Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:58:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAILED]Butterfly Labs 30 day countdown to the end of September  (Read 69431 times)
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 01:44:23 PM

Paid with stolen BTC and FIAT nice...

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:32:11 PM

Stuff it down your shill pie hole  Tongue

Continuing to defend the indefensible.

Every time a new asic miner hardware company brings a real (and their first) tangible miner to market in less than 6 months (Bitfury, KnC) is irrefutable proof of either BFL's complete incompetence or pure nefarious reasons no one outside the elite BFL scumbag circle will know.

The sad part is all those BFL victims with their money (BTC, bank wire transfers) stolen from them by BFL forced to wait excessively  while hundreds of 60 G/h  were being liquidated at auction for 2.2 BTC and being shipped out right now by Avalon.

Even small time asic main board designers and fabricators like Mr. Teal and his Chilliboards just add insult to injury for the countless excuses and delays invented by the BFL FUD posse
I'm sorry Mr. Troll, I didn't understand what you are trying to say.  Maybe if you spoke about things you know rather than things you speculate about I could understand you better.
To me, what he said is quite clear, and actually devoid of speculation.  That companies are now bringing,  successively, hardware to market in a few months, even as BFL is still incapable of tapeout on the new machine and still many months behind in delivery of the old ones, seems evidence of "incompetence."

Moreover, the timely shipping of the bare chips, and the success of the DIY builders, suggests to me that BFL is not "purely nefarious," or else there would have some can-kicking or other shenanigans with them.  To see the outcome of that was really interesting to me, because I hoped for the best and feared the worst. 

I'm glad that they did so; and I was wrong taking the position that they would not ship as promised.  Not wrong in suspecting it, mind you, given the evidence and track record. 

Within six weeks or so, the pre-order model will be dead, acceptable only to newcomers who fail to understand the dynamics of difficulty and network hash rate.  There are probably enough of them to keep BFL's current business model in place for a good long time.  But, any more, I don't give a damn.   
joeventura (OP)

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:40:48 PM

BFL will be gone soon and we won't have to be annoyed by their behavior that is the bottom line.

I just want to be around to see it happen

joeventura (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 03:43:16 PM

Technically, no one, as I actually saw it myself on their board.  I was in KC recently and stopped in to talk to Josh one day.  They are up to 4 assembly rooms, not counting the off-site Jalapenos.  They were actually having pizza for lunch that day that had been purchased and sent in from a customer.

SIGH
Threader

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 04:20:42 PM

Stuff it down your shill pie hole  Tongue

Continuing to defend the indefensible.

Every time a new asic miner hardware company brings a real (and their first) tangible miner to market in less than 6 months (Bitfury, KnC) is irrefutable proof of either BFL's complete incompetence or pure nefarious reasons no one outside the elite BFL scumbag circle will know.

The sad part is all those BFL victims with their money (BTC, bank wire transfers) stolen from them by BFL forced to wait excessively  while hundreds of 60 G/h  were being liquidated at auction for 2.2 BTC and being shipped out right now by Avalon.

Even small time asic main board designers and fabricators like Mr. Teal and his Chilliboards just add insult to injury for the countless excuses and delays invented by the BFL FUD posse
Censored shill vomit
To me, what he said is quite clear, and actually devoid of speculation.  That companies are now bringing,  successively, hardware to market in a few months, even as BFL is still incapable of tapeout on the new machine and still many months behind in delivery of the old ones, seems evidence of "incompetence."

Moreover, the timely shipping of the bare chips, and the success of the DIY builders, suggests to me that BFL is not "purely nefarious," or else there would have some can-kicking or other shenanigans with them.  To see the outcome of that was really interesting to me, because I hoped for the best and feared the worst. 

I'm glad that they did so; and I was wrong taking the position that they would not ship as promised.  Not wrong in suspecting it, mind you, given the evidence and track record. 

Within six weeks or so, the pre-order model will be dead, acceptable only to newcomers who fail to understand the dynamics of difficulty and network hash rate.  There are probably enough of them to keep BFL's current business model in place for a good long time.  But, any more, I don't give a damn.   

Yes the BFL shills would like you to believe that BFL are competent and very honest. It actually could be fathomable if it was still January 2013 but evidently shills haven't evolved with the hard truth since then. The day will come when BFL will self-implode and shills along with them.
Ytterbium

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2013, 05:51:36 PM

Wow, just saw Josh claim he'd actually shipped more hashpower then all his competitors again

In either case, kudos to KnC for getting it done. We'll see how it shapes up here on out. Please keep in mind that BFL has shipped more ASIC units than all other vendors combined, several times over and we are still shipping. Sure there's lots of things we could have done better, but it was a learning process and we were the first to move in this direction. It's much easier to follow than to lead, at least you can learn from the mistakes of the leaders. Lot to be said for that.

Maybe "units" - but I would guess KnC's shipped more hashpower in TWO WEEKSTM then BFL in it's entire existence.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:55:07 PM

It is all about the HASH... it jumped nearly 1 PH this past couple of weeks right?

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/difficulty

Estimated Next Difficulty:   403,921,886 (+50.87%)

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 05:59:06 PM

Wow, just saw Josh claim he'd actually shipped more hashpower then all his competitors again

In either case, kudos to KnC for getting it done. We'll see how it shapes up here on out. Please keep in mind that BFL has shipped more ASIC units than all other vendors combined, several times over and we are still shipping. Sure there's lots of things we could have done better, but it was a learning process and we were the first to move in this direction. It's much easier to follow than to lead, at least you can learn from the mistakes of the leaders. Lot to be said for that.

Maybe "units" - but I would guess KnC's shipped more hashpower in TWO WEEKSTM then BFL in it's entire existence.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 06:24:56 PM

at least you others can learn from BFL's mistakes of the leaders. even when BFL can't

FTFH

A startup comes out of nowhere, gives BFL a one-year head start, and out-hashes BFL in less than a month.

Meanwhile, BFL will be trickling year-old 5GH and 30GH units for the next six months. 

Sometime in March, 2014, BFL may start shipping units that KnC is shipping today. 

What will the difficulty be in March relative to today?  4x?  6x?  8x? 

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Threader

View Profile
October 20, 2013, 08:43:19 PM

at least you others can learn from BFL's mistakes of the leaders. even when BFL can't

FTFH

A startup comes out of nowhere, gives BFL a one-year head start, and out-hashes BFL in less than a month.

Meanwhile, BFL will be trickling year-old 5GH and 30GH units for the next six months. 

Sometime in March, 2014, BFL may start shipping units that KnC is shipping today. 

Seemingly it's quantum physics for shills to understand. Anyhow not our target audience. Let's hope we can save some poor souls a lot of financial anguish.
bcp19

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 12:58:23 AM

FTFH

Seemingly it's quantum physics for shills to understand. Anyhow not our target audience. Let's hope we can save some poor souls a lot of financial anguish.
I do get things wrong now and then... I predicted 1PH by Sept 1st for example.  I also predicted 3PH before Oct 1st.  Guess I had too much faith in Bitfury, KnC, BPM, Cointerra, etc.  Looks like my 6PH before Nov will soon fall by the wayside as well.  I'd say it sucks to be wrong, but I'm making more money this way Cheesy

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 11:45:22 AM

Today is 3 weeks into "2 weeks or so" to clear April backlog orders.

Not a single unit from April has even been shipped.

Current prediction I have made for BFL (because they are math impaired) is November 15th before they clear April 2013 orders.

Not that its much of a milestone still being 6 months behind by Mid November.

The hope is that people came to their senses and the amount of orders in July-Oct of 2013 are few so that they can get through those "quickly"

It looks like 2014 before they get all the 65nm orders off their books.

Then the long wait for Monarch will begin  LOL

joeventura (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:06:49 AM

For those of you waiting for your units from BFL....

If you look at your account and it says "Fulfilled" that means, no not that it's on it it's way, it means one more week until it's going to be built.

If your pay date was for example April 15th 2012 and Jody's blog says on Monday that all pay dates to April 15th have shipped, that means yours will ship tomorrow.

When you get the email with the tracking number, that means you can start tracking it tomorrow because it won't leave their facility for another day.

So when you see activity in your account (changes to fulfilled) your unit is about 10 days away!

That's the Butterfly labs shipping system where fulfilled means in a week
and shipped means tomorrow.

and Two Weeks means 8 months!!

joeventura (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 12:10:14 AM

If you get your BFL Single today it will mine BTC0.12 a day
your little single will mine BTC0.06 a day
and your Jalapeno will mine BTC0.01 a day

For those who ordered after April first and paid $2500 for a Single, you are just screwed.

Threader

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 01:22:30 AM

If you get your BFL Single today it will mine BTC0.12 a day
your little single will mine BTC0.06 a day
and your Jalapeno will mine BTC0.01 a day

For those who ordered after April first and paid $2500 for a Single, you are just screwed.

Those are tame. Just wait for the 400 mil diff change. Gonna hurt
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:22:29 PM

For those of you waiting for your units from BFL....

If you look at your account and it says "Fulfilled" that means, no not that it's on it it's way, it means one more week until it's going to be built.

If your pay date was for example April 15th 2012 and Jody's blog says on Monday that all pay dates to April 15th have shipped, that means yours will ship tomorrow in three days.

When you get the email with the tracking number, that means you can start tracking it tomorrow in three days because it won't leave their facility for another two days.

So when you see activity in your account (changes to fulfilled) your unit is about 10 days away!

That's the Butterfly labs shipping system where fulfilled means in a week
and shipped means tomorrow in three days.

and Two Weeks means 8 months!!

Latest updated above.

BFLs production hasn't moved in two days (except for Jalapenos which the outsource)
armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2013, 12:51:39 PM

Thank you for your order from Butterfly Labs! Your order (#XXXXXXXX) was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail Int'l on 10/24/2013.  You can track your package at any time using the link below.

This means that I will get my device in - when?  4 weeks or what?

Then I am FINALLY allowed to convert precious electricity in heat and watch my wallet bitcoin count grow by 1 mbtc per day. at most.

DIFFICULTY SO STRONK WOW

joeventura (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:35:00 PM

FTFH

I do get things wrong now and then... I predicted 1PH by Sept 1st for example.  I also predicted 3PH before Oct 1st.  Guess I had too much faith in Bitfury, KnC, BPM, Cointerra, etc.  Looks like my 6PH before Nov will soon fall by the wayside as well.  I'd say it sucks to be wrong, but I'm making more money this way Cheesy

You are such a hardcore supporter but even you have to admit that anyone with a 5th grade education who works for BFL could look at the daily production levels, look at the book of business going forward, look back at the last 90 days and be able to make an informed estimate (with everything being the same, parts, people, hours in the day) on when stuff is going to be done.

BFLs incredibly bad ability to do this means one of two things, they are either not smarter than a 5th grader or they are intentionally giving bad information. I have made predictions in this thread alone a half a dozen times and been right more often than Josh is, how do you explain that?

I predicted they wouldn't clear April in September, even when Josh said on 9/11 that they would
I predict they wouldn't clear April in October and they won't
I predicted that the production would come to a near stop (pay date wise) because of the huge book of orders in March and they did.

All these things had a direct impact on Josh's estimates being (not a little) incredibly, hugely off the mark.

Yet I knew they were wrong crunching numbers that you and I know are both way off.

Please explain.

P.S. dont get me started about Jody who claims that the entire staff of assemblers/shippers etc work 7 days a week, yet Mondays numbers for shipping on any given week are never any better than the previous Friday when you would expect them to be 3 times Fridays numbers.
joeventura (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2013, 01:24:15 PM

Thursdays update:

Thursday, October 24, 2013 Shipping Update

Jalapenos 4.5 and 5 gh/s: April 8, 2013  Stuck on this date for 2 days

Little Singles 30 and 25 gh/s: March 15, 2013

Singles 60 and 50 gh/s: March 28, 2013 pay date Stuck on this date for 4 days

MiniRigs: April 1 (1st 500 gh/s), March 25 (2nd 500 gh/s) March 18 (3rd 500 gh/s) and All June 2012-Feb 2013 MiniRig orders complete.

Oh there is ^^^ a sign of April right there!!!

There shipping department is so screwy, I have evidence that:

1. When they say your order has shipped, it hasn't. Takes as long as 2-3 days before it REALLY leaves the building
2. That they send multiple tracking numbers for the same order
3. When they say that X date has shipped they don't mean ALL the orders for that day, they mean they have started orders for that day

joeventura (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 09:29:22 PM

Friday wasn't much better

Friday, October 25, 2013 Shipping Update

Jalapenos 4.5 and 5 gh/s: April 9, 2013  Moved one day

Little Singles 30 and 25 gh/s: March 21, 2013  Moved 6 days

Singles 60 and 50 gh/s: March 29, 2013 pay date  One day

MiniRigs: April 1 (1st 500 gh/s), March 25 (2nd 500 gh/s) March 18 (3rd 500 gh/s) and All June 2012-Feb 2013 MiniRig orders complete.  Dead stop

Still 42 pay dates to go to get April cleared up

At current rate they are still on track for Mid November to clear April 2013

Maintaining their "6 - 7 months behind"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: