Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:18:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in ICO Ratings?  (Read 6887 times)
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:04:25 PM

Not really, I do my own research before trusting any rating. Bounty hunters are incentivized and rewarded for giving high ratings and writing positive reviews at ICObench. Not any ratings, but only high ratings! This means a lot of people will do it just to earn tokens and the percentage of dishonest reviews will grow and dominate.
bebeb17

Activity: 192
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:19:34 PM

I do not always believe in ICO rating. I will choose ICO which I think will have a future. ICO rating is merely a formality. We need to carefully study the whitepapers that they make and note the roadmap so we can estimate the strategies they may be taking.
surgical_duude

Activity: 349
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:21:05 PM

I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

So let's discuss ICO Rating!

You shouldn't completely believe it. Although ICO are rated by expert, it's not complete exactly. Remember it's just the numbers, it does not tell the success of the project in the future.
And one more thing, the less people rated, the higher the rating. Example: a only person rate ICO a 10, so rating of the project will be 10. That's funny  Cheesy

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
nabinkhadka

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:25:31 PM

I personally don't think ICO's rating on various website are to be taken as reference for your investment. However , those resources be can used to do your own research , get importation information , access other alternative opportunities e.g (Bounty , referrals ).Now there are many factors that decide the future of any ICO. So, ICO rating should not be trusted.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:29:16 PM

I see many Websites that provide ratings for ongoing ICOs or for the future. Examples such as the ICObench.com Website, ICOrating.com and others.

Which is my question whether you believe in the rating provided by the website. Seeing many ICO's do not match what they value. Many ICOs are arguably good ratings but when the token sales of the project only reach softcap. And there are projects that I see have a fairly mediocre rating but their token sales reach hardcap. I took the example of Lalaworld on ICObench.com they get Rating 3.7 but their token is sold out.

One thing to bear in mind with any statistical average is the sample size. For the ICO ratings that I have seen, the sample size is usually very small. For example if a project scores a 4.5 average from 2 ratings, then it is likely not as good as one that score 4.3 from 100 ratings.
The smaller the sample size, the less accurate the result and the more easy it is to manipulate.

Orang Tua

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:44:00 PM

I think the rating and the number of tokens sold are different things. Some sites provide ratings with different variables, and I think it's just the initial help to do further research with the projects we're interested in.
Gunpaycity

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:50:01 PM

ico rank gives us information or guidance to make investments to be taken so ico rating does not hurt if we make important referrals we remain cautious in investing then that investment will be safe

●● Phoenex Global ●●
◆ Taking Cryptocurrency Exchange to a New Height ◆
Telegram  ◣Facebook  ◣Twitter  ◣Reddit
menloone

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:56:28 PM

Unfortunately many of the larger ICO reviewing sites are paid to give good reviews. This is becoming common knowledge within the space, and is a real shame becuase it causes newer investors to "FOMO" into projects that may not be as good as they appear... The project only having a good rating on said website because it paid for it.

At Menlo.One we have created a truly decentralized ICO marketplace - Blockchain experts review ICO's and share knowledge within the Menlo One ecosystem, and are rewarded for valuable content. We have created a system that cannot be manipulated, and besides helping people new and seasoned within the blockchain space to invest confidently in a project having been educated and informed by the best people within the space, we also offer plenty of other features such as

Auto-investing functionality

A Portfolio service

A wallet

and more.

Check us out at www.Menlo.OneGrin
MEMEX

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:02:24 PM

As far as I know, most ratings are derived from valuations from the web based on products, teams, profiles and perhaps the vision of the development team. So maybe rating is just general rating about an ico with other ico.
gudvin1988783

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 02:06:45 PM

I do not think that it's a good idea to be guided by the ICO rating. The best rating is your own analysis of the project and the study of the development team. And all these ratings and reviewers are likely to be paid.
athiftammam2018

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:14:15 PM

I do believe in ICO rating but we can not fully trust it. because in my opinion this rating only as a general description only. Actually there are other factors that are more important is whether the ICO has a team and a good background, if necessary have a product will be great. But if we look at ICO with a low rating, then often we have a doubt whether the project can be successful later.

( M P C X )  Revolution Starts Here!  ( M P C X )
Digital Crypto Wealth Management Platform
tim.bony

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:23:10 PM

Im not so sure, but usually if ICO's rating is great so that success.
But i know, so many ICO fail now.
Im not understand too how the ICO can fail.
bamb

Activity: 938
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:26:20 PM

ICO ratings are there to guide you in choosing good ICO based on rating figure that address the qualities ICO must have before it could be considered to be better rated! This rating does not however determine the success of any ICO!

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
Rainbowwww

Activity: 239
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:33:00 PM

I do not believe in the ICO rating, if you want to invest in a new project, I advise you to read the "White List" , in order not to lose your money. Wink
TheDarkRide

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:38:51 PM

ICO rating can be a guideline for us to choose the best projects. But yes, the result may differ from what we expected. At least ICO rating can make our researches more easier.
yaoye0o

Activity: 353
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:43:59 PM

I believe in the ICO rating because the ICO rating team has obtained an entry information from the upcoming ICO white paper ,they are professional then normal investors.
tungmeoden

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:50:56 PM

I think coin review sites and ratings help us learn some parts about coin and their projects. But it is not all, we have to learn research from many directions before making our investment
snegovsergey2

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:56:13 PM

I once chatted with a person, who worked as an expert on Icobench, but he was rather critical of this website.  Then I sometimes noticed that their ratings were incorrect, so I don’t trust the ICO ratings except the cases when they coincide between several sites.
cellanadalam

Activity: 99

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:58:54 PM

to be honest, i never believe ICO rating. there are many ICO with a high rating but the project never success. better to doing the research yourself. All their estimates can be only indicative and often do not come true.
Marcel555

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:00:52 PM

ICOdrops.com gives good ratings on ICOs. The amount raised, and whether or not they have gotten to their minimum target(soft cap). It is sometimes an effective guide.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: