Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAILED]Butterfly Labs 30 day countdown to the end of September  (Read 69431 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 02:54:45 PM

Please, and I'm dead serious about this, tell me what you thought was going to happen after we shipped all of our products? Did you think difficulty would remain the same or go down?

Josh forgot to add a third choice: Would the difficulty go up? BTW, this is the correct answer, but then it wouldn't have been a rhetorical question, along with giving the previous "dead serious" question cred.

Taking the two sentences combined, it's difficult to ascertain if Josh truly is dead serious or simply offering up a rhetorical choice.

I'm serious.  The cognitive disconnect that some people hold is amazing to me.  The people complaining about BFL not shipping then complaining that the difficulty is going up because BFL is shipping is mind boggling.  Do they just not understand how difficulty works?  Did they think they'd be the only people receiving a device and no one else would? What's the logic behind their posts?  That's what I want to know.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:56:08 PM

They're complaining because you're late and others are early (relative to you).  There's nothing more or less to it than that.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 03:00:47 PM

They're complaining because you're late and others are early (relative to you).  There's nothing more or less to it than that.

Someone hasn't been reading the forums!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 03:05:42 PM

They're complaining because you're late and others are early (relative to you).  There's nothing more or less to it than that.

without to get too personal I suggest go back to work and do your job. I have a order in your system which I can charge off. this is the situation we have right now. I will never ever do any business with you again, for shure.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 03:10:45 PM

They're complaining because you're late and others are early (relative to you).  There's nothing more or less to it than that.

without to get too personal I suggest go back to work and do your job. I have a order in your system which I can charge off. this is the situation we have right now. I will never ever do any business with you again, for shure.

Believe me, it will be more of a relief to me than it will be to you!

PS - there's no "H' in "sure".

daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:12:03 PM

Please, and I'm dead serious about this, tell me what you thought was going to happen after we shipped all of our products? Did you think difficulty would remain the same or go down?

Josh forgot to add a third choice: Would the difficulty go up? BTW, this is the correct answer, but then it wouldn't have been a rhetorical question, along with giving the previous "dead serious" question cred.

Taking the two sentences combined, it's difficult to ascertain if Josh truly is dead serious or simply offering up a rhetorical choice.

I'm serious.  The cognitive disconnect that some people hold is amazing to me.  The people complaining about BFL not shipping then complaining that the difficulty is going up because BFL is shipping is mind boggling.  Do they just not understand how difficulty works?  Did they think they'd be the only people receiving a device and no one else would? What's the logic behind their posts?  That's what I want to know.

I think the cognitive disconnect lies with you and shipping products. Did you think people were not gonna bitch about you not shipping their orders for over a year? How you are even still in business is fucking mind boggling. Actually, I do know how you keep the doors open. Holding onto peoples hard earned money and dangling the carrot in front of their faces with your shipping updates.

You just now in the past week got Singles on the right side of 1 year backlog. So reading the forums does not help that much and only shows how much of an asshole you really are.

Believe me, it will be more of a relief to me than it will be to you!

PS - there's no "H' in "sure".

Thanks for proving my asshole point.
chanson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:18:13 PM

Suddenly the shipping for all orders to date slips a month

8 Jul 13 https://twitter.com/BFL_News/status/354233716274495488
With the current order book up to today, I expect it to be filled by the end of September.

That's only a slip if you haven't been playing very close attention to Josh's statements. Josh makes a lot of predictions based on terms he refuses to define. In particular, Josh's meanings for "pre-order" and "back order" are never defined anywhere. He intends for you to assume they mean what you think they would mean. But there is strong evidence that this is not the case. Not the least that he refuses to define the terms even when cornered. That should be a red flag that it's a key weasel word.

IMHO when BFL says "pre-orders" or "back orders" you must assume it refers *only* to orders placed *before* April 1, 2013.

I say this because when Josh initially and loudly announced the chip credit program it was for "all pre-orders". But under the hood in the fine print it excluded April 1 and later orders. When called out on that Josh later edited his post to make it more forthright.

Now, please do note, that "With the current order book up to today, I expect it to be filled by the end of September" does not actually define "it" as the orders in the order book "up to today". The antecedent for "it" in that sentence is not properly defined (even when you view the entire post). The intuitive understanding for "it" when reading the post is the back orders. So what that sentence actually says is:

"With [reference to] the current order book [which includes all cancellations/refunds] up to today, I expect [the 'back orders'] to be filled by the end of September"

This does not say that all the orders through today are back orders, etc.

Anyway, this is just an example of how you think you know what Josh is saying, but he is never actually saying anything. He's quite skilled at that. So you can list thousands of his quotes and none of them actually say anything substantive at all.

Josh's communications are carefully crafted and deliberate line noise and you're a fool to interpolate meaning where meaning has been excised.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:22:44 PM

He *IS* doing his job. Josh has been swindling investors all along...he's good at it.

Charge back if you're able, don't even think twice. BFL is managed by crooks.

joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 03:44:31 PM

Which forums? These forums here at Bitcointalk (which you say are not relevant)  or the forums on Butterflylabs which you have banned everyone from and deleted all the posts?  That place is a ghost town now.

Your shoutbox is now but a whisper.

7 days left to the end of September, what's the new goal today?  July 8thApril 30  Fill in the ____________

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 04:30:02 PM

The cognitive disconnect that some people hold is amazing to me.
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 05:58:40 PM

Inaba_BFL_Josh  

09-22-2013, 10:40 AM #13

"When was I bad mouthing KnC? I don't think I've ever done that..."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/4974-so-lets-take-look-history-some-delivery-dates-predictions-bfl-2.html#post58905

Inaba_BFL_Josh  

07-04-2013, 12:51 AM

"We will easily outpace KNC... even on their current unrealistic timeline."

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3611-buttefly-company-still-work-not-6.html

Kettle Meet Black when it comes to totally unrealistic timelines yours takes the cake BFL

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:15:46 PM

Haha look at the little minions scramble every time I post.  A single post from me brings out the entire Anti-BFL crew to hang on my every word, it's freaking awesome.  You crazies spend more time paying attention to me than you do your own lives... I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but I'm sure glad I'm not you!

joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:24:00 PM

Haha look at the little minions scramble every time I post.  A single post from me brings out the entire Anti-BFL crew to hang on my every word, it's freaking awesome.  You crazies spend more time paying attention to me than you do your own lives... I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but I'm sure glad I'm not you!

How's it feel to be so detested?

Must suck.
bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:26:26 PM

that was a planned and crafted lie ?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:26:38 PM

Haha look at the little minions scramble every time I post.  A single post from me brings out the entire Anti-BFL crew to hang on my every word, it's freaking awesome.  You crazies spend more time paying attention to me than you do your own lives... I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but I'm sure glad I'm not you!

Dance little monkey's, dance!

Delusions, achieved!
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:26:45 PM

Haha look at the little minions scramble every time I post.  A single post from me brings out the entire Anti-BFL crew to hang on my every word, it's freaking awesome.  You crazies spend more time paying attention to me than you do your own lives... I'm not quite sure what to make of that, but I'm sure glad I'm not you!

How's it feel to be so detested?

Must suck.

Obviously he doesn't care, but still takes the time to read and post his little douchebag snippets.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:27:07 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 08:20:47 PM by Inaba

Dance little monkeys, dance!

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:35:10 PM

Think of Lazj99 everytime you see a BFL refund via PayPal.

Think of YipYip [et al] everytime you ignore another customer email (thereby pissing people off, until they become eratic and postal).

Think of the clown trolls when you have to lay off staff because the  company went bust.

Then, think of yourself, from an AF pilot to a shody company that never has lived up to its potential.

------------------------

Smile, you are on God's camcorder!

Because you are awesome!
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:40:00 PM

Is that advice for your customers that have been waiting 3 months or more? Me being one of them
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:41:48 PM

Plural for monkey = monkeys.
No apostrophe.

Since you helped with spelling earlier, I knew you would appreciate the assistance.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: