Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:21:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟🌟🚀 [ANN] CRYPTOFLIX 🌟🌟🚀 Watch Movies. Fund Films. Get Cryptos. Repeat.  (Read 42457 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:54:54 AM

TV service from international providers can be good. specially fro sports. I know there are some competition in institutional content but can be lead with providing quality. Some partnerships with content providers can boost confidence.

That is why I like that CRYPTOFLIX is focusing on starting on a specific market - asia for this matter. This will help them to pool resource and energy in acquiring rights and working on the tech. As far as I understand, they will need servers installed all over to ensure quality is maintained and to avoid outage.
Actually cryptoflix is the competitor here netflix can easily transcend to blockchain if they want to, having a good program to air eve now and then is a must if they can produce a title that can beat Game of thrones in terms of rating then its a game changer i guess.

I am not so sure if Netflix could >so< easily switch over to blockchain. Well, they could probably implement a payment methode for crypto, but implementing more then payment would be a lot to do as they have a running system already and would have to change a lot probably.

Integrating payments is an easy setup , provided the currency is widely accepted.
batako

Activity: 1022
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:15:45 AM

TV service from international providers can be good. specially fro sports. I know there are some competition in institutional content but can be lead with providing quality. Some partnerships with content providers can boost confidence.

That is why I like that CRYPTOFLIX is focusing on starting on a specific market - asia for this matter. This will help them to pool resource and energy in acquiring rights and working on the tech. As far as I understand, they will need servers installed all over to ensure quality is maintained and to avoid outage.
Actually cryptoflix is the competitor here netflix can easily transcend to blockchain if they want to, having a good program to air eve now and then is a must if they can produce a title that can beat Game of thrones in terms of rating then its a game changer i guess.

I am not so sure if Netflix could >so< easily switch over to blockchain. Well, they could probably implement a payment methode for crypto, but implementing more then payment would be a lot to do as they have a running system already and would have to change a lot probably.

If netflix wanted to switch to blockchain, they could do it couple years ago. For me, netflix isn't a competitor.
the_donald

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:45:02 AM

If netflix wanted to switch to blockchain, they could do it couple years ago. For me, netflix isn't a competitor.

of course it's a competitor. they provide the same service , blockchain or not. they have the same audience.

saintkamei

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:25:26 AM

I don't see Netflix doing that anytime soon. If there are stable cryptos, perhaps, like USDT they could implement it. Popular services who once used btc have stopped because of the volatility. Until that factor is taken cared of, it will not happen.

MIDEX ● BLOCKCHAIN BASED FINANCIAL PLATFORM
▬ with Licensed Exchange approved by Swiss Bankers and Lawyers
# WEBANN + BountyTelegramFacebookTwitterBlog # GET TOKENS #
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:34:13 AM

I don't see Netflix doing that anytime soon. If there are stable cryptos, perhaps, like USDT they could implement it. Popular services who once used btc have stopped because of the volatility. Until that factor is taken cared of, it will not happen.

They could denote the prices in USD, so you would always only pay say $10 for your subscription. One month it would be 10 tokens, another month it would be 5 because the tokens are volatile.
Makkara

Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:53:02 AM

They could denote the prices in USD, so you would always only pay say $10 for your subscription. One month it would be 10 tokens, another month it would be 5 because the tokens are volatile.

there are actually services now which allow a conversion on the fly so you just pay for example 10$ and behind uses the crypto converted to $ to pay

Pi Network - mining app for phone: https://minepi.com/spippolino
Blockfolio trading: https://blockfolio.com/trading?r=MvFRE7EX98
Frickeladm

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:17:56 AM

there are actually services now which allow a conversion on the fly so you just pay for example 10$ and behind uses the crypto converted to $ to pay

I believe you will be able to pay in USD also. Otherwise the CryptoFlixCoin will flare up every end of the month when everybody has to extend their subscription. That would not be good for the market and the company.
crazyfrog01

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:21:56 AM

Integrating payments is an easy setup , provided the currency is widely accepted.

As I said, payment is an easy option to do, but everything else is not that easy in my eyes.

Sandblock  ❱❱  Decentralized consortium of brands and customers
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬          WhitepaperTelegramAnn Thread          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❰ TOKEN SALE ❱ MAY 16
jonnytracker

Activity: 672
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:57:19 AM

As I said, payment is an easy option to do, but everything else is not that easy in my eyes.

You are right, The team also need someone experienced in Film industry
king_of_alts

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:05:20 PM

I believe you will be able to pay in USD also. Otherwise the CryptoFlixCoin will flare up every end of the month when everybody has to extend their subscription. That would not be good for the market and the company.

You pay per movie not for a monthly subscription but similar situations could occur. When the token is in a pump cycle movies would be more expensive than in a dump cycle. It will be interesting to see how they do it.
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:36:50 PM

As far as I know there's no subscription on Cryptoflix, you'll only pay when you watch something (video on demand model)

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:09:54 PM

As far as I know there's no subscription on Cryptoflix, you'll only pay when you watch something (video on demand model)

then the price has to be really low for it to compete with Netflix. Unless we're talking higher prices for newer releases.

MandatoryOption

Activity: 546
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:20:03 PM

Cryptoflix needs to fill a niche that is not provided by normal tv services. And i think it really exists, there are so many good screenplays and creative ideas that never get off the ground because of lack of investors.

Yes I think the investing idea has more potential than the we video streaming idea of cryptoflix
Not really, streaming a film without requiring a credit card is great, with cyptocurrency its easier and quicker.
The cryptocurrencies value will be higher if we can almost pay anything with crypto.

helloal is right. To be able to pay your movies that you wanna stream with cryptos would be now something special. But I guess the big streaming platforms will sooner or later also accept cryptos. And then the investing part of cryptoflix makes the project special.
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:30:19 PM

then the price has to be really low for it to compete with Netflix. Unless we're talking higher prices for newer releases.
I really want to know the estimated price, for example how much it will cost to stream "Forrest Gump" ? They will provide some old movies right?
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:52:03 PM

I really want to know the estimated price, for example how much it will cost to stream "Forrest Gump" ? They will provide some old movies right?

I would assume it might be lower compared to a subscription model where we can compute the average hours of streaming a customer consumes.
Do you mean the Platform has an accountant to control its Users? This would be really good for everyone, less problems with limits, since each would be responsible for their own available time to use
areschen

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:02:40 PM

The low price is awesome, but what about the movie's resources , compare with Netflix?

sambuki

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:07:30 PM

No subscription is a good approach I guess. Hence we will decrease the chance to waste our money if for some reason we don't want to watch the movies.
Frank37

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:16:13 PM

You are right, The team also need someone experienced in Film industry
If you look at the team, they are experienced in Film industry, thats not my concern. Hope that they are so good in crypto and in advertizing like in Film industry. Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
wissy

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:21:17 PM

Are you sure? Did the devs mention it? I would think it's better to offer users a choice, which option suits them better, subscription or pay per view model.

sge99

Activity: 434

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 05:29:45 PM

Are you sure? Did the devs mention it? I would think it's better to offer users a choice, which option suits them better, subscription or pay per view model.

Yes, they clearly stated several times in this thread that they won't offer a subscription service.

Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to: