before in many different areas.  I had a car that needed repairs, I took it into the shop and they gave me a price, I told them I'd be out of town for 2 weeks but would have the money to pay for it upon my return.  When I got back they had not even started on the repairs as the gentleman misunderstood what I said and thought I was trying to come up with the money and not to start until I had it.  I'd already had to pay $750 for the parts they had ordered to do the repairs, so I had to either wait or pay someone to tow my car and the parts elsewhere and wait even more.

Another time I had taken my dad to get his glasses replaced as they broke during a trip out to California.  We went to the 1 hour place(Lenscrafter) to get him taken care of.  He has a trifocal lens set-up and after having gotten an exam and waiting the hour we find out the glass has broken as they were shaping it and they had to start again.  Another hour and another broken lens.  7 trips back and 6 broken lenses later we were on our way, having wasted a full day on a 1 hour Vision store.

You're also forgetting that I worked with electronics for 20 years in the Navy, 3 of which was with an R&D squadron.  I have far more knowledge of the things that can go wrong in dealing with new electronics than 90% of the people on this forum.  On top of that, if you think BFL has poor supply lines, you never want to deal with what the Navy does.  Imagine waiting 6 months for a part to arrive and on the day it does this plane flies in from god knows where and when the pilot gets out he goes to the supply officer and says "I understand you just got XXX in, here's a requisition for it, we've got a greater need than you" and now you're waiting yet again for a part.

I've had 3rd gear in my car weld itself to the spline while driving across the middle of Nevada and had to sit at a motel for over two weeks waiting for them to get a replacement shipped in that "will be here tomorrow or the next day".

There's an old adage... Violence is the first refuge of the incompetant.  If we replace Violence with Trolling it fits perfectly in this forum.  EVERY SINGLE PERSON who had pre-ordered from BFL had the option to bail the beginning of May.  What's changed between May and Now?  Profitability.  Your money making machine is becoming worthless (and would have been worthless 10 months ago if it had shipped on time), not NOW your eyes are open and you can SEE the value disappearing before your eyes and NOW is the time to scream refund.

*I* did not order a money making machine, I ordered a piece of electronics to replace what I am currently using.  *I* researched the company, I read countless troll threads, I sifted through all the FPGA and ASIC ups and downs and *I* placed my order knowing full well the outcome.

It matters not now what I say any longer... the only replies I will get will be "TL;DR" or a 4 word snippet to obscure what I've said and make it into something else.

Syke
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 05:56:14 PM

"TL;DR" It's ok if BFL lies because some other people in the world lie too.

Buy & Hold
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 06:13:09 PM

Since somewhere in the world, right this second, someone is committing a heinous murder, I should be allowed to locate the nearest politician and...

TLS freedom

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 10:21:30 PM

Get a refund before they run out of money lol... Oct 1st is going to come and go, they won't even be to Jan 1st 2013 on singles by then. Their 65nm line is no longer profitable in 2 months meaning you wont even pay it back even at the $1300 original price point. RUN! for the door.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 09, 2013, 11:47:20 PM

ACtually "Two More weeks" TM & all of their products wont be profitable *

They will have hit the point of no return **

* FOr those that say BTC will rise is a fools paradise ..Its the same as saying I will pay my rent with the LOTTO winnings

** ALso they will oifficially be insolvent to all of there customers "INVESTMENT" and I am sure that in "Two Weeks " TM that some type of fraud/criminal law will have been broken

OBJECT NOT FOUND
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 12:43:24 AM

Mondays Shipping Predictions based on BFLs lack of enthusiasm last night:

Jalapenos 4.5 and 5 gh/s: Feb 12-14, 2013 no Jallys shipped today

Little Singles 30 and 25 gh/s: Nov. 6, 2012

Singles 60 and 50 gh/s: Aug 11, 2012 pay date

MiniRigs: June 24 orders (3rd 500gh/s unit), July 2 orders 2nd 500 gh/s
August 2 for 1st 500 g/s units

(Going out on a limb for the extra day of Mini-Rig Movement)

Remember they work on weekends so Mondays numbers should be twice Fridays because they roll up Monday and Saturday together.

I still think they will only show an equivalent of what they did any single day last week

Changes are in BOLD

Timer removed. End time: 2013-09-30+23:59:59UTC
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:26:14 AM

Actuals for Monday:

Jalapenos 4.5 and 5 gh/s: Feb 12-14, 2013 no Jallys shipped today   <<< Nailed it

Little Singles 30 and 25 gh/s: Nov. 6, 2012 no LS shipped today  <<< Nailed it

Singles 60 and 50 gh/s: Aug 16, 2012 pay date  <<< Nine days (better than 4)

MiniRigs: June 23 orders (3rd 500gh/s unit), July 15 orders 2nd 500 gh/s   <<< Pretty Significant
August 5 for 1st 500 g/s units

If you assume they rolled Saturday in, then singles are moving at 4.5 order dates per day (6 days a week)

That is about a month a week. They need 11 weeks to clear Singles at this rate.

They have 18 work days left this month.

Tomorrow they need to clear 1.6 MONTHS of Singles. TOMORROW and every day.

DrJoeGrine

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 03:29:28 AM

SHOUTBOX after Monday Update.

[09:51 PM]   silicon_navajo : kidding of course
[09:51 PM]   silicon_navajo : thanks for the update
[09:52 PM]   Vlad2Vlad : Jody, I woud like my refund on 2 Little singles I bought in June 2013.
[09:52 PM]   Vlad2Vlad : I sent an email a week ago and heard nothing back.
[09:53 PM]   BFL_Jody : Vlad, you would hate us when BTC goes up if we gave you a refund

[09:53 PM]   Vlad2Vlad : No, I'm sorry but you guys won't ship those until next year. I can get a KNC miner for 3 times the hashing power much sooner.
[09:53 PM]   int03h : but then if it goes down and you dont he w

Inputs.io - 82,000 BTC transferred and counting
If I was helpful please donate to a good cause: 1JEFaauDc7dWGFuuWAWpweJfSjhxdwmD44
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: