Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:10:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAILED]Butterfly Labs 30 day countdown to the end of September  (Read 69431 times)
absinth

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:02:49 PM

Why are they still allowed to advertise here?!?!  I do not understand how the forums let newbs get sucked into this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhX5W7JoWI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:08:26 PM

Why are they still allowed to advertise here?!?!  I do not understand how the forums let newbs get sucked into this...

LOL a video laymen explanation
wormbog

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 06:08:34 PM

Poor folks waiting for their Summer 2013 orders or even worse Monarch

“A blind man, in a dark room, looking for a black cat that isn’t there”

If he's blind, the darkness of the room and color of the cat are irrelevant.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2013, 07:02:39 PM

Well played good sir!
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:01:31 AM

Allow me to repost the totally bogus order depths chart that can't possibly be anything near reality and that in no way, shape or form suggests that shipping progress hits a wall in mid-late March. It also totally doesn't suggest that we've only made it 50%-60% of the way to the end of April's backorders.

There's actually a wall in the last week of March that extends into April and ends in May, so if they're still at 50 or 60 employees today, the backlog could be stuck at 200+ days for the next few weeks.

50 or 60?? Where did you get that number?

There are EXACTLY 16 people assembling hardware.  SIXTEEN

They won't hire more because the parts trickle in the door and assembled units trickle out the door.

By the time people who ordered gear in July/August of 2013 get theirs they will be like Block erupters.

Sixteen huh?  You sound really sure about that, too bad you're wrong.

There's 16 in just the one assembly room, another 12 in the 2nd room, and 8 each in the 3rd and 4th rooms.  Not to mention the Jalapeno's are outsourced, so there's even more assemblers there.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:07:58 AM

Allow me to repost the totally bogus order depths chart that can't possibly be anything near reality and that in no way, shape or form suggests that shipping progress hits a wall in mid-late March. It also totally doesn't suggest that we've only made it 50%-60% of the way to the end of April's backorders.

There's actually a wall in the last week of March that extends into April and ends in May, so if they're still at 50 or 60 employees today, the backlog could be stuck at 200+ days for the next few weeks.

They won't hire more because the parts trickle in the door and assembled units trickle out the door.

By the time people who ordered gear in July/August of 2013 get theirs they will be like Block erupters.

Sixteen huh?  You sound really sure about that, too bad you're wrong.

There's 16 in just the one assembly room, another 12 in the 2nd room, and 8 each in the 3rd and 4th rooms.  Not to mention the Jalapeno's are outsourced, so there's even more assemblers there.

Well I stand corrected, however my knowledge came from you when you said (paraphrasing) when you (or maybe it was PG) mentioned they hired 8 more to double their assembly team.

So (even more sad now) you are saying that they have 44 people doing assembly?

Did they ever reach 400 units a day? Hey with 44 people, making 9 units a day should be pretty easy.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 12:15:49 AM

There's 16 in just the one assembly room, another 12 in the 2nd room, and 8 each in the 3rd and 4th rooms.  Not to mention the Jalapeno's are outsourced, so there's even more assemblers there.

Well I stand corrected, however my knowledge came from you when you said (paraphrasing) when you (or maybe it was PG) mentioned they hired 8 more to double their assembly team.

Did they ever reach 400 units a day? Hey with 44 people, making 9 units a day should be pretty easy.

Remember,ASIC's are hard,just ask ASICminer/Bitfury/KNC  Cheesy

Oh & I don't know how Bitcoin works.....Josh said so  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
BTCscraper

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 01:30:54 AM

50 or 60 includes those who are not assembling -- accounting, (nonexistent) customer service, top-heavy but incompetent executive team, (nonexistent) R&D, shipping dept, cleaning and maintenance.

Butterfly Labs has a different interpretation of the FTC Mail Order Rule.  You do not have a refund option with the BFL Monarch no matter how late they ship.
"... In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." -- Albert Einstein
"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat, the luckier you get." -- Ray Kroc
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 02:16:24 AM

16 + 12 + 8 + 8 = Ineptitude.

The correction you make definitely points to the abject failure of this company to deliver anything on time and to specification. It also highlights the fact that Josh and BFL lie continuously about ship dates. Even with the 44 people you have counted they can't ship the backlog in a reasonable amount of time. People need to ask for refunds REFUSE their shipments at their doors and send them back and then sue BFL for their money / BTC back. Also this forum needs to stop taking advertizing money from BFL as they are clearly lying in their ads, on their website with regards to their products shipping dates.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 04:17:37 AM

16 + 12 + 8 + 8 = Ineptitude.

The correction you make definitely points to the abject failure of this company to deliver anything on time and to specification. It also highlights the fact that Josh and BFL lie continuously about ship dates. Even with the 44 people you have counted they can't ship the backlog in a reasonable amount of time. People need to ask for refunds REFUSE their shipments at their doors and send them back and then sue BFL for their money / BTC back. Also this forum needs to stop taking advertizing money from BFL as they are clearly lying in their ads, on their website with regards to their products shipping dates.

I have the BFL SHill Moron 2000 on ignore...so i only get to see his neverending bullshit statements in quotes  ....

its so poetic to watch the moron go down with the sinking ship that is BFL ...I suppose he sat in a plane and pressed buttons and that plane that was part of the navy in some way ..

Its funny reading the knc threads where they are complaining about how they have only shipped 60% of their backlog in 10 days ... I just remind them of the SCAM that is BFL

2014 will include the words "BFL is no longer an operational business"

Keep denying the un-denyable moron ...i suppose if the shoe fits you should keep wearing your clown shoes as we would hate to lose the comedy piece of the crypto community that is BFL  Cool

OBJECT NOT FOUND
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 05:26:59 AM

I see 4.5 and 5GHz jalapenos being listed on Jody's blog, but where are the ones with the 2GHz upgrade? Are they delayed?
cp1

Activity: 616

Stop using branwallets

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 06:01:52 AM

The autorouter has still not finished routing the top layer Cheesy. :Sarcasm:

They're all hand routed for optimum performance.  (sharpie + copper etching)

Guide to armory offline install on USB key:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241730.0
bcp19

View Profile
October 19, 2013, 08:28:24 PM

You're working off a statement made almost a month and a half ago when they only had 1 assembly room... but hey, it's BFL, they never change, right?  I heard the record was well over 600 units, but I'm sure you'll take that with a grain of salt as well.

I think part of the problem here is you fail to understand this is not a 1 person operation from start to finish.  You need the programmers, the card assemblers, the unit assemblers, the case assemblers, the final assemblers, QA and the testers.  If all they had to do was flash a card and ship it like some companies (IF they had chips <cough BPM cough>), they'd not need 80% of the people. 

joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:42:07 AM

You're working off a statement made almost a month and a half ago when they only had 1 assembly room... but hey, it's BFL, they never change, right?  I heard the record was well over 600 units, but I'm sure you'll take that with a grain of salt as well.

I think part of the problem here is you fail to understand this is not a 1 person operation from start to finish.  You need the programmers, the card assemblers, the unit assemblers, the case assemblers, the final assemblers, QA and the testers.  If all they had to do was flash a card and ship it like some companies (IF they had chips <cough BPM cough>), they'd not need 80% of the people. 

You don't have to convince me that BFL has the worst, most complicated, slow assembly process.

You also don't have to convince me that things may have gotten better but they weren't smart enough to communicate it to their customers.

So just curious when you were there, there were 16 assemblers. Who/how exactly have you been kept up to date on the addition of assemblers and the fact that they got over 600 built once or twice.
Who shared that data with you?

I don't doubt what you say, I am just curious who shared it with you.
bcp19

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:20:20 PM

You don't have to convince me that BFL has the worst, most complicated, slow assembly process.

You also don't have to convince me that things may have gotten better but they weren't smart enough to communicate it to their customers.

So just curious when you were there, there were 16 assemblers. Who/how exactly have you been kept up to date on the addition of assemblers and the fact that they got over 600 built once or twice.
Who shared that data with you?

I don't doubt what you say, I am just curious who shared it with you.

Technically, no one, as I actually saw it myself on their board.  I was in KC recently and stopped in to talk to Josh one day.  They are up to 4 assembly rooms, not counting the off-site Jalapenos.  They were actually having pizza for lunch that day that had been purchased and sent in from a customer.

Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:21:12 PM

Stuff it down your shill pie hole  Tongue

Continuing to defend the indefensible.

Every time a new asic miner hardware company brings a real (and their first) tangible miner to market in less than 6 months (Bitfury, KnC) is irrefutable proof of either BFL's complete incompetence or pure nefarious reasons no one outside the elite BFL scumbag circle will know.

The sad part is all those BFL victims with their money (BTC, bank wire transfers) stolen from them by BFL forced to wait excessively  while hundreds of 60 G/h  were being liquidated at auction for 2.2 BTC and being shipped out right now by Avalon.

Even small time asic main board designers and fabricators like Mr. Teal and his Chilliboards just add insult to injury for the countless excuses and delays invented by the BFL FUD posse
bcp19

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:23:56 PM

Stuff it down your shill pie hole  Tongue

Continuing to defend the indefensible.

Every time a new asic miner hardware company brings a real (and their first) tangible miner to market in less than 6 months (Bitfury, KnC) is irrefutable proof of either BFL's complete incompetence or pure nefarious reasons no one outside the elite BFL scumbag circle will know.

The sad part is all those BFL victims with their money (BTC, bank wire transfers) stolen from them by BFL forced to wait excessively  while hundreds of 60 G/h  were being liquidated at auction for 2.2 BTC and being shipped out right now by Avalon.

Even small time asic main board designers and fabricators like Mr. Teal and his Chilliboards just add insult to injury for the countless excuses and delays invented by the BFL FUD posse
I'm sorry Mr. Troll, I didn't understand what you are trying to say.  Maybe if you spoke about things you know rather than things you speculate about I could understand you better.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:24:03 PM

They were actually having pizza for lunch that day that had been purchased and sent in from a customer.

LOL!
I cant begin to imagine the kind of pizza most BFL customers would want to send there.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:27:05 PM

They were actually having pizza for lunch that day that had been purchased and sent in from a customer.

LOL!
I cant begin to imagine the kind of pizza most BFL customers would want to send there.

I bet they have a "taster" for all of Josh's meals sent by "fans" of the company.

BCP might have found a new job... seeing as how the kool aid hasn't got him yet.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
bcp19

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:42:44 PM

LOL!

I bet they have a "taster" for all of Josh's meals sent by "fans" of the company.

BCP might have found a new job... seeing as how the kool aid hasn't got him yet.

That'd be an awesome job if they paid for my mileage as well!  Even at $.20 a mile I'd make out like a bandit!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: