Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:50:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAILED]Butterfly Labs 30 day countdown to the end of September  (Read 69431 times)
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:52:27 PM

With 5 days left looks like all predictions still good, no surge of orders shipped.

Same slow pace.

Jalapenos:  2/28/2013  (Looks like they outsourced to some real sloooow starters)  (miss by 61 days)

Little Singles: 12/6/2012  (Must have ran out of parts..........again)  (miss by 145 days)

Singles: 2/21/2013  (I was close on this one) (miss by 68 days)

MiniRig: 7/18/2012  (Also close on this one)  (miss by 286 days)

Timer removed. End time: 2013-10-01+05:00:59UTC

##*##
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 05:55:40 PM

Dance little monkeys, dance!

Has anyone ever told you you should probably just shut up and delete your account?

Networth to humanity -1000

Heyhey,

just to clarify: Is Inaba (the Dance Monkey Guy) really someone from BFL? Or just some Troll?

I love how Josh tries to be all superior and in a few days he has a new name "The Dance Monkey Guy"

Things just work out sometimes!!

HEHEHE
LostDutchman

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 06:07:48 PM

Has anyone ever told you you should probably just shut up and delete your account?

Networth to humanity -1000

Heyhey,

just to clarify: Is Inaba (the Dance Monkey Guy) really someone from BFL? Or just some Troll?

I love how Josh tries to be all superior and in a few days he has a new name "The Dance Monkey Guy"

Things just work out sometimes!!

HEHEHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaB7BQ6PlHs

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
ionstorm

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 06:37:27 PM

any idea if I can force BFL into refunding my Bitcoin purchased orders?  Bitcoin is money, and they should also be refunding the Bitcoin amount in my opinion.  Anyone got any good advice on how to proceed?  I want this company out of my life.  If I have to I'll sue them, but any other tips would be appreciated.
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 07:16:13 PM

any idea if I can force BFL into refunding my Bitcoin purchased orders?  Bitcoin is money, and they should also be refunding the Bitcoin amount in my opinion.  Anyone got any good advice on how to proceed?  I want this company out of my life.  If I have to I'll sue them, but any other tips would be appreciated.

No way Jose,

If you buy stuff priced in EU on Amazon EU, you can pay USD equivalent after exchanged but you will never have a refund of the same USD amount. Your refund will be USD equivalent of the exact EU price after the current exchange rate.

Got that?

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 09:58:54 PM

any idea if I can force BFL into refunding my Bitcoin purchased orders?  Bitcoin is money, and they should also be refunding the Bitcoin amount in my opinion.  Anyone got any good advice on how to proceed?  I want this company out of my life.  If I have to I'll sue them, but any other tips would be appreciated.

No way Jose,

If you buy stuff priced in EU on Amazon EU, you can pay USD equivalent after exchanged but you will never have a refund of the same USD amount. Your refund will be USD equivalent of the exact EU price after the current exchange rate.

Got that?

It appears as though PayPal has a different policy and that they use conversion rate at time of purchase, so there is precedent for this type of refund.

Paypal currency conversion policy:
https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=rV0JKsnTq3Z197277Pg2sQ4mJ1HJWQ5xpxnJnzGxvW9J1FhW03yL!-1588418?t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps&solutionId=163394&locale=en_GB&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=GB&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9012
Refunds are performed using the exchange rate which was current at the time of the original payment.

Got that?
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 10:23:44 PM

No way Jose,

Got that?

It appears as though PayPal has a different policy and that they use conversion rate at time of purchase, so there is precedent for this type of refund.

Paypal currency conversion policy:
https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=rV0JKsnTq3Z197277Pg2sQ4mJ1HJWQ5xpxnJnzGxvW9J1FhW03yL!-1588418?t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps&solutionId=163394&locale=en_GB&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=GB&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9012
Refunds are performed using the exchange rate which was current at the time of the original payment.

Got that?

Amazon separates the exchange from the transaction. So if you want to buy something in EUR, first Amazon will change your USD into EUR and then you have EUR. Thus, if you get a refund, you will be refunded in EUR. If the seller was in Europe but accepted USD on Amazon, they could not refund you Euros just because they changed all their dollars into Euros. They would have to refund you in USD.

Ebay/Paypal bundles the exchange with the transaction. So if the transaction is reversed, the customer gets back exactly the USD they spent and the seller bears the exchange rate risk. That is one of the reasons why Ebay will not let you list items that cannot be delivered within 30 days.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
fumble

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 11:06:27 PM

I found that racist, offensive and unprofessional.  This is what BFL stands for?

An image of a monkey is "racist"?

WOO HOO!

Wink

Image? No.  Calling someone a monkey and demanding they dance if they are from Africa?  Yes.
My wife is African.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 12:16:30 AM

I found that racist, offensive and unprofessional.  This is what BFL stands for?

An image of a monkey is "racist"?

WOO HOO!

Wink

Image? No.  Calling someone a monkey and demanding they dance if they are from Africa?  Yes.
My wife is African.

I guess I missed that part, so don't think I'm defending racism; I just think that the term is so often misapplied and is so over-used as to have nearly lost any real meaning.

I dunno.

To give you an idea of the foundation of my thinking on this matter, my friend Yolande, who is a seriously Caucasian woman from South Africa, now a naturalised USA citizen delights in describing herself on forms and applications as an "African American".

She certainly has more claim to the term than most and it drives the bureaucrats crazy.

I dunno.

My $.02.

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
BKM

Activity: 315

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:53:34 AM

any idea if I can force BFL into refunding my Bitcoin purchased orders?  Bitcoin is money, and they should also be refunding the Bitcoin amount in my opinion.  Anyone got any good advice on how to proceed?  I want this company out of my life.  If I have to I'll sue them, but any other tips would be appreciated.

The only possible means by which you could do so would be as a result of a successful legal action. And, the refund would be in US legal tender. You would not experience a XBT USD exchange rate benefit as a result
androsyn

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 06:45:25 AM

The only possible means by which you could do so would be as a result of a successful legal action. And, the refund would be in US legal tender. You would not experience a XBT USD exchange rate benefit as a result

You will want to contact the Johnson County District Attorney in Johnson County Kansas. They are handling the case
Lot of complaints. Please fill the form on da.jocogov.org
Better than nothing, they've been investigating BFL bad policy since the beginning.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 07:15:44 AM

Very interesting!

Several of my friends and I invested in a MiniRig SC (1500Gh version) and some smaller boxes back in Feburary this year. (2013)

Since then, the main investor has found out he has terminal cancer. His blog is here mcrc4.com | Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Stage 4

http://www.mcrc4.com/?p=38

Introduction

Posted on January 1, 2013 by Ren

I have been diagnosed with stage 4, metastatic colorectal cancer in October 2012, 3 days after my 44th birthday. There is no cure, but I am determined to go down the road less travelled to find one. I have setup this blog to document my journey and hopefully help others in the process.

Oliver Goldsmith is in Australia, while Ren resides in Austria.
EvilLizardApparel

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:39:27 PM

Anyone have the content of the April 2013 new terms? The one with "2 months or more" delivery estimate in it. I need it word for word for the AG and FTC.

Thanks
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:51:48 PM

You can search past BFL web pages here

http://archive.org/web/web.php
chanson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:41:18 PM

Anyone have the content of the April 2013 new terms? The one with "2 months or more" delivery estimate in it. I need it word for word for the AG and FTC.

Thanks

You're going to need the terms of the consent clicker box that you had to click to avoid automatic refund when BFL announced the final product design modifications. That happened after April, but I can't remember the date.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:55:14 PM

Very interesting!

Several of my friends and I invested in a MiniRig SC (1500Gh version) and some smaller boxes back in Feburary this year. (2013)

Since then, the main investor has found out he has terminal cancer. His blog is here mcrc4.com | Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Stage 4

Introduction

I have been diagnosed with stage 4, metastatic colorectal cancer in October 2012, 3 days after my 44th birthday. There is no cure, but I am determined to go down the road less travelled to find one. I have setup this blog to document my journey and hopefully help others in the process.

PG ...thanks for giving clarity on this ...I suppose given the current state of BFL

pplz are driven to anything to try and get them to deliver ......

I think all thats left is "kids with Cancer " or he needs a new liver that can only be bought with sweet sweet BTC ..lolz  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 11:04:23 PM

Don't try to con cons
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 01:42:58 AM

Very interesting!

Introduction

PG ...thanks for giving clarity on this ...I suppose given the current state of BFL

I think all thats left is "kids with Cancer " or he needs a new liver that can only be bought with sweet sweet BTC ..lolz  Cool

No problem, bud. Actually, I was just seeing if Xian still has be on ignore.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:46:17 AM

Very interesting!

Introduction

....lolz

My wife says I am a bit insensitive with my comments at times

So in this vain ..l think it will be safe to say that the REAL cancer victim will be DEAD b4 Oliver Goldsmith gets his MiniRig

Its the  BFL vs Cancer OFF 2013 ..who will win CANCER OR BFL and Oliver Goldsmith  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 07:20:28 AM

Very interesting!

Introduction

....lolz

My wife says I am a bit insensitive with my comments at times

So in this vain ..l think it will be safe to say that the REAL cancer victim will be DEAD b4 Oliver Goldsmith gets his MiniRig

Its the  BFL vs Cancer OFF 2013 ..who will win CANCER OR BFL and Oliver Goldsmith  Cool

With tears in my eyes, I quote thou.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: